Sponsored by:

Problem with member named jerzydevil609

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs down Problem with member named jerzydevil609

Hi guys,

From Ron A's request, I'm posting a new thread regarding a case, which I don't feel responsible for what happened. BE PREPARE THIS WILL BE A LONG READ!!! I'll highlight some words in red, which I think it's very important in this case.

I was accused of scamming John aka jerzydevil609 for selling a set of used TPMS that he claimed 3 of 4 were not working.

Here's my for sale thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/various-items-3g-tl-836649/

I'd like to post everything from beginning to end here to let you guys see since I did not like the way I dealt business with him.

End of December 2011, he PMed me regarding the adapters he was interested since he got his MDX rims. He had some questions regarding them and with all the questions answered he pulled the trigger on purchasing them.

Originally Posted by jerzydevil609
Originally Posted by lights
so i got the mdx wheels. do you still have those adaptors? question though, as far as the lug bolt sizes, did you get the holes on the adaptor spec'd to fit the tl and the lug bolts on the adaptor to spec with the mdx wheels? also are they hubcentric?
they were made for me to put my MDX rims before. so they fit our TL perfectly.

you should have nothing to worry about. these are HIGH quality custom made adapters by a very good company.

I still have them. I can do $300US shipped to you.

Paypal ready. Let me know.
Sam
but are they hubcentric? if not, im not interested.... i was also curious about the lug bolts and holes because if they're too big/small, its going to ride like shit, so i was hoping you'd have that answer for me. i'd also like to see that price come down some... i can get em new and custom made to spec for 300 so what's the lowest you'll take.. let me know because i would like to order something soon... thanks and i look forward to hearing from you!!
of course they're hubcentric. look at the pictures of the adapters, front view. do you see that circular ring that stick out in the center? again, they were made to fit for our TL perfectly. why would they not have them made without hubcentric? it's straight forward and that's why they're expensive.

again, they're brand new. i can include the (4) used TPMS for $340US shipped.

that's my final offer.

let me know,
sam

ok... you got urself a deal sir! whats the paypal info?
so you see there, he accepted the offer, which is the brand new adapters for $300+$40 for 4 used TPMS.

After I came back from my vacation, he PMed me saying that 3 of 4 TPMS he received were not working.

shipped out today, they said they should arrive by the end of week. (4 business days)

tracking number is XXXXXXXXX
by canada post.

sam
so i got your package yesterday. 3 of the 4 tpms didnt work?! i found out after they were mounted with the tires on my new wheels, and i had to break those down, break down my stock wheels and put them back together, then remount my good ones on the new wheels. thats 120 dollars worth of extra breaking down tires on top of whatever i had to pay for them. i want to return them and also i want some money back. please respond asap so that we can work this out withouth getting anyone else involved. thanks.
hi john,
i just got back from my cruise vacation.

all 4 tpms were in working condition and read properly when i had them on my other rims until i took them off since one fell off inside and was damaged physically (it was still reading properly inside the tire).

i don't know what to say if 3 of 4 weren't reading properly on your end. I can return the $40US back to you for the TPMS if you wish. As you know i was selling the adapters for $300US shipped and I've offered you $340US shipped with the 4 TPMS.
i don't need you to return them to me.

as you know from my for sale threads, i don't sell junks and i haven't had any bad rating at all.

i've CCed Ron on this matter so i don't want you to feel that i've taken your money in a wrong manner.

let me know,
sam
thanks for finally getting back to me. i was beginning to think i wi wasnt going to hear back from you. i'm sorry, but 40 dollars is unacceptable. why do i have to pay 300 dollars for a used set of adaptors and 40 dollars for 1 working tpms when it was supposed to be four, not to mention i had to pay an extra 120 dollars worth of breaking down tires because 3 of the 4 sensors you sent me didnt work. I STILL have to get a set now and break down my stock wheels AGAIN and remount them which will hopefully only cost me 40 dollars since i brough.

if your not willing to work with me on the cost, i want to return everything and be refunded the 340 i sent you and i'll send everything back. let me know what you're willing to refund me and we'll take it from there. if you think i'm being unreasonable or unfair, please put urself in my shoes.
As you guys can see, he claimed that my adapters were used???? I have posted detailed pictures of the items on my for sale thread and I am not sure if he even saw them. No question asked, I offered him $40US back for the TPMS, but he wanted $120US instead.

