3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scion TC Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys are almost as ignorant as Bimmer owners.
There is life outside of an Acura TL folks.
Do you even read some of the things people write in these other "Racing and Competition" threads? Or even the picture threads? 20" rims, headunits, -100% "tints", 20 subs in the trunk, "JDM" badge conversions... They are hilarious the way people describe them. Everyone claims they want to put ricers in their place. Some of these races are "ricey" in the eyes of the contestant you're racing. TL vs. an STi?? wtf. Oh wow, you beat him with NOS. What happens when your juice runs out? Except for carrying babies, your TL is useless, until you can go to a shop to get it refilled. You wouldn't be able to keep up with him through the twisties. I think some of these "races" people post up aren't even races. The guy you "whopped up on" probably didn't even know he was in a race.

I've never come across any tC drivers like the ones you guys mention and I'm around a lot of tuners/cars. (Civics on the other hand, yes. That's a stereotype that they've earned. I feel bad for the numerous amazingly built Civics that crank out loads of power or ones that look very clean and aren't "ricey" at all.) Most of those ricey Civics are older (94-00) that cost, what?, $3k? Where as tC's are expensive new cars that aren't just thrown together from left over parts at a junk yard.

The TL IS a great car for the money. Semi-luxury and has some kick to it. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved them and always will no matter what car I own. I just don't like the holier-than-thou attitude I get in this thread. But it's not the end all be all of vehicles. Nearly every TL on this site looks the same. There are only a handful of mods avaliable. If you don't have a lip kit, type S wheels, a drop, and tint, then you ain't kool... The tC is a very nice car for the money as well. Sure, it doesn't have the interior of a TL, but at least its good quality. And sure, the stock 160hp isn't all that impressive. But the entire idea behind the Scion brand was to create a platform for enthusisasts to build on. The aftermarket parts base of pretty solid for the tC. The parts are fairly cheap and the car is easy to work on.

500+hp
http://www.world-racing.com/vehicles.htm

I don't see anyone in the NOPI or NHRA drag series building drag TL's

tC prepped for Time Trials...
yea yea. there was that one TL w/ uhh, what coilovers, exhaust, and other simple bolt ons. I'll give that owner credit for competiting and placing 3rd with Porsches and all that jazz.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2615950
Full specs and info

Scion tC 13.8 w/ $1,500 in bolt ons

ZPI Crack Pulley
ZPI S-Pipe
ZPI Cat Back Exhaust
Fujita Intake
Micky Thompson ET Street 26x10x15
Toyo T1R 15 inch Rear Track Times: 16.8 Stock
After $1,500 in Mods: 13.8

322whp tC
Pretty nice looking too
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2088683

For sale: $18,500 w/ 17,500 miles
I'd rather have this than a stock 2nd gen Type S for the same price...

boosted RS1.0 tC

Some other nice pics of tC's

http://www.cardomain.com/search/ride...n=category%7C1

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2192792

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2136567

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2199391

/rant.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u bastard you beat me to it on this one i was going to post some similar pics to this that i found on the web just for kicks lol. ^
Old 04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ after all that, I would still say, no thank you. Toyota hasnt really appealed to me recently. I think they should of stayed with the supra.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Instructor

Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

scions are weak!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

umm well with those ppl that spend all that money on a supercharged TL or CL yall bitches are still slow!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sprtan-117
I can understand where you guys are coming from on how you feel about the tC. But, you can mod any car. To me the tC does not have a lot of potential. Many tC drivers think their cars are all great, when there really isnt anything really special about it. Yes, I will agree. I will give those owners respect in the pics, for going to the extreme to make their tC stand out of other tCs. With that money you can mod a different car, and get so much more potential than the tC. Also, the TL wasnt ment to be a fast car with a bunch of mods. So i am not trying to say TL is the fastest car in the world. In my opinion, the TL is fast enough, and it is made to cruise around in. As for the Supra, I was just trying to point out, that it had the most potential than any other toyota so far.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Advanced

