Prices in Los Angeles Area

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003 | 05:00 PM
Instructor

Exclamation Prices in Los Angeles Area

I'm looking into purchasing a new TL in december so i decieded it was time to start price comparisons and see what kinda deal i'm looking at so i started out by going to Acura's website and then going to dealers near me section. Within about 55 mile radius of me there were anywhere from 12-15 dealers so i sent each of them a email telling them the following.

i would like a TL silver or anthracite with ebony interior and navigation but at a good deal i've already been offered five hundered off MSRP. If you could beat this price than i'm willing to purchase the new TL. Thank you.

And i've already started getting offers of $500 below msrp without haggle and some of them are telling me that if i come into the dealership they'll be able to work something out (they say it's their policy not to discuss prices over the phone...but i tell them i don't have time to go their and tell them that when they're ready to deal they've got my number)

Well i thought i'd give you guys my experience so far....btw my uncle is the general manager here in Los Angeles at a Toyota dealership and i asked him what should i do if i wanted a good deal on a new TL and he said that Acura dealerships are currently keeping the TL's on the lot to a minimum to lure people into paying at or near MSRP. And that if i wait until January they're be alot more TL's on the lots and prices will be more negotiable (as in more than $1,000 off MSRP!)

Well it's be a long wait thus far .....but i guess about 1 more month wouldn't kill me (good things come to those who wait).

So what do u guys think?
Old 11-19-2003 | 05:30 PM
Instructor

email me, I have some advice for you.

daikon38@hotmail.com
Old 11-19-2003 | 06:50 PM
Instructor

Acura of Pasadena just e-mailed me confirmation of $1,000 off MSRP on a silver/ebony auto with Navi. Good results in just one day! (if you guys want a copy of the e-mails) email me at cgwizzzard@yahoo.com
Old 11-19-2003 | 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I traded in an '02 TL-S with 41K miles on it, and almost half the lease left. I was pretty upside down. I got around $800 off MSRP two weeks ago from Cerritos Acura.

The problem with waiting til January or February is that the demand for this car may actually go up, not down by then, and if you want a Navi and a specific color combination (like I did), it may get tougher to make deals. My theory is that in the next few months more and more people will see the 04 on the road, and there may be a greater demand as consumer awareness increases. There are lots of 2nd gen TLs on the road, and there may be a lot more people looking to trade up as the 04s become more and more present on the roads.

In the last two weeks of driving my 04, I've had more comments about my car than any other car I've ever owned. It unreal. People are also particularly vocal about the White Diamond Pearl color.
Old 11-19-2003 | 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by kinggeorge
Acura of Pasadena just e-mailed me confirmation of $1,000 off MSRP on a silver/ebony auto with Navi. Good results in just one day! (if you guys want a copy of the e-mails) email me at cgwizzzard@yahoo.com
For which color and does it have the navi?
Old 11-19-2003 | 07:59 PM
Instructor

$1,000 off MSRP on a silver/ebony auto with Navi
Old 11-19-2003 | 08:10 PM
Instructor

man this is great. did u also do a fax attack or just e-mail? i was planning to get this car once i get my tax return back which will be perfect! does anyone know if you can do a downpayment w/ a credit card payment, b/c i want to get my points.
Old 11-19-2003 | 09:51 PM
Instructor

yeah last time i purchased a Acura i used a credit card......GREAT!
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:43 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

In response to the question of whether one can use a credit card to purchase or make a down payment. I found out that I can use my credit card for up to $2500 with no charges to the dealership. Above that and they get charged by the C.C. companies. So I plan to purchase the car using the credit card for $2500 of the total. Then any dealer addons such as the extended warranty, Lo Jack etc. I plan to purchase separately and charge them to the credit card as a separate purchase. I am fortunate enough to be able to be paying cash. So for me there is no difference in who my check or checks get made out to as long as the total is the best possible deal I can negotiate. I happen to get cruise dollars on the credit card. A true win-win.
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:56 PM
Instructor

what do they charge you after 2500? cash advance fees?
Old 11-20-2003 | 03:43 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Don't buy Lo-Jack unless there are enough police patrols with the tracking device. My 97 acura got stolen one sunday from my driveway at 4am and the police recovered 12 hours later! - the car had no leather parts at all... no door panels, no seats, no airbags, the Insurance company totalled it because they said even with used parts it will come up to 12k-15k to fix (the car was only worth 9.5k when I bought it used.)
the police dept told me that on Sundays there are only 4 cars with Lo-Jack tracking devices for the whole city (Houston) so they were attending other cases before mine.! I even checked with the toll authorities and they told me where the car was at 7am because it passed one of the tolls, but police and Toll Authorities don't communicate nor share databases... talk about being inefficient... nough said.
Old 11-20-2003 | 11:24 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

Two comments. Fortunately in the greater Los Angeles area Lo Jack is well equip. with Law enforcement. Second comment directed to the cash advance question, the dealer will be charged a transaction fee of 1.5-2.5 percent. This would thus be added to the purchase price. Would not make sense since I am getting one percent back as cruise dollars. So by keeping under the $2500 I will at least get something for my effort. Talk with your dealer to make sure because each has negotiated their own rates with the C.C. companies.
Old 11-20-2003 | 11:36 AM
2005 Carbon Grey RL

Kinggeorge, who was the sales person at Acura of Pasadena?
Old 11-20-2003 | 12:56 PM
Instructor

Nelson Vansant of Pasadena Acura ....he's the internet sales manager.