Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Fog Bulbs with PIAA Xtreme White Plus

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by supdawg
I know this is a stupid question, but nonetheless I must ask. TL's uses regular halogen headlamps as their fog lights? I assume so, but I must ask.

I can recommend a great set of bulbs. Eurolite Fusion. They have the same glow as the Acura's HID. Not as bright, but much closer to the color temperature of HIDs.

I bought mine online for 30$. I am very pleased with the light output and color temp of these lights.
I found Eurolite's at Circuit City as well.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by mspence3
I found them at Circuit City as well.
Circuit City had Eurolite brand, but at my local store they did not carry the Fusion series. Just the Plasma series.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by supdawg
Circuit City had Eurolite brand, but at my local store they did not carry the Fusion series. Just the Plasma series.
You must be right. I don't remember the specific series.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Jcolbert
I know this have been talked about in other threads so please forgive me.

I just replace my fog bulbs with PIAA Xtreme White Plus, 9006 bulbs. What a difference!! They are a much whiter bulb than the factory ones. If you are looking to replace your fog bulbs I would highly recommended the PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs.

Sorry for the repeat thread....
How are the PIAA? Did you have to replace them or they still last? I am looking to get a set for myself and I was just wondering if they are a good investment? thanks for any updates.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by mlody
How are the PIAA? Did you have to replace them or they still last? I am looking to get a set for myself and I was just wondering if they are a good investment? thanks for any updates.

Im using Sylvania Silverstars and they are pretty good (white color) at nearly half the PIAAs cost. Ill post pics as soon as I can.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by evomacky
Im using Sylvania Silverstars and they are pretty good (white color) at nearly half the PIAAs cost. Ill post pics as soon as I can.
The Silverstars are my other choise, but I have heard that Sylbania Silverstars do not last very long, actually some people have gone through serveral sets in just one year. If that is the case, I am better off paying $20-30 more for something that will last at least a year or so.

For how long have you had them running?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
The Silverstars are my other choise, but I have heard that Sylbania Silverstars do not last very long, actually some people have gone through serveral sets in just one year. If that is the case, I am better off paying $20-30 more for something that will last at least a year or so.

I"ve tried a bunch of different super-white bulbs, and none of them matched the HID's colors perfectly. They always looked slightly off. In the end, I took out the superwhites, and installed Nokya Hyper-yellow bulbs, and love them much better. Looks cooler too IMHO. And FWIW, I've stopped getting flashed after I installed them. (There is a dip near my house, that I used to always get flash at)

And on a side note.... Holy bring back a thread from the dead batman
Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Advanced

I had silverstars in my accord and they lasted less than a year for both. they're pretty white but i wouldn't get them again because the lifespan is so short.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I have Philips Premiums in my fogs. I've used these lamps in three other cars and have always been quite pleased with them.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts

the ones im using (9006) were carryovers from my Evo MR that used the JDM headlights. Ive had those on the MR for about a year and a half, so when i traded the Evo in for the TL and found that the TL used the same fog bulbs, I transplanted them over.

Ive now had them on the TL for about one month and 3 days. include the time it was on the MR and it has been used almost daily for about a year, seven months and 3 days
Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a completely different experience with these bulbs. I used to purchase PIAAs but they kept burning out in my Xterra so I switched to Sylvania's Silverstars and have not had an issue with them. They've lasted a long time. The PIAAs even burned out on my fog lights which are such a pain to replace on the Xterra.

I'm willing to give PIAA another shot since it's the TL this time around. But if they burn out within three months I'm going back to Sylvania.