Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
^^ lol Justin your the first person I see with the activity at 100%
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
is this really what the world is coming to???? no wonder we cant settle this!!!! your busy blasting me to the rest of the forum instead of trying to resolve our matter!?!?!?

FIRST AND FUCKIN FOREMOST, im not out to screw ANYBODY... my mother and father didnt raise me that way and i really take offense to that!!! nobody on here has the right to judge ANYBODY!!! I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING TO ANYBODY THAT I WOULDNT WANT DONE TO ME!!! EVER!!! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE!!! AND ITS NOT RIGHT!!!

Second, I LOVE THE WAY MY CAR LOOKS! and so I DONT WANT TO RETURN MY ADAPTORS AND WAIT FOR MY MONEY AND THEN GET ANOTHER SET OF ADAPTORS MADE!!! back in the one post where i was asking about additional adaptors was because my camber was at -2.5 and -3.5 and my wheels looked like they needed to come out more down the road as i just dropped 3-4k in the last month on wheels tires adaptors, coilovers, swaybars and camber kits on top of transmission sensors and a 12 pack of redline (all throught the internet i might add) and who the hell remembers what else... instead of wearing the shit out of tires, i went the camber kit route that ended up fixing the way she was sitting, and made the wheels practically flush, making the final offset PREFECT for me. this will be my daily eventually so i cant go all herrafrush with it... i already rub now with the oem camber specs... there is NO BUYERS REMORSE!!! the camber was the solution, not more spacers..

im really sorry in advance if this comes with attitude and anger, cuz thats really not me, but honestly im beyond fed up and im trying my hardest not to blow up and get all ignororant and say things outta anger n disgust...

in our conversations, i said we had a deal for 340 for the adaptors AND tire pressure sensors. the message before i said we had a deal, i specifically said i wanted the 300 dollar price to come down for the adaptors because NEW, they are 300 dollars fabbed to spec at a shop garunteeing fittment and i didnt want to risk spending the money on a second hand set of adaptors that might not fit that you bought who freakin knows BUT POSTED FOR SALE BACK IN JUNE 2010 https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780867 AS SEEN IN THE THREAD... (YOU ALSO COULDNT SELL THEM A YEAR LATER AS SHOWIN IN POST https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821096... i think thats legit, since you bought the wrong wheels, needing adaptors in the first place... so how was i supposed to know whether or not they worked... BUT ALL THAT IS STILL IRREVELENT IN OUR SITUATION, JUST A SIDE NOTE).. we agreed on a lump sum price. yes or no? because there was no meeting of the minds until we came with a lump sum price. i didnt want second hand adaptors off just anybody for FULL RETAIL PRICE... nobody does... thats why they sat for so long id imagine, right? the freakin invoice you put together also reflected a lump sum price of 350 for both items, AS AGREED BY BOTH PARTIES ORIGINALLY...

all that aside, what i dont understand, is where im being unreasonable... for whatever reason, the tire pressure sensors didnt work, not your trying to scam me or im trying to scam you. i asked mr xxxxx for a fair refund for the tire pressure sensors because we never specified a set price for each item, which is apparent up above, at least to me, the buyer... after all, im the one who got screwed so far, not MR XXXXX ... why do i have to buy a set of at least 2 year old adaptors second hand for the full retail price, and only get back 40 dollars for used tirepressure sensors that were supposed to work, theyre over 100 used? my education tells me that things depreciate in value over time, right? i guess im wrong about that too and a scumbag/scammer or whatever for asking for fair treatment...

the only reason i said i wanted to return everything was beause YOU WOUNLDNT GIVE ME an honest refund. guess what, i'da been just another one of the hundreds and hundreds of people that looked at your thread and just passed because of your bullshit prices. (the comments are even there... so i'm not alone on me feeling your prices were originally unrealistic). you posted the tpms for 150 with some straps which were sold separately. how much did you sell them for? (again, pretty damn steep in my honest opinion for the the condition of the stuff you ended up sending me, actually very steep) and if you have a tester, as i just found out, why didnt you disclose that one wasnt working? but anyways, my emotions are getting me off topic but whatever... i thought a forty dollar refund was sort of a slap in the face... especially after you costed me $120 and a half days pay for the inconvenience... they wanted to charge me 180 as mounting and balancing is 60 dollars a set, but i begged and pleaded with them to charge less because i needed it done THREE GOD DAMN TIMES!!! and im STILL waiting for an apology!!!!!!!!!!

if i could do it all over sam, i would have just stopped talking to you after you gave me attitude after i asked about the adaptors, as it was apparent that you were bothered by me even asking about them...but thats what i get trying to help a fellow member recoupe some money for stuff he couldnt use, OR SELL!!!
THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER GOOD REASON FOR ME TO TRUST MY GUT, AND WALK AWAY INSTEAD OF HANGIN AROUND FOR A COMPLETE LETDOWN...

