Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sluggish going uphill?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:54 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sluggish going uphill?

Hello all, I have a 2004 Acura TL and am feeling like more recently in the past few months the car feels bogged down going uphill? It seems more obvious to me when I'm going up a steady incline on the freeway. I feel like the car should be able to handle it better. Since my car is in the shop for a transmission rebuild (sigh, at about 158,000 miles if anyone is curious), I've been using my parents' Honda Fit, which seems to feel like my Acura (I know, I know, sorry) going up the hills on the freeway. Any ideas, or did the car always struggle and I never noticed? I find that hard to believe as I drive a lot weekly all over the Bay Area.

Also, a totally unrelated question-anyone have success popping the cover out under the steering wheel? I was only able to get it off halfway to try to get to the radio, but it won't bulge on the right side, near where the clips meet for the kick panel. My impression from the Youtube videos and my brother who has removed it once before is that it should pop off fairly easily, but I see a stress point when I yank on it and don't want it to crack...
Old 09-08-2016, 02:37 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Well, that's probably you're problem, getting fixed right now... Seems like it, but who am I to know!!!

Best of luck!!!
The following users liked this post:
Toni711 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Toni711
Hello all, I have a 2004 Acura TL and am feeling like more recently in the past few months the car feels bogged down going uphill? It seems more obvious to me when I'm going up a steady incline on the freeway. I feel like the car should be able to handle it better. Since my car is in the shop for a transmission rebuild (sigh, at about 158,000 miles if anyone is curious), I've been using my parents' Honda Fit, which seems to feel like my Acura (I know, I know, sorry) going up the hills on the freeway. Any ideas, or did the car always struggle and I never noticed? I find that hard to believe as I drive a lot weekly all over the Bay Area.

Also, a totally unrelated question-anyone have success popping the cover out under the steering wheel? I was only able to get it off halfway to try to get to the radio, but it won't bulge on the right side, near where the clips meet for the kick panel. My impression from the Youtube videos and my brother who has removed it once before is that it should pop off fairly easily, but I see a stress point when I yank on it and don't want it to crack...
For your panel problem, there's a small screw you need to unscrew on the bottom right side. Other than that, it should come out without any problems.
The following users liked this post:
Toni711 (09-09-2016)