Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road rage against TL.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPS on the TSP

Also a dailt Taconic user. Have never sen so many Barney Fife's anywhere else I've lived. The speed up then slow down thing in the left lane is hysterical. NASCAR would be proud of these idiots...whom by the way are almost never driving a vehicle capable of getting out of the way of others... much less their own way. That being said - let this go bud. You will find many more like him thru the years. Save your energy for when you find safe times/roads to stretch that car to it's limits...much more fun than playing bumper cars with a Honda Pilot...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
cammon now, theres gotta be a climax
That's what she said.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I might have let everything else go but once the bottle was thrown, that's ass whooping time.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c
This thread is like a soap opera for men!

Retarded, are you sure you didn't bang his wife or something? This guy seems awfully upset and his anger isn't subsiding.
I know, it seems like the beginning to this drama may have started before this incident whether on the road or somewhere else.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by av2600
Wow, great story... what would you have done if he produced a gun and shot one of "your boys"?

You'll risk "your boys" getting shot, all bc some chumps looked at "your girl".... grow up, you too OP.

One day you're going to follow the wrong person... hopefully they dont kill you and you can post about it on AcuraZine.
Well like I said in my post, thats what I would do. Not saying that thats for everyone. If you read my post i said he looked at my girl and then after I looked back (and did nothing else) he swerved into me shoving me into oncoming, forcing me to go head on with a bus. I ended up just missing it as I was able to stomp on the brakes swerve behind him. If after that you wouldn't be pissed off, then thats what works for you. I personally am a little different. Seeing myself go head on with a bus doesn't sit very well with me.

In retrospect, I agree going to the guys house isn't a wise idea, and retract my suggestion to do so. I understand how the OP is pissed with the driver, and footage would make for good evidence when filing a police report.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Thats the issue I have with this "story". Installs camera so he can catch these kinds of things on camera but then has to ad-lib the first part of the incident because camera is not on? WTFBBQ. No reason turning it on at that point...because it only made you looks stupid in the end with absolutely no proof of what started this whole hub bub. Its useless if you dont catch the whole thing.

I would recommend the OP research the term clownshoe. The very fact he installed a camera as if he is a victim but then jumps out of the car at one point - I guess actions speak louder than words and his actions dont say he is any kind of victim whatsoever outside of a victim of his own actions.

Also keep in mind....driving on US roads isnt anything like driving like those Ice Road Truckers on the Indian mountain or whatever they were over the summer. lol Its kind of an 001 skillset in the US.
I agree. I understand the idea behind having a camera in your car- but wow- seems like a bit overkill. That's just asking for you to be aggressive. Defensive driving ≠ aggressive driving. The very action of you posting this story (and others) demonstrates that.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the camera situation. Assuming OP didn't have the space to record all his driving, it doesn't make sense to turn on the camera until you have a reason to do so.

"As The Orange Turns" That was priceless!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had an incident similar to this where an old man freaked out and followed me to dunkin donuts and started screaming at me in the drive through. He was even screaming at me when he pulled up to the order station so when i pulled up to the window all the people in dunkin are like WTF is going on?!?!

When he got up behind me as i was waiting for my order he stopped for a second and i stuck my head out the window and asked who the hell he thought i was and what the hell i did to deserve this.... turns out he thought i was someone else who was driving really fast on his road and almost hit him as he got his mail. TL is a pretty common car near me

So, is it possible he thought you pissed in his chereos when you really didnt?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
This show is an hour late!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
I have been waiting all day at work to hear the updates....buzzkill!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
this is a fun thread i had to catch up on it all im waiting for the daily update as well
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Sorry about the delay...."Orange Network" was having some problems. So this morning I left a little late and I missed the pilot driver and I missed him on the way home because I came home a little late. Maybe tomorrow I can get something?

I did get some idiot pull out in front of me when I was going 45. Almost rear ended her. Look at the video. Why are Honda SUV drivers so bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qy8u...el_video_title
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
After seeing that video, I'm quite certain you are at fault in every single whiny rant thread you have ever made about road rage.

This thread is very close to being moved to Ramblings.....
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
You're pretty much the worst driver ever.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Bro, let me tell you something & this is from a person driving for 30 years, you drive like SHIT. You make a right turn & mash the pedal to speed in a residential zone then someone pulls out in front of you at the last second? You have to expect it & be ready at anytime while driving, be defensive. Don't drive with the mentality nobody is going to pull out and cut you. You have road rage, I see it.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow there is no hope for you. You are likely going to end up dead if you keep driving the way you are sooner, than later. Its obvious you are looking for trouble each time you get behind the wheel.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by ggesq
After seeing that video, I'm quite certain you are at fault in every single whiny rant thread you have ever made about road rage.