but now i have to beg and plead to a freakin 36 year old who likes to bash new members because i asked for a more realistic refund. a member that when i was like "why does it feel like everytime you respond to me its with some sorta attitude" and your response was "LOL OH WELL" after all the time and money you costed me, you were only willing to go from 40 to 50 dollars? i still have to find a set of sensors and throw them on my stock wheels which is going to cost me how much to break down and put tires back on?????? wtf sam???? its obvious that you dont give a shit about anyone else but yourself. which is a sorry ass way to go through life...

i propose three options...

- you give me a fair price on my refund, something a little bit less than what used sensors go for, like 100, which is only 50 dollars more than you offered,
- you send me 3 working sensors
- we void the transaction all together and return all merchandise and money...

voiding the whole transaction was the last thing i wanted to do!!! i've already been put out enough!!! i spend THOUSANDS trying to put these wheels on, and you think i wanna fuckin take em off???? but you paint me out to be some fuckin lowlife who preys on the innocense of others because i feel like ive been treated like shit since we started talking about the stupid fuckin parts...

im new here, and boy what a way to welcome myself... the money really isnt important to me anymore but the issue of the way people are treated on here is... this is bullshit... sam i dont know what i did to you to deserve all this besides ask for a resonable solution to our problem, but obviously that was too much to ask for... thats why i was forced to go and contact paypal... step back and take a look at the situation. if i was you, and this is the gods hones truth so help me god, and you were me? id have gave you a hundred dollar refund no question asked ESPECIALLY after the damages i caused you because that would bother me, and unlike you, i actually have the heart and decency to sympathize with a FELLOW MEMBER who was put out because soemthing i sold wasnt of the quality or condition i made it out to be... and you better believe i woulda aplogized my ass off for all the shit i put u through...

i dont wanna hear another thing about my character, or my intentions, MY INTENTIONS WERE FAIRNESS!!!! for both parties!!! look at any post i ever put here... no matter how stupid the fuckin question or how many times its been asked, you'll never find one of my responses to say GO SEARCH!!! check the impala ss forum (same screenname), ford explorer forum (same screen name), gsxr1000 forum (same screenname), paypal (jhb23@drexel.edu), ebay (birdiebird420)... check it all, you wont find a negative thing about me because i DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!!!!! only ONCE IN MY LIFE besides this did i have to return something i bought online, and that was only because the seller sent me teh wrong part by accident... funny thing is, it didnt cost me a thing, and the seller paid for me to ship it back, then sold me the correct piece from the partout... to me, thats a fair and honest way to do things...

as a lesson to everyone else, when making a transaction with anyone, regardless of the seller... specify everything beforehand... dont do business with somebody who obviously doesnt give a shit about the person he or she is selling their stuff to... dont assume everyone is as honest as you are... this experience has been an absolute nightmare to the point where i just want to go in a corner and beat holes into the wall and scream till i pass out so i never have to hear the fuckin word adaptor or tire pressure sensor or samuel fucking xxxxx ever again...

agree/disagree whatever... i know in my mind and in my heart that i'm not being unfair, and im the one who got fucked... MR XXXX'S WORST CASE SCENARIO IS GETTING BACK HIS STUFF IN TEH EXACT SAME CONDITION HE SLOD THEM TO ME IN (and you'd probably sell them alot quicker if that ended being the case WHICH I HOPE ISNT!) if you were actually reasonalbe in ur prices... ) MY DAMAGES AS OF NOW? LETS RECAP

- $120 for all the tire mounting and balancing to date.
- $60 dollars for mounting and balancing my stock wheels after i finally get working sensors

..i cant even finish,... this is long enough and im abot to snap... sam please let me know how we can resolve this. teh paypal claim was only opened. i have to escelate it to get them involved if we cant do it as adults, which ive been trying to do since i recieved them, between the two of us, not the admins, paypal, and the rest of the community. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we just settle this?!?!?!! i dont have the heart to go on no more...

