3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting my claim on the car tomorrow. Price sound good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting my claim on the car tomorrow. Price sound good?

I ended up pinging Turnersville in NJ and another dealer in FL. Turnersville started pretty low, and the FL dealer went even lower, plus the shipping to here is cheaper and theyve got one coming in two weeks. They HAD one on the lot two days ago but sold it. Oh well though, I'd rather have it brand new without any dealer polishing swirl marks and all that crap.

So, heres my deal for all of you to review.

-5AT Anthracite/Ebony
-Front/Side/Rear underbody spoilers
-Deck lid spoiler
-Protection package (wheel locks and trunk tray"
-Front rubber mats

$34,534 with all the above installed.

$499 dealer fee. I worried about this and told them that Turnersville had cheaper doc fees so they cut the price off the car itself rather than the dealer fee. I figure it will help out on the taxes.

I really wanted to go with Turnersville since they start out so low and that helps us ALL out, but they didn't have the exact color combo I wanted in stock (but now I have to wait anyways, oh well), and the shipping from them would be nearly twice as much (eventhough its half as far away). Plus the guys in FL were more active and prompt in email traffic. I got answers and numbers faster.

Sound reasonable? I'm going to go in the morning and wire them 1K to put my hold on the car. Then whenever its ready to be shipped to me and after I specify that the nav is callibrated and XM hooked up and that all the 3 keys etc are there, then I will transferr them 14K more as a down payment.

Get it here, pay the truck driver, take it DIRECTLY to the insurance place down the street, then handle taxes and tags. WHEE!

Or so my plan goes...

Sounds pretty decent eh?
Old 04-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
I ended up pinging Turnersville in NJ and another dealer in FL. Turnersville started pretty low, and the FL dealer went even lower, plus the shipping to here is cheaper and theyve got one coming in two weeks. They HAD one on the lot two days ago but sold it. Oh well though, I'd rather have it brand new without any dealer polishing swirl marks and all that crap.

So, heres my deal for all of you to review.

-5AT Anthracite/Ebony
-Front/Side/Rear underbody spoilers
-Deck lid spoiler
-Protection package (wheel locks and trunk tray"
-Front rubber mats

$499 dealer fee. I worried about this and told them that Turnersville had cheaper doc fees so they cut the price off the car itself rather than the dealer fee. I figure it will help out on the taxes.

I really wanted to go with Turnersville since they start out so low and that helps us ALL out, but they didn't have the exact color combo I wanted in stock (but now I have to wait anyways, oh well), and the shipping from them would be nearly twice as much (eventhough its half as far away). Plus the guys in FL were more active and prompt in email traffic. I got answers and numbers faster.

Sound reasonable? I'm going to go in the morning and wire them 1K to put my hold on the car. Then whenever its ready to be shipped to me and after I specify that the nav is callibrated and XM hooked up and that all the 3 keys etc are there, then I will transferr them 14K more as a down payment.

Get it here, pay the truck driver, take it DIRECTLY to the insurance place down the street, then handle taxes and tags. WHEE!

Or so my plan goes...

Sounds pretty decent eh?
A good price on a non-navi auto is low $31s. Some say they have gotten under that, but I question it. If they did, they probably got hosed on the finance and extended warranty. I don't know what all the other gingerbread goes for, but you appear to be paying about $3500 for it.

XP
Old 04-29-2004, 12:37 AM
drug dealer

Smile excellent!

i have the same exact specs except i have black instead of antracite and i paid 35,000 before taxes. I think you are doing great especially with the demand for that combo. Congrats.

P.S i am presuming you have navi since you said something about calibrating the navi.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:31 AM
4th Gear

I purchased a white/parchment with nav last month, out the door, Tax, title, EVERYTHING, for $36,000 even. The actual deal was $1500 below MSRP, dealer threw in trunk mat.

Must tell you a searched 3 state area for two weeks before finding the right deal. I emailed EVERY Acura dealer. Ended up visiting a local lot on a Sunday. He had the car we wanted and deal was done in about an hour.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xpditor42
A good price on a non-navi auto is low $31s. Some say they have gotten under that, but I question it. If they did, they probably got hosed on the finance and extended warranty. I don't know what all the other gingerbread goes for, but you appear to be paying about $3500 for it.