This thread is very close to being moved to Ramblings.....
If you can explain on your point I would love to hear it.

She pulled out in front of me when I was going 45MPH. No one was behind me. I have sometimes pulled out in front of someone in a hurry but I speed up RIGHT away to avoid something like this happening....and clearly she did not.

Was the honk excessive? No I think it was just because of her poor action. If you think I am a bad driver, I am running my camera 24/7 now and you are welcome to see any of my videos when I am driving.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Pro

Now that I've turned up the volume I can defintely say you have road rage & are a lunatic. Guess what? You're gonna get cut off EVERYDAY you drive, get used to it. Laying on your horn like that? Get rid of your TL & buy a moped & put a fat chick on the back, that way nobody will pay attention to you.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
In that last video you had more then enough time to slow down prior to slamming on your brakes. I have been limiting myself from commenting on your driving adventures until now.

A. Stop driving aggressively with aggressive starts
B. You need to slow down
C. Only people that are looking for trouble need to install cameras in there cars
D. You have to expect other drivers to make mistakes
E. Stop honking so fucking much

I'm done now.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
makes me want to boogie home( not driving like orange, of course) to watch the VID!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Pro

Driving way too fast, then after you pass them you start to come up upon the next vehicle in front of you. Did you ride their ass too?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
A6 and TL

You guys don't know this road but all the locals do. Had I not sped up after making the right turn I would have had people right on my ass because almost everyone speeds up quick from the road.

From where she made a right turn is not even suggested. So many accidents happen because of people like her.

If anyone thinks I drive aggressive you should see the people driving in NY. You have to be aggressive. If you signal on a 2 lane road people don't let you merge you have to almost signal and cut them off. You get used to it after a while.

Maybe where some of you live its not as aggressive driving.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
You guys don't know this road but all the locals do. Had I not pulled out in front of someone after making the right turn I would have had people right on my ass because only reckless people like me speed up quick from the road.

From where she made a right turn was perfectly legal. So many accidents happen because of people like me.

If anyone thinks I drive aggressive you should see the people driving in NY. You have to be aggressive. If you signal on a 2 lane road people just like me don't let you merge in so you just cut them off. You get used to driving with a death wish after a while.

Maybe some of you use common sense when driving.
Fixed. There's my explanation.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Pro

NO, you don't have to drive aggressive, for what? When I drive anywhere I do the spped limit, maybe even 5 mph over, if some driver behind is in a rush I give 2 shits because I'm NOT IN A RUSH. Late for something? I don't care, you should have left earlier.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Drifting

wtf is the speed limit? you look to be doing at LEAST 60 in what looks to be residential-ish area

youre just looking for trouble .... you drive like an idiot

edit: just saw speed limit sign at 40.....

how fast were you going?

Last edited by jwr0ng626; 06-02-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
A6 and TL

Here is me driving after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0v2GvogYM
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
A6 and TL

Maybe I do drive a bit aggressive but I am serious guys this how everyone drives here. After reading some of your responses I think I should slow down a bit and not care about who is behind me or in front of me. Just drive at my own safe speed doing my own thing. I will also restrict the use of my horn now. It sounds awful after watching to be honest. I was not expecting her to come out though.

Thanks guys. I kind of realize now that I am not the worlds best or perfect driver and others will make mistakes and rage and that I should learn to ignore that and just drive. Like I said from now on I am going to restrict the horn and be more forgiving to others. If someone cuts me off oh well...I will slow down and maybe flash my beams but thats it. If someone is driving slow or something I will keep a 4 car distance between my car and them and let them take there time because driving under the limit is not illegal.

I hope this thread is not locked and hopefully the original incident the "pilot" drive has calmed down. I will have the cam on just for another 5 days for the morning and afternoon and then I am taking it off. As Morrissey25 its just asking for trouble and is a bit of a distraction.

Last edited by Aretardedorange; 06-02-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
You guys don't know this road but all the locals do. Had I not sped up after making the right turn I would have had people right on my ass because almost everyone speeds up quick from the road.

From where she made a right turn is not even suggested. So many accidents happen because of people like her.

If anyone thinks I drive aggressive you should see the people driving in NY. You have to be aggressive. If you signal on a 2 lane road people don't let you merge you have to almost signal and cut them off. You get used to it after a while.

So many accidents happen because of people like you. When everyone is telling you something kid, rather than get all defensive about it maybe you should listen and stop driving with a vengeance. You went WOT in a neighborhood; the person turned out but likely wasn't expecting you to come up so fast as you were accelerating so quickly to block her out. You could have slowed down but chose not to, you didn’t have a leg to stand on for being mad at anyone but yourself yet you held the horn down like she almost got you killed for 10 seconds.