i hate all tc's
can they beat my tl-s w/ supercharged or anything?
some of my friends try and tell me they will beat me b/c of the way they drive and b/c they have shorter gears lol. btw they have exhaust at mosttt
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tahtolindo1
i hate all tc's
can they beat my tl-s w/ supercharged or anything?
some of my friends try and tell me they will beat me b/c of the way they drive and b/c they have shorter gears lol. btw they have exhaust at mosttt

the TC's run 0-60 in 7.7 and the ones that come with the factory installed TRD supercharger run 0-60 in 7.2 you decide if thats enough to beat the TL when it runs 0-60 in 5.9
Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
You guys are almost as ignorant as Bimmer owners.
There is life outside of an Acura TL folks.
Do you even read some of the things people write in these other "Racing and Competition" threads? Or even the picture threads? 20" rims, headunits, -100% "tints", 20 subs in the trunk, "JDM" badge conversions... They are hilarious the way people describe them. Everyone claims they want to put ricers in their place. Some of these races are "ricey" in the eyes of the contestant you're racing. TL vs. an STi?? wtf. Oh wow, you beat him with NOS. What happens when your juice runs out? Except for carrying babies, your TL is useless, until you can go to a shop to get it refilled. You wouldn't be able to keep up with him through the twisties. I think some of these "races" people post up aren't even races. The guy you "whopped up on" probably didn't even know he was in a race.

I've never come across any tC drivers like the ones you guys mention and I'm around a lot of tuners/cars. (Civics on the other hand, yes. That's a stereotype that they've earned. I feel bad for the numerous amazingly built Civics that crank out loads of power or ones that look very clean and aren't "ricey" at all.) Most of those ricey Civics are older (94-00) that cost, what?, $3k? Where as tC's are expensive new cars that aren't just thrown together from left over parts at a junk yard.

The TL IS a great car for the money. Semi-luxury and has some kick to it. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved them and always will no matter what car I own. I just don't like the holier-than-thou attitude I get in this thread. But it's not the end all be all of vehicles. Nearly every TL on this site looks the same. There are only a handful of mods avaliable. If you don't have a lip kit, type S wheels, a drop, and tint, then you ain't kool... The tC is a very nice car for the money as well. Sure, it doesn't have the interior of a TL, but at least its good quality. And sure, the stock 160hp isn't all that impressive. But the entire idea behind the Scion brand was to create a platform for enthusisasts to build on. The aftermarket parts base of pretty solid for the tC. The parts are fairly cheap and the car is easy to work on.

[/url]

/rant.
Then go sell your TL and get one of those fake me out boy racer cars, nobody really cares. I'm sure you'll get the same respect driving a riced out four banger down the street as you would driving a Acura TL Girls would be all over you once they find out you have a T20 turbonator with exhaust and a flux capacitor!!

/rice
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Instructor

^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH now thats some funny as fucking shit
LOL just make sure your four banger can at least go 88mph before you put in a flux capacitor or else theres no point in one LO
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Then go sell your TL and get one of those fake me out boy racer cars, nobody really cares. I'm sure you'll get the same respect driving a riced out four banger down the street as you would driving a Acura TL Girls would be all over you once they find out you have a T20 turbonator with exhaust and a flux capacitor!!
/rice
Awww. Did I touch a nerve?, Fake me out boy racer? Flux capacitor? Rice?
Those were all well built cars.
Have you seen some of the crap on this forum?
You're a tool.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Whatever floats your boat man, have fun being seen in one them

Whoa i think....

"seen in one" = Scion!!!

i cracked the code!!!

But maybe I was a little too harsh, I mean...who wouldn't want to drive these...

