Prices and dealers in DC and Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004 | 01:02 PM
Intermediate

Prices and dealers in DC and Long Island

Thanks for the great forum and information on the TLs. I'm ready to drive one home as soon as possible. I am looking for a MT without Nav.

I would appreciate it if anyone who as purchased a MT w/o nav from a DC area or Long Island, NY area dealership in the last couple of months could tell me from which dealership and how much you paid.

From everything I have read recently on this forum, it looks like the price should be north of $30K and south of $31K (with no additional options), but initial phone negotiations have only gotten me to mid-32's.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2004 | 03:00 PM
Racer

My son got a 04 TL with MT and no nav for a lease of about $430 with only NY sales tax down, don't know what the price was set at. He got it at Hillside of Bay Shore on Sunrise Hyw. See Calton Johnson, besides my son I got 4 Acura's from him. Allways fair and no BS, tell him that Frank I with the 2003 TL send you there.
Old 09-17-2004 | 03:06 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by md mdx
Thanks for the great forum and information on the TLs. I'm ready to drive one home as soon as possible. I am looking for a MT without Nav.

I would appreciate it if anyone who as purchased a MT w/o nav from a DC area or Long Island, NY area dealership in the last couple of months could tell me from which dealership and how much you paid.

From everything I have read recently on this forum, it looks like the price should be north of $30K and south of $31K (with no additional options), but initial phone negotiations have only gotten me to mid-32's.

Thanks in advance.
6MT no nav: $30,600
Bought: March 2004
Dealership: Rallye Acura, in Long Island

You should be able to get an 04 for slightly lower than this I believe (considering I bought mine in March).

edit:
$30.6K does not include destination, taxes, title or registration.
Old 09-17-2004 | 04:17 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

One month ago tomorrow