Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Questions for Houston Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Questions for Houston Owners

I recently bought an 04 TL NBP. I was wondering where the best place to have it serviced is? I live in the CLear Lake area so Champion is the closest. However, I work off I10 & Gessner so I drive by Sterling McCall and I am not far from John Eagle.

Also, does acura provide loaners during service or just certain dealers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
05 WDP TL

wanted to ask the same question! i live in bellaire, tx and i bought my car from champion although they got my car from sterling mccall and drove it down there to champion so i could pick it up.....ridiculous....

anyways....i think if you bought your car from certain dealers they will give you a loaner car otherwise you will probably have to leave it there .....i think john eagle gave free loaners as well as free oil changes....

what are you getting done?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Intermediate

I don't eed to have anything done to it. I bought the car used from a friend of mine @ Mercedes Benz of Sugarland. i just want to know who has the best service around and which dealer will give loaners.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by swtato
I recently bought an 04 TL NBP. I was wondering where the best place to have it serviced is? I live in the CLear Lake area so Champion is the closest. However, I work off I10 & Gessner so I drive by Sterling McCall and I am not far from John Eagle.

Also, does acura provide loaners during service or just certain dealers?

Thanks in advance!

I bought my TSX through the dealership at which I work (Land Rover Houston) and I spoke with the service managers at both Sterling McCall & John Eagle about getting it serviced for warranty issues. John Eagle wouldn't provide a loaner but Sterling McCall not only provided a loaner, they gave me a TL. I even called in at a later date w/o setting an appointment and sure enough, I had another TL loaner waiting for me 30 minutes later. Bottom line, it would take an unforgettably terrible experience before I would take my car anywhere else and I hope after dealing with Sterling McCall, you feel the same way.

Two weeks ago, I traded my TSX for an 05' TL and I would recommend Sterling McCall for all Acura parts, service and sales.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Why not just go to a quick lube like Walmart Lube Express.

Better filters....more oil choices...less expensive...faster....reasonably good job.

Michael
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael Wan
Why not just go to a quick lube like Walmart Lube Express.

Better filters....more oil choices...less expensive...faster....reasonably good job.

Michael

"reasonably good job" SCARY! Plus if i get a loaner it would be a shoping cart!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by swtato
"reasonably good job" SCARY! Plus if i get a loaner it would be a shoping cart!
swtato,
Why would you need a loaner if you go to a fast lube anyway???

Besides, from my experience, dealership, independent shops, quick lubes...they all do roughly the same quality work. It actually all boils down to the parts they use.

I use to think that dealers far surpass independent shops...esp. quick lubes in terms of quality of the labor...but boy was I wrong when I saw how those guys work on cars at the dealer.

The horror stories that you often hear on quick lubes messing up cars is a very small percentage. The important part is that when you go there, you have to watch tech very carefully and challenge them in the event that you see them doing something that is unacceptable, which is rare if you're present.

Remember that the new Honda OE filter is a Fram. The Walmart Supertech in house filter is a Champion Labs Ecore filter, which is a decent filter for 3-5K OCIs. Used along with the Pennzoil 5w-20, it is an excellent combo for the shorter 3-5K OCIs...Walmart only charges $15.88.

Michael
Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SamiaM68
I bought my TSX through the dealership at which I work (Land Rover Houston) and I spoke with the service managers at both Sterling McCall & John Eagle about getting it serviced for warranty issues. John Eagle wouldn't provide a loaner but Sterling McCall not only provided a loaner, they gave me a TL. I even called in at a later date w/o setting an appointment and sure enough, I had another TL loaner waiting for me 30 minutes later. Bottom line, it would take an unforgettably terrible experience before I would take my car anywhere else and I hope after dealing with Sterling McCall, you feel the same way.

Two weeks ago, I traded my TSX for an 05' TL and I would recommend Sterling McCall for all Acura parts, service and sales.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael Wan
swtato,
Why would you need a loaner if you go to a fast lube anyway???

Besides, from my experience, dealership, independent shops, quick lubes...they all do roughly the same quality work. It actually all boils down to the parts they use.

I use to think that dealers far surpass independent shops...esp. quick lubes in terms of quality of the labor...but boy was I wrong when I saw how those guys work on cars at the dealer.

The horror stories that you often hear on quick lubes messing up cars is a very small percentage. The important part is that when you go there, you have to watch tech very carefully and challenge them in the event that you see them doing something that is unacceptable, which is rare if you're present.

Remember that the new Honda OE filter is a Fram. The Walmart Supertech in house filter is a Champion Labs Ecore filter, which is a decent filter for 3-5K OCIs. Used along with the Pennzoil 5w-20, it is an excellent combo for the shorter 3-5K OCIs...Walmart only charges $15.88.

Michael

Loaner part was a joke! I just like the fact if I have aproblem with a dealer I have the ability to bich higher up a ladder. I agree that most quick lubes are the same regardless if it is a dealer or not.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
i like steerling mccall better

At least the loaner part of it. John Eagle always being a bitch about the gas level when you return the car...excatly same as when you check it out. Steerling mc call the last time I got a loaner (been here 2 times aready) someone inform me that there is a $7 charge for gas(new policy since june) but I didnt get charge for that either. And their loaner fleet are TSX and TLs not RSX like John Eagle. Anyone has been sucessfully gotten new tires...i hate my EL42 so much but I guess mine is not that bad and they would not replace them. Any recommended service advisor?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

For service, I use Lam Nguyen @ Sterling McCall. Good guy!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Way Fast Whitey

Guys Gillman is by far the best place I have dealt with on service. If you go ask for Matt and he will take care of you. I have owned 4 acuras and have yet to be let down.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by SamiaM68
For service, I use Lam Nguyen @ Sterling McCall. Good guy!

Sterling McCall also gives you a free car wash...Do the other dealerships do the same?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Way Fast Whitey

Yes Gillman does that too. They hand wash and vac the interior.