So I replied him....
The adapters were brand new, not used. I don't know what you're talking about used adapters. The adapters were for sale for $300US shipped brand new!

As I said, all 4 tpms were in working condition and read properly. I basically sold you the four tpms for $40US. That's what i'll refund you in this case. How do I know if your installer actually damaged them??

You've got to be kidding when you want to refund something I sold brand new here. I'm not a retail store here. You're the first person I actually come across here on acurazine that's demanding a refund on something I've sold.

You're already installed the adapters and I definitely DO NOT want them back.

Maybe Ron should have a saying on this case.

Sam
and then he replied me with this.....
i guess it was my mistake trusting a fellow acurazine member. did you make the adaptors? no... they were used... who buys used stuff for the full price. give me a break. u dont want them back cuz you couldnt sell them for what, two years? cmon now.... i wasnt born yesterday. i bought a used set of adaptors and a used set of tpms thinking they would all work for 340. i ended up spending 340 plus 120 for three tire breakdowns and i still need another one for my stock wheels! this is bullshit! the installer didnt do anything to them. they looked like somebody beat em with a sledge hammer. now if you dont want to be fair, i dont want to do any business with you and i want my money back. we can talk with ron, we can talk with paypal, its whatever.... honestly, i wish after the first time u showed ur character after i was asking about the stuff that i just walked away from the sale... stupid me right??!! how would you feel if somebody pulled this shit with you? take ur "new" adaptors back and sell ur jacked up sensors to somebody else for whatever you think is fair... everything will be returned in the exact same condition that you sent it and if u feel otherwise, we can take it from there...
I got really annoyed after that and replied to his comments...
there's nothing wrong with the adapters and they were BRAND NEW!! do you not understand this? I posted this on my for sale thread. go READ again!!

the only problem you have now is the TPMS which you claim 3 of them weren't working. I have detail pictures of each one on my for sale thread as well. If you can't see their condition, it's not my fault.

how can i be the one trying to scam you? I sold everything according to what i posted here.

i remember now, you're the one who gave me the wrong paypal address the first time. nice dealing business with you eh?

don't tell me the adapters are not what you wanted. you probably want to go other direction and don't want them anymore and just want to return everything. if you don't want them, go sell them yourself.

i'm done explaining myself.

sam
So as you guys can see, I've already offered him money back for the TPMS without even trying to find out how they were broken, but he insisted more money from me and claimed that my adapters were used.

Now he has disputed under paypal asking me for $100US refund....

Originally Posted by paypal
john bXXXXXX has opened a dispute for the payment made on Dec 31, 2011
indicating that the item they received did not match the original
description.

john bXXXXXX has requested a $100.00 USD refund.
I replied him with refund of $40US+$10 paypal fee from the original price, now I'm waiting on his reply if he accept it or not....even those TPMS were in working condition when I took them out of my TL.

I want you guys to know that I am not here to scam people and I'm here long enough to know that (joined since 2002).

I want John to tell me how he determined those TPMS were broken and what process he did to install them. From what i know, there were reading fine.
Maybe he can take some pictures as well.

Thanks for reading guys,
Sam
Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
:shakehead

He doesn't get it.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
The adapters look new to me
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Well, at least the cruise was good?
The following users liked this post:
lights (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
sub'd
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Engineer

Here's a link of him having his rims happily installed with adapters.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/how-hard-would-make-mdx-wheels-work-834166/

All this for 3 TPMS he claimed didn't work. If they didn't work, I wouldn't be selling them. I would just throw them out after I took them off my TL. I know for a fact that they were working.

Now I wish I didn't sell him the TPMS with the adapters, but even with adapters alone, he would probably tell me that they were used and not new. (As what he requested on paypal now).
Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
I like the way John types.

Also like the fact that he has devil in his screen name.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Well.... its the risk of doing business online and he should accept that. I mean it was clearly stated before the sale was made that you were only charging him $40 for the TPMS sensors so that is all that should be refunded. He chose to take the risk of only paying $40 for TPMS sensors when we all know they run about $100+ but for whatever reason they didn't work or got damaged in shipping or what not. That's the risk he chose to take to save money and ended up losing instead of making.

Simply put..I would be very pissed if I was him as well ... but as per the sale it was clearly stated that you were only charging him $40 for the TPMS. So that's all he should get back. These are the 2 option that I see:

1. Refund $40 for the TPMS but he must return those TPMS sensors
2. Refund full amount but he must return all wheels and TPMS.

