Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Returning lease - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning lease - Need help

I'll be returning my leased 05' TL in about a few months but I have one concern regarding a certain event in which my car got keyed. My car was keyed from the start of the passenger door all the way back to the rear passenger door (very large) . I had the car repainted of course, just wondering though, will the dealer come out with one of those paint gauges and charge me for have the doors repainted?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, there's no reason he'll ever know the car was painted unless it's a bad match. Those guys are gonna give it a quick once-over and if there are no dents, scratches, or rust anywhere it'll pass the exterior inspection with flying colors. They understand that the car is 2 years old and may have a few tiny nicks in the front bumper or hood, and that's forgiven usually as 'normal wear and tear'. So assuming the match is pretty close, I'd say you have nothing to worry about at all.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
REDBULL///AMG

Originally Posted by ChicagoBurbs
IMO, there's no reason he'll ever know the car was painted unless it's a bad match. Those guys are gonna give it a quick once-over and if there are no dents, scratches, or rust anywhere it'll pass the exterior inspection with flying colors. They understand that the car is 2 years old and may have a few tiny nicks in the front bumper or hood, and that's forgiven usually as 'normal wear and tear'. So assuming the match is pretty close, I'd say you have nothing to worry about at all.
i agree, my brother turned in his 5 series..had afront end collision, they never asked. as a matter a fact the car was over heating too n leakin anti-freez when we got there
Old 11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
The dealer doesn't have anything to do with it. You will schedule Acura to come do the lease turn in inspection, they come to you either at work or at home. That fact that it has been reainted isn't an issue, had you not repainted it you may have had a problem.

AHFC leases come with $1500 of coverage for incidentals. This does not cover $1500 in body damage, it's more likecoverage for 15 $100 dings/scratches/chips.

Anyway, Acura does the inspection, you just drop it off at the dealer and sign the odometer disclosure statement and your done.

From my experience, broken windshields and completely bald tires are what people end up getting charged for.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
10th Gear

Red face

thanks all, I was getting paranoid from reading some other peoples experience. Maybe I read wrong.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

i was in a similar situation. the dealer didn't care. btw this was in toronto at formula honda. had a huge scratch from the gas tank to the back light. it was all cool.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
The dealer doesn't have anything to do with it. You will schedule Acura to come do the lease turn in inspection, they come to you either at work or at home. That fact that it has been reainted isn't an issue, had you not repainted it you may have had a problem.

AHFC leases come with $1500 of coverage for incidentals. This does not cover $1500 in body damage, it's more likecoverage for 15 $100 dings/scratches/chips.

Anyway, Acura does the inspection, you just drop it off at the dealer and sign the odometer disclosure statement and your done.

From my experience, broken windshields and completely bald tires are what people end up getting charged for.

Here's my description from a previous post:

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Crissy, Acura began to send me lease end "how to" mail ~ 6 months before the lease was up. With about 2 months to go I got a call from the Inspection Service that Acura outsources this to. The dealership had NOTHING to do with the process.

Ours was an '02 TL-S that we leased for 39 months, then extended twice for 12 months each (5 yrs, 3 mo total).

They set up an appointment and came to me. The guy had a Palm type device with a pretty comprehensive check list. The material Acura sent said to have my service records available, but he never asked for them.

He did a comprehensive visual inspection, took pictures of everything and used the "dent and scratch" template to evaluate various dings, etc.

He ran the engine, checked the mileage, checked tire tread, checked all lights, radio, etc. Just making sure everything worked. He did not drive the car.

Our car was well used but in good condition - no torn seats, dirty but untorn carpeting, 1 or 2 small dings/dents, a few paint chips on the front bumper, 1 fairly large scuff on the front bumper and 1 dent in the deck lid about an inch long but down to the metal.

That last dent was the only one that counted as more than "wear and tear" and the estimated repair cost was well under the $1500 allowance.

I got an instant printed report. IIRC, the report said the MOST I would have to pay was $270 for excessive wear and tear. Whole thing took ~45 minutes to an hour.

A couple weeks later I got a formal report from Acura and my amount due for damage was $0.00.

At this point we had not committed to dispostion of the car and Acura had no idea if we would buy it out or turn it in. The dealership was not involved AT ALL.

2 days before the lease expired, we decided to buy the car at the residual value. I went to the dealership, did the paperwork and that was that.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
It all depends on the bank you leased your car from. Honda Financial is cool, but if you leased it thrugh HON then good luck. I dont know any other banks. HON has no lee way on wear and tear and hence by leasing through them you may get better lease prices but they stick it to you at the end.

Look at your bank.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

So I am in the same boat. Had acura come to my house and do inspection. The things that were picked up was a rock chip in windshield that happened 2 days ago....very frustrating.

he told me that I would need to have it replace so I had it repaired and it looks as good as new and also there were a couple of marks on my 2 driver's side rims and he said that would have to be looked at. I have a scrape on my door that wasn't even noticed.. So my question is the 1500 incidentals on top of my lease, will that cover it?

its a 2008 Acura TL Type S - 4 year lease

Appreciate your help in advance,
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

I know this is an old post but I would really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you,
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Yes, $1500 is for wear and tear on the car. So as long as the damage to the rims or other scratches don't come out to more than $1500 allowance you are ok. The inspector should indicate what needs to be done before returning the car and if your damages exceed the wear and tear allowance.