Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about A1 service

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question about A1 service

I was finally told in the MID that I need the A1 service. I know that the A1 service is an oil change and tire rotation. Can anyone in the Dallas area tell me how much you paid for this. I called up Goodson Acura to schedule an apointment and found out the they charge for the oil change, but they also do another charge for the rotation.
I figured that both of these would be one charged and rolled up together as far as service is concerned.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A1 Service

Save $$$ and have these services performed elsewhere. Vandergriff in Arlington charges about $ 75 total for both of these services. Why pay for future balancing and rotations from the dealer. Go the Firestone at Irving Mall and get a lifetime balance and rotation. I paid $55 at Firestone. A simple oil change is usually cheaper from anyone other than the dealer. Just remember to manually reset the oil ife indicator.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Racer

Cool. I was planning on doing the rotation myself. I did that with my CL-S. I don't really need balancing, but $55 sounds good for lifetime. I am pretty sure Discount tire is around that price. I have both near me so I will have to check that out.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Advanced

First two service appointments are FREE

Originally Posted by shalinz
I was finally told in the MID that I need the A1 service. I know that the A1 service is an oil change and tire rotation. Can anyone in the Dallas area tell me how much you paid for this. I called up Goodson Acura to schedule an apointment and found out the they charge for the oil change, but they also do another charge for the rotation.
I figured that both of these would be one charged and rolled up together as far as service is concerned.

Hey there...up in Canada..the first two service appointments are FREE. My A1 service is do soon...down to 15% oil life with 9000 kms.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just did my A1 at Acura of Boston yesterday for a grand total of $0.00. I just told the service writer that my sales person said the 1st oil change was free and he was fine with it. I also told him that I only wanted an oil change, no exterior wash, yes to interior vacuum and told him about a rattle sun visor mirror cover. Everything was done to my request. No more rattle mirror cover, clean interior and fresh dino juice in my motor not too long afterwards. Like you, I plan to do my own rotation in front of my street. At least I won't scour up the lug nut openings in the wheel if the tech is not careful with the air gun and I will torque all the lugs to spec properly to avoid possible warped rotors down the line. Save the money for a nice meal out on the town as I did.

dsc888
Old 09-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dsc888
I just did my A1 at Acura of Boston yesterday for a grand total of $0.00. I just told the service writer that my sales person said the 1st oil change was free and he was fine with it. I also told him that I only wanted an oil change, no exterior wash, yes to interior vacuum and told him about a rattle sun visor mirror cover. Everything was done to my request. No more rattle mirror cover, clean interior and fresh dino juice in my motor not too long afterwards. Like you, I plan to do my own rotation in front of my street. At least I won't scour up the lug nut openings in the wheel if the tech is not careful with the air gun and I will torque all the lugs to spec properly to avoid possible warped rotors down the line. Save the money for a nice meal out on the town as I did.

dsc888

Very True. I have a rattle also that they are going to look at. Mine though appears to be the clear plastic cover over the light for the vanity mirror on the passenger side. I used to think it was in the passenger door, but after Messing around in the car for a little while I found out that it was that. I can move it around and sometimes it will stop. The cover for the light on the drivers side is on very tight and will not move. This is the only rattle issue I have had with the car so far.

I am also having them look at a few other minor issues that have been discussed her before. The only one out of those that is bugging me the most is when I shift from 2nd to 3rd, it feels notchy. Shifting thorugh all other gears in nice and smooth, but I don't think it will be anything major for them to fix.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Why don't you just do it yourself? I was told by the service guy that I could do service A1 myself as long as you keep all your records (receipt for oil & oil filter, date, mileage).
Old 09-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Racer

I haven't done an oil change myself in over 5 years. I could probably do it, but since I live in an apartment complex I can't. My complex does not allow residents to work on their cars in the complex. If that wasn't an issue, then I probably would do it on my own.