Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to kill someone

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ready to kill someone

so im at a party last night. its at my boys house and my car is sitting in his garage away from everyone else's car - i was the first one there so i just pulled in and shut the door. i come out and there is spilled soda on the center counsel, and my car smells like reefer. some a-hole(s) were in my car without my permission spill sh*t and smoking....

any suggestions with the stickiness? whenever i shift it it sticks - im hoping that with time it will wear away but is there a spray or something that i can spray in there to keep it from sticking anymore?

any suggestions on getting the reefer smell out? normally windows rolled down on the freeway will get rid of it - not that i smoke in my car, but im not stupid either...

besides the fact that they were hotboxing in it and now its in the ceiling. febreeze and leather cleaner maybe to replace the smell? idk im so pissed.

please no "you shouldnt be hanging out with people like that/parties" speeches. I was at my boys house for his bday and it was his friends. i just need to get rid of this shit in my car. im due for B service very soon and the boys at my dealership know me by name - dont want them coming to some stupid conclusions lol.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can try bringing it to a professional detailer, and getting them to simionze it... I am not too knowledgeable on reefer in cars so my advice is limited.. maybe try like air wick it something or just let it sit outside for the day with the windows open.

As for the soda try the leather cleaner and then just soap and water if it got on plastic parts..
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yo man, you shouldn't be hanging out with mofos like that!

Someone else may know it offhand, but there is a thread or two about coke in your gears/console and how to get it out. It was definitely an ordeal bro! I have to go to work, but I got your back when I get home. I'll look for it for ya...

Oh damn...two games on tonight...damn bro...I'll look for it tomorrow pimp!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

lol thanks guys. in the meantime when i get outta work ill try a damp paper towel i should be able to get the smell out - just need to run to target or autozone and get some potent stuff. it could smell like bleach for all i care (for the time being) just as long as the bud smell is out. i dont need that trouble lol
Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 AM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You made no mention of keys or if the car was not locked.

If you had a 6MT and the car was unlocked it might not have stayed in the garage.

Hope your next party ends better!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by clsdave
You made no mention of keys or if the car was not locked.

If you had a 6MT and the car was unlocked it might not have stayed in the garage.

Hope your next party ends better!
i hear ya! nah - i didnt have the keys in there. i left my doors open for my boy to get in it when he needed to. my guess is someone thought it was his car - but who can get that mixed up? idk im just fuming. theres really no way for me to know who it was either. it was like a 40/50 person turnout - coulda been anyone

live and learn i guess i just hate how people dont have respect for others people's property. oh well, what can ya do?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dayum kid def get urself some febreze to cover the odor up... as for the stuff in the center console... def gonna have to take it apart and clean it one by one wherever the stuff they spilled is at... you sure it was soda and not somethin else ? I KID I KID
Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Travel & Food Enthusiast

I've heard/read of these remedies to get rid of funk:

Vinegar - leave a dish/open bowl of white vinegar (on the console or something) overnight, all windows and circulation closed. Vinegar is a natural odor neutralizer. Your car will reek of vinegar for a while and it may give you a headache, but at least you can air out that smell. Works in microwaves too.

Un-ground coffee beans - leave a handful in an open bowl overnight, all windows and circulation closed. Actually, I'm not sure if the beans actually "neutralize" odor... but it definitely resets your sense-of-smell's memory to the stench. The nice lady at Nordstrom's taught me this a while ago while we were perfume shopping... they have a dish of coffee beans ready for customers to take a whiff between scents, so you can get a fresh experience (going from perfume to perfume would be sensory overload).

Good luck with everything... I'd be just as pissed to have that happen to me... just complete disrespect. Those guys won't get far in life with that lack of consideration for others. Find out who they are and piss in their air intake.

-Henry
Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the smell, use Febreeze. Plan on spraying it during a time when you can leave the car outside, unused, with the windows down for 2 dry and warm days. Use a lot of it. With the windows down, it will dry and air out.

I purchased my Subaru from a smoker. I could not stand the smell, but it was such a good deal and was exactly what I was looking for. If I'd swipe my finger along the dash, or anywhere in the car, my finger would be covered in soot. I wiped down all hard surfaces multiple times till the cloth did not pick up any dirt/soot. I then sprayed down everything with Febreeze and left it windows down for 2 days. The smell was 100% gone. Not even a hint of cigarette smell.

Remember, you have to spray a schnizzle-load of it. Make it so it is more than damp. Works brilliantly though.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by HJChen42

Vinegar - leave a dish/open bowl of white vinegar (on the console or something) overnight, all windows and circulation closed. Vinegar is a natural odor neutralizer. Your car will reek of vinegar for a while and it may give you a headache, but at least you can air out that smell. Works in microwaves too.