Man, I wish I could do that to my TL!!! Argh....why did I even bother getting one?!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Tee EL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you all are out of your minds...our tl's are shit compared to the tc's. tc's will deliver the back hand on our tl's. stop cryin. the truth hurts. oh God help us when you try to race one..you mind as well stop and put the car in park.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Suzuka Master

LOL are you guys high? Don't stock TC's run like 7.2 and 15.3 1/4 mile?

vs....a stock auto TL that runs 14.5 and hits 60 in 6.3
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the tC reminds me of a Dr. Suess car... I'm not a gear head, and im not the best with cars, but i know for a FACT that TLs would whoop a tC... stock or otherwise. Ive raced quite a few.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, stock for stock, the TC has nothing on the TL...

The times I posted above were a MANUAL TC...vs an AUTO TL

Put a 6MT TL against a MT Scion and prepare to laugh
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Intermediate

Today as I was driving home from this celebration thing, a tC with grill inserts was behind me. Then as soon as the traffic clears up on the left lane, he did the ricer-flyby to me. I was driving my service loaner, 07 tl loaded. As he was passing me, he looked over at my car. My gf was in the passenger side sleeping and from the direction I was looking at, that sucker was peeking over to check out my girl. I downshifted to 3rd and blasted the crap out of it. That loser finally passed me again by running a yellow light, which I stopped since I would much rather not get a ticket. I have a scion tC myself, and the power is not even close to the tl's, I wish people would just realize the power differences in vehicles and not make an a$$ out of themselves.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Cablevision Employee

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I see a lot of closed minds here, its a shame, I bet a lot of people who are closed minded who own a 60 thousand 382HP E550 Benz may say the same things about most TL owners.

Its all about pride and bieng humble, I let my ride talk for itself. Im the one who has a hott chick on the side getting her ass warmed up by black leather, if you got the same thing going on in your TC.........*high five*
Old 04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by robbie82
I see a lot of closed minds here, its a shame, I bet a lot of people who are closed minded who own a 60 thousand 382HP E550 Benz may say the same things about most TL owners.

Its all about pride and bieng humble, I let my ride talk for itself. Im the one who has a hott chick on the side getting her ass warmed up by black leather, if you got the same thing going on in your TC.........*high five*
while im not a TL expert, and havent been here THAT long, you've posted 4 times on the site, it's kind of "close minded" for you to generalize US for saying we dont like the tCs doin the ricer fly-by's etc.

Sure, you may have been able to read posts before you signed up, but it's a matter of respect... this thread is about tCs being annoying and not being that fast. period - theres nothing close minded about that.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Cablevision Employee

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
while im not a TL expert, and havent been here THAT long, you've posted 4 times on the site, it's kind of "close minded" for you to generalize US for saying we dont like the tCs doin the ricer fly-by's etc.

Sure, you may have been able to read posts before you signed up, but it's a matter of respect... this thread is about tCs being annoying and not being that fast. period - theres nothing close minded about that.
Im Just saying.....I didnt say everyone was, but its obvious some people are. Just expressing my opinion.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by robbie82
Im Just saying.....I didnt say everyone was, but its obvious some people are. Just expressing my opinion.
the rest of the guys are expressing THEIR opinions... but apparently they are close minded?

it SEEMS as though your opinion is better than theirs/mine, right?

look, not tryin to do a flame thread here, but if you dont like the "closed mindedness" (if thats even a word(s) lol) then dont read the posts about other cars.

other cars on this forum are either talked about being beaten, or or being cool.... just a tip for the future.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Cablevision Employee

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
the rest of the guys are expressing THEIR opinions... but apparently they are close minded?

it SEEMS as though your opinion is better than theirs/mine, right?

look, not tryin to do a flame thread here, but if you dont like the "closed mindedness" (if thats even a word(s) lol) then dont read the posts about other cars.

other cars on this forum are either talked about being beaten, or or being cool.... just a tip for the future.
1st off chill out hommie, it aint that serious, I have been reading these threads for month just never registered since I didnt have a TL yet, but now that I do I post.I aint trying to argur with ya man.......I rather cruise and relax

***seat back, system up, lights up piff***