Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rave: Rosenthal Acura Parts Dept

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rave: Rosenthal Acura Parts Dept

After my unfortunate experience with a condescending service advisor today (see post below) I decided to try my luck with the parts department.

I recently took my front tags off (and I love it! I feel like SUCH a rebel!) so I was looking for some bumper plugs to fill the holes that the dealer left when installed the plate holder when I bought the car. I had done some research and found that Acura of Esconditiotoro whatever sold them for 10 dollars a PIECE but I just couldnt see paying 20 bucks for something that should have been given to me for free!

So, I went to the parts window at Rosenthal Acura and asked Martin if they had any anthracite plugs laying around. He looks up the part and says its 11 dollars a piece but he doesnt have any in stock. He tells me to hang on a second and says he will go check if there are any laying around in the receiving area. Seems as soon as a new TL comes in, they put their personalized plates on it and throw the plugs in the trash!

He comes back and says he could only find two black ones because there havent been too many new TL's coming in recently. He gives me the black ones and says he will call or email me when he comes across some anthracite.

Well, check this service out...not even 4 hours later, I get this email from him:

"Christin,

I was very fortunate to find a new anthracite TL outside today and was given permission to remove the little covers you needed. Please stop in any day between 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Thanks,

Martin Kahl
Parts Department
Assistant Manager"

How AMAZING is that man? He walked around the lot looking for a new anthracite and then used his own personal pen knife to pop out the plugs for me. Im amazed and that and I will be forever grateful for his time and effort. I mean its only 20 bucks (and they are so small and flimsy I would have been pissed to spend 20 bucks on that) but the fact that he went out of his way to do that for me was just awesome.

BIG PROPS FOR ROSENTHAL ACURAS PARTS DEPARTMENT!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
My experience was a little... different.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132004

But it's good to know who to talk to over there @ the parts counter. I have no respect for the parts guy who "assisted" me last time.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

He's the guy in the little desk by the cashier. He has helped me before, just awesome.

and I got them for free!

Ive already written a letter to Acura giving him the praise he deserves.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
ok now do it again and get me a set of whites
Old 04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Originally Posted by leedogg
and silver.

preferrably SSM, but will settle for ASM. :P
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by leedogg
Make that two? I'll pay the freight!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I looked in my glove box as others have suggested and I was able to find mine. You guys should definitely check your glove just to see. Now, if I feel rebel enough to pull off the front license frame...

P.S. No you can't have it.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Damn, do your own leg work!

(I think in this case it does help if you are female!)
Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Bought my plugs for $9 a piece from Acura of Escondido and that's with a discount. I didn't think it was available as a replacement part but it's actually packaged in a plastic sealed bag labelled Honda Genuine parts. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the quote. I thought perhaps he can sell some to me cheap especially if it's thrown away.

I got a set of white ones from ebay for $4.99 but they were discolored and the seller wouldn't replace them or even send me a reply.

Glad you had a good experience with the parts dept. Not too often you get that kind of service.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

xtin... do you happen to know the local (DC MD VA) laws about the front license plates?

also the parts guy at a certain Acura dealer on rt40 in howard county is about the biggest tool one can imagine. rarely any customers come to him so he plays loud computer games on his desktop inbetween planning lunch and frequent trips to the vending machines. When a customer does finally come to him he is usually of no help. Just had to get that out. he tortured me for 2 hours while I was waiting for brake work.

oh yeah that same dealers service dept is superb. efficient and helpful.!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

yes. you will get pulled over for no front plates. I don't think there are points attached but defninitely fine and maybe even fix-it.

putting the plate on the dash will not help. in addition of getting pulled over you will also get a lecture on how that plate can decapitate you in an accident.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by kennyc
yes. you will get pulled over for no front plates. I don't think there are points attached but defninitely fine and maybe even fix-it.

putting the plate on the dash will not help. in addition of getting pulled over you will also get a lecture on how that plate can decapitate you in an accident.
Not since I keep it under the passenger seat

I said I would keep the tags off until I get two tickets. . .Im probably moving to the pacific northwest when I finish med school here and transfer for residency. Anyone know if ID, OR or WA require front tags? hah
Old 04-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Anthracite TL

Got my Anthracite TL 2 weeks ago with the front license plate holder installed, came back the next week end (after removed the ugly looking front license and noticed the two screw holes on the bumper) to pickup trunk tray as the dealer promised me (FREE!!!) and I asked the service manager about the plug. He gave me two new plugs (still in individual bag with acura part number on it. Few days late I found the two original ones that they removed in my glove box. So now I have two sets, but sadly, one of the original has scratch in it. But still pleased with the free gift.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Way Fast Whitey

LOL, when I bought my car, I told my sales person that with out the plugs the deal was off. Needless to say make ready put the plates on the front and he got out there afterward and pulled them off, inserting the plugs back in. I do not understand some of these dealers trying to screw people like that. Congrats on getting the correct plugs. Front plates ruin the look of the car. If you get a ticket it is most likely a fix it ticket. Put the plates back on take a picture and typically it gets dismissed.