Last edited by Bearcat94; 02-04-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed personal info (last name)
Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
cliffs?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
I'm glad both sides of the story has been posted and I understand where you both are coming from. I think you both should settle this as adults and split the loss evenly. The hard part is to determine what is "fair and even".
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ agree!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TLDude876
I'm glad both sides of the story has been posted and I understand where you both are coming from. I think you both should settle this as adults and split the loss evenly. The hard part is to determine what is "fair and even".
I personally refrained from posting anything until I saw jerzydevil's rebuttal. I agree with TLdude, settle as adults and come to a mutual understanding.

if you want a 3rd party opinion: lights wants to pay $40, jerzydevil wants $100. be sensible, meet in the middle and go with $70-80.

at the end of the day though, I'm pretty disappointed how this was handled. I would like to assume that human beings have more respect for one another than to post a publicly viewed thread by an umpteen amount of viewers. there was no need to do such a thing, and in the end it's only $ and last time o checked you can't take it with you when you die...
The following 2 users liked this post by GoldenShoes:
alex's S (02-03-2012), jerzydevil609 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Advanced

and to the people that judged me before they even heard the second side fo the story, i think a little soul searching is in order...
Old 02-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Wow, this is some crazy shit. I've met with Mike in person and he's a stand up guy.

I'm sorry to both parties that this has happened. I think a lot of people here jumped the gun and started pointing fingers before both sides had been told.
The following users liked this post:
jerzydevil609 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
It clearly was posted that $40 was the price for sensors....your not entitled to a refund for the other stuff you installed....Take the $40 and be happy....those sensors are not over a hundred used
The following 2 users liked this post by Italiano:
06/ASMer (02-03-2012), spaceboy (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
and this is why we get the prices itemized if we get items lumped into one big purchase. No one knows the real value for each otherwise.

The fault lies with both parties on this one. I apologize for judging. +1 on meeting in the middle.

Last edited by ez12a; 02-03-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Wow, this is some crazy shit. I've met with Mike in person and he's a stand up guy.

I'm sorry to both parties that this has happened. I think a lot of people here jumped the gun and started pointing fingers before both sides had been told.
yeah tyler i def jumped the gun on this one... sorry jersey

but i still feel that you arent entitled to a full refund.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
What am I missing that those of you are saying 'we shouldn't have judged early without hearing both sides of the story...' I'm sorry- I haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet so someone help me understand. The OP clearly states what his prices are i.e 300 for brand new adaptors and 150 for used/damaged TPMS w/ extras.

In the PM's posted, a reasonable person can conclude that the price for the TPMS is 40.00. (total purchase price was 340 shipped)

Why should the buyer be given back more than $40? (that's assuming that no one on the buyer's end damaged the TPMS/ installed them incorrectly)
The following 7 users liked this post by ggesq:
06/ASMer (02-03-2012), crazyasiantl (02-03-2012), Flipster23 (02-03-2012), spaceboy (02-03-2012), SSM4DR (02-03-2012), TWiSDiT (02-03-2012), veggiemonster (02-03-2012) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
the overexplainer

the buyer didnt want to pay 300 (i.e. retail) for the adapters since you could apparently get them new elsewhere for the same price. So essentially, the buyer thought the adapters were discounted and the TPMS sensors were higher than the $40 the OP listed.

In the conversation between the buyer and seller, it was never stated explicitly that the sensors were $40. Basically, the seller wants to keep the full undiscounted $300 for the adapters.

I dont think, however, the buyer can receive a full refund.

Last edited by ez12a; 02-03-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
What am I missing that those of you are saying 'we shouldn't have judged early without hearing both sides of the story...' I'm sorry- I haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet so someone help me understand. The OP clearly states what his prices are i.e 300 for brand new adaptors and 150 for used/damaged TPMS w/ extras.

In the PM's posted, a reasonable person can conclude that the price for the TPMS is 40.00. (total purchase price was 340 shipped)

Why should the buyer be given back more than $40? (that's assuming that no one on the buyer's end damaged the TPMS/ installed them incorrectly)
^^This. Everything is pretty cut and dry to me. I can't figure out why everyone apologized for "judging" after Jerzy posted his side of the story and nothing changed I'm STILL with lights on this one. Jerzy just take your $40 and move on
The following 2 users liked this post by cpm06wdptl:
06/ASMer (02-03-2012), veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by jerzydevil609
is this really what the world is coming to???? no wonder we cant settle this!!!! your busy blasting me to the rest of the forum instead of trying to resolve our matter!?!?!?

FIRST AND FUCKIN FOREMOST, im not out to screw ANYBODY... my mother and father didnt raise me that way and i really take offense to that!!! nobody on here has the right to judge ANYBODY!!! I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING TO ANYBODY THAT I WOULDNT WANT DONE TO ME!!! EVER!!! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE!!! AND ITS NOT RIGHT!!!

