Sponsored by:

pulling to the left and pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pulling to the left and pulling to the right

hey guys !

i got my new 05 6MT TL couple of month ago and after some time i noticed it had a little pull to the left while braking. nothing major, i thought it was just a road for a while.

it's been kinda cold here in Boston area lately and i managed to get a flat tire. i changed to a donut (spare tire) and dropped the flat one at tire shop. it was front passenger tire. turned out it had a hole in sidewall and had to be replaced.

i had about 1500 miles on the car and decided to replace one from tire. they had to order it and i was driving on the donut for 2 days. no more then 5 miles a day. today i finally got new tire and put the wheel back in.

while it still pulls a little to the left when i brake, not it also has a little pull to the right while i accelerate ! when i just cruising, it drives straight.

i'm gonna buy a pressure gauge and check if i have diff pressure in front tires. the other thing i can think if of is that new tire grips better or worse at this moment and it will break in. if break in period for tires even exist ...

since i didn't hit anything when i got flat tire and it didn't blew up, i don't think i messed up my alignment. can driving on the small spare tire for 2 days affect alignment ?

if there was no accident/damage, will alignment be covered by warranty ? or is it wear and tear kind of thing ?

my tires are Michelin pilots ...

any suggestions ?

thanks !
Old 12-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Michelin Pilot MXM4 or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S??
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Michelin Pilot MXM4
Old 12-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned

sounds like tire tracking the road.

my el42's did the same, and even my falken st115's do the same. it's very odd, and because it is inconsistent it makes you want to try and anaylze it and find the cause.

it's just the way these cars track the road.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Instructor

well, it's a little consistent - pulling left on braking and right on accelerating. i'll check the pressure and drive around tomorrow to see if the pattern is still the same ...
Old 12-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

The problem is called tramlining. My F1's do it
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Diver
hey guys !

i got my new 05 6MT TL couple of month ago and after some time i noticed it had a little pull to the left while braking. nothing major, i thought it was just a road for a while.

it's been kinda cold here in Boston area lately and i managed to get a flat tire. i changed to a donut (spare tire) and dropped the flat one at tire shop. it was front passenger tire. turned out it had a hole in sidewall and had to be replaced.

i had about 1500 miles on the car and decided to replace one from tire. they had to order it and i was driving on the donut for 2 days. no more then 5 miles a day. today i finally got new tire and put the wheel back in.

while it still pulls a little to the left when i brake, not it also has a little pull to the right while i accelerate ! when i just cruising, it drives straight.

i'm gonna buy a pressure gauge and check if i have diff pressure in front tires. the other thing i can think if of is that new tire grips better or worse at this moment and it will break in. if break in period for tires even exist ...

since i didn't hit anything when i got flat tire and it didn't blew up, i don't think i messed up my alignment. can driving on the small spare tire for 2 days affect alignment ?

if there was no accident/damage, will alignment be covered by warranty ? or is it wear and tear kind of thing ?

my tires are Michelin pilots ...

any suggestions ?

thanks !

I have the same problem just like yours. My TL was ok for the first 3months I had the car. But later started to sway to the right most of the time. I checked my tire pressure and they are ok. I am planning to bring it to service to have a alignment done to the car since the service dude said it is covered under warranty. Funny thing is I had a flat recently and I had the small dinky donut tire for over 4 days b/c no where was open during christmas and boxing day. But I must admit they are pretty quite tires for such a small thin tire. I had over 100miles on those little suckers and they were fine. THe only drawback was our TL should of come with another extra 17 inch wheel and tires. So this way, we can make use of the wheel in case one of our tires is flat/bald or a wheel that is scratched up too much and needs to be replaced. I know BMW and Mercedez have an extra wheel and not a small donut spare tire.