Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 AM
A-SpecBlackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow Throttle Response

Ive got an '04 ASPEC and my throttle response seems to be slow, ill press the gass and it takes some time for it to actually give...

Same goes when i floor it from a dead stop it seems to take longer than it should...not by much but i definately feel a slower response as apposed to another vehical or even a TSX i test drove.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
have u cleaned ur throttle body??? i do mine every 20 k or it could be something else a bad sensor possibly. the procedure to clean is simple.... take it off disconnect the hoses and wire(s) connected to it... unscrew it and spray throttle cleaner on a rag and clean it on a work bench....when u put it back i doubt u would need a new gasket unless its damaged. disconnect the negative terminal on the battery when u do the procedure. they say in the manual u need to do an idle learn procedure but i never did it on mine and its always been ok
Old 04-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
or you can clean up the motor as well by buying a can or two of SEAFOAM from autozone/advance discount auto/pepboys. Add it to you oil and gas according to instructions, and if you are brave, to the PVC line. This will clean out carbon deposits and all the gunk in the fuel lines, the injectors, valves and a few other things.

Also make sure that your tires are inflated properly. Since you have an 04, have you changed the engine air filter ever? If not, its 15 bux at the dealer and a 10 minute job to change, you will get better MPG and also better performance.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ that's what i was going to say...engine filter. you'd be VERY surprise what a dirty engine filter does to the cars performance...I WAS SHOCKED -_-
Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 PM
A-SpecBlackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
have u cleaned ur throttle body??? i do mine every 20 k or it could be something else a bad sensor possibly. the procedure to clean is simple.... take it off disconnect the hoses and wire(s) connected to it... unscrew it and spray throttle cleaner on a rag and clean it on a work bench....when u put it back i doubt u would need a new gasket unless its damaged. disconnect the negative terminal on the battery when u do the procedure. they say in the manual u need to do an idle learn procedure but i never did it on mine and its always been ok

No I havent cleaned out the throttle body since i only purchased the car a year ago certified pre-owned. Im definately going to take care of that this week to see if thats the problem...Ill take care of the engine filter as well just to be all cleaned up and ready to go.

good looks hopefully thats the problem...