Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rewire Accord fogs and Oem 04-06 Headlight Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Rewire Accord fogs and Oem 04-06 Headlight Fogs

Ok, So I know there is a way to do this with 2 separate switches.. And I know that there are numerous threads about this, but I wanted to see if there has been anyone successful in doing this..

I want my accord fog lights to get power with my parking lights and to be able to be controlled by the oem stalk. This I am not sure is possible? Or at least I did not see anyone who was able to do this yet?

Then I want my OEM headlight fogs controlled by the Accord switch when there is power to the car. I assume just wiring in to the windsheild washer wire and putting the switch inbetween would be able to accomplish this.

I want to be able to do this using the OEM stalk for the Accord Fogs:

btw this serves no real purpose except for photo shoots and to look cool haha
Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard...

I did not do this mod exactly like you want to do but it was similar. My OEM stalk powers up both my stock fogs and my Accord fogs at the same time. I achieved this by taking the stock fog connector off of the wires and soldering the Accord fog wires in the back of the spade connectors. I then slipped some heat shrink over the two wires and the soldered connection. I was able to then slip the wires back into the connector and reconnect to the factory fogs.

For your mod I think you should be able to simply unplug the factory fogs, remove the connectors from the wires, splice the factory wiring to the Accord fog harness and you will then have the aftermarket fogs operating with the OEM stalk.

I would then take the the Accord harness and switch, locate the switch in the cabin and connect the power wire to the stud in the relay box, Add the correct spade connectors to the Accord harness, and then use the connectors that you previously removed to attach to the factory Fogs.

You may have to add some length to the Accord harness or make your own but that shouldn't be much of a problem. This is just off the top of my head though. Let us know if you try it and how you go about it. It might be something I try in the future...but I will let you guinea pig it.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BongAcura
I did not do this mod exactly like you want to do but it was similar. My OEM stalk powers up both my stock fogs and my Accord fogs at the same time. I achieved this by taking the stock fog connector off of the wires and soldering the Accord fog wires in the back of the spade connectors. I then slipped some heat shrink over the two wires and the soldered connection. I was able to then slip the wires back into the connector and reconnect to the factory fogs.

For your mod I think you should be able to simply unplug the factory fogs, remove the connectors from the wires, splice the factory wiring to the Accord fog harness and you will then have the aftermarket fogs operating with the OEM stalk.

I would then take the the Accord harness and switch, locate the switch in the cabin and connect the power wire to the stud in the relay box, Add the correct spade connectors to the Accord harness, and then use the connectors that you previously removed to attach to the factory Fogs.

You may have to add some length to the Accord harness or make your own but that shouldn't be much of a problem. This is just off the top of my head though. Let us know if you try it and how you go about it. It might be something I try in the future...but I will let you guinea pig it.
I actually currently have my Accord fogs wired like this. I want them to come on with the parking lights tho.. using the oem stalk.. thats the hard part..

the Oem headlight fogs I think I can figure out pretty easily, just like you said to do it..
Old 05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah that might be tougher...

Ok I can think of two ways...one you would always have fogs with parking and the other you could select fogs with parking.

The first would be to use the Parking lights as the signal wire to the OEM fog Relay. You would just remove the current signal (which is coming from the OEM fog switch) and replace it with a tag wire from the Parking light relay signal wire. This way whenever the parking lights were on the fogs would come on also.

In order to get fogs with parking lights and retain the option to just have parking you could add in a second relay. This new relay would also get signal from the parking lights but it would receive its power from the power side of the OEM Fog relay. You would then connect the rest of the fog harness to the new relay. So when parking lights are on there is signal to the new relay but the fogs will not come on until the new relay receives its power from the OEM relay.

Maybe there is an easier way but that just popped into my head plus it keeps you from having to cut alot of stuff out and makes for an easy return to stock.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

perfect picture to use for this explanation since maddsiick and i did this to his TL. Only things is we have it wired to two independent switches. doing it the way you want to do it bzyrice gets really involved and at the end might be to much trouble to even bother with.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bzyrice
Ok, So I know there is a way to do this with 2 separate switches.. And I know that there are numerous threads about this, but I wanted to see if there has been anyone successful in doing this..

I want my accord fog lights to get power with my parking lights and to be able to be controlled by the oem stalk. This I am not sure is possible? Or at least I did not see anyone who was able to do this yet?

Then I want my OEM headlight fogs controlled by the Accord switch when there is power to the car. I assume just wiring in to the windsheild washer wire and putting the switch inbetween would be able to accomplish this.

I want to be able to do this using the OEM stalk for the Accord Fogs:

btw this serves no real purpose except for photo shoots and to look cool haha
HMMM THIS looks ODDLY FAMILIAR...I think this car is in my driveway LOL. yeah getting involved with the OEM Stock means you would have to go through the computer which idont think anyone here on acurazine has been able to do yet on thier own. apparently Tripnbeats knows someone in the bronx, ny that can do it, im not sure i cant remember if that is what i read on the thread but the best way to do this is the way me and Xplicit did with two seperate switches that way you have three options for lighting schemes for photo shoots such as:

1: sidemarker, accord fog
2: sidemarker, stock fog
3: sidemarker, accord fog, stock fog

if the reason for not wanting two switches is to give the dash a more clean OEM look then hid the switches under the dash for the stock fogs or the accord fogs and use the accord switch for the other set of lights.

Another option would be to wire the accord fogs and the stock fogs to two seperate relays, then activate both relays with one accord switch on the dash. PM me if you have any questions, theres many ways to do this to keep the OEM look on your dash. This last way is probably the best for you.