Then you basically start driving down the double yellow line and pass her as your car is partially in the oncoming traffic lane, and you honk at her again while potentially jeopardizing oncoming traffic’s live in addition to your own. Great video you just demonstrated the definition of road of rage and how one can endanger others lives when he cannot control his temper. Again, I strongly urge you to evaluate what is causing you to get in so many close calls and make changes to YOUR driving style to prolong your life and others.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM

does not sound scripted at all.

500 dollars says you make another road rage thread.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Drifting

Maybe I do drive a bit aggressive but I am serious guys this how everyone drives here. After reading some of your responses I think I should slow down a bit and not care about who is behind me or in front of me. Just drive at my own safe speed doing my own thing. I will also restrict the use of my horn now. It sounds awful after watching to be honest. I was not expecting her to come out though.

Thanks guys. I kind of realize now that I am not the worlds best or perfect driver and others will make mistakes and rage and that I should learn to ignore that and just drive. Like I said from now on I am going to restrict the horn and be more forgiving to others. If someone cuts me off oh well...I will slow down and maybe flash my beams but thats it. If someone is driving slow or something I will keep a 4 car distance between my car and them and let them take there time because driving under the limit is not illegal.

I hope this thread is not locked and hopefully the original incident the "pilot" drive has calmed down. I will have the cam on just for another 5 days for the morning and afternoon and then I am taking it off. As Morrissey25 its just asking for trouble and is a bit of a distraction.
In the vid, everyone seems to be driving NORMALLY

stop driving so fuckin fast before you kill someone.

im tuning out of orange network...
Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Pro

Just keep your temper in control & take a few deep breaths next time. You're lucky someone wasn't walking or on a bicycle when you swerved.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 PM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts

A. I know the road
B. I live in NY (not to mention that I live relatively close to you and the TSP)
C. That is aggressive driving no matter where you live

I understand having to punch it in order to merge on the Taconic but that is not where you were merging.

This is a very mature response. Please try to follow these simple rules

... but I still hope that you are never driving in front of, behind, or around me
Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
If you can explain on your point I would love to hear it.

She pulled out in front of me when I was going 45MPH. No one was behind me. I have sometimes pulled out in front of someone in a hurry but I speed up RIGHT away to avoid something like this happening....and clearly she did not.

Was the honk excessive? No I think it was just because of her poor action. If you think I am a bad driver, I am running my camera 24/7 now and you are welcome to see any of my videos when I am driving.

No worries my friend. If I lived in your town I would have friggin stopped right there in the middle of the road, got out - walked back and crammed that horn right up your back side - knocked you the F out....and went about my way - my guess is, to the applause of EVERYONE around you or in the area. You my friend, are a dick! You have no friggin idea how to really drive - I can see that from the videos - and at the same time have a reaction time to where you either are #1 - on friggin delodids driving around or are just plain SLOW....or - #2 - and I am guessing this is more likely....you just ran your nose up that Honda's ass just to give you a reason to flip out. I revert back to the start of my post....No worries my friend. (start from top of this post and repeat action until point has set in fully)

Oh...and I say you are a dick, in the most respectful way possible.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone is following too close behind me I simply pull over and let them pass.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
A6 and TL

Thanks for the responses. I understand WHAT I DID WAS WRONG.

I removed the video. So for those of you that did not see it. CRV pulled out in front of me and I did not slow down until the last second and started honking for 10 seconds. And honked when the CRV made the exit. While the CRV was at fault I was also at fault for driving fast and excessive honking.

All types of people on the road. Some bad some good some slow some fast. I have to live with all of them. I just can't have my own way on the road and expect to be fine I have to adjust to others mistakes/errors.

So from now on I will drive a bit slower. If someone pulls out in front of me or something I will not honk at them or hound them I will let it go and take a deep breath....maybe turn my music up and forget what just happened. If someone is driving slow I will slow down and not have a aggressive manner and let them drive slow. I am now going to restrict the use of my horn to a very minimum.

All you guys can't be wrong can you? I am wrong. I am the one that was speeding in the video and it was partly my fault. What I should have done was took off slowly and when she came out in front of me....just take a deep breath and remain calm and no horn or anything.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM

scripted.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like you are getting the picture. Because your right...there are all kinds out there and we have to live with em all. If I did that kind of thing all the time somebody did something idiotic around me in a car I think it would be easier to just tape the horn down. lol And on your same note as there is all kinds out there and we have to live with em....you must understand some of those people might be packing a gun? Think about it!

Sounds like your starting to realize that it may be YOU with the road rage issue - which is the first step to controlling it! Keep it up!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by justnspace
scripted.
Haha bro I love you. . Day one since I joined AZ you have always been hassling me.

I hope you don't rage at me after reading my new thread. I used plasti dip to get rid of my reflectors :P.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM

trolling.

Quick Reply: Road rage against TL.