Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride in G35

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DARK6mt
I love the coupe.....actually one of the car i wanted to buy....so was 350Z.....but I opted for TL....so my point.

I love the G35 Coupe......the sedan......well......i don't need to say anything since even the coupe owner think the sedan is ugly.

and TL is accord look alike? now you are being retarted. some enthusiest you are :o SAME PLATFORM AND COMPANY DOESN'T MEAN SAME CAR. your statement wasn't well thought out, or you are showing a bit of jealousy.

I think you need to go back now.
Well, why waste 32-34k on a TL when you can get a fully loaded Accord with basically all the same features for less and on the same platform? lol no comment.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
Well, why waste 32-34k on a TL when you can get a fully loaded Accord with basically all the same features for less and on the same platform? lol no comment.
Ok, Ok, That's an argument appearing in another current thread!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Racer

waste? hardly.

and....umm....that doesn't work....you gonna switch your topic to accord?? I will let you and harddriven spend some quality time

Why spend whatever you spent on g35sedan when 2 g more you can get the real thing? the coupe.

(opinion) if i owned a g35 sedan.....i would feel buyers remorse when i see a coupe. I hope you don't feel that...since your car is so perfect!!!!

when i see the accord.....well i see it all the time.....i don't feet shiet!!! actually i feel more proud of my car.....and I am not the only one.

its not about the features......its about the car as a whole!!!!!!! no matter what I do to the accord.....it will be a accord. But I love the accord coupe.....my friend has one and it rocks.....it will probably rock a g35 sedan as well. (looks of course, i dare not challenge the great g35s performance )

lol back to you biach!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Racer

Originally posted by mspence3
Ok, Ok, That's an argument appearing in another current thread!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Banned

Anyways, I am just pissed off and I will keep this **** going if I keep getting BS from the other guys as well. If you RESPECT both the cars I will respect you.

I was ... this close to signing the papers on the TL. I had my deposit on one, and wanted to make sure I drove both one more time that weekend. I drove them excessively hard as well. The TL was smelling pretty nice after the test drive, 20-30 miles of turns, higher speeds, harder braking, same with the G. I had to decide, and I wanted a car that would be more usable for what I wanted it for. And this is what I needed it for:

1) Daily driving fun. (I drive over 100 miles a day, and I like the feel of RWD (first rwd car over fwd). It felt better everywhere from highway to city driving.

2) I autox and race on occasion at the track (Texas World Speedway type), and wanted a car a bit more made for that type of abuse. The G35 has proven to be one of the best in this catagory).

3) I pull a 1200lb Honda Turbo Jetski with my G35. I needed something that wouldn't slide down in the water. FWD once it touches the water with the front tires (not in the water but the water from cars pulling things out is up the ramp, it will spin the tires. Seen many cars get pulled back in because of this) will just spin. RWD will not because all the weight is on the tail end of the car.

4) The G35 has more head and leg room up front. I am pretty tall, and I needed this. My Pathfinder was short on the head room, my head touched the damn roof and it was a SUV. I have more than 6 inches above my head in the G35 where as the TL I only had maybe 3 with the sunroof. Same with back seat, but the TL my head touched the roof / glass.

5) Resale, I really don't care much about it. I plan to keep this car much longer than any other one I have. The G35 actually has a good resale value. It is right with the previous TL's.

6) Warranty. Slightly longer and better on the G35 over the TL. I drove 100 miles a day, every bit helps. Infiniti has over 20 loaner cars, Acura has 6-8 at the most and you have to wait over 2 weeks and schedule a apointment for one, unlike Infiniti, you get one for just a oil change.

7) Better financing and deals on the G35s. That says enough on that.

8) Availability, I needed a car fast. And couldn't wait 4 months or more for my TL to come in that I needed. The G35 was readily available by searching, but the TL definitely was not.

9) Known problems. Too many currently with the Acura and I just didn't want to deal with it right now. From Seats, to Tires, to interior rattles, to engine start problems, etc.

I love my 02 Acura CL-S and it was a great car. It had its flaws, a major one (tranny twice), but overall it was one of my favorites. That is why I pushed so hard to get the new TL, but then after really sitting down for 2 weeks driving, thinking about it, I needed to get what was best for me.

Now do NOT flame me anymore. I am telling you the reasons why I GOT IT. So STOP bad mouthing the G35. I haven't bad mouth the TL till NOW in the latest previous posts, and the only reason I did it was because I was pissed off.

Now just leave me the hell alone. I have been here for a very long time, I get respect from everyone else except these newbies now. So until you come up with some good information instead of just bad mouthing the cars, shut the hell up!