Shipping responsibility is on the buyer. Simple as that. You can let him decide. Paypal is notorious of siding with the buyer so I would make sure you state those two options in the message boards so you make yourself known to the paypal dispute team that you were willing to refund the entire purchase if he returns all items.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
^Agree with everything you just said, but why should he offer to refund the full amount? The adapters are no longer new. Sam should only offer to refund the money for the TPMS.
ABP_04TL (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
I'm waiting for jerzydevil609's defense
Bearcat94 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

And also in his defense about the TPMS sensors not working... I'm not surprised that they didn't work because.. I had that happen to me 2x. Gave my rim in for repair and first time I got it back the TPMS didn't work .. and I though the installer busted it up. I had a spare so no biggie, he just popped that in.

Second time I did the same thing.. but this time I told him I want the TPMS sensor in hand so that this way it doesn't get damaged and I watched him pull it out and hand it to me .. only for it not to work again afterwards. So these TPMS sensors don't like to be taken off and on constantly.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by akplaya92
^Agree with everything you just said, but why should he offer to refund the full amount? The adapters are no longer new. Sam should only offer to refund the money for the TPMS.
Because that's the risk that the seller takes in making online sales. Just like the buyer takes the risk of stuff not working.. return shipping and stuff. Also it wasn't clearly stated that it was final sale or there would be some sort of (for lack of better word) "restocking fee" in any of the PM's so you can only go based on that.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
So did you send him the bands and brackets along with the sensors? I would suspect the shop probably did the install wrong. If the bands came loose from the barrels or the sensors came loose from brackets they would roll around inside the wheel/tire assembly and be destroyed.

Kind of odd that he posted pictures of the MDX wheels on the car and they have TPMS stems sticking out of the wheels when one of the sensors you sent him could not have been installed that way.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by DaeHanMeenGuk
I'm waiting for jerzydevil609's defense
^^ Where are you hiding
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude
So did you send him the bands and brackets along with the sensors? I would suspect the shop probably did the install wrong. If the bands came loose from the barrels or the sensors came loose from brackets they would roll around inside the wheel/tire assembly and be destroyed.

Why would he need bands and brackets? They're an Acura OE wheel, shouldn't the TPMS fit the stems?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Well.... its the risk of doing business online and he should accept that. I mean it was clearly stated before the sale was made that you were only charging him $40 for the TPMS sensors so that is all that should be refunded. He chose to take the risk of only paying $40 for TPMS sensors when we all know they run about $100+ but for whatever reason they didn't work or got damaged in shipping or what not. That's the risk he chose to take to save money and ended up losing instead of making.

Simply put..I would be very pissed if I was him as well ... but as per the sale it was clearly stated that you were only charging him $40 for the TPMS. So that's all he should get back. These are the 2 option that I see:

1. Refund $40 for the TPMS but he must return those TPMS sensors
2. Refund full amount but he must return all wheels and TPMS.

Shipping responsibility is on the buyer. Simple as that. You can let him decide. Paypal is notorious of siding with the buyer so I would make sure you state those two options in the message boards so you make yourself known to the paypal dispute team that you were willing to refund the entire purchase if he returns all items.
thanks for the input.

I would definitely wait for the items to be returned, inspect them myself before i refund fully IF that's that case. I'll also have a TPMS tester to make sure 3 of the 4 TPMS are broken here.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Why would he need bands and brackets? They're an Acura OE wheel, shouldn't the TPMS fit the stems?
one of the TPMS was physically damaged as indicated CLEARLY on my for sale thread, that one TPMS would not fit the stem from what I know.

the buyer should know that as well before buying.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Truth is hes not happy with the offsets he achieved from the adapters, that is why he is asking for a refund this what he posted in the other thread. It's just obvious. Looks to me like hes the one scamming you and he used them. 40% restocking fee should be charged. in other words Buyers Remorse..below
i bought the adapters off of "lights..." on the black market... he also posted in this thread...

