Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raced A MODDED S2K!!! (FREEWAY)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced A MODDED S2K!!! (FREEWAY)

last night i went to acura/honda to look at a use "S2000" 2001 Black S2000 with some sweet 19" volk rims. my Sister said they took it in a trade in for 11k (which would be how much i pay for it.

ANYWAY, on the way back i jumped on the 91W towards anaheim, and i see a low car with some bright ass lights, i see him closing in and im thinking (well, this is basically going to help me decide) its a Very nice MURDERED S2k with huge piping. nice small black wheels. i tell my coworker who is with me if he wants to see what i can do against an S2000 and he replies "NN0OOOO" LoL he WAS SCARED so i decided to let the S2K pass. the guy had his top down and looked over as he passed. HE MUST have seen my HYPER YELLOW NOKYA fogs cause he slowed down. RACE TIME!!! he honked 3 times, we started from about 70mph, I tought i was going to get smoked.(CAUSE I HAD AN EXTRA BODY.) but to my surprise it was dead even. shifted into 4TH and we kept going, at about 6500RPM i had maybe half a car on him. not sure how if he had some bolt ons, and i had more weight. (Guys 4th Gear is Not that BAD) i called it quits casuse i say my coworkes was scared to death. he said we were going TOO FAST. not sure how fast just know it was the END OF 4TH GEAR (i usually dont look at the RPM or SPEDOMETER) im pretty use to my car! this dude was pissed and wanted to go again, i looked at him and shook my head! (No, no) the guy kept pushing and falling back to me. after a couple tries he just took off. it was a very good run. i love my (04 NBP 6MT) i also like the S2K very much. i just wished it was faster, then maybe id trade in. but not when i can take it with a "sedan", b-e-a-utifull sedan may i say!

Maybe next time i can race one from a dig. Ive been practicing my lauch. GETTING MUCH BETTER AT IT!

btw. i dont think ill be trading in for an S2000, atleast not any TIME SOON!!! KEEPING THE ACURA
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Pro

BTW guys i really want/need to stop street racing!!! I just turned 20. i have a good job, i live with my mother and 9yr old brother. i dont want to MESS up my life doign this. Escrow closes today for the house im buying with my sister. looks like everything is going well for me, and i dont want to screw up. i know some of you have quit racing, what helped you and how. thamks (its just so addictive)
Old 08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Instructor

take your car to the track...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey Adrian, nice kill!

S2K's aren't really as fast as you would think.

BTW, max speed in 4th gear is a tick over 120mph.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:32 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only way you can stop is if you have a lot of mental toughness and can brush of peer pressure.

Either that or you can just get a very slow car or a truck.

It would be a shame for you to stop because of an accident or ticket. Meaning I'd hate for that to happen to you and you stop because of that, I'd prefer you stop before that happens.

But, hey as long as you're not weaving in and out of traffic, and not being reckless, I don't mind personally, just be careful.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adrian_04tl
he honked 3 times, we started from about 70mph, I tought i was going to get smoked.(CAUSE I HAD AN EXTRA BODY.) but to my surprise it was dead even. shifted into 4TH and we kept going, at about 6500RPM i had maybe half a car on him. not sure how if he had some bolt ons, and i had more weight. (Guys 4th Gear is Not that BAD)
The 4th gear is very strong. I've been there, done some crazy stuff. It's completely the opposite of Auto tranny TL.

not sure how fast just know it was the END OF 4TH GEAR (i usually dont look at the RPM or SPEDOMETER)
You were probably at 123~ 125 mph. I used to sprint instantly upto 125 mph from 4th gear. It gets up there very quickly. I have beat a lot of Caddy CTS and some other cars at those speeds.

btw, very good run. Considering you had a passenger (another 200+ lbs) and assuming you had more than half tank of gas and some stuff in the trunk... and you still managed to beat the S2000. That's the powa of 6MT TL. That S2000 driver got pissed because he probably assumed your car was a 5AT TL and being faster than his car. MOST, I mean literally almost all TL cars out on the road are stupid 5AT TL...... hence they run slow.... hence they get beat by many cars...... If it was the 5AT TL the S2000 driver would've trounced it. Some people don't even know TL has 6MT option available. I have driven 5AT TL quite a few times and that thing had no power......

Good job.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Manual Transmission
The 4th gear is very strong. I've been there, done some crazy stuff. It's completely the opposite of Auto tranny TL.

You were probably at 123~ 125 mph. I used to sprint instantly upto 125 mph from 4th gear. It gets up there very quickly. I have beat a lot of Caddy CTS and some other cars at those speeds.

btw, very good run. Considering you had a passenger (another 200+ lbs) and assuming you had more than half tank of gas and some stuff in the trunk... and you still managed to beat the S2000. That's the powa of 6MT TL. That S2000 driver got pissed because he probably assumed your car was a 5AT TL and being faster than his car. MOST, I mean literally almost all TL cars out on the road are stupid 5AT TL...... hence they run slow.... hence they get beat by many cars...... If it was the 5AT TL the S2000 driver would've trounced it. Some people don't even know TL has 6MT option available. I have driven 5AT TL quite a few times and that thing had no power......

Good job.

c'mon Manual, you can't knock all the TL AT's! My fiance also drives my car so 6MT wasn't an option for me... You need to drive some modded TL AT"s or SC'ed ones.. Damn I think mine is pretty quick and I'm not even done modding
Old 08-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Advanced

wow...6mt are that much faster than 5at eh

i raced my friend's ap2 s2k, he pulls a car length just like the eclipse GT V6 does to my 2g TL-S with header and intake