Sponsored by:

Radley Acura !! Bad Deal !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radley Acura !! Bad Deal !!!

Here it goes !!

I put a down payment ($1000) at Radley Acura (in Falls Church VA) before finding this forum. I saw a few post about how bad they were but they didn't seem to treat me too bad. Well I was wrong !!! Well here is the story. I was told that they have a 05 Anth/ Quartz 6sp Navi coming in about the middle of Oct (this was second to last week of Sept). So we worked on a price I liked it so I put a $1000 down. Was a easy process seemed to be a good deal. Was told they have the VIN number and I would get call later in the week to let me know it so I can get my insurance ready for the new car. I thought great everything seems smooth. Called the next week and asked for the VIN, my salesman told me the computers were down right now but they were working on them he would call later in the day. Well never got a call from him. I work right near by the dealer so on my way home the next day I stopped in to get the VIN. Well my salesman comes out and says we have a bit of a problem. He goes on to tell me that "Someone" has transferred my car (that had a deposit on it) to a different dealer for a different car and that they wont be able to get a car for a month !!! But he did have a 04 he could sell me for invoice !! I told him that is just wrong.

Well I asked to talk to the sales manger. he told me that this was the first time he had head of it. But he could get me a car (maybe) in 48 hours. I told him that I didn't want a car in 48 hours. I wanted the car that I put a deposit on. Well that is not possible. So I took my money and left

Went to another dealer and got a better deal (plus the car was in stock). Lesson don’t buy from Radley ... Dam crap !!!

-TheBolt
Old 10-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Instructor

This is exactly why we need a simply sticky post of bad dealers. It would save people like yourself (and me) the aggrivation of dealing with shady dealers.

I'm sorry for your bad experience but at least you go the car for a better deal
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to Karen Radley in woodbridge. they are 10x better. The service dept owns all.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Desi Pride

Originally Posted by someone
Go to Karen Radley in woodbridge. they are 10x better. The service dept owns all.
Whatz the point, they are still owned by the same people. I bought from Radley once, will I buy twice from them. I don't think so. I just takes one bad thing to happen to lose the customer's trust and business forever.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Cruisin'

I will not buy from any Radley dealers (GM, Acura, what ever). Trust is a HUGE part of buying something. They have lost it and will not get it back from me at least.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by argoldst
This is exactly why we need a simply sticky post of bad dealers. It would save people like yourself (and me) the aggrivation of dealing with shady dealers.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...404#post977404
Old 10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Acura aficionado

I would be irritated if that happened to me. No excuse for that.

I'm surprised though. I bought my TL from Radley in August. It was a good experience. Got a good price and my salesman was very good. Haven't been there for service yet, but I expect the same good treatment.

I have free oil changes for life. But I may pass on their offer, and do them my self. Then I know I will get 5W-30 put in it.

Unless it is 20 degrees outside!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Advanced

I picked up my 05/6spd/Navi from Radley at the start of the month. It was their first '05 that had come in and I'd had it on order for nearly 3 weeks. Luckily, the car came on time and I didnt have any problems with this dealer.

BTW, who was your salesman? I dealt with Mohammad - he's been there for a long time!

I was very paranoid about not getting my car so I placed deposits are 2 dealerships. One at Radley and the other at Montclair Acura in NJ. The week when my car was supposed to arrive at Montclair, I received a call from my salesman and he mentioned that the order was not even placed for my car. I was pretty upset, but relieved that I atleast had a backup with Radley.

I would not buy from Pohanka Acura. Their sales folks couldnt car less about you!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Advanced

Pohanka Acura isn't much better! So, where do you go in Northern Virginia?
Old 10-14-2004, 07:53 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by speedydoctor
Pohanka Acura isn't much better! So, where do you go in Northern Virginia?
yeah, a friend of mine had a not-so-good experience at Pohanka earlier this week. they treated him poorly, tried to screw him on his trade, wouldn't really deal on an '04, so he walked out.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Cruisin'

I ended up getting it at Pohanka. They gave me a better deal and the car was in stock so I knew they couldn't trade it to someone else We will see if they are any better. If they suck at service then I still have the car just take it some place else. Radley I didn't even have the car !!! and didn't care that they traded it away !!!

-TheBolt

PS ... They tried to sell me one of the 04's they had on the lot too .. not a great price ... moved more on the 05 !!!! (Not that anyone is moving much in NVA)
Old 10-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I got mine at Pohanka and had no problems with the salesperson. Although I have seen in the past that sometimes, they will kind of ignore you (tend to dress pretty casual.. jeans or shorts or such).

With a few places I have bought cars from in the past, I had to actually ask to be helped to buy a car! Hard to imagine, but it's true.

As for service, I have not, nor do I plan, to take my car in for service to any dealer if I can help it. Unless it's warranty work or a recall or TSB, I do as much of my own service as possible. I have a natural aversion to taking my car back to a dealer for anything. I did make an appointment in early September with Pohanka's service department to fix a flatlined outside temperature display, but when the battery went dead because of this and I started the car from a charger then re-charged the battery, the flatlined problem was corrected. So I called Pohanka's service department number to cancel my appointment (while at the beach on vacation, mind you) and they had no record of an appointment with me!

So if you call for an appointment with Pohanka, wait a day or two then call back to confirm it just to be sure its in their system.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Racer

Perhaps we should make them aware of these issues?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Dealer is feeding you a line...

I got my TL through a dealer trade prior to manufacture of the car. My dealer told me that they do the trades in the Honda ordering system but that the dealer the car is consigned to has to agree to the trade before it can happen. So both sides have to agree to the swap for their respective cars.