Second, I LOVE THE WAY MY CAR LOOKS! and so I DONT WANT TO RETURN MY ADAPTORS AND WAIT FOR MY MONEY AND THEN GET ANOTHER SET OF ADAPTORS MADE!!! back in the one post where i was asking about additional adaptors was because my camber was at -2.5 and -3.5 and my wheels looked like they needed to come out more down the road as i just dropped 3-4k in the last month on wheels tires adaptors, coilovers, swaybars and camber kits on top of transmission sensors and a 12 pack of redline (all throught the internet i might add) and who the hell remembers what else... instead of wearing the shit out of tires, i went the camber kit route that ended up fixing the way she was sitting, and made the wheels practically flush, making the final offset PREFECT for me. this will be my daily eventually so i cant go all herrafrush with it... i already rub now with the oem camber specs... there is NO BUYERS REMORSE!!! the camber was the solution, not more spacers..

im really sorry in advance if this comes with attitude and anger, cuz thats really not me, but honestly im beyond fed up and im trying my hardest not to blow up and get all ignororant and say things outta anger n disgust...

in our conversations, i said we had a deal for 340 for the adaptors AND tire pressure sensors. the message before i said we had a deal, i specifically said i wanted the 300 dollar price to come down for the adaptors because NEW, they are 300 dollars fabbed to spec at a shop garunteeing fittment and i didnt want to risk spending the money on a second hand set of adaptors that might not fit that you bought who freakin knows BUT POSTED FOR SALE BACK IN JUNE 2010 https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780867 AS SEEN IN THE THREAD... (YOU ALSO COULDNT SELL THEM A YEAR LATER AS SHOWIN IN POST https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821096... i think thats legit, since you bought the wrong wheels, needing adaptors in the first place... so how was i supposed to know whether or not they worked... BUT ALL THAT IS STILL IRREVELENT IN OUR SITUATION, JUST A SIDE NOTE).. we agreed on a lump sum price. yes or no? because there was no meeting of the minds until we came with a lump sum price. i didnt want second hand adaptors off just anybody for FULL RETAIL PRICE... nobody does... thats why they sat for so long id imagine, right? the freakin invoice you put together also reflected a lump sum price of 350 for both items, AS AGREED BY BOTH PARTIES ORIGINALLY...

all that aside, what i dont understand, is where im being unreasonable... for whatever reason, the tire pressure sensors didnt work, not your trying to scam me or im trying to scam you. i asked mr ng for a fair refund for the tire pressure sensors because we never specified a set price for each item, which is apparent up above, at least to me, the buyer... after all, im the one who got screwed so far, not MR NG... why do i have to buy a set of at least 2 year old adaptors second hand for the full retail price, and only get back 40 dollars for used tirepressure sensors that were supposed to work, theyre over 100 used? my education tells me that things depreciate in value over time, right? i guess im wrong about that too and a scumbag/scammer or whatever for asking for fair treatment...

the only reason i said i wanted to return everything was beause YOU WOUNLDNT GIVE ME an honest refund. guess what, i'da been just another one of the hundreds and hundreds of people that looked at your thread and just passed because of your bullshit prices. (the comments are even there... so i'm not alone on me feeling your prices were originally unrealistic). you posted the tpms for 150 with some straps which were sold separately. how much did you sell them for? (again, pretty damn steep in my honest opinion for the the condition of the stuff you ended up sending me, actually very steep) and if you have a tester, as i just found out, why didnt you disclose that one wasnt working? but anyways, my emotions are getting me off topic but whatever... i thought a forty dollar refund was sort of a slap in the face... especially after you costed me $120 and a half days pay for the inconvenience... they wanted to charge me 180 as mounting and balancing is 60 dollars a set, but i begged and pleaded with them to charge less because i needed it done THREE GOD DAMN TIMES!!! and im STILL waiting for an apology!!!!!!!!!!

if i could do it all over sam, i would have just stopped talking to you after you gave me attitude after i asked about the adaptors, as it was apparent that you were bothered by me even asking about them...but thats what i get trying to help a fellow member recoupe some money for stuff he couldnt use, OR SELL!!!
THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER GOOD REASON FOR ME TO TRUST MY GUT, AND WALK AWAY INSTEAD OF HANGIN AROUND FOR A COMPLETE LETDOWN...

but now i have to beg and plead to a freakin 36 year old who likes to bash new members because i asked for a more realistic refund. a member that when i was like "why does it feel like everytime you respond to me its with some sorta attitude" and your response was "LOL OH WELL" after all the time and money you costed me, you were only willing to go from 40 to 50 dollars? i still have to find a set of sensors and throw them on my stock wheels which is going to cost me how much to break down and put tires back on?????? wtf sam???? its obvious that you dont give a shit about anyone else but yourself. which is a sorry ass way to go through life...

i propose three options...