Thank you, my .02 cents.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Banned

If I could get the coupe I would, but I have a need, and 4 doors is a must with the trunk space of the Sedan. Another reason I had to get it.

waste? hardly.

and....umm....that doesn't work....you gonna switch your topic to accord?? I will let you and harddriven spend some quality time

Why spend whatever you spent on g35sedan when 2 g more you can get the real thing? the coupe.

(opinion) if i owned a g35 sedan.....i would feel buyers remorse when i see a coupe. I hope you don't feel that...since your car is so perfect!!!!

when i see the accord.....well i see it all the time.....i don't feet shiet!!! actually i feel more proud of my car.....and I am not the only one.

its not about the features......its about the car as a whole!!!!!!! no matter what I do to the accord.....it will be a accord. But I love the accord coupe.....my friend has one and it rocks.....it will probably rock a g35 sedan as well. (looks of course, i dare not challenge the great g35s performance )

lol back to you biach!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Racer

SILVERBULLET-

look man, I feel that we all have nice cars. I am now 25, and no one i know has a car like mine. I am very proud of my car TOO!!!

look at all the things you wrote here..... and then begin to understand why these kinda things happend.

I didn't mean to offend.....g35 is helluva car...... so is TL and Accord.

This was just a debate.....it proves nothing.

GO TL!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Yawn, more BS from you as usual and the other guy. Seems to me your not makign many friends on this site.

At least ALMOST everything I have posted I have backed up with reliable source of information unlike you.

Again, my statement was a fact, unlike yours.
Dude,

You are getting real pathetic. You keep arguing your point and no one is buying it. Why do you waste your time???I would just stop responding to you but I just can't resist cause its so darn fun!!!

My first observation is this, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEM!!!!

Did you actually read the articles HardDriving linked about Torque and horsepower??? They are supported by common sense and science, not gut feelings in your case. I have studied dynamics and mechanics and fluid dynamics and thermodynamics at the University of Arizona and the principles outlined in these articles have merit.

You assume that everyone thinks like you. I personally will never modify my TL other than maybe an intake kit, and I am not obsessed with 0-60 and 1/4 mile speeds. I am a 37-year-old outside salesman who bought this car as a sales vehicle. There are no neon lights or big wings or nitrous injections in my future. I will go out on a limb here and say that I am probably who Acura was thinking of when they marketed this car. I don't think they had some ricer in his early twenties in mind.

At the risk of wasting ink, because you never seem to actually respond to my questions (see READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEM ABOVE), why did you buy the Sedan???? It seems that for all your arguments the coupe would have been alot more up your alley for handling, sportiness, and 1/4 mile times.

SILVER, READ THIS, I actually like the look of the G35 coupe and would consider buying it if a 2-door fit my needs. You are so blinded by your decision and the need to validate it, you read right over when someone says they like the G35! I like the coupe. I do not care for the look of the sedan, that is why I am on the TL sight. I bought a TL and I'm here trying to gain more info about my car. YOU ARE HERE TO ARGUE INCESSANTLY WITH NO BASIS OR LOGIC INVOLVED.

By the way, and I'm not here to make friends.

Finally, I will NEVER agree that Infiniti/Nissan has the reputation or track record for quality that Acura/Honda do, NEVER. There is absolutely nothing you can say that will make me believe different. Now that your blinded by your foolish will to validate your buying decision, I will tell you this, my wife and I are awaiting the release of the new Infiniti SUV that is based on the Nissan Armada platform. If we do decide to buy that when it comes out, we will do so with the understanding of Infinity's short comings.

AND I GUARANTEE I WON'T BE ON THE SEQUOIA SIGHT TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE HOW GREAT MY INFINITI SUV IS.

PATHETIC, JUST PATHETIC.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

More thoughts on Silver

Dude,

I think if anyone reads betweent the lines they can see you are having some serious buyer's remorse. I think you chintz out at the last minute for a few thousand bucks and jumped the gun because you couldn't wait for the TL. My six-year-old exhibits this behaviour as well. She can never save her allowance for the big Bratz doll she wants because she keeps jumping the gun and blowing it on stupid little toys that cost less than five dollars... Just a thought.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Banned

Hate to tell you but Infiniti is rated higher on the area you wish to deny. The G35 is also on the top list for resale as well.

BTW, the SUV is already at the dealers if you would watch dummy.

Originally posted by Swat Dude
Dude,

You are getting real pathetic. You keep arguing your point and no one is buying it. Why do you waste your time???I would just stop responding to you but I just can't resist cause its so darn fun!!!

My first observation is this, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEM!!!!

