Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some a-hole scratched my 2 week old TL 04

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 04:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some a-hole scratched my 2 week old TL 04

Guys I just have to vent that some a-hole reversed into my car in the marking lot leaving some scratches and removed some of the plastic from the bumber. I noticed it when i came out to the parking lot. F#$# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

2 weeks old
Old 07-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Team Anthracite

dont you love it when they dont leave a fucking note?

i wish i had a 360-degree camera on my car so i could see any a-hole who keys or damages my car. then i would get their lisence, follow them home, and do some car keying of my own
Old 07-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned

ouch. sorry dude.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:17 PM
8th Gear

shiza man that sucks, how does your insurance cover it down in the states? i know here in Canada it would probably be covered if you have full liability insurance? Get back at us mayb with some picks :P , keep it real...
Old 07-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry dude....know how that feels, some byhatch scraped my 03 TLS when it was a month old. take deep breaths, and next time take 2 spots.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shawn744
sorry dude....know how that feels, some byhatch scraped my 03 TLS when it was a month old. take deep breaths, and next time take 2 spots.
Taking up two spots just draws negative attention to your car and usually twice the scratching A-holes. Get some exercise and park way way out where no one else will.... Park normal but in a spot that mitigates the chance of someone parking around you. Other than that, if it's going to happen, it will....
It truly does suck when it does though... We have all been their. I remember the first very nice car are I owned. Saved up numerous years/summers for it. First day I took it to school someone keyed it from finder well to fender well.... Many people are just plain ignorant and worthless. Nothing we can do about that......

I teach my kids the same as my dad taught me: don't do anything to anyone else and/or their property that you wouldn't want done to your own.

Good luck
Old 07-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Mary, Mary! Quite contrary! How does your door ding grow?

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Taking up two spots just draws negative attention to your car and usually twice the scratching A-holes. Get some exercise and park way way out where no one else will.... Park normal but in a spot that mitigates the chance of someone parking around you.
I agree, Smitty. I have known people whose car was keyed BECAUSE they took two parking spaces. Some bird brains perceived it as arrogant or something.

I look for a place where I can park next to a wall or island on my right side. I get close so people won't be tempted to walk in between there. That puts my exposed side on the driver side. If someone parks in that next spot, chances are about 50/50 they are alone and his passenger side doors won't open on my side.

It just cuts the odds a little.

I bought some black foam in a spray can. It's an arts/crafts stuff that expands like crazy and hardens into a styrofoam consistency. But, it just peels off the car and leaves only a slight waxy residue that wipes right off. I've thought about using it for temporary body side moldings in situations where I am concerned about WOMEN on cell phones who are oblivious to the world around them and who have no regard for machinery - including cars. Sorry if that sounds sexist, but it's my observation. If the shoe fits......

XP
Old 07-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Who Dis Is?

Man I'm sorry to hear someone thrased your car, it happens though. The first and only time I drove to the Gulf (of Florida) some prick backed up into my car it only affected where the liscense plate is but it really was just the fact of a shitty ass driver pulling a hit and run. What can you do though. Another thing I hear of those rat bastards doing now a days is standing on people's exhaust and jumping up and down on them. Luckily mine is so close to the bumper only a midget can get their foot up in there, but I just don't see what these people are getting out of it. If I had to take a shit on anyone it would be them.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by Tunaboy
If I had to take a shit on anyone it would be them.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Old 07-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Instructor

Best way to protect the sides is to park far, far away - very few people are willing to walk anymore - and the ones who do probably will stay away from your car - although your headlights and wheels might be missing when you return - but, NO SCRATCHES!! :P
Old 07-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Drifting

Parking way out in the lot always worked for me...most people who park there are people like us who have nice cars, and they respect other peoples property. There is always the exception, but it's worked for me with all my cars. I only got one ding on an old Audi...and it was a little kid who threw a rock into the car while his mother and I were watching. His mother scolded him by saying "no Petey", and then proceeded to drive away. Lucky I got their lic. number, and I called his father at his work the next day. He denied it..but after talking to his wife, and seeing a picture of my car with only that one dent....he finally paid up.....$489.00 worth. GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by JetJock
Parking way out in the lot always worked for me...most people who park there are people like us who have nice cars, and they respect other peoples property. There is always the exception, but it's worked for me with all my cars. I only got one ding on an old Audi...and it was a little kid who threw a rock into the car while his mother and I were watching. His mother scolded him by saying "no Petey", and then proceeded to drive away. Lucky I got their lic. number, and I called his father at his work the next day. He denied it..but after talking to his wife, and seeing a picture of my car with only that one dent....he finally paid up.....$489.00 worth. GOOD LUCK!
lol nice how did you get the phone number from the licsence plate? conectionz :P
Anyways my dealer made a big fuss about the TL's "Unbreakable" lights lol, so i was thinkin if some guy bashed into em, mayb only he would get damaged?? All sounds 2 good to be tru!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck getting it fixed.