- you give me a fair price on my refund, something a little bit less than what used sensors go for, like 100, which is only 50 dollars more than you offered,
- you send me 3 working sensors
- we void the transaction all together and return all merchandise and money...

voiding the whole transaction was the last thing i wanted to do!!! i've already been put out enough!!! i spend THOUSANDS trying to put these wheels on, and you think i wanna fuckin take em off???? but you paint me out to be some fuckin lowlife who preys on the innocense of others because i feel like ive been treated like shit since we started talking about the stupid fuckin parts...

im new here, and boy what a way to welcome myself... the money really isnt important to me anymore but the issue of the way people are treated on here is... this is bullshit... sam i dont know what i did to you to deserve all this besides ask for a resonable solution to our problem, but obviously that was too much to ask for... thats why i was forced to go and contact paypal... step back and take a look at the situation. if i was you, and this is the gods hones truth so help me god, and you were me? id have gave you a hundred dollar refund no question asked ESPECIALLY after the damages i caused you because that would bother me, and unlike you, i actually have the heart and decency to sympathize with a FELLOW MEMBER who was put out because soemthing i sold wasnt of the quality or condition i made it out to be... and you better believe i woulda aplogized my ass off for all the shit i put u through...

i dont wanna hear another thing about my character, or my intentions, MY INTENTIONS WERE FAIRNESS!!!! for both parties!!! look at any post i ever put here... no matter how stupid the fuckin question or how many times its been asked, you'll never find one of my responses to say GO SEARCH!!! check the impala ss forum (same screenname), ford explorer forum (same screen name), gsxr1000 forum (same screenname), paypal (jhb23@drexel.edu), ebay (birdiebird420)... check it all, you wont find a negative thing about me because i DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!!!!! only ONCE IN MY LIFE besides this did i have to return something i bought online, and that was only because the seller sent me teh wrong part by accident... funny thing is, it didnt cost me a thing, and the seller paid for me to ship it back, then sold me the correct piece from the partout... to me, thats a fair and honest way to do things...

as a lesson to everyone else, when making a transaction with anyone, regardless of the seller... specify everything beforehand... dont do business with somebody who obviously doesnt give a shit about the person he or she is selling their stuff to... dont assume everyone is as honest as you are... this experience has been an absolute nightmare to the point where i just want to go in a corner and beat holes into the wall and scream till i pass out so i never have to hear the fuckin word adaptor or tire pressure sensor or samuel fucking ng ever again...

agree/disagree whatever... i know in my mind and in my heart that i'm not being unfair, and im the one who got fucked... MR NG'S WORST CASE SCENARIO IS GETTING BACK HIS STUFF IN TEH EXACT SAME CONDITION HE SLOD THEM TO ME IN (and you'd probably sell them alot quicker if that ended being the case WHICH I HOPE ISNT!) if you were actually reasonalbe in ur prices... ) MY DAMAGES AS OF NOW? LETS RECAP

- $120 for all the tire mounting and balancing to date.
- $60 dollars for mounting and balancing my stock wheels after i finally get working sensors

..i cant even finish,... this is long enough and im abot to snap... sam please let me know how we can resolve this. teh paypal claim was only opened. i have to escelate it to get them involved if we cant do it as adults, which ive been trying to do since i recieved them, between the two of us, not the admins, paypal, and the rest of the community. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we just settle this?!?!?!! i dont have the heart to go on no more...
I usually don't quote such long post, but...

First of all, next time don't change the fuc***** font.

Secondly, the adapters were BRAND NEW. I don't care if it has been in the garage for 10 years-- it is still new.

Next, I don't care what you think, but the seller is NEVER responsible for labor (unless it is paid for through them), so I don't know what you're smoking. As a buyer, you take a RISK on every transaction.

Therefore, a "Lump Sum" price is not the case in this matter. The lump sum came through the asking price of the adapters which was $300 as stated by the seller. The reason for this is because HE DID say he will add the TPMS for an extra $40.

In conclusion, I think the most reasonable and logical way to do this is to return the TPMS and get the $50 refund. In no way should he pay for the labor or some 'fixed' amount because you feel like you're getting scammed. You have nothing to justify getting anything more(not even labor as stated above). Suck it up. You like the adapters, but are going all out on the sensors. With your logic, you got normal price for the adapters. So you didn't lose or gain anything. You lost most of your money from the TPMS. Get the refund for the TPMS. The seller most likely sold you all the items in perfect condition, but there is some circumstances where TPMS fails after taking them out. This is a mechanical issue, not a seller issue.

I just installed a Navigation system through a member. Spent a lot of money on Labor to realize the harness didn't work. Did I go crazy? I took the risk buying and was full-aware of what I was buying. Sent the harness to Martin and he fixed it for $150. On top of buying a $1500 system, I spent another $500 for install and to fix the harness. I'm not saying it was the same situation, but it can be compared.

