Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattles - any real encouragement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I've about given up on the IS350 for my next car (too hard to get one, a little too pricey, too small), so I'm back to looking at TL's. I'll wait to make sure if the '07 has any significant changes, but if not I may go ahead and get an '06.

So my issue is this: I've just read SO MANY posts and complaints here about rattles that I'm frankly spooked. Yeah, I know many of you swear you love your TL in spite of the rattles, but I'm a perfectionist who absolutely can't stand rattles. And if I get one that rattles, I'll hate the car and be really pissed.

And I know that the dealers will fix most or all of them, although it's a royal PITA to have to do that.

I've been really lucky I guess, but I haven't had a rattly car in years, and I don't want to start now. So can anyone give me some hope that a new TL won't become a rattletrap in a few thousand miles? Is it just the "few" with rattles that always complain? I've looked at the posts amd it looks like only about 25% have no rattles.

I know you can't give me any guarantees, but I also figure I'm probably not alone in feeling this way ...

Thoughts?
Stay away from TL.
It does rattle inside.
Open driver /passenger window and close the door. You will hear how cheap and poor this car is assembled.
Engine and breaks are fine.
But it not even close to German quality.
Cabin has rattles, squeaks (all sorts). You will not be able to drive tTL without the music. You will hear how all plastic parts rattle.
Never buy American car.
This was my first and last Acura.
You do not have trust me.
Read web reviews of TL.
All has one think in common: TL has rattles...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Need a little help in the english area there my friend. A bit hard to read your paragraph.

I don't know a car that doesn't rattle with the windows down.

I think you are blowing the rattles out of site. The car isn't that bad like you make it to believe.

Originally Posted by oppnyc
Stay away from TL.
It does rattle inside.
Open driver /passenger window and close the door. You will hear how cheap and poor this car is assembled.
Engine and breaks are fine.
But it not even close to German quality.
Cabin has rattles, squeaks (all sorts). You will not be able to drive tTL without the music. You will hear how all plastic parts rattle.
Never buy American car.
This was my first and last Acura.
You do not have trust me.
Read web reviews of TL.
All has one think in common: TL has rattles...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
I don't know a car that doesn't rattle with the windows down.
BMW 530/330 does not have any window rattle when the windows are down
MB 350/500 does not have any window rattle when the windows are down
Audi A6/A4 does not have any window rattle when the windows are down
Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
I owned a A4 and the window rattled when it was down. So don't try to pull that one. It was a 2003 A4 1.8t Quattro the newer body style as well. And that car had rattles itself.

BMW you expect it not too, its a hell of a lot more expensive of a car.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,727 Likes on 4,231 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
I guess you have to be looking for them. I dont hear mine until I read threads like this.
You don't have to look for them, they're just there. In general the 3G tl is a really nice car, but these itchy little sounds that come at you from random places in the cabin, is enough to make you nuts.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 211 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
You don't have to look for them, they're just there. In general the 3G tl is a really nice car, but these itchy little sounds that come at you from random places in the cabin, is enough to make you nuts.

I just dont pay attention to them. Theres one just next to my ear, that is the only one that caught my attention. Mike, the only encouragement I can give you is dont get the damn car. It already looks like the car is doomed even before you get in it.

All Im saying is that its hit or miss with this kinda shit. One guy will come on here and say I owned this car and it didnt rattle, then the next will say I owned that and it did. Christ, just test drive whatever you want, buy the damn car you like the most and hope for the best.......

Mike, at this point you should know by now that the car has this issue and some others for that matter. I wish you the best of luck with your purchase. If anybody else wants to talk about rattles, go to problems and fixes. Thanks for playing.