XP
Are you talking car only, no tax, because my AT/non-Navi was $30,500 w/3.9% AHFC, plus some free accessories (cheap ones)
Old 04-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Advanced

Is this a Nav car?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Team Anthracite

Yes this is a NAV car. I forgot to specify, sorry. I assumed that buying a non-NAV car wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

:tflamer:
Old 04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Team Anthracite

I just transferred the 1K right now. Hopefully the car will get here sometime after May 15th because I am out of town from the 11th until then.

I'm damn excited for this car. I can't wait to take it on its first trip to the beach. :toothless

And so the long wait begins.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much do these dealers want to ship the car to you ? I'm thinking of dealing
with Turnersville.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:56 AM
10th Gear

I got my Anthracite/Ebony AT/non-Navi for $30,250 plus delivery, tax and tag (no dealer prep, etc). That included trunk tray and wheel locks. Perhaps not an outstanding deal, but that was back in the first week of January.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Team Anthracite

Turnersville wanted about 700 to ship 400-some miles to Raleigh, NC.

Rick Case in FL wanted about 450 to ship it some 700+ miles to Raleigh, NC.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ne-fl-tl
I got my Anthracite/Ebony AT/non-Navi for $30,250 plus delivery, tax and tag (no dealer prep, etc). That included trunk tray and wheel locks. Perhaps not an outstanding deal, but that was back in the first week of January.
What does "plus delivery" mean? How much was that?
Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Huh?

It's not clear. Are you adding the $499 dealer fee to the $34,534 or is it included in that number? Either way, you're going to pay taxes on it.

What is the price of the spoilers separately stated?

XP
Old 04-30-2004, 06:48 AM
10th Gear

$30,250 for the TL + $545 delivery + tax + tag
Old 04-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by xpditor42
It's not clear. Are you adding the $499 dealer fee to the $34,534 or is it included in that number? Either way, you're going to pay taxes on it.

What is the price of the spoilers separately stated?

XP
the 499 is not included in the number i put out there.

tax in NC is like 4.5% i think. the tax difference on that price between FL at 6% and NC at 4.5% is about $518.

decklid was $525 installed

$1252.08 was for the 3 underbody kits installed

the lid and the body kits were offered at that price a long while ago. i havent gotten a breakdown of the parts VS the car since then. he may have gone down price wise on the parts, or the car, or both... im not sure.

price without those parts would be $32736.92. but even at that price it still includes the trunk mats and protection package (which i know is a freebie)

not bad for an apparently hard to get color combo thats brand new from the factory. at least i think anyways. probably not an amazing deal, but not bad.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Very good job!

Originally Posted by ne-fl-tl
$30,250 for the TL + $545 delivery + tax + tag

That price $ 30,800 (incl. freight) is exceptional. You can be rightly proud of your negotiating skills.

Where I am, they are cutting $1,000 better deals for a 6MT. There isn't as much demand for manual in South Florida.

I only saw one other posting that claimed $30,500 for a non-Navi. These are out of the ordinary, spectacular deals. Dealers on the West Coast are trying to hold on to MSRP and getting it!

XP
Old 04-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Excellent negotiating!

the 499 is not included in the number i put out there.

tax in NC is like 4.5% i think. the tax difference on that price between FL at 6% and NC at 4.5% is about $518.

decklid was $525 installed

$1252.08 was for the 3 underbody kits installed

the lid and the body kits were offered at that price a long while ago. i havent gotten a breakdown of the parts VS the car since then. he may have gone down price wise on the parts, or the car, or both... im not sure.

price without those parts would be $32736.92. but even at that price it still includes the trunk mats and protection package (which i know is a freebie)

not bad for an apparently hard to get color combo thats brand new from the factory. at least i think anyways. probably not an amazing deal, but not bad.
That's an excellent price. It is within a few dollars of what I paid at the same dealer although I may have gotten an extra freebie or two. I got wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, and hand painted pin stripes ($295). Everyone advised me against pin stripes put I like them so you can all f--- off! It's my car and personalized for me. So there. Pffft! :thefinger

I brought my own artist in for the pin stripes. So, I know what it cost them. It was part of my original deal.