Did you actually read the articles HardDriving linked about Torque and horsepower??? They are supported by common sense and science, not gut feelings in your case. I have studied dynamics and mechanics and fluid dynamics and thermodynamics at the University of Arizona and the principles outlined in these articles have merit.

You assume that everyone thinks like you. I personally will never modify my TL other than maybe an intake kit, and I am not obsessed with 0-60 and 1/4 mile speeds. I am a 37-year-old outside salesman who bought this car as a sales vehicle. There are no neon lights or big wings or nitrous injections in my future. I will go out on a limb here and say that I am probably who Acura was thinking of when they marketed this car. I don't think they had some ricer in his early twenties in mind.

At the risk of wasting ink, because you never seem to actually respond to my questions (see READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEM ABOVE), why did you buy the Sedan???? It seems that for all your arguments the coupe would have been alot more up your alley for handling, sportiness, and 1/4 mile times.

SILVER, READ THIS, I actually like the look of the G35 coupe and would consider buying it if a 2-door fit my needs. You are so blinded by your decision and the need to validate it, you read right over when someone says they like the G35! I like the coupe. I do not care for the look of the sedan, that is why I am on the TL sight. I bought a TL and I'm here trying to gain more info about my car. YOU ARE HERE TO ARGUE INCESSANTLY WITH NO BASIS OR LOGIC INVOLVED.

By the way, and I'm not here to make friends.

Finally, I will NEVER agree that Infiniti/Nissan has the reputation or track record for quality that Acura/Honda do, NEVER. There is absolutely nothing you can say that will make me believe different. Now that your blinded by your foolish will to validate your buying decision, I will tell you this, my wife and I are awaiting the release of the new Infiniti SUV that is based on the Nissan Armada platform. If we do decide to buy that when it comes out, we will do so with the understanding of Infinity's short comings.

AND I GUARANTEE I WON'T BE ON THE SEQUOIA SIGHT TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE HOW GREAT MY INFINITI SUV IS.

PATHETIC, JUST PATHETIC.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Banned

Re: More thoughts on Silver

Dude,

I think if anyone reads betweent the lines they can see you are having some serious buyer's remorse. I think you chintz out at the last minute for a few thousand bucks and jumped the gun because you couldn't wait for the TL. My six-year-old exhibits this behaviour as well. She can never save her allowance for the big Bratz doll she wants because she keeps jumping the gun and blowing it on stupid little toys that cost less than five dollars... Just a thought.
I have no BUYERS REMORSE. YOU AND THE OTHER GUY ARE JUST CAUSING **** ON THIS SITE NAD NEED TO GROW UP! Why would I have to prove **** to you. The G35 has all the awards, the TL does not! So that is all that counts! Enjoy!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Banned

Re: More thoughts on Silver

Dude,

Again your in here. Grow up! Dark you and the other hard drive guy do the same! You are the only 3, and there is a reason for that. Gang up, and act like children. You are the ones justifing your purchase, I don't see anyone else having too.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:49 AM
Racer

Are you guys still here?

Stop the :argue: and have a . It's not about "mine is better than your". It's about sharing your love for your car and passing it along to others who feels the same way. Not about bashing others. Let's get over it and get off of this thread so it will go away.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Racer

I can't believe this thread has more posts than what I've accumulated by my self. And most of it is just stupid bickering. Let's show some maturity - I'm pretty sure that most of you are over your teens.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Racer

Oh and look at the pages and pages of complaints about the TL. But then hardly anything except maybe the seats for the G35. WOW! I must have made a bad decision.
Have you forgotten the cheap interior? Wait, I almost fogot that Infiniti took care of this when they added cupholders... my bad!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Racer

Re: Re: More thoughts on Silver

I have no BUYERS REMORSE. YOU AND THE OTHER GUY ARE JUST CAUSING **** ON THIS SITE NAD NEED TO GROW UP! Why would I have to prove **** to you. The G35 has all the awards, the TL does not! So that is all that counts! Enjoy!
YEAH KEEP ON TELLING YOURSELF ABOUT THAT......THREE TIMES A DAY AIIGHT DUDE ?

G35C > G35S ~~~~ THE TRUTH

G35S AND TL ~~~~ I WILL SAY MINE AND YOU SAY YOURS

THE END.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro

This 'TL vs G35' debate is as bad as the 'Maxima vs TL-S' debates of yesteryear. And it'll probably end in a stalemate as well.

I find few faults with both cars:

The TL could have more lowend pull and probably should be RWD but, doesnt seem to suffer too much @ being FWD. NOTE: I only drove the auto TL.