you're right about the studs... idk why i was worried about gettin extended studs off the car's hubs... i think i was over thinking just a lil bit... as far as the new studs coming off the adaptor in the 5x120 pattern, i was a little concerned about the size of those studs.... reason for that concern was a shitty ride if the studs were say too narrow or something, or too fat and didnt pass through the wheel (unlikely probably, just my paranoia since history taught me alotta lessons the hard way on past cars and motorcycles smh)

i'm not really concerned with this setup workingtoo much any more.. im pretty sure im good to go now with everyones input (knock on wood)... BUT, say they're still a lil too sunk in for my liking, anybody got enough experience with these things to know if its a bad idea to put like a 5mm spacer in addition to the 15mm adaptor, just thinkin ahead, or am i beat and gotta get 20mm adaptors made?
and now... the moment we've all been waiting for... just remember, u seen it here first!! lol... most of the pics still had the stock wheels, my 3 ton jack, and my tools in the trunk, so the back looks kinda lower... tires are 215/35/19 falken 452's, and i got 15mm spacers, bringing the offset out from +45 to +30... i'm 90% thrilled with it, no rubbing no nothing, but i definitely see myself going more agressive with the offsets in the future... sorry for the iphone pics, but thats as good as its gonna get lol, but i'll clean her up hopefully today or tomorrow since itll b sunny but cold, and i'll post some better pics... ENJOY!!!

question though, do our fenders come part rolled from the factory? cuz mine look like they were half rolled or something in the rear(bought used a couple months ago so idk).. ill try n get a pic of it...

veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
and in the pics lights clearly showed the new condition of the adapters and used condition of the tpms.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
one of the TPMS was physically damaged as indicated CLEARLY on my for sale thread, that one TPMS would not fit the stem from what I know.

the buyer should know that as well before buying.
^^^That's why. There's really no fixing a sensor once it's been damaged that badly. The only way that broken sensor would have worked would be to strap it to the wheel barrel. That makes me wonder if the shop only strapped one of them to the barrel or all of them. If they strapped all of them to the barrels why are there TPMS sensors in the wheel valve holes too? Something just doesn't add up if you ask me.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 PM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by rhafikjaan
and in the pics lights clearly showed the new condition of the adapters and used condition of the tpms.
yep those look brand new to me as well and the tpms is clearly damaged which was clearly stated by lights. I think that jersey is trying to pull something here
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
i think it's a combination of incompetency on the shop's part and douche baggery on the buyer's part.

I hope paypal sides with the seller on this one. paypal has been known to not give a rats ass about the seller's story and take the money back from the seller.

also reading that thread showing off his car he seems to know other azine members in person. At least he can't run now.

Last edited by ez12a; 02-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dis kind of stuff happens to my dad at his shop all the time when people bring stuff in that is "brand new" my dad is a master lead tech he said ur sensors looked new anyways good luck i hate sellin shit i sold a iphone and the buyer reported it didnt work and thattheshell wasnt black i clearly stated it was a custom yellow shell but o well good luck dude
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 AM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Pretty soon BM threads will include the following phrase
"If you make this purchase you agree to the above outlined terms and conditions"

Sellers need protection from douche buyers as much as there are douche sellers.
The following 2 users liked this post by TmaX:
alexSU (02-03-2012), veggiemonster (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Reminds me that I got bitched at from a buyer who bought my wheels and tires cause the tires were 10% less tread even though I have two sheets from Acura and Discount Tire stating the tires were that tread I stated. He wanted a refund, I said no.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
I say "buyer beware" and if you don't feel confident in buying something from a fellow forum member in the BM, then don't. No one's forcing you buy their stuff.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
I am 100% on your side, lights. What confuses me is why a mod (although that it's Ron A is no surprise) would request you to create a thread to eviscerate this guy (as warranted as it is). This is essentially a private transaction/dispute.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
No mention of any problems in the other thread, but installers have been know to do damage to the TPMS sensors, so giving the buyer credit ($40) for the 4 sensors seems to be the most logical choice and far more than what is defintely required, as items are sold As-Is.

Good luck with PayPal and at least you have pictures of the car with the adapters installed so he should be SOL with this complaint as they are now used.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
U sold the item as a part so i dont see why youre obligated to pay for the installation and labor troubles the buyer had to go through. Also, u gave him a deal for $40 for used TPMS sensor which is fair. In the end, he agreed to pay $300 for the custom spacers (which is already mounted on his car, so its not new anymore) as you are already willing to refund him back for the sensors..

+1 for lights

Good luck on this matter guys..
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 848 Posts
Where is that awesome pic of the chick eating the pop corn LoL

For the record, this a prime example of why I only deal with a select group of members.

Look who is watching