I shopped my ass off all over South Florida. Actually, the best price I got was in Palm Beach County, but I went to Rick Case and told them I would buy it there if they matched the price. They did. I did.

After the fact, I hear that I might have been able to save $500 or so if I went to NJ. Let me say this: it would take more than $500 to get me to go to NJ (no offense NJ). I mean, I'm tight but you can go too far to save a buck.

XP
Old 04-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Team Anthracite

it cost more to ship from NJ. and at the time they didnt have an Anthracite/Ebony, only quartz. too bad the one in FL got sold already or it probably would have been in the works today.

but then again, im getting it shipped to my apartment door with the factory plastic attached now.

ZAINO TYME
Old 04-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

it cost more to ship from NJ. and at the time they didnt have an Anthracite/Ebony, only quartz. too bad the one in FL got sold already or it probably would have been in the works today.

but then again, im getting it shipped to my apartment door with the factory plastic attached now.

ZAINO TYME
Who is your salesperson? Dave, Glen, or Stacy? Mine is Stacy.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Team Anthracite

Dayton

seems like a cool guy. never condescending, always prompt, polite, deals without being painful.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Instructor

I just ordered my 6 speed, AM-Quartz, NAVI car today but I wont get it until the 20th. No other options and no trade.

Duval Honda in Jacksonville. On my ourchase agreement:
$31,593.27 cash Price with instillations
$ 1,917.23 state sales tax
$ 279.00 delivery items
$ 75.00 doc
$ 135.50 tax/title/reg + misc
$34,000.00 total cash price

I think that this is pretty good.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FlashG
I just ordered my 6 speed, AM-Quartz, NAVI car today but I wont get it until the 20th. No other options and no trade.

Duval Honda in Jacksonville. On my ourchase agreement:
$31,593.27 cash Price with instillations
$ 1,917.23 state sales tax
$ 279.00 delivery items
$ 75.00 doc
$ 135.50 tax/title/reg + misc
$34,000.00 total cash price

I think that this is pretty good.
that is the best price out the door for a navi model. some people don't even get 34K before tax and title.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by caball88
that is the best price out the door for a navi model. some people don't even get 34K before tax and title.
I had been dealing with the same sales guy at another dealer for a couple of months. When I finally decided to buy a TL I called them but they said he no longer worked for them.

This Monday I found his card and called his cell and he said that he just switched to Duval. So I just said I’m ready to order are they ready to deal? He asked if I still wanted the 6 speed Anthracite NAVI and I said yes but for $34,000 Out the Door. He (naturally) had to talk to his manager. 20 minutes later he called back and said OK. I told him we would be in at 8:30 AM Friday (end of month for a new salesman) to do the deed. We did and it is done.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:04 PM
5th Gear

FlashG-
Thanks for your post. I live in Jax and have been researching TL for a few weeks. I called Duval and asked about your deal...they of course said "no way no how didn't come from here" and "maybe if it was a non-navi". Can you give me a few more details to approach them with- salesperson, date, etc...Thanks!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by flyhoovers
FlashG-
Thanks for your post. I live in Jax and have been researching TL for a few weeks. I called Duval and asked about your deal...they of course said "no way no how didn't come from here" and "maybe if it was a non-navi". Can you give me a few more details to approach them with- salesperson, date, etc...Thanks!!!
David Remsen 904-334-1481
Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Intermediate

south florida price

31,500 + 500 + 495 dealer fee anthracite/ebony w/Navi and trunk mat = 32,495 picking it up tomorrow and there 10 others on the lot. Rick Case Acura is the largest in the world (so they claim) I dont care hwat they are, they had many to choose from and I got a great deal... as compared to many Ive been reading. I used Dayton Diaz.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Team Anthracite

doh! thats where im getting mine, same combo. there will be hell to pay if you stole mine.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

Seriously? Originally I was getting a black on black in stock but now I want to see the Anthracite so they are bringing it in and Ill make the decision.. Said it would arive tonight and be prep'd in the morning. Is your deal all done?I might be able to use your name to get you a bird dog (100 dollar referal fee) Ill let you know how the deal goes.
leo
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Team Anthracite

i put 1K down to hold a 5AT anthracite/NAV. other than that the price for all parts and additions has been set for me.

