3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On a scale from 1-5, what would you rate Acura's prestige level?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAF-FITI
Rebadged accord
^A Rebadged Accord??? I thought it was a Recorded Badge? Damn I'm an idiot. At least it has Seather Leats! Max prestige... I heard if you install all the bolt-ons, you unlock a gold plated TL.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
No the gold plated is for noobs. I got all my cars covered in diamonds.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say its a low 3 on prestige level. Acura needs to venture out and use different powertrains for their so called luxury division.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered Bike Offender

What do you mean? Yes, I agree that the powertrain in a vehicle is the absolute determination of prestige level, but they're fitting 9 gears into a transmission with paddle shifters! 9!!! PADDLE SHIFTERS! And they're finally offering a high output 2.4 with reasonable fuel economy! I'm really impressed that they can build an engine bigger than a Dodge Viper engine with better fuel economy, and stuff 9 gears down there. Besides man, I thought that everyone knew monkey urine has more protein than a carrot on a snowman's nose. Unless bringing fourteen ducks to a rock show in Japan stops you. You can't see are then if when going up to down bound sound ground mound when to able are can.
The following users liked this post:
GRAF-FITI (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Vlad_Type_S
What do you mean? Yes, I agree that the powertrain in a vehicle is the absolute determination of prestige level, but they're fitting 9 gears into a transmission with paddle shifters! 9!!! PADDLE SHIFTERS! And they're finally offering a high output 2.4 with reasonable fuel economy! I'm really impressed that they can build an engine bigger than a Dodge Viper engine with better fuel economy, and stuff 9 gears down there. Besides man, I thought that everyone knew monkey urine has more protein than a carrot on a snowman's nose. Unless bringing fourteen ducks to a rock show in Japan stops you. You can't see are then if when going up to down bound sound ground mound when to able are can.
You're intelligence is far above my own because I don't understand most of that lol.

For what it's worth, packing a million gears into an auto which is usually just a different shifting strategy (applying more than one gear at a time for a split) is for mpg, it has little to no effect on acceleration. It puts you closer to a CVT sort of.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Well I think you might not understand because you still haven't found a square strawberry inside the HDMI cable in the light fixture. It took me a while too, but eventually a purple midget made me a glass of juice and I was able to see the Twinkies on his overalls.

I didn't realize that the gearing was mostly for mpg: I figured that there must also be some sort of power delivery advantage as (at least, the way I understand it) with that many speeds, you theoretically have access to the power band at a larger selection of vehicle speeds. I can probably rebuild a standard trans, but I still have no idea how a torque converter works.

The CVT has infinite gears. And they pack infinite gears into a metal box under the hood. Now THAT'S prestige. I'm buying a fourth gen Altima.

Anyway, I think our transmission conversation is a little off topic. I'm surprised someone hasn't rebutted my prestigious claims of naked ferris wheel rides and monkey urine. I'm ready with counter arguments...
The following users liked this post:
GRAF-FITI (01-17-2014)