Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I smell thread lock!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Racer

No VQ- that only happens on Freshalloy. Here, the mods are more mature about conflicting views, and take them for what they are. On Freshalloy they are trigger happy.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Advanced

lol this thread cracks me up. especially that silverbullet dude - the self-proclaimed objective mature adult of too many years who swears, curses and name calling. Must rub off well on a reputation.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Hey guys, remember me? The other G35 owner hanging out here the past several weeks.

Hey - I'm picking up a Nissan Murano tomorrow to replace my wife's Tahoe! Yeah, I know, has little to do with this thread. But I LOVE this thread, so I'm just trying to keep the pot stirred.

For the record - I hang out on this forum because I like Acuras,and it will make my short list when I'm ready to replace the G35 (a new G35 will likely be the only other car on the short list). But more than that, I love cars, and this forum has provided some good information and entertainment.

I'm not here proclaim my car better than a TL, but I will defend what I believe to be misinformation spread here on the G (or any other car).

Just letting ya'll know I'm still here, and I still respect the TL.

Later.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by jjsC5
Hey guys, remember me? The other G35 owner hanging out here the past several weeks.

Hey - I'm picking up a Nissan Murano tomorrow to replace my wife's Tahoe! Yeah, I know, has little to do with this thread. But I LOVE this thread, so I'm just trying to keep the pot stirred.

For the record - I hang out on this forum because I like Acuras,and it will make my short list when I'm ready to replace the G35 (a new G35 will likely be the only other car on the short list). But more than that, I love cars, and this forum has provided some good information and entertainment.

I'm not here proclaim my car better than a TL, but I will defend what I believe to be misinformation spread here on the G (or any other car).

Later.
I like most any new car. I like the Murano. Congratulations.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Racer

Originally posted by mspence3
I like most any new car. I like the Murano. Congratulations.
Dude, me too I like basically all imports. I have love for domestic 4X4s, but I think all cars look good. Cars 4~5 years ago look ancient. I think everyone here thinks of that too. I used to own nissan. I was die hard fan and still am of 350Z. The skyline and g35, all of them.

I just get defensive thats all.:p
Old 02-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the kind words. I actually had wanted an Acura MDX or RX330 Lexus. But I had an opportunity to drive the Murano for two days while my Tahoe was in the shop, and decided that I could save $6,000 and get pretty much everything I wanted, and much sportier.

I deal with a Chevrolet/Nissan dealer who I have bought LOTS of cars from, and I deal direct with the owner, so this was really a painless deal.

Thanks again. I really enjoy "hanging out" with other car nuts.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Intermediate

Hey jjsC5 did you test drive the FX 35? I think that is a bad arse SUV. I like the MDX, the Lexus RX 330 is nice too, but I hate the all clear tail lights.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Racer

Originally posted by jjsC5

Later.
Glad you're still here. I don't always agree with everything you say, but your posts are always interesting and you conduct your debates free of flames. My work buddy's G coupe flashed the check engine light. He took it in and they told him it was the EGR system and that they had to order a sensor. They loaned him a G sedan, and he hasn't seen his own car for coming up on a month now. Is this a semi-common event being reported in the G forums these days?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by jedmonds
Hey jjsC5 did you test drive the FX 35? I think that is a bad arse SUV. I like the MDX, the Lexus RX 330 is nice too, but I hate the all clear tail lights.
Yes, I would have liked an FX,but it too would have cost me another $6,000 over the Murano, and I have mixed feelings about the looks of the FX (yea, I know, the Murano is a little wierd looking too). It's actually the front of the FX I don't like the looks of.

Also, for 40K, I would like to see a little more class in the interior of the FX. All in all, a neat car though and the money is what really made the difference. I own three cars, and the older I get, the more I think I need to save more for retirement and think practical. Okay - that's a relative thing!

Thanks for the reply.

Hey UminChu - thanks for the nice reply as well!