$34,534:
-5AT anthracite/NAV
-front/side/rear underbody spoilers installed
-deck lid spoiler installed
-front rubber floor mats
-protection package (wheel locks and trunk tray)

then i have to pay 499 dealer fee and some trivial lemon law stuff and some tire fee (both end up being 8 bucks... woohoo)

whats your price?

-Phil Cole
Old 05-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Intermediate

So you're actually the reason they had to truck one in for me. hey told me 4 on the lot were sold I would guess one of them is yours being held. You missed my other posts..

31,485 for the car
500 over invoice
495 dealer fee
thrown in mud guards or trunk liner
My trades worth 11K so my taxes are only on the remaining balance after trade (20K)
So total...32,480 its 6am and im dying for noon to get hear..
Old 05-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Intermediate

Oh yeah the lemon law stuff... Thats the best 3 bucks you'll ever spend. Ive Lemoned a Dodge Ram extra cab and a Chevy Trailblazer and both times I made out pretty damn good.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by Leostaats
So you're actually the reason they had to truck one in for me. hey told me 4 on the lot were sold I would guess one of them is yours being held. You missed my other posts..

31,485 for the car
500 over invoice
495 dealer fee
My trades worth 11K so my taxes are only on the remaining balance after trade (20K)
good price! damn!

i need to ask for the cars price itself again to compare and get them to match it.

thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Team Anthracite

Leo. mind if i reference your name and try to get the same price on the car itself?
Old 05-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by berlinrl
How much do these dealers want to ship the car to you ? I'm thinking of dealing
with Turnersville.
Why not fly to Phila and drive home?
Old 05-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Intermediate

Wont happen... We ironically have the same salesman Dayton hes been informed. I got to be honest there were a couple of people there at the same time buying the car I was getting and they were paying full price on sticker plus addons. You got a good deal. no bullsaw the invoice on the cars and Im told yours is coming in soon. Everything else went reat,, smooth smooth smooth and Dayton is good guy.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Intermediate

Also by the time you add in some of the stuff you are getting as extras we are real close on price. Id go with what you got. it seems good to me.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Team Anthracite

yeah it looks like id be paying a bit more than expected, about 500... not too terribly worried about it though since Dayton has made the entire process pretty painless. which is why i am buying from him as opposed to the dealers localy.

AND he gets them in stock faster.

i had a local dealer email me twice about SSM 5AT NAVIs... told him both times i dont want silver.

oh well. he emailed me and told me that its in stock at the moment and he is waiting for the kit pieces i wanted. so hopefully by the time i get back from my trip to CA i will have the car ready

i feel kind of scared spending this much money on a car. but then again, i feel scared spending 500 bucks on a TV, lol. im sure once i get it im going to have a lot of fun. my friends and i are actually planning a trip to the beach around the time i get the car. hopefully i have it by then so i can start breaking it in and learning the NAV.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Now you see it; now you don't.

Originally Posted by Leostaats

31,485 for the car
500 over invoice
495 dealer fee
I don't understand how you can reach those numbers when you have a trade in. With a trade in, they are going to go by list prices and the deduct the allowance for your trade. Since they are the ones appraising your trade, you might be getting $500 over invoice and you might not. In fact, I seriously doubt it.

As you note, there are people standing in line to buy the TLs with Navi. Why would they cut the price so close to the bone?

I was in the service department yesterday and they were adding the A-Spec to an Anthracite TL. Bob, the Sales Manager, said that he had sold 3 Anthracite A-Specs from the one they had on the showroom floor for a couple of weeks.

