Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Well, I just saw a new 04 TL inside the dealer. It was black with a camel colour interior. It was the standard non-nav model. Its a nice looking car and a noticeable improvement in fit and finish and better quality materials. I also found it roomy. The salesguy said the trunk is bigger than my 2002 TL, but there is no bloody way. I told him he was wrong, as it has been confirmed that the size is smaller, based on dimensions I have seen.

Anyway, to these eyes this is an aweful coloured interior. It looks almost yellow. The car is sleek looking. It will be black interior for me.

Its going to be a good seller. I think they have transformed this car from a stuffy 50s mans car, to a 30s and 40s mans car, especially the latter age bracket, who are having a mid life crisis.

Of course I as a 41 year old liked the last model, but the juices are flowing for the new 6 speed manual. Of course, if my wife gets her way, I will be getting a Pilot or MDX.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:30 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL in GTA

Acura on Brant (Burlington) has a black TL with camel interior, with Navi. Test drives via booking. Saw the "unveiling" last week at the VIP promo. Test drive booked for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Any thoughts on potential price breaks for '03 TL-S, now that 04's are out?

tarnold

-------

'00 Blue with Black interior
OEM Spoiler
No tranny problems
Old 10-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree - the camel color is too orange! Also, I, personally don't like the black dash. My salesman said it is the "new euro look."
Old 10-19-2003, 02:45 PM
DNA
Instructor

Re: Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Originally posted by BLEXV6
I think they have transformed this car from a stuffy 50s mans car, to a 30s and 40s mans car, especially the latter age bracket, who are having a mid life crisis.
As someone who only has two years of his 50's left, I much prefer both the exterior and especially the interior of the 2004 TL (mine is on order) to the previous generation TL or to most other cars of its type, for that matter. I think Acura will get a significant number of TL buyers from the older "stuffy" generations as well.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no hormonal change that occurs to men in their 50's that causes a sudden change in taste or the appreciation and enjoyment of a high-tech car that handles well. I've always owned sporty cars and I have no sudden urge to change now that I'm older. I will admit that driver comfort (another area that is improved with the 2004 TL) has a higher priority than it used to.

I agree with the above comments about the orange-ish camel leather. Fortunately, there are three other interior choices, all of which look good to me. (For what its worth, my Acura salesman said that the camel interior is starting to show a lot of scuff and dirt marks in their demo car. Not surprisingly the Ebony is much better and Quartz is wearing pretty good too, he says. I don't think they have a parchment demo but it is much lighter than the previous TL's parchment and he said he's sure it will be harder to keep clean as well.)

-David
Old 10-19-2003, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

Re: New TL in GTA

Originally posted by tarnold

Any thoughts on potential price breaks for '03 TL-S, now that 04's are out?

The dealer in Kitchener said that they had incentives totalling almost 7k on the '03 TL-S.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Instructor

I have only one month of my fifties left and I don't like the camel and black mixture on the dash. It looks awful to me. I'm color blind though so who knows what I see.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Originally posted by BLEXV6
Well, I just saw a new 04 TL inside the dealer. It was black with a camel colour interior. It was the standard non-nav model. Its a nice looking car and a noticeable improvement in fit and finish and better quality materials. I also found it roomy. The salesguy said the trunk is bigger than my 2002 TL, but there is no bloody way. I told him he was wrong, as it has been confirmed that the size is smaller, based on dimensions I have seen.

Anyway, to these eyes this is an aweful coloured interior. It looks almost yellow. The car is sleek looking. It will be black interior for me.

Its going to be a good seller. I think they have transformed this car from a stuffy 50s mans car, to a 30s and 40s mans car, especially the latter age bracket, who are having a mid life crisis.

Of course I as a 41 year old liked the last model, but the juices are flowing for the new 6 speed manual. Of course, if my wife gets her way, I will be getting a Pilot or MDX.
I stopped by Erin Mills Acura this past friday afternoon, and saw the black/camel color combo as well, and was turned off immediately by it. The car tho, is quite the car, I must admit, coming from a passat driver (2002).

I did get the opportunity to test drive the silver/black w/navi they had as the demo that afternoon and i fell in love with it instantly. I'm a larger guy so the previous TL did not have adequate steering column travel, but the 04 TL and 04 Accord both do (also partly in thanks to its telescope feature)

One gripe i had with the car, is with the clarity of the navigation screen. I mean, the system is kick-a$$ for the limited time i got to play around with it, but to me it was poor in clarity. This topic has been discussed in this post here and is now making me rethink the car.

I mean, I love the power (never driven a TL before, but new accord v6 yes - amazing power and kickdown response), the brakes, the seats, everything!

I have seen other posts of the TL Premium (no navi) and to me it looks BAD, bad enough to make me buy the Navi just to cover up the poor job they did at designed the climate/radio display. On the navi, the climate display is to the left and right of the clock, much nicer in my opinion.. but again the issue of the clarity of the navigation comes up.. and us here in Canada, must choose between the navi or premium/dynamic.

but black on camel, just doesn't cut it for me, maybe its cuz i'm in my early 20's.. or cuz the camel clashes with the wood which clashes with the aluminum trim... who knows! I'm a silver/black type of guy

White on Pearchmont pix from Canadiandriver
Old 10-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Originally posted by DNA
As someone who only has two years of his 50's left, I much prefer both the exterior and especially the interior of the 2004 TL (mine is on order) to the previous generation TL or to most other cars of its type, for that matter. I think Acura will get a significant number of TL buyers from the older "stuffy" generations as well.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no hormonal change that occurs to men in their 50's that causes a sudden change in taste or the appreciation and enjoyment of a high-tech car that handles well. I've always owned sporty cars and I have no sudden urge to change now that I'm older. I will admit that driver comfort (another area that is improved with the 2004 TL) has a higher priority than it used to.

I agree with the above comments about the orange-ish camel leather. Fortunately, there are three other interior choices, all of which look good to me. (For what its worth, my Acura salesman said that the camel interior is starting to show a lot of scuff and dirt marks in their demo car. Not surprisingly the Ebony is much better and Quartz is wearing pretty good too, he says. I don't think they have a parchment demo but it is much lighter than the previous TL's parchment and he said he's sure it will be harder to keep clean as well.)

-David
No offence, but as I get older I feel the need for more power, and this new TL really appeals to me. That and comfort. The new TL just seems to scream sporty compared to the last generation.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Saw new TL at Erin Mills Acura

Originally posted by DNA

-David
No offence, but as I get older I feel the need for more power, and this new TL really appeals to me. That and comfort. The new TL just seems to scream sporty compared to the last generation.I just thought when you get into your 50s and 60s, sporty is not as important. This being said, I may still want sporty when I am that age.