Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schematics and wiring diagrams for audio and nav systems for 2004 TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Schematics and wiring diagrams for audio and nav systems for 2004 TL

There have been many questions on tapping into the audio and nav systems to add I-pods, other mp3 players and DVD players.

Here are the links to tiff files of both systems, it shows what wires are located where in each connector, and the wire colors.

It also shows where the components are located.

YOU MUST RIGHT CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW, then left click on "save target as" and save it to your hard drive for it to work (they are not directly viewable). File sizes are about 450K for the audio file and 600k for the navi.

The file is a multi-page TIF, which you should be able to print from most basic graphics programs and windows 98 and XP come with a reader for these files (98 you may need to enable it).

good luck!

FROM THE SVC MANUAL

Audio Information (Right Click on this line and left click on save target as to save to your hard disk)

Navi Information (Right Click on this line and left click on save target as to save to your hard disk)

Old 01-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Harvest day sucks....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if the non-nav cars still have the GPS antenna located in the housing on the roof? (I assume that's where the antenna would be along with the XM antenna) I've got a PDA with GPS and wouldn't mind mounting it somewhere a little less inconspicuous than on the front windshield.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Corn
Anyone know if the non-nav cars still have the GPS antenna located in the housing on the roof? (I assume that's where the antenna would be along with the XM antenna) I've got a PDA with GPS and wouldn't mind mounting it somewhere a little less inconspicuous than on the front windshield.
GPS antena is located on rear shelf behind pass side rear speaker, not on roof. Only XM is on roof.

Check the Navi tiff file for exact location. (shows picture of speaker).
Old 01-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks Master, I got two more into my collection folder of 04TL.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Re: Schematics and wiring diagrams for audio and nav systems for 2004 TL

Originally posted by LED Master
There have been many questions on tapping into the audio and nav systems to add I-pods, other mp3 players and DVD players.

Here are the links to tiff files of both systems, it shows what wires are located where in each connector, and the wire colors.

It also shows where the components are located.

YOU MUST RIGHT CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW, then left click on "save target as" and save it to your hard drive for it to work (they are not directly viewable). File sizes are about 450K for the audio file and 600k for the navi.

The file is a multi-page TIF, which you should be able to print from most basic graphics programs and windows 98 and XP come with a reader for these files (98 you may need to enable it).

good luck!

FROM THE SVC MANUAL

Audio Information (Right Click on this line and left click on save target as to save to your hard disk)

Navi Information (Right Click on this line and left click on save target as to save to your hard disk)

LED Master:

Thanks for the SVC Manual posts.

Can you let us download more?

Like, for example, the how-to's for the diagnostic screens in the Navi unit (you know, the buttons some of us are afarid to touch, once we enter the diagnostic mode)

Thanks!!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Instructor

I velcro my PDA GPS receiver module on the steering wheel column. That way I can see the LED indicator (blinks when it has signal). The wires go through the well. I have a fuse tap where I connected a power outlet. My PDA holder (arkon) is on the left AC vent.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Schematics and wiring diagrams for audio and nav systems for 2004 TL

Originally posted by TZVECL
LED Master:

Thanks for the SVC Manual posts.

Can you let us download more?

Like, for example, the how-to's for the diagnostic screens in the Navi unit (you know, the buttons some of us are afarid to touch, once we enter the diagnostic mode)

Thanks!!
TZVECL, I will make the scans, but to be honest, I need the help of others to host the scans, and nickpoore has been of great help to do this for us.

I will see if he is willing to host more. Maybe if we are all nice to him.

From what I have read on the Nav, it does explain most of the nav diagnostics, some it says "if directed by the factory" go to this screen, with little more than that (I guess the do not want the dealers fooling with much either).
Old 01-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

LED PM me I own my own company and we have two websites which we host on a T1. Plenty of space and bandwidth.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Mav
LED PM me I own my own company and we have two websites which we host on a T1. Plenty of space and bandwidth.
That almost sounds like a challenge... <VBG>
I'm more than happy to host stuff; but it makes no difference to me.
(Oh, and I might have slightly more bandwidth.)

The biggest problem that I found with the Navigation stuff in the Service Manual is that it did not cover that much.. I'll re-read it and see if there are a few pages that sum it up.

-=Nick=-