Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some c******r keyed my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some c******r keyed my baby!

Me and the wife were at Circuit City yesterday buying a lap top. We were in the store less than 30 minutes. I even parked 3 spaces away from the nearest car. When we came out I noticed 2 big ass scratches from the driver's side rear door all the way up to the head light. I called the local PD and they sent out a community service officer(not an actual cop). I wrote a statement and the guy tells me that the statement won't even get to a detective, because I estimated the damage to be $750. Probably a mistake I know, but the CSO told me to write down an estimate. I went straight to State Farm. They just said get an estimate and we'll get started on it. I plan on taking it to the nearest dealer (Fountain Acura) and getting an estimate from them.

I know this thread is worthless without pics. I'll try to post them up later tonight.

My car is an 07 WDP TL-S.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:29 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear about this..

hope everything works out...

good luck
Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn bro that sucks, that has to be the most cowardest thing anybody can do. To destroy someone elses property. Does the parking lot you were at have security cameras by any chance? To see if any of it was caught on tape?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Racer

No, there aren't any security cameras. I had my wife ask the store manager. His car actually had a window smashed last week in the same parking lot. He said that the rent-a-cop that drives around the parking lot is all the security there is.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet07TL-S
No, there aren't any security cameras. I had my wife ask the store manager. His car actually had a window smashed last week in the same parking lot. He said that the rent-a-cop that drives around the parking lot is all the security there is.
probably dudes from Best Buy are trying to scare customers away from Circuit City.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM
hates the winter

Jealous bastards
Old 08-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Pro

Sorry to hear that. I fuckin hate people that do this shit.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

sorry to hear that....... same thing happened to me.... two months after i got my car i took it to NY and i got keyed from the back all the way to the front.... i feel your pain......
Old 08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Me and the wife were at Circuit City yesterday buying a lap top. We were in the store less than 30 minutes. I even parked 3 spaces away from the nearest car. When we came out I noticed 2 big ass scratches from the driver's side rear door all the way up to the head light. I called the local PD and they sent out a community service officer(not an actual cop). I wrote a statement and the guy tells me that the statement won't even get to a detective, because I estimated the damage to be $750. Probably a mistake I know, but the CSO told me to write down an estimate. I went straight to State Farm. They just said get an estimate and we'll get started on it. I plan on taking it to the nearest dealer (Fountain Acura) and getting an estimate from them.

I know this thread is worthless without pics. I'll try to post them up later tonight.

Call them up and ask if the do the body work on site, if not they will send you to a body shop away from then, thus wasting time and gas. I used the courstey center collision center which is benz certified and they did an excellent job and the work has a life-time garuntee, though you do have to check the work for drips and stuff...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Cruisin'

im so sorry that happened! what jerks! i just got my 07 WDP TL-S back in June and im hoping that doesnt happen to me either! i just traded in my 03 civic ex which had the driver side window keyed....the window of all things!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Damn that suck's! , sorry to hear that!....today Iwent to work-out at the YMCA, and parked way's away from everyone as usuall, and just as I was walk out of the gym, a clown and and his punk-ass buddy parked right up on my shit, no dent!, I was lucky !.....man I was seeing red ! .....I got up in his shit and asked if he could of parked closer,and like the Moron that he was, he said of Course!...I gave his ass a near full, we exchanged words, being a 40yr old man, I'm not gonna get stupid and jack up a 17yr old Idiot !.....So as he left I spit a nasty goober on his driver's window on his Jeep cheerokee......F@#$ him !......got his , I hated to doing, but think he got my message!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Racer

It doesn't look terribly deep. If it can be buffed out will I be able to tell when it's done? Is it something I can do myself?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Racer

if your deductible is $100, then you should repaint...

I wonder what motives these people have..

I heard it's gotta be something (ex-girlfriend, people you cut on the street, etc)

Did it happen during the day or at night?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i was keyed back in Nov 07 but all the way around.. 2K in damage.. and my deductable was 100.. but good luck into getting the car repainted...
Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
bastards!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
oh man, i know if this happened to me i wouldnt let the guy live if i caught him. good luck with everything. hopefully it all works out.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ARE YOU SERIOUS.... DAYUUUUM... well see if they can blend in your bumpers while your at it... just trying to lighten up the situation since you are wdp and all heheheh...

best of luck on this

ps.on the thread titled it is edited but stealthy way since I can tell it says "cocksucker" lol
Old 08-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Here's what you do, you find his car and dump crap over it
Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 AM
信是寶