Good luck.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 02-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by TheChamp531:
06/ASMer (02-03-2012), Imageless83 (02-03-2012), TWiSDiT (02-03-2012), veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Drifting

word^^^^^
Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by ez12a
the buyer didnt want to pay 300 (i.e. retail) for the adapters since you could apparently get them new elsewhere for the same price. So essentially, the buyer thought the adapters were discounted and the TPMS sensors were higher than the $40 the OP listed.

In the conversation between the buyer and seller, it was never stated explicitly that the sensors were $40. Basically, the seller wants to keep the full undiscounted $300 for the adapters.

I don't know how the Buyer would come to that conclusion based on the PM's exchanged. Look at the PM's in proper sequence. The Seller clearly states the price for the brand new adapters are 300 shipped. After the Buyer questioned the Seller about adaptability the Seller stated he would throw in the TPMS for 340 shipped.
veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Drifting

This^^^^^^^
Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM

word^^^^^
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Drifting

its actually Werd...lol
Old 02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
this is so cut and dry. jersey, you are over stepping your bounds HEAVILY on your refund request.

look dude, you fucked up. you quoted pricing, and then agreed. you're labor costs are on you. they just plain are. the work would have always been done to get them installed...

you can get your $50 back, that is fair. he's willing to give you ALL the fees back from a $340 transaction, for a $40 return. that's pretty nice if you ask me.

second, those spacers were not used. they were brand new. your paypal dispute is a scumbag move.

seller very clearly stated and pictured everything, and even helped you out with easily searchable questions. i don't know how you can act like an expert on spacer/adapter condition when you can't visually identify a hubcentric ring.

i've had a total of over 20k in forum transactions and have seen plenty of people like jersey lose these arguments.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Drifting

the seller says final offer. the buyer says, 'well i don't want to pay that because (insert non applicable complaint of..) they are used'

'they aren't used, but i'll include something worth about $100, for only an extra $40'

'you have a deal'

he got a synthetically lower price on the adapters for a better deal to get TPMS sensors. he can't expect to decide what the seller would have gone down to if he hadn't said deal.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
the overexplainer

Originally Posted by ggesq
I don't know how the Buyer would come to that conclusion based on the PM's exchanged. Look at the PM's in proper sequence. The Seller clearly states the price for the brand new adapters are 300 shipped. After the Buyer questioned the Seller about adaptability the Seller stated he would throw in the TPMS for 340 shipped.
I think this is where the confusion took place. The buyer assumed (wrongly) and inferred the additional $40 was TPMS and a discounted adapter. In this case, I suppose the seller is entitled to keep the full $300, unfortunately because the prices were not itemized the buyer has no case.

Last edited by ez12a; 02-03-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
SuckS

I've never sided with anyone from new jersey, lol... He deserves more than $40 if you ask me. Extra $120 plus $40 for sensors is 160, split down the middle is $80

Who is to say the shop didn't break them, well who is to say they weren't broken in the first place!!

The price was 340 for both, and that came after he asked for the $300 price to come down, so how do you know how the seller came up with the $340... He didnt say if you pay 300 ill give u sensors for 40...

Was the buyer supposed to clarify it and say hey dude,"is that 300 for the adapter and 40 for the sensors? Or 280 and 60, or 260 and 80? I need to know incase something doesn't work for my refund??"

SN is jerseydevil tho. Would you hire a babysitters whose screen name is childbeater1... I'm just messing around, GO DREXEL
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts

i agree with thechamp; every transaction is a risk and there is no real way to prove if the TPMS were bad before or after the seller shipped them. Also could have been damaged by the tech at whatever shop the buyer got them installed at; as not everyone has experience with tpms sensors. Adaptors should be out of this discussion overall; they were new; he bought them-deal with it. enough specs were stated. Seems the dilemma is over TPMS and labor charges( which are not necessarily fair to anyone because where the buyer decides to install his parts is entirely his decision and can't be put on the seller)
Basically it seems to me like he's asking for a "goodwill" refund..
The following 2 users liked this post by Project_CLean:
alex's S (02-03-2012), jerzydevil609 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM

I think this is where the confusion took place. The buyer assumed (wrongly) and inferred the additional $40 was TPMS and a discounted adapter.
Which shouldn't have happened. The buyer's ignorance assumed that the adapters were cheaper because it was 'old'.

Before you think I'm taking sides jerzeydevil, I'm not.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FCVadi
Just my theory on why Ron A and other Moderators want this out there is to caution people about this type of stuff...

...this thread is a warning to sellers and buyers to beware of scrupulous people who do not have good intentions... this time the seller is getting screwed.. but imagine if it was the buyer getting screwed? imagine if jerzey was a seller.. would you trust his ilk?
It's quite possible - but look at the harm it's doing. It's devisive and there is absolutely nothing to be gained by allowing - sorry, forcing - the participants in a private dispute to vent their spleens in public like this.