Un-ground coffee beans - leave a handful in an open bowl overnight, all windows and circulation closed. Actually, I'm not sure if the beans actually "neutralize" odor... but it definitely resets your sense-of-smell's memory to the stench. The nice lady at Nordstrom's taught me this a while ago while we were perfume shopping... they have a dish of coffee beans ready for customers to take a whiff between scents, so you can get a fresh experience (going from perfume to perfume would be sensory overload).

Good luck with everything... I'd be just as pissed to have that happen to me... just complete disrespect. Those guys won't get far in life with that lack of consideration for others. Find out who they are and piss in their air intake.

-Henry
Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll definitiley have to think about that vinegar thing! lol - it is winter break and the females are back in town from school AHAHAHAHAH but anyway yeah, ill have to try that - maybe the coffee beans? then when thats done just detail it myself with some leather cleaner? i picked up some pretty good stuff from Acura - its what they use on the showroom floor - they hooked me up with it - so ill try that... that will work. i really hope i dont have to tear everything apart i dont want to have to do that to clean out the soda lol

your last piece of advice cracked me up LOL thanks!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by MRP Pete
For the smell, use Febreeze. Plan on spraying it during a time when you can leave the car outside, unused, with the windows down for 2 dry and warm days. Use a lot of it. With the windows down, it will dry and air out.

I purchased my Subaru from a smoker. I could not stand the smell, but it was such a good deal and was exactly what I was looking for. If I'd swipe my finger along the dash, or anywhere in the car, my finger would be covered in soot. I wiped down all hard surfaces multiple times till the cloth did not pick up any dirt/soot. I then sprayed down everything with Febreeze and left it windows down for 2 days. The smell was 100% gone. Not even a hint of cigarette smell.

Remember, you have to spray a schnizzle-load of it. Make it so it is more than damp. Works brilliantly though.
what if i POURED some on the foot carpets? the ones that come out - like doused them - that might do the trick too ... im just worried about the ceiling cloth - ill have to douse that with febreeze too i think
Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
This is simple fix:
For the spilled into shifter: use CRC electrical contact cleaner and spray liberally or remove center console and spray with intent on microswitches~

For smoke smell, OZIUM spray, 3-4$ parts stores- most stores- they have flavors like citrus too. Its a hospital sanitizer and kills all germs and smells right now!!!
The seats just hit with your leather care product

If smell remains- a few cotten balls in a open ziplock bag- soaked with something like aftereshave- perfume- coconut oil- lavender etc placed on floor.
The heat will release the good smells from that stuff on an ongoing basis.

Ozium will destroy- not just mask- the remaining odor, and the techs won't be scrounging your car for a roach~
When I was a service writer and would say- we washed and vacced your car.... and the ashtry- their eyes would get BIG,
then I would add, we left your goodies in the ashtray lol
Old 01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
what if i POURED some on the foot carpets? the ones that come out - like doused them - that might do the trick too ... im just worried about the ceiling cloth - ill have to douse that with febreeze too i think
No need to "pour" it on. Just use the spray thingy and spray spray spray spray spray. Buy the spray bottle of Febreeze (like the size of a Windex bottle), then buy one of those quart sized refill bottles. Don't marinade the car, but spray it till it is a little more than damp. The spray bottle lets you shoot in all angles, and having the refill bottle helps keep the spray bottle full so you can spray at all angles (difficult to do if the bottle is close to empty).
Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't know if it was mentioned - but you may also want to change your cabin air filter, febreeze the carpet (Don't forget under the seats); my center console had coffee spilled it in by the prev. owner so I took it all apart and cleaned it up..
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
This is simple fix:
For the spilled into shifter: use CRC electrical contact cleaner and spray liberally or remove center console and spray with intent on microswitches~

For smoke smell, OZIUM spray, 3-4$ parts stores- most stores- they have flavors like citrus too. Its a hospital sanitizer and kills all germs and smells right now!!!
The seats just hit with your leather care product

If smell remains- a few cotten balls in a open ziplock bag- soaked with something like aftereshave- perfume- coconut oil- lavender etc placed on floor.
The heat will release the good smells from that stuff on an ongoing basis.

Ozium will destroy- not just mask- the remaining odor, and the techs won't be scrounging your car for a roach~
When I was a service writer and would say- we washed and vacced your car.... and the ashtry- their eyes would get BIG,
then I would add, we left your goodies in the ashtray lol
WOW lol that's awesome! thank's so much! Ill go get some right after work! thats funny about you leavin the goodies ahhahaha
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by Timmahh
Don't know if it was mentioned - but you may also want to change your cabin air filter, febreeze the carpet (Don't forget under the seats); my center console had coffee spilled it in by the prev. owner so I took it all apart and cleaned it up..
ahh didnt even think about that! ill have to go to the garage threads and check out the DIY for that. im such a newb lol
Old 01-05-2008, 11:58 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl

Ozium will destroy- not just mask- the remaining odor, and the techs won't be scrounging your car for a roach
x2

my brother used Ozium in our condo and that stuff will get rid of any smell for good instantly...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
X3 for ozium. i dont smoke, but my dog used to smell like ish all the time and that stuff works
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

damn i love you guys. thanks for all your help! ill get some from wal mart after work today - autozone site didnt have it and walmart is a closer drive.

i really appreciate it guys!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I know they are hell expensive, but my wife is a realtor and this http://www.alpineairproducts.com/scr...=product&pic=4 is what she uses to get rid of odor from any listing that has been smoked in. They really do work... takes about 2 days for a 2-3k sq foot house. Your car would be an overnight thing. They also make a car unit for those who regularly smoke. As a non smoker (of anything) I can't smell anything after this machine has been running. Try it.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:19 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
so your car was the designated love shack huh? you're crazy for not locking it.

box of fabric softeners under the seats might help
Old 01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
RULE NUMBER 1 : Always lock the doors when your not in the car. Guess you just learned that one.

Has for the sticky, did you try some light stuff first?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
i read somewhere I think on HT about apple vinegar in a small container with the lid off over night to deodorize the car not mask either. leave it on the floor on the pass side uncovered.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OZIUM, spray inside your car, it will eat up any oder, its the stuff they use at hospitals, i use it when i blaze in my college dorm. trust me, spray Ozium for 5-10 seconds and the scent will be gone
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
how about a lock your damn door speech?

kidding, but if you wanted to let your buddy get in when he needed to (why?) just lock the door and give him a spare key or the fob. for the smell just spray a load of febreze and it should go away.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Doesn't matter where your car is, LOCK IT. Sorry to hear about that happening. I think time will clean the smell, just keep all the windows open whenever you can.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by HJChen42

-Henry
Vinegar will definitely do the trick - it will help absorb any lingering smells. You can use some fabreeze to cover it up, I like Oder-X for smell removal (can be found at your local autozone / Murrays / etc).

P.S. I have some friends (one has a 2nd gen TL) and they smoke bud in the car (I don't smoke), I was really surprised she smoked in the car, but she would crack the sunroof while smoking and there was no smell. But, I think you mentioned they had all doors / windows shut...so that probably makes sense why it still smells.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
ya know, from my experience and what i've seen "reefer" smell shouldnt really stick around long, unless these guys were smoking some funnnkkyyy stuff... my lol
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
why not ask your buddy who was at the party and see which one smells like reefer. Which ever one it is, either bash their head in or call the police. This is what I call vandalism and as well possession of an illegal substance.... As for the odor, all I can say is that change the air filter in the cabin and leave your windows open.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
ya know, from my experience and what i've seen "reefer" smell shouldnt really stick around long, unless these guys were smoking some funnnkkyyy stuff... my lol
lol yeah - i can tell it was funky... haha its been a while (im enlisting in the Army) so I've been clean but i can tell it was funnnkkky

PS guys, the ozium worked great!! back in my "smoking" days i wish i woulda known!

Thanks for all your help! now, i just need to get rid of the sticky consel. my buddy used to work at a dealership and he said hes gonna ask his friend (who is still a manager) to get him a can of spray that dosent screw with the electical and gets rid of sticky stuff like soda, juice, etc-- they used it for this purpose, or when the contents in the cup holders fell out etc

thanks so much for all your help!

And yes, I have learned my lesson about the car locking!!! haha i always lock my door, but like i said, i didnt lock it so he could get in and out when need be - and i didnt think just to give him the valet key or something... that woulda been a good idea. but like you all said: ya live and ya learn!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 AM
TL-S BeASt

reefer? LOL ......the smell will come out after of few days .....just put one of those air freshners in ur car and leave the windows cracked for a day or two(of course if you know its not going to rain). I smoke "reefer" in my car all the time and it normally only takes a highway ride home with windows down to get rid of most of the smell.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Intermediate

that sucks dude... i know how it feels to have your car vandalized ......... i just went to NY a couple weeks ago... i have only 2700 miles on it right now .... i street parked my car.,... not even an hour goes by i go back to my car.... someone keyed it.,... i was heated.... but what can i do? crazy NY people ya know? never gonna take my car to NY..... NEVER! but yea i would say just go to a detail shop and have them do a full interior detail... should cost like 80 bucks... not bad...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by keneticmojoe
that sucks dude... i know how it feels to have your car vandalized ......... i just went to NY a couple weeks ago... i have only 2700 miles on it right now .... i street parked my car.,... not even an hour goes by i go back to my car.... someone keyed it.,... i was heated.... but what can i do? crazy NY people ya know? never gonna take my car to NY..... NEVER! but yea i would say just go to a detail shop and have them do a full interior detail... should cost like 80 bucks... not bad...
dang that sucks man, i feel for ya