Originally Posted by 007TL-S
Damn that suck's! , sorry to hear that!....today Iwent to work-out at the YMCA, and parked way's away from everyone as usuall, and just as I was walk out of the gym, a clown and and his punk-ass buddy parked right up on my shit, no dent!, I was lucky !.....man I was seeing red ! .....I got up in his shit and asked if he could of parked closer,and like the Moron that he was, he said of Course!...I gave his ass a near full, we exchanged words, being a 40yr old man, I'm not gonna get stupid and jack up a 17yr old Idiot !.....So as he left I spit a nasty goober on his driver's window on his Jeep cheerokee......F@#$ him !......got his , I hated to doing, but think he got my message!
Boy, that's mature. I didn't know you owned the parking spots. Trust me I know how you feel and I feel the same and also park away from everyone else, but you can't act like that. It's only a car bro and everyone has a right to park where they want, he didn't dent it right? So what's the problem? Sounds like you started shit ... that's how stuff escalates.

btw real men don't spit.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First off sorry about the damage to your TL man. It's really unfortunate but there seems to be a lot of punks that hang out around that area. A couple of weeks ago, I was with my gf shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond and had to yell at some kids for playing with shopping carts around and between peoples cars. They didn't come close to hitting my TL but they did almost hit someone's Mercedes. Barney Fife in the golf cart was completely useless...

I don't think Fountain Acura has a body shop and personally I can't stand that dealer. I take my car to Courtesy even though it's further away. If you need a good body shop go to K&J Customs, they do quality work. They aren't cheap, but the work is really good and I'm pretty meticulous. I've used them for years and have always been happy. Last year my silver Nissan Titan was keyed all along the passenger side causing $1100.00 worth of damage. You can't tell it was repainted and looks great.

Here is a link to their web site. http://www.kandjcustoms.com/index.html

White is one of the hardest colors to match so make sure the body shop you choose is a reputable one. As another member suggested, check what your deductible is under your comprehensive coverage and go through insurance if it's cheaper

To test if it can be buffed out, run your finger nail across the scratch. If it catches, it's most likely too deep and can't be buffed out. Post some pics of the damage if possible and we can help you decide.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
This is a pisser. Man, I am sorry to hear of this. Pray for their bloody and painful death 'cause the police ain't gonna be of any help.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Racer

Handy 911- it very well maybe someone I know. I doubt it's an ex-gf, since most of them don't even know what kind of car I drive now. I've been working as a corrections officer for the past 8 years. There are a whole load of people that don't like me. I've always had the opinion that if I don't piss somebody off at work I'm not doing my job. Guess it bit me in the ass real bad. I live in a county where I run into ex-inmates at least once a week. The ones in jail usually know what kind of car you drive as soon as you get it.

I tried to take some pics several times today, but I couldn't even see the scratches through my camera. They are worse in some spots than in others. I'm going to take it to a couple of places tomorrow. Hopefully they can give me an idea on whether it needs to be repainted of can be buffed.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:47 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Are you really 40? I thought that shit stopped when people were 20.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Have A Nice Day!!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Haterrrssss !!!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You do realize that your TL's color is much less common than others, so you'll most likely run into that kid again.. He'll be the one seeing red. Literally. Guess what might happen next time?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Racer

It turns out that Fountain Acura actually does have a body shop. They quoted me $965.xx for the work. My deductible is only $250, so I will definately be going through my insurance.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Racer

I finally had my baby fixed. IMHO opinion Fountain Acura's body shop did a terrific job. It looks brand new. I can't even tell it was ever keyed. The best part is that due to the coupon ($100) in my pre-paid maintenance book it only cost me $150 out of pocket.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Pro

^ Nice! Glad to hear it!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Instructor

I finally had my baby fixed. IMHO opinion Fountain Acura's body shop did a terrific job. It looks brand new. I can't even tell it was ever keyed. The best part is that due to the coupon ($100) in my pre-paid maintenance book it only cost me $150 out of pocket.

I'm happy for you

Dam why can't we ever catch the muthaf%^% in the act? There would be consequences and they would pay for there actions.

Last edited by Ackack; 09-13-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 AM
RastaRacer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
damn i hate haters, i would much rather someone try me than mess with my car..well glad to kno it worked out with getting it fixed, but that $150 could of definately been used for a better purpose, like new mod money..lol
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Some people just don't like others having nicer things than them. They're all cowards, no one would do it in front of you.

With all the stuff that's happened to my car, the one time I finally caught someone (door ding) who was stupid enough to leave their car parked next to me with their paint transferred onto my car and the door marks lining up perfectly, I got so lucky I didn't go to jail. I had several meetings with the police but I guarantee the person that did it will never door ding another person.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro

^^ Yea but those kind of people are just stupid. I doubt they purposely f'd up your car and left their car right next. I can forgive those people. The real c*cksuckers are the ones that purposely do it because their jealous, or the ones that do it accidentally, then split. I believe in Karma.