This is exactly the opposite behaviour that mod's ought to be encouraging. Just my ...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by VicTL06
It's quite possible - but look at the harm it's doing. It's devisive and there is absolutely nothing to be gained by allowing - sorry, forcing - the participants in a private dispute to vent their spleens in public like this.

This is exactly the opposite behaviour that mod's ought to be encouraging. Just my ...
It goes both ways I think.

This is a public board. They're not necessarily encouraging this, but they are allowing it, which I think is perfectly fine.

There is no harm having a civil discussion.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by VicTL06

This thread is basically a reference thread, nothing wrong with this dispute being brought to light... I was actually surprised that AZ didn't have a "References" section added to the BM when I first joined. Like OP said:

I want you guys to know that I am not here to scam people and I'm here long enough to know that (joined since 2002).
He's posting this because jerzydevil609 is out hunting for him, and that OP is warning other members that there is a dispute going on... If there was any other member looking to buy or sell from these guys, I'm sure they would want to know if there was anything out of the ordinary occurring.

He's throwing out his side of the story, and now jerzydevil has thrown his side out as well... No private information was revealed, no addresses or phone numbers, so it seems pretty safe to say that this thread is working its purpose, as we now have a response from both sides that all members of the community can see.

I am a member of a tennis forum, and we have a References section:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

You can see all the disputed transactions stickied at the top of the page - there is no hiding for those who want to sway from their original terms of agreement.

Not going to take sides here, but at least I know that any BM post by these two will be reviewed carefully in the future, even if they have good intentions.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Drifting

^^ here's a car forum with a feedback section. NOTE: this is for shops, buyer's, and sellers
http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumd...-Shop-Feedback
Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jerzy take the 40 and be happy....it don't matter how long they've been in the garage laying around....on pictures they look new....
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Mdumanski01
I've never sided with anyone from new jersey, lol... He deserves more than $40 if you ask me. Extra $120 plus $40 for sensors is 160, split down the middle is $80

Who is to say the shop didn't break them, well who is to say they weren't broken in the first place!!

The price was 340 for both, and that came after he asked for the $300 price to come down, so how do you know how the seller came up with the $340... He didnt say if you pay 300 ill give u sensors for 40...

Was the buyer supposed to clarify it and say hey dude,"is that 300 for the adapter and 40 for the sensors? Or 280 and 60, or 260 and 80? I need to know incase something doesn't work for my refund??"

SN is jerseydevil tho. Would you hire a babysitters whose screen name is childbeater1... I'm just messing around, GO DREXEL

You're absolutely right but.....that's the risk you take as a buyer to save a lot of money. If you don't want that risk than go buy the stuff full price at the dealer. People need to understand you cant have your cake and eat it too. This so clear cut to me. $40 refund and he returns the sensors. He's responsible for shipping. Anything extra is just lights being nice.

I'm pretty surprised at a few people thinking he should receive more money back.
The following 2 users liked this post by Elegant TYPE S:
crazyasiantl (02-03-2012), Imageless83 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Yeah and this whole not new thing is just a blatant attempt from the buyer to make his case stick with PayPal or whatever. It's clear as night and day they are new.
veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Advanced

... if everybody wasnt judging me and throwing my name around, i never would have even contributed to this discussion... i almost feel like deleting my account and saying fuck it.. but i dont think its fair to me that i have to remove myself from the group of people on here that like talking about our prides n joys and try to contribute to the communitiy i joind in a respectful manner...

u wanna know whats sad? this stupid ass thread got almost 1000 hits in what, a day? not even... and how many people so far had to chime in based on their opinions and pervious situations? we're already at 2 pages... wonder how much further itll go... why does trash like this get all the attention instead of something in the fuckin problem and fixes section where people actually need your responses and input!?!?!!

how bout visiting my thread or one of the countless posts with no responses...

i actually need help from my fellow forum members? but i've been left hanging to fend for myself... im really glad everyone enjoyed the show tho...

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/after-heavily-modded-weekend-cel-p145c-p0497-codes-please-help-846228/

last time i checked, the forum was for enthuasists to get together and discuss ideas for mods, reviews on products, and get to the bottom of any problems or fixes for teh betterment of the community that we make up...

maybe im some stupid fuckin doe-eyed 27 year old who hasnt been smacked in the mouth enough by reality, but im really getting sad and discouraged with the direction that the world and the people in it are heading...

