Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle window tinting shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle window tinting shop recommendation

Any of you proud 04TL owners recommend a good window tinting shop here in Seattle (preferably N of Seattle)? Thanks. How much should I expect? And is felt needed at all on the TL? Thanks.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Sky
Any of you proud 04TL owners recommend a good window tinting shop here in Seattle (preferably N of Seattle)? Thanks. How much should I expect? And is felt needed at all on the TL? Thanks.
Not that I know anyone in Seattle but what I've done in the past here in Indy to find a reputable tint shop is just ask a person driving a car that has a great tint job. For example, at the gas station and maybe a car pulls up with a great looking tint....just walk over and ask them. The guy/gal will probably let you look it over real well and give you details on where it was done at.

You'll get two different answers on whether felt is needed on the TL. Some people have not installed the felt and have no problems with scratches....and then there are those who do have problems.

My advice would be to ask your installer and ensure that they will correct/replace if it does scratch - some tints I know come with a warranty against scratches.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Cool thanks. That's a good way to find out. Still have a couple more weeks to do research before my car arrives in a few weeks.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Team Anthracite Peon

Originally Posted by Blue Sky
Element Performance, in Bellevue (Factoria area). 425-614-0088, ask for Joey, the owner. Myself and a buddy both got our TLs tinted there - outstanding job. No felt, and no scratches. Another friend got his new S4 tinted there as well. Highly recommend them, and he had a special deal for $169. They also apply the "clear bra" stuff from 3M...thinking about having that done next. Good luck!

-X-
Old 05-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xerxes480
Element Performance, in Bellevue (Factoria area). 425-614-0088, ask for Joey, the owner. Myself and a buddy both got our TLs tinted there - outstanding job. No felt, and no scratches. Another friend got his new S4 tinted there as well. Highly recommend them, and he had a special deal for $169. They also apply the "clear bra" stuff from 3M...thinking about having that done next. Good luck!

-X-
Excellent info X! Thanks. I will give them a call for sure.

I'm also thinking of getting the clear bra. I haven't seen one in person so till a bit skeptical about the appearence. But on the other hand I don't want stone chips.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Banned

Blue Sky,

For a shop in the North End I would recommend Darkside in Bothell. I have been sending customers there for five years and nobody has ever complained about how awesome of a job they do.

As for the clear bra I would be more than happy to help you out with that. We have been installing clear bras for four years and have installed over a dozen TL's kits in the last two months alone. I dont know what color you are getting, but here is a couple of pics from one we did.

Hit us up if you would like to take a look at the film on a car or interested in a price.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Team Anthracite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rockblocker
Blue Sky,

For a shop in the North End I would recommend Darkside in Bothell. I have been sending customers there for five years and nobody has ever complained about how awesome of a job they do.

As for the clear bra I would be more than happy to help you out with that. We have been installing clear bras for four years and have installed over a dozen TL's kits in the last two months alone. I dont know what color you are getting, but here is a couple of pics from one we did.

Hit us up if you would like to take a look at the film on a car or interested in a price.
Hey Rock -- I'd love to have a price. Where do you work? Also, I live in Sammamish, work in Redmond; where would you suggest tinting around here? (not that my arm has to be twisted to get me to drive my new car out to Bothell... heh) My TL arrives mid June and I -- can -- not -- wait.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Team Anthracite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hehe. Duh. Just visited the web site.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Banned

I pm'ed ya back let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by rockblocker
Blue Sky,

What kind of film do you use? What is the price for a complete front end (the whole bumper+hood+mirrors)?

XP
Old 05-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xpditor42
What kind of film do you use? What is the price for a complete front end (the whole bumper+hood+mirrors)?

XP
Pm'ed ya