Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question For Those Who Have Had/Tried To Have Their WDP Bumpers Repainted

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For Those Who Have Had/Tried To Have Their WDP Bumpers Repainted

First I should say I have search this topic and read every thread that I can find on this but doesn’t exactly answer my questions. I have an appointment on Monday for an oil change and for them to look at the mismatch paint on the bumper. In talking with one of the service reps (she was the service manager at one point) I mentioned my issue and how I know that others have successfully had this done. She mentioned that it isn’t her call or the service manager but it is the district manager who calls the shots on this. She mentioned that they tried for this once before but he said no. I mentioned to her that from my research I know that other dealers around the country have repainted bumpers without a fight. Her response is that the dealer may be paying for that on their own as a gesture to their customer who bought the car from them. That brings me to my question: For those of you who have had your WDP bumper(s) repainted by the dealer did you buy your car from the dealer who fixed it? Do you know if Acura paid for the repaint or the dealer? It frustrates me to think that to get proper service for an issue the dealer had to have made some substantial money off you for them to do it. What happens if you move and don't have the option to go back to the purchasing dealer? She mentioned something about me being the second owner having something to do with it too, which is BS. End rant. Any thoughts?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Pro

I also just called Acura Client Services (I didn't give them any info) to discuss the mismatch paint issue in general. The lady told me that "Acura is unaware of any mismatching paint issue." I laughed that one off in my head. She also told me that it is always the regional service managers decision and that any other repaint situation has no bearing on this situation. That's fine, so what standard are these repaint claims reviewed against? I sure hope it's not just some guy saying yes/no depending on his mood.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Good luck with that. Most cars have mismatched bumper covers. Unfortunately Acura has the worst mismatch of all of them. So yeah, they have a problem, no they won't acknowledge it.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
I also just called Acura Client Services (I didn't give them any info) to discuss the mismatch paint issue in general. The lady told me that "Acura is unaware of any mismatching paint issue." I laughed that one off in my head. She also told me that it is always the regional service managers decision and that any other repaint situation has no bearing on this situation. That's fine, so what standard are these repaint claims reviewed against? I sure hope it's not just some guy saying yes/no depending on his mood.
"The lady told me that "Acura is unaware of any mismatching paint issue.""

OK Fish008, You may have laughed in your head but I just spit food on my computer screen!!!

Acura's favorite saying: Ignorance is bliss"
Old 11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Pro

Can anyone answer my questions? For those of you who have had your WDP bumper(s) repainted by the dealer did you buy your car from the dealer that fixed (repainted) it? Do you know if Acura paid for the repaint or the dealer?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 68 Posts
I would live with it since they all have it. It will never be as good as factory paint. That metallic pearl paint is hard to lay and match. I have had my front bumper on my anthracite tl painted twice by two different shops and under certain light and angles it doesn't match perfectly.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
REDBULL///AMG

Originally Posted by achenator
I would live with it since they all have it. It will never be as good as factory paint. That metallic pearl paint is hard to lay and match. I have had my front bumper on my anthracite tl painted twice by two different shops and under certain light and angles it doesn't match perfectly.
i agree very much. the main reason of the mismatch is the flex additive and plastic addhesive, with out that ur paint is gona crack. so u either have three options, deal with slight mismatch, have spider crack down the line, or do what i did, repaint the entire car and do a custom job wheres a its an 8 stage paint instead of 3 stage. i tried this in my 04 SSM days and they told me no way in hell are they gona do it, and it was the dealer i bought it from.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Pro

^^ how much would that cost to have it paint 8 stage? how much would u charge?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Pro

They took pictures of my car yesterday so that they can submit them to the regional manager. The service rep did say that it is case by case and that it really could come down to the regional manager having a bad day whether he approves it or not. Doesn't seem to me that there is any standard on which this problem is judged. So the wait and see begins.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
someone wrecked my rear bumper 2 months ago. i have it repaint at my local shop and i know they are the best around here. they match it alot better than Acura paint. $250 deductable. i am more happy with that.