Likewise, the G35S/X needs to get rid of that upscale Altima-interior feel and get hood jacks (sorry...had to throw that in there..dammit! $35G and NO HOOD JACKS!! my 2002 Maxima has them sorry).

That aside, both the TL and G35 represent trump cards for Acura and Infiniti, respectfully.

$.02
Old 02-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Racer

Originally posted by VQ35DE
This 'TL vs G35' debate is as bad as the 'Maxima vs TL-S' debates of yesteryear. And it'll probably end in a stalemate as well.

The TL could have more lowend pull and probably should be RWD but, doesnt seem to suffer too much @ being FWD. NOTE: I only drove the auto TL.

Likewise, the G35S/X needs to get rid of that upscale Altima-interior feel and get hood jacks (sorry...had to throw that in there..dammit! $35G and NO HOOD JACKS!! my 2002 Maxima has them sorry).

That aside, both the TL and G35 represent trump cards for Acura and Infiniti, respectfully.

$.02
couple things like to mention, AREN'T WE GLAD WE ARE FIGHTING ABOUT NEW CARS??? we should be less spoiled and more gracious of the opportunity to own such vehicles.

about them maximas...........do you like those new moon roof?? i really liked their exhust......and the rear........i don't know how practical that new sun/moon roof is.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Racer

ill keep my comments to myself on this one....

All i will say is...

I've owned a G35c, it was a great vehicle, but the interior was small, the orange lighting i wasnt feeling, and the navi was useless. I never liked te G35 sedan, so i never looked at it, but i had it for several days when i had my coupe in the shop, and i was impressed. Some people like it, some people dont, i guess it depends on the person...
Old 02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Banned

lol
Old 02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Banned

Cup Holders have been in that car since its been out.

Nothing cheap about the car or interior. It's well built, NO FLAWS unlike the TL.

Oh yea, if it was so bad, must be a reason the G35 has the highest resale value of any CAR! And the TL isn't even on the list anymore for the top 10 from ADR which will be annouced shortly. They are the ones who make the residual value and trade ins.....

Here is a article that proves my point.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/2004-02-24-residual.htm
Old 02-25-2004, 06:50 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

$.02
Yep I said the same thing about 50 post back!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Monte TLS,MAX
Yep I said the same thing about 50 post back!

There is obviously a reason why the car has no hood jacks. Maybe the design didn't permit it or something.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Pro

Originally posted by TL_6SPD
There is obviously a reason why the car has no hood jacks. Maybe the design didn't permit it or something.
No. It's just Nissan cutting corners again.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Racer

Cup Holders have been in that car since its been out.

Nothing cheap about the car or interior. It's well built, NO FLAWS unlike the TL.

Oh yea, if it was so bad, must be a reason the G35 has the highest resale value of any CAR! And the TL isn't even on the list anymore for the top 10 from ADR which will be annouced shortly. They are the ones who make the residual value and trade ins.....

Here is a article that proves my point.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/2004-02-24-residual.htm
Your link surveys a 3 year history, where the Gen2 TL falls in the 3 star category. That's all fine and good, but this is first year of a new production cycle for a significantly upraded and improved vehicle. I'd be more interested in how the Gen3 model rates in 2-3 years.

What I don't understand is why you can't simply be satisfied with such a nice ride as your G35. Why must you come and debunk the TL every chance you get? You tested both, you liked the G better, you made your choice. Nice car. Why all the hostility?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Racer

dosn't 350 have hood jacks?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

No. It's just Nissan cutting corners again.
If they were cutting corners, then how come they have them on the trunk instead of the cheap springs? lol
Old 02-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by UminChu
Your link surveys a 3 year history, where the Gen2 TL falls in the 3 star category. That's all fine and good, but this is first year of a new production cycle for a significantly upraded and improved vehicle. I'd be more interested in how the Gen3 model rates in 2-3 years.

What I don't understand is why you can't simply be satisfied with such a nice ride as your G35. Why must you come and debunk the TL every chance you get? You tested both, you liked the G better, you made your choice. Nice car. Why all the hostility?
Yea and the G has only been out for a 2003 model year. So it hasn't been out that long either!

I am perfectly satisfied, but when people post bs on here that isn't true, I have to make sure I correct it. I am not debunking the TL, the other guys are the ones going against the G35. Read through the whole thing and you will see instead of assuming.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Racer

Yea and the G has only been out for a 2003 model year. So it hasn't been out that long either!