If your car got dealer traded out from under you it's because Radley agreed to do that trade. So the "someone" is the person who handles the inventory there.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 PM

its really sad that you had such a bad experience. I got my tl at radley and dealt with Lincoln Tucker and got a AWESOME deal...pohanka is the one that was trying to rip me off and make me put a deposit down and wait 3 months...went to radley after the deposit was put down and they said that they could get me that car quicker and three days later there it was.....
Old 10-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Cruisin'

Has anyone bought a TL from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg?

Also, with regards to service, I hear people are not happy with Radley or Pohanka. Anyone hear anything about Rosenthal service as well?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Cruisin'

Check this link out :

http://dealerrater.com

Although I disagree with some of the reviews, maybe posted by the dealers themselves.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Cruisin'

Karen Radley was awesome. They let me pick the price of my 05 TL w/nav. Awesome customer service (so far) !!!!! I've heard that Honda financing has dropped Pohanka because of their crappy deals. Just telling you what I've heard.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by woodster
yeah, a friend of mine had a not-so-good experience at Pohanka earlier this week. they treated him poorly, tried to screw him on his trade, wouldn't really deal on an '04, so he walked out.
I bought my '04 at Pohanka in April. They wouldn't really deal on it as it was the only SSM Auto w/Nav on the lot, and demand was high, the best I could do was $500 off of MSRP. They were willing to go down $1,000 below MSRP if I would have taken a white one instead of the SSM.

I've had it serviced once and had no complaints. Overall I'd recommend them. They don't seem any better or worse than any other dealer I've worked with.

However, living in Northern Virginia you should NEVER trade your car in, sell it at CarMax instead, the price will be much better than what you will get from any dealer.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Instructor

If you know what you want & don't mind driving 2 hours to pick up your car Jones Acura in Lancaster PA is giving great deals. I got an 05 auto with navi for $2,597 off sticker. I got exactly the color combo I wanted with a little over 1 week wait & no hassle on pricing.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 PM
8th Gear

Jones Acura - Lancaster, PA - Great Dealer

I agree with doctor. After being jerked around by the DC area dealers, I went 2 hours north to Jones Acura in Lancaster, PA and got a 2005 TL with Nav for $2,500 below MSRP and NO hassles. They were great. I would recommend them every time over the dealers in the DC area.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by jphoya91
I agree with doctor. After being jerked around by the DC area dealers, I went 2 hours north to Jones Acura in Lancaster, PA and got a 2005 TL with Nav for $2,500 below MSRP and NO hassles. They were great. I would recommend them every time over the dealers in the DC area.
They're sure as hell no better here in Central Virginia. WORSE in fact. Crown Acura of Richmond gave me the WORST quote ($100 of retail) of any of about thirty quotes I got. I too also landed with Pensylvania, although I chose Reading Acura. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bejocund
Has anyone bought a TL from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg?

Also, with regards to service, I hear people are not happy with Radley or Pohanka. Anyone hear anything about Rosenthal service as well?
Rosenthal service dept is ok. But, when they rorated my tires, they scratched my 4 rims more than 25 times-they fixed them later.

Don't go to Chevy Chase Acura. If you go there, you will have to return to fix something they caused.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Instructor

I dealt with Pohanka in Chantilly, VA. Worked with Bill Kemavor. It was a painless transaction, starting from the deposit. He is a straightshooter and kept me updated all along. If you go there, tell him Tim sent you. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Novice
Rosenthal service dept is ok. But, when they rorated my tires, they scratched my 4 rims more than 25 times-they fixed them later.
Ouch! I just bought a TL from Rosenthal and am about to go pick it up from their service dept. where it had an alignment done on it (yep, pulled to the left). I'll be sure to check my wheels after hearing your story, and will let you know whether the results were positive or negative.

I will say that the buying experience at Rosenthal was excellent, though. Went in, asked the price, got the deal, bought the car. Now if their service lives up to their sales I'll be even happier.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Down here, Rosenthal used to be called "Hose-Em-All". Maybe they've changed.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Just let them know that it is really easy to scratch the lug nut areas. Ask them to be careful. Then they put on the repainted wheels, they didn't even scratch once. I like their service dept-clean!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Cruisin'

Of all the dealers in NOVA and surrounding DC, Rosenthal is my favorite. And I've dealt with them for quite some time. If you need help with dealing with dealers, shoot me an email.

Yes, it's possible to go below 34,300 in DC. I think the DC dealers are realizing that their BS threshold price is not holding up and people are not buying the TL's as strong as last year.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Cruisin'

Rosenthal was the best in DC for me

I just bought a 05 nav from Rosenthal and was very pleased with the process. I shopped prices at all of the DC area dealers, but only Pohanka and Rosenthal competed on price...both came down to $34,000 (Pohanka went below $34,000 to offset the $150 more expensive processing fee in VA versus MD). Radley is the most convenient for me as I am in Arlington, but my sales guy there was $350 off of Rosenthal (he later admitted that his boss had given him approval to match Rosenthal, but he decided not to). I used to have an Integra I bought when I lived in Texas and I serviced it at Radley for about 3 years and had no complaints; in fact, I think their service hours rock...open until like 2AM! Call Matthew Ryan at Rosenthal, he gave me a good deal.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Intermediate

I bought my car from Radley about three weeks ago. I dealt with Mohammed, the internet manager, and I'm very happy with the service I received. He gave me a great deal and the car showed up exactly when he said it would.

Perhaps, instead of talking about bad dealerships, we need to be mentioning good salesmen. Maybe we could set up some sort of referral thread. That way the good salesmen (people) are rewarded and the bad ones are avoided.