Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Cargo Net

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side Cargo Net

I might be really dumb but I think I finally figured out how to install that side cargo net. I was looking at some pics that gregory28 suggested I look at and noticed that the side net is composed of two sections. One is square and the other is triangular. After playing around with it I realized that the triangular section of the net is meant to fill in the area of the side of the trunk near the wheel well intrusion and that the square part then acts as the side wall. With it done this way, you get a nice sectioned off area at the side of your trunk that can hold various items that will not move when you turn or brake. I posted pics in my gallery. Would love to know if anyone else has had a bit of confusion with the side net or if it was just me. And, does anyone think I finally got it right?
Old 11-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Racer

Re: Side Cargo Net

Originally posted by TorontoTL
I might be really dumb but I think I finally figured out how to install that side cargo net. I was looking at some pics that gregory28 suggested I look at and noticed that the side net is composed of two sections. One is square and the other is triangular. After playing around with it I realized that the triangular section of the net is meant to fill in the area of the side of the trunk near the wheel well intrusion and that the square part then acts as the side wall. With it done this way, you get a nice sectioned off area at the side of your trunk that can hold various items that will not move when you turn or brake. I posted pics in my gallery. Would love to know if anyone else has had a bit of confusion with the side net or if it was just me. And, does anyone think I finally got it right?
That's exactly how I set my side net up. Any thoughts on how to set the large net up? My trunk tray is causing the set-up of my large net to be a difficult excercise.

Solution for fitting large cargo net if one has a trunk tray: slice a hole over the connector and push through like buttoning one's shirt. "zexi" suggested this.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Side Cargo Net

Originally posted by gregory28
That's exactly how I set my side net up. Any thoughts on how to set the large net up? My trunk tray is causing the set-up of my large net to be a difficult excercise.
That looks very helpful. I also have the trunk tray and its causing me problems as well.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to work on (carefully) slotting my trunk tray so I can put both the nets in. This car is, after all, my favorite grocery-getter.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Pro

Did you guys figure that out on your own? It was a bit weird when I first found the side net, looked like an odd shape. Took a while to figure it out. Had it in wrong I think for the first three weeks. My Tl is one month old on the 28th of November, may have to give it a party.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Racer

I was inspired by the fellow that had the original pics on setting up his cargo nets. I placed my small cargo net on the right side due to the gap in the trunk tray that I wanted to utilize. I figured out that having the triangle in the configuration was better than the example given.

The sound system was easier to figure out!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Side Cargo Net

Originally posted by Jss1
That looks very helpful. I also have the trunk tray and its causing me problems as well.
From another member: slice a hole in the trunk tray over the connector and feed through like buttoning one's shirt.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:12 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like a good solution, it is kind of a figure it out for your self net, even the dealer said that, but what do they know?