I am perfectly satisfied, but when people post bs on here that isn't true, I have to make sure I correct it. I am not debunking the TL, the other guys are the ones going against the G35. Read through the whole thing and you will see instead of assuming.
I believe I've been through the entire thread, I'm just sending you some non-hostile feedback. Scan back through your own posts; you rarely, if ever, give so much as an inch. They're just cars, and they're both terrific cars. The list of attributes is far longer than the list of deficiencies for either model, and people will always have conflicting opinions anyway. I don't feel that anyone who disagrees with me is necessarily posting bs. Neither do I consider it incumbent upon myself to raise the red flag, jump up and down and make a lot of noise any time I suspect that might be the case. They're just opinions, right?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Racer

I believe I've been through the entire thread, I'm just sending you some non-hostile feedback. Scan back through your own posts; you rarely, if ever, give so much as an inch. They're just cars, and they're both terrific cars. The list of attributes is far longer than the list of deficiencies for either model, and people will always have conflicting opinions anyway. I don't feel that anyone who disagrees with me is necessarily posting bs. Neither do I consider it incumbent upon myself to raise the red flag, jump up and down and make a lot of noise any time I suspect that might be the case. They're just opinions, right?
You are one of the best writer in here, I have the most respect for you!

Concerning opinions, people tend to get carried away. Silver's behavior is an excellent example. I wish he would do that at his own forum though.........
Old 02-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Racer

You are one of the best writer in here, I have the most respect for you!

Concerning opinions, people tend to get carried away. Silver's behavior is an excellent example. I wish he would do that at his own forum though.........
Thank you very much. I don't have a problem with him posting here, it's a public forum and a free internet. By nature, this forum will be biased toward Acura's; one might as well be aware of and accept the likelihood of that. I lurk through a few other forums but rarely post; it's no surprise to me when they are biased as well, sometimes to the point of misinterpreting this or that to support their preferred cars. No big deal, they're as excited about their cars as I am about mine. I get a kick out of it, really. Life's too short ...
Old 02-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Racer

Thank you very much. I don't have a problem with him posting here, it's a public forum and a free internet. By nature, this forum will be biased toward Acura's; one might as well be aware of and accept the likelyhood of that. I lurk through a few other forums but rarely post; it's no surprise to me when they are biased as well, sometimes to the point of misinterpreting this or that to support their preferred cars. No big deal, they're as excited about their cars as I am about mine. I get a kick out of it, really. Life's too short ...
TRUE, I drove 95 nissan sentra before the TL.......I still think the nissan sentra was a better buy than the corrolla......and i am totally biased.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Silver,

How have you become the self-proclaimed defender of all things G35?

For the record, I think the G35 vs. TL debate is pointless as well. That's why I keep asking why TL6Spd and Silver spend so much time here. I bought the TL and that is why I am here. I don't like the G35 sedan, that is why I am not on that site, whatever it is. I like the G35 coupe, but that does not fit my needs.

Silver and TL6spd, go home young men and take your place on the G35 site. You can be proud of your efforts and we believe in you and your decision. Your car is right for you. You fought hard and proud, but in the end, we all still feel the same about our TL's. We accept their shortcomings and feel proud of their advantages.

Yeah, yeah, I forgot, you are the lord of posts so I can't tell you about being on this site...

Finally, you still didn't answer my question. Did ya read harddrivin's links regarding hp and torque?? Did you understand it?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Again your in here. Grow up! Dark you and the other hard drive guy do the same! You are the only 3, and there is a reason for that. Gang up, and act like children. You are the ones justifing your purchase, I don't see anyone else having too.
Hey did you forget where you are at??? This is Acura-TL.com.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Banned

Don't bring me into this jackass.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

TL6sp,

How quickly you forget. Go back and read your response, or maybe reading isn't your strong suit as well. Anyways, pretty typical you would resort to name calling. Goes along with your small man's posting style.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: More thoughts on Silver

TL6sp,

How quickly you forget. Go back and read your response, or maybe reading isn't your strong suit as well. Anyways, pretty typical you would resort to name calling. Goes along with your small man's posting style.
I just don't go down to your level of existance. Sorry to say, but I bet I am old enough to be your dad or maybe even GrandPa.

Grow up and quit acting like a child! Your doing it all over this forum.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

I'm almost guessing TL6spud and SliverBS might be the same guy. And if you are old enough to be my grandpa, your writing style sure doesn't reflect that. Do you have a learning disability????
Old 02-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro

I can't believe I havent unsubscribed to this thread yet. It has been aggravating me just to see that people can act like such idiots. All of you should go and re-read your posts. You are all pathetic.

It's one thing to argue, but it seems when someone lacks a valid point to make, they resort to name calling or flaming in some way. I've seen monkeys behave more civilized at the zoo while eating their own excrements.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 rulz

Quick Reply: Ride in G35