Sponsored by:

So I got my TL a couple nights ago...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I got my TL a couple nights ago...

shipped from Rick Case Acura in FL.

the truck driver had two other cars on his flat bed and had to unload one before he could unload mine.

i got an anthracite/ebony 5AT/NAVI with underbody kit, decklid spoiler, front rubber mats, and the trunk tray

first thing i notice, oh, it doesnt have the plastic on the car like i spefically asked the dealer to LEAVE ON THE CAR. meaning they probably also took the liberty of washing/waxing the car which i specifically asked them NOT to do. my rubber mats were not in the car as well.

i also asked the dealer to NOT put their dealer sticker on the back of the car. he told me he would not have that put on the car. guess what i see when i look at the back of the car? you guessed it... "rick case."

and when i looked slightly above that, i noticed a CHIP in the paint where the lip spoiler meets the trunk lid. my guess is some guy wasnt being careful and chipped the paint when drilling holes for the trunk lid. its obviously been filled-in or waxed-over.

i emailed the dealer yesterday to complain but havent gotten a response yet. which sucks because my experience with the dealer had been so positive until delivery. hopefully they will make this right and fix the problems (as well as send me my damn floor mats that i paid for)

other than those annoyances, the car is great. navi works very well, the car ride is smoothe as hell, it looks great... i'm really happy with it otherwise.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

I leased my 2001 TL from Rick Case in Plantation, FL (might be listed as Sunrise also). Ask for Harvey Becker, he's the sales manager there now. He was very very thorough about our car and when we noticed a mark in the paint he literally kneeled down and buffed it out himself. Good guy, great service.

my question is ... why did you get your car shipped to you in NC from a dealer in FL? I would be very concerned about not being at the dealer to take delivery so you can be sure everything is good to go before you leave.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Team Anthracite

it was cheaper to buy from them and have it shipped here... less wait for the NAV as well.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:56 PM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I plan to purchase a TL from Rick Case within a few months. Prior to this, I have heard only positive things about them. Hopefully it's an isolated incident.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Safety Car

congrats dude finally you get your TL, enjoy the car.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Things change.

Originally Posted by Mr Bigglesworth
I leased my 2001 TL from Rick Case in Plantation, FL (might be listed as Sunrise also). Ask for Harvey Becker, he's the sales manager there now.
General Manager is now Debra Canter. New Car Sales Mgr is her husband Dan Canter.

They are pretty good to deal with. That's where I got my TL. I also had a problem with them following instructions about leaving the plastic on and not putting the "Rick Case" lettering on the trunk. I actually rejected the first car because of that and made them order me another one. When they realized I was dead serious, they followed instructions on the second car.

XP
Old 07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by Xpditor
General Manager is now Debra Canter. New Car Sales Mgr is her husband Dan Canter.

They are pretty good to deal with. That's where I got my TL. I also had a problem with them following instructions about leaving the plastic on and not putting the "Rick Case" lettering on the trunk. I actually rejected the first car because of that and made them order me another one. When they realized I was dead serious, they followed instructions on the second car.

XP
i removed the "rick case" today... replaced their lisence frame as well. eventhough i still have paper tags