3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio fuse doesn't affect HandsFree Link!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio fuse doesn't affect HandsFree Link!

Hello again.

Still having that problem with a frozen HandsFree Link in "In Use" mode which keeps the radio off. Someone mentioned to pull the fuse for the radio thinking it would power down the HFL as well. It does not. I couldn't figure out which fuse is connected to the navigation system either. Does anyone know? Some of the fuses are labeled with abbreviations that are not elaborated on. Thanks.

-Josh
Old 01-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

Re: Radio fuse doesn't affect HandsFree Link!

Originally posted by jayelwin
Hello again.

Still having that problem with a frozen HandsFree Link in "In Use" mode which keeps the radio off. Someone mentioned to pull the fuse for the radio thinking it would power down the HFL as well. It does not. I couldn't figure out which fuse is connected to the navigation system either. Does anyone know? Some of the fuses are labeled with abbreviations that are not elaborated on. Thanks.

-Josh
Just go unplug the negative of the battery for 2 hrs and you should be fine.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Racer

Re: Radio fuse doesn't affect HandsFree Link!

Originally posted by jayelwin
Hello again.

Still having that problem with a frozen HandsFree Link in "In Use" mode which keeps the radio off. Someone mentioned to pull the fuse for the radio thinking it would power down the HFL as well. It does not.
On my car, just turning the key to the off position powers down the HFL, as evidenced by the fact that the MID says "BOOTING" when I turn the key back on.

Something else you might try is having someone call your cell phone while it is in the car with the HFL powered up. The one time my HFL "glitched" and thought the phone was "IN USE" when it really wasn't, an incoming call seemed to kick things loose again.

I wonder if there is a reset switch hidden somewhere in the back of the HFL unit? Anyone ever take the unit out of the headliner and check?