So Pissed

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004 | 09:55 PM
Racer

So Pissed

wow my dealership is offically retarded. i took my car in for a rattle near the sub area...i took it in thursday morning and they said ok we will have it done by 5 pm. I get a call at 3 telling me oh it won't be done until tomorrow around 4 pm.

They didn't fix the rattle...AT ALL. They said they tried a bunch of different things and couldn't find the cause. You wanna know the funny thing? Before I couldn't really pinpoint the location. I got the right CD and I found the exact spot! It's behind the sub where the rear defoggers are. I pressed down on the area near there and the rattle went away! Are you telling me professionals couldn't figure out the rattle was from there?

I'm pissed right now becuase the dealership is a long ways from my house and each time I go there I not only burn a bunch of gas I get un-needed mileage.

I don't know what I can do either...if I complain that they didn't find it the first time what are they gonna do? Say something like, "Oh sorry sir we really could not find the cause." It is not gonna do anything for me...I missed my car tremendously and I thought OK it's worth it because they will fix that annoying rattle...NOTHING.

WOW I don't even know what to say right now. If I installed aftermarket subs there would've still been that rattle...
Old 09-03-2004 | 11:46 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

So take it in, with other problems you may have, and play them the CD. Make them hang on to the CD so that they can look for the rattle when they work on the car. Have the service advisor evidence that he knows what you're talking about.
Old 09-04-2004 | 02:22 AM
Racer

it's more of the fact that i have to go back again and i have to burn more gas, add more miles, etc. it is quite bothersome
Old 09-04-2004 | 03:13 AM
Safety Car

don't be so surprised when dealerships can't fix everything. after all some of them are just glorified grease monkeys.
Old 09-04-2004 | 11:41 AM
Advanced

I'm having the same problem with the rattle when there's heavy bass in the music. The dealer tried but didn't fix it last week. They tightened the speaker mounts but it didn't help. Not sure if every Acura dealer does this but I received a post card yesterday with a phone number to call if I wasn't satisfied with my service. I'll call next week to bring it back in.

I wonder what the problem is? Is it the speaker or some area affected by the speaker? I'll check the area around the rear defroster later. I think the sub makes contact with something and needs some kind of dampeneing.

Anyone with a sure fix experience out there???
Old 09-04-2004 | 12:34 PM
Racer

I even get rattle at low volumes. I actually put my manual holder in the back haha I jammed it between the rear window. whatever works though right? fixed the rattle for now!
Old 09-04-2004 | 02:17 PM
Racer

Welcome to the world of car ownership. I've had the exact same problem (and some much worse) as you with every dealer that I've ever bought a car from. Get used to it. Now, I cringe everytime I need to bring my car in for anything (even oil changes).
Old 09-04-2004 | 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Not to make light of your feelings but is the dealership like 100's of miles away? I mean unless you are leasing the car or something I don't see what the big deal to some miles on the car to fix it are. As for the gas, have you considered asking them for compensation or anything?
Old 09-04-2004 | 02:58 PM
Not a Blowhole

Another reason i never go the dealer unless the parts cost is over $100 - I fix it myself. The aggravation of dealing with any dealer is just not worth it to me.

Are the woofer securing bolts accessible from the trunk? If so, I would play some heavy bass and adjust the tension up or down slightly in a star pattern until you get it.
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:00 AM
10th Gear

i had the same problem. It is the rear deck. They had to take it apart and insert foam rubbers. Also the subwoofer was loose. They had to secure it with the metal plate
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:05 AM
GREENLIGHT HONDA CARE

You Can Call The Service Managers Boss Looks Like He Will Be The Only One Caring. When I Worked At Acura He Was The Only One That Cared There Good Luck
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:28 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Road Rage
Another reason i never go the dealer unless the parts cost is over $100 - I fix it myself. The aggravation of dealing with any dealer is just not worth it to me.

I agree with Road Rage, I say fix it yourself, if you know where its coming from, pull the rear deck off, dynamat and tighten bolts.

Plus, you KNOW you'll fix it right, as opposed to dropping it off the the dealer "hoping" they find whats wrong. If it were engine/tranny stuff, then I'd say take it to the dealer.
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:19 PM
Intermediate

lol, just wait until you buy a new house. You think you get muffed over a 35k car? You ain't seen nothin yet
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:58 AM
Racer

it's not even from the subwoofer area it's behind it. there are two spots one in the middle and one in the right. i've decided not to care anymore. i will deal with it when i install my new system
Old 09-11-2004 | 08:43 AM
Team Anthracite Member

donkeykang,

how far away is your dealer? i'm just curious cause mine's pretty far away too...

carcar
Old 09-11-2004 | 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carcar
donkeykang,

how far away is your dealer? i'm just curious cause mine's pretty far away too...

carcar
I asked the same thing earlier and still haven't seen an answer.