Sponsored by:

Questions Needing Answers from my TL bros & sis's

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:34 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions Needing Answers from my TL bros & sis's

Hey Guys,

This TL forum is sweet btw. Such family unity! The TL is my first new ride, so this is all new to me. Can you guys help with a few questions? Thanks in advance!

1) Are the sidemarkers supposed to blink?

2) I've also experienced the ignition startup lag that some others have mentioned, e.g. I have to crank it all the way for it to start smoothly. If I don't, it seems like the engine barely makes it. Is this a problem that I can and should bring into the dealer for servicing, or am I stuck with what I've got?

3) Can someone send me pics of how to install the cargo net in the trunk? I haven't been able to figure it out 'cause I'm such a dumbass. I feel silly for asking.

4) When I first bought my car, I read the owner's manual cover to cover to make sure everything worked the way it is supposed to. On page 85 of the owners manual (top right), it states that "you cannot open the trunk with the remote transmitter if the trunk main button [glovebox] is turned off." I tried this, and I could still open the trunk with the remote transmitter. This sucks 'cause should I valet my car, I would have to remove the transmitter if I don't want the valet guy opening my trunk. Has anyone else experienced this?

5) Lastly, has anyone put in LoJack for their car, and if so, how much does it cost?

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:47 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
1- sidemarkers dont blink.........
2-ignition problem will be fine later on.... i had problems starting up @ first but now i got 14k on it, it starts on first self.
3- do a search on "how to install the cargo net in the trunk"
Old 07-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I won't close your thread until someone answers #4 to you...

Originally Posted by babyface89_93
Hey Guys,

This TL forum is sweet btw. Such family unity! The TL is my first new ride, so this is all new to me. Can you guys help with a few questions? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. Please check out GARAGE thread. Thanks.

1) Are the sidemarkers supposed to blink?
Without modification and adding some relay, the original 04TL's sidemarkers won't blink. Check Garage's DIY section.

2) I've also experienced the ignition startup lag that some others have mentioned, e.g. I have to crank it all the way for it to start smoothly. If I don't, it seems like the engine barely makes it. Is this a problem that I can and should bring into the dealer for servicing, or am I stuck with what I've got?
Normal. Have your key in ignition II for a few seconds then crank it, this may help. Please check Garage's newbie section.

Please read your owner manual again.

3) Can someone send me pics of how to install the cargo net in the trunk? I haven't been able to figure it out 'cause I'm such a dumbass. I feel silly for asking.
Check newbie section, please.

4) When I first bought my car, I read the owner's manual cover to cover to make sure everything worked the way it is supposed to. On page 85 of the owners manual (top right), it states that "you cannot open the trunk with the remote transmitter if the trunk main button [glovebox] is turned off." I tried this, and I could still open the trunk with the remote transmitter. This sucks 'cause should I valet my car, I would have to remove the transmitter if I don't want the valet guy opening my trunk. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, I'm not sure with this one... I'm always giving my valet key to those lizards, not the remote... Is Ron A here now??

5) Lastly, has anyone put in LoJack for their car, and if so, how much does it cost?
$575-$875, depend on where you are. Please check Garage newbie section.

Desijatt, you beat me...
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
btw here is the link to cargo net thread

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76867
Old 07-01-2004, 01:02 AM
5th Gear

Thanks AcuraTLjaTT559 and rets for the quick responses and for the patience! You must excuse my newbie ignorance.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, I thought the trunk lock out in the glove was only to disable the dash trunk release in the cabin. My dealer showed me all the features before I drove off and didn't mention about the remote lockout. I think the lock out is only effective with the valet key since you don't want them to access the glove box either. I'll try it out when I get a chance.

From the other threads, the car delays in start up because sometimes it takes a little longer for the ECU to calculate the best fuel and air mixture before the car starts. Also I heard it could have been the car trying to recognize the coded module in the key. Happened to me. I thought I had a lemon when it first happened because I cranked for almost 3 seconds. Now I just let it sit in the on position for a few seconds just to make sure my gas tank is pressurized before I start it. Doesn't happen much anymore. And after reading the other threads of others having the same symptoms, I'm not as worried.

As for the cargo net, luckily my dealer installed it too before I picked up my car. It's quite simple. If you have your net spread out, there are six elastic loops, three on each side. Place the net so that three of the loops are on the left side and three are on the right. The center loops are hooked on the circular hooks on the each side of the floor of the trunk closest to the bumper. Then hook the remaining loops on the circular hooks on each side of the trunk near the tail lights. You can hook the net tighter or looser depending on which hole you use one each loop. This creates a pocket for you to put stuff in without having them roll around the trunk. There are other hooks in the trunk for various combinations or positions for the net. Ex: Stretching the net over something to tie it down.

Give it a try and enjoy your new ride.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Racer

hey congrats on your new car...

well all the answers are pretty much answered here but am i the only one where if i have the trunk latch disabled, it will not work on the fob? I turn it off lock the glove compartment and give the valet key with the an extra fob that i ordered, and havnt had any problems...

I remember reading another view on the cranking, it could be wrong but just wanted to post what someone else had reported the reason for this occurance... The ULEV on the car is trying to keep the emmissions down on the startup, but that dosnt make sense to be since it dosnt start up slowly every time...

hope you have a great time with your car
Old 07-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, if the lock out was designed to turn off the power on the trunk release motor, then the fob or cabin button wouldn't activate the trunk release. Damn, it's 4:30 in the morning and now I'm curious enough to go outside and try it. LOL!!!

As for the start-up, I guess as long as the car starts up, I'm happy. I really don't want to get stranded and have to call the TLC hotline.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Received 1,014 Likes on 577 Posts
The owner's manual on page 85 must be wrong, because mine will open when the trunk main button is turned off. The only thing that doesn't work is the button under the dash on the driver's side, which is as it is intended. That must be why they say to leave the valet key, because even if you turn the main button off, if you leave your fob with the regular key, they can always open the glove box and turn it on and open the trunk.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Received 1,014 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
btw here is the link to cargo net thread

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76867
That link takes you to this one, which is the one I have been using for reference and is the same link found in the 3G Garage http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72985

I just checked, and all the pictures in the link are no good. Even clicking on the red X, going to properties, cutting and pasting the URL, you get a Page Not Found screen.

Looks like we need a better link or some way to get the pictures back.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Racer

i wonder if i have some flook because the fob dosnt work when i have the trunk disabler off... when the car isnt moving (on the internet in the car... no im not driving) i will have a look try again and make sure i wasnt fooling myself
Old 07-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
... ...Looks like we need a better link or some way to get the pictures back.

I repost some of them now...