Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Sad, Had to cancel my order.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Sad, Had to cancel my order.

Due to financial reasons, I had to cancel my order.

I should be able to reorder in about a month or two.

Just a small hiccup in my plans but it could be worse.

I think I'll change my color combo though when I order.

I think I'll go with the ABP/Quartz instead of the Anthracite/Ebony.

Too many people have the Anthracite in my area. I haven't seen too many blue ones. Just one so far. I want to be unique even amongst the TL Elite. Plus, I've always wanted a blue car.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Instructor

don't despair

Sorry to hear about the delay in your TL buying plans.

The good side (at least) is knowing that you are getting a "later" release of the car which psychologically may mean less "bugs or problems" with the car.

That's what I'm telling myself too as I had placed an order in March and am still waiting for the order to be realized.

Hang in there!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HuKaShI

Too many people have the Anthracite in my area. I haven't seen too many blue ones. Just one so far. I want to be unique even amongst the TL Elite. Plus, I've always wanted a blue car.

ABP baby! I have yet to see another on the road...except the one in my garage. :toothless

If I were you, I might as well hold out for the '05 model. Shouldn't be more than 6 months out. Hopefully by then, the car will be flawless. Or you can get a great deal on the '04 when the new model comes out. Either way, I think you're in a win-win situation.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro

Thumbs down

The day I went in to tell my dealer that I had to cancel, has to be the worst day of my life. I felt like I lost a family member.

To top it off, this is the sequence of events when I walked into the dealer.

I had arrived at the dealer and walked in. The receptionist paged him for me. He came in from the lot and saw me and said hello out loud. He said "I was goin to call you later today, The VIN# for your car came in today!" I was crushed....

And then I just wanted to keel over and die.....
Old 05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
The day I went in to tell my dealer that I had to cancel, has to be the worst day of my life. I felt like I lost a family member.

To top it off, this is the sequence of events when I walked into the dealer.

I had arrived at the dealer and walked in. The receptionist paged him for me. He came in from the lot and saw me and said hello out loud. He said "I was goin to call you later today, The VIN# for your car came in today!" I was crushed....

And then I just wanted to keel over and die.....
So did Anthony........just kidding. He knows you'll be back. I was out in the lot with their moulding man outfitting the Team Emerald City Chaircar that day last week when this happened. Heard you were there right after you left. When I asked Anthony why he didn't introduce us, he apologized saying he didn't think of it.

Look at the bright side, you just made someone else out there waiting for your configuration verrrry happy. So, despite your despair, you still doode a good deed.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro

DMZ,

I know it would have been nice to meet you and all but that was not the right time for me to meet a TL owner. I was in mourning and I pretty much still am.

I guess its a good thing. I guess if I have to wait for a longer period of time, I can go with the 2005. If not, I have a chance to decide on a color all over again. When I had the Antracite on order, I started to like the ABP alot. I really wanted the ABP over the Anthracite originally but it didn't come with the ebony interior. (Why acura didn't do the ABP/Ebony, I will never understand) But I got a chance to see a ABP with Quartz and I fell in love and was having regrets on the Anthracite. The Ebony interior is just too ebony. Seems too Monotonous. Quartz gives a good contrast.

The hardest part about my situation is that I have my down payment ready. I still have it. Its just I can't get it right now. (Credit issues) I'm planning on buying some property and the opportunity for the property arose first. I figured getting a house was priority. The car can always come later. WHICH IT WILL!!! Nothing will stop me later.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Instructor

Move to Canada

DMZ,

I know it would have been nice to meet you and all but that was not the right time for me to meet a TL owner. I was in mourning and I pretty much still am.

I guess its a good thing. I guess if I have to wait for a longer period of time, I can go with the 2005. If not, I have a chance to decide on a color all over again. When I had the Antracite on order, I started to like the ABP alot. I really wanted the ABP over the Anthracite originally but it didn't come with the ebony interior. (Why acura didn't do the ABP/Ebony, I will never understand) But I got a chance to see a ABP with Quartz and I fell in love and was having regrets on the Anthracite. The Ebony interior is just too ebony. Seems too Monotonous. Quartz gives a good contrast.

The hardest part about my situation is that I have my down payment ready. I still have it. Its just I can't get it right now. (Credit issues) I'm planning on buying some property and the opportunity for the property arose first. I figured getting a house was priority. The car can always come later. WHICH IT WILL!!! Nothing will stop me later.
Move to Canada. We have ABP with Ebony.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 04SSMTLCanada
Move to Canada. We have ABP with Ebony.
Bless those at Acura for giving you Canadians a reason for living up there.

j/k

I SO ENVY YOU !!!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Team Antracite Member

You'll have it sooner than you know and who knows maybe some of the later models will have the minor kinks worked out. I have the Blue. Love it, but go with the Camel interior.

Good luck.

Abyss Blue Pearl/Camel/Navigation
Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Drifting

Delaying 1-2 months is better than waiting until next year to buy...that is the position I am in right now but I am aiming for August/September. When in doubt, just eBay a ton of stuff that you don't need and watch the money roll in. That's my main source of income and it has turned out very nice.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:13 AM
Racer

Not to try to sound like your parents, but...

If you're that close to the edge financially that 2 months makes all the difference in the world, maybe you should wait until you save up more money and can afford the car more comfortably?
Or perhaps buy a less expensive car?

Just my two cents.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Pro

The reason for cancelling my order was not because of financial reasons. I can still afford the car without a problem. It is because my credit is needed in the purchase of a house. We feel that the purchase of the house would be difficult if I buy the car right now. This has only to do with credit issues.

I said I still have the money for the down payment set aside for it. My estimated monthly payment falls somewhere between $300 and $350 depending on the value of my trade in.

This is what makes my situation that much more depressing. I have the money,my credit is in great shape, I turned 25 for lower insurance rates, but I just can't get the car.

Its like I have a green light but there's a school bus blocking my path.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Banned

I understand your desire to have a "unique" color, but are you willing to give up the extra HP's of the Anthracite just to be different?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Pro

But what's a few extra HP when the ABP comes with a flux capacitor