THERE SHOULD BE NO FUCKING SIDES TO THIS!!! SAM AND I WERE BOTH UNCLEAR ABOUT THE SALE, BOTH DYING FOR IT TO GO THROUGH FOR THE OBVIOUS REASONS, AND WHEN THE PROBLEM AROSE, WE SHOULD HAVE HANDLED IT LIKE GROWNUPS IN PRIVATE!! TO A MUTUALLY AGREEABLE RESOLUTION, CASE CLOSED!!!

the ONLY comments that should have been posted here are that "you two need to settle this like grownups."

sam, im sorry for whatever part i played in this going south... if i spoke out of being upset and came on strong at all during any part of our transaction, i apologize fully. if i interpreted the things you said incorrectly or read them wrong, im sorry for that as well! can we please reslove this?

i hope for the sake of the quality of this forum that nobody else contributes to this crap... posts like this are the z-1 of our community... spend your time and energy helping your fellow members and sharing ideas! thanks moderators for the work you do to keep this site up and running, but honestly you guys need to wake up as to whats good and bad for the community... thats your job too...

i dont even think im mad anymore about the stupid fucking sensors or the damn refund... just really really disappointed with the way this turned out... and i know 75% of the shit people write on here wouldnt come out of your mouth in person so why do it here? just cuz u can? seriously... lets turn this place aroudn people... thanks...
Old 02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
take the 40 and get on with it
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
As long as the thread remains civil and there is a dispute, it will remain open. You both have made your cases. I think Paypal should hear both sides too.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 5,885 Likes on 2,900 Posts
Originally Posted by jerzydevil609
... if everybody wasnt judging me and throwing my name around, i never would have even contributed to this discussion... i almost feel like deleting my account and saying fuck it.. but i dont think its fair to me that i have to remove myself from the group of people on here that like talking about our prides n joys and try to contribute to the communitiy i joind in a respectful manner...

u wanna know whats sad? this stupid ass thread got almost 1000 hits in what, a day? not even... and how many people so far had to chime in based on their opinions and pervious situations? we're already at 2 pages... wonder how much further itll go... why does trash like this get all the attention instead of something in the fuckin problem and fixes section where people actually need your responses and input!?!?!!

how bout visiting my thread or one of the countless posts with no responses...

i actually need help from my fellow forum members? but i've been left hanging to fend for myself... im really glad everyone enjoyed the show tho...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846228

last time i checked, the forum was for enthuasists to get together and discuss ideas for mods, reviews on products, and get to the bottom of any problems or fixes for teh betterment of the community that we make up...

maybe im some stupid fuckin doe-eyed 27 year old who hasnt been smacked in the mouth enough by reality, but im really getting sad and discouraged with the direction that the world and the people in it are heading...

THERE SHOULD BE NO FUCKING SIDES TO THIS!!! SAM AND I WERE BOTH UNCLEAR ABOUT THE SALE, BOTH DYING FOR IT TO GO THROUGH FOR THE OBVIOUS REASONS, AND WHEN THE PROBLEM AROSE, WE SHOULD HAVE HANDLED IT LIKE GROWNUPS IN PRIVATE!! TO A MUTUALLY AGREEABLE RESOLUTION, CASE CLOSED!!!

the ONLY comments that should have been posted here are that "you two need to settle this like grownups."

sam, im sorry for whatever part i played in this going south... if i spoke out of being upset and came on strong at all during any part of our transaction, i apologize fully. if i interpreted the things you said incorrectly or read them wrong, im sorry for that as well! can we please reslove this?

i hope for the sake of the quality of this forum that nobody else contributes to this crap... posts like this are the z-1 of our community... spend your time and energy helping your fellow members and sharing ideas! thanks moderators for the work you do to keep this site up and running, but honestly you guys need to wake up as to whats good and bad for the community... thats your job too...

i dont even think im mad anymore about the stupid fucking sensors or the damn refund... just really really disappointed with the way this turned out... and i know 75% of the shit people write on here wouldnt come out of your mouth in person so why do it here? just cuz u can? seriously... lets turn this place aroudn people... thanks...
Is this supposed to help with something? If it was, it didn't.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
take the 50 and go bro.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
just when i thought crybaby only exists in kindergarden....
Attached Thumbnails Problem with member named jerzydevil609-72511_441536037212_555142212_5865347_1054488_n.jpg  

Last edited by spaceboy; 02-03-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: pix
Old 02-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Mods please close this thread before I slay him.

How ignorant can this guy be? He wants to end the thread but bash every member here? Complains that we don't go to the "Problem and Fixes" instead? And than he has the audacity to say that we won't say it in person cause we're scared or something? Really? GTFO

You did get something right at least. Maybe you need to be slapped by a... Crab, shark, rockstar, a champ, or a TLgirl, but you'd still be innacurate.

Quick Reply: Problem with member named jerzydevil609