The service guys were putting on the front chin spoiler which uses double sided tape and about 4 bolts. They removed the stock exhaust extension shields and were throwing them out. I grabbed them from the trash can so I would have spares in case I ever damage mine.

Is this one yours? They were also putting on the 18" gun metal gray wheels and had a fresh set of Yokahama tires waiting to go on them.

I had gone back there to get the four wheel lugs that they take off when they install the wheel locks. They didn't give them to me when I picked up my car and I wanted them for spares. They usually throw them on the ground or in a box. They have no use for them. There are scores of them on the ground behind the service department. Next time you're there, take a walk out back and have a look.

The numbers you quote only have relevancy to a clean deal with no trade, is the point I was making. Since they can juggle the price of your trade to suit them, the numbers can be misleading.

XP
Old 05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

My friend, please do not take this as condescending or rude however, when with proper research and sales history vs techniques you know exactlly what your paying. Sur ein the end you could say I got 20K for my trade but paid 10K too much for the car.
Take this as advice from a seasoned car purchaser and one who has extensive training in sales. The brief summary is this, first you go to look at the car and inform them you have NO trade, its a cash deal. Your ready to purchase in a couple of weeks once an expected bonus comes in. Negotiate at that time what the price will be while having a folder full of similar cars in it with edmunds prices and comps.. say for a G35 a BMW, IS300, etc. they'll see your ready to buy and they'll think your not quite sure what you want, for them they know your going to purchase and they want you to get the Acura. Then over the next few weeks when they call youto see if you are interested in the vehicle still, let them know you still aren't sure...you feel theres bettervalue elsewhere with the lexus, etc. Instead of them making you sweat you got to make them sweat. Once they finally tell you a number on the car that is where you want to be (for me it was 500 over the edmunds price which by all calculations after the "throw ins" I believe put them into 200 of holdback (look it up). Once I had the final number I already knew what my trade was worth.. both on the market and to me. So now I know the number I call them up and tell them I want to trade something in and if they go where I want then I indeed did get my 500 over. So long as I traded at market value...
SO as for the trade it was a Silverado that would sell for about 11K maybe a little more to the perfect buyer. I could then trade it to the dealer for 10,400 since you only pay tax on the difference between the new vehicle less the trade in amount. If the dealer was willing to give me 10,400 plus the manbdatory tax benefit of 6% then it would equal 11K+. They didnt come out and offer me my asking price I told them I was selling it on my own and would let them konw in a month or so. So what happens, they want me to buy this month, this week, today, now they call back a million times with higher offers on my trade. When I finally get my greatest deal I call a completelly different dealership and say heres what I want. and of course what I want is better then what I can allready get at the dealer Ive been jerking around. Thats how most of my previous sales went.
In the case of this one, it was pretty straight forward, Dayton was forth coming with info when I needed it he said he could do the car for cash at the price I told him I wanted it and when I told him what I wanted for the trade I let him discount a little since I would get the 6% benefit. This was the easiest and most proffesional deal I've ever been involved in though. He mad eit happen and he made it happen quick, painlessly, and no hitches came up on the way. Phil has already mentioned how things have gone, and I can atest to the fact that hes teling the truth.
By the way Phil I said you sent me over to them but I think Daytom knew better he just kind of smirked and was surprised "I knew you" so maybe youll get the 100bucks for the bird dog. We also talked a little about your deal when I informed him you had priced NJ and he said he knew but he tried to make everything smoother so youd go with him.
My car looks great-they cleaned it up nice - I love it - the stereo is phenominal - First day I had it..... cruised the beack with the windows down after dinner with my wife and loved ever minute of it..
Phil your going to love this car... but the Navi willtake some time to learn

Dont forget the 100 bucks, tell Dayton Leo said you get it Ill bet he sends it along or something to make up for it.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Team Anthracite

Thanks for the pimpage Leo. I appreciate it!

Can't wait to get the car. I could probably get it later this week if it werent for my trip to CA.

Oh well... soon... soon.

What color combo did you pick?

Quick Reply: Putting my claim on the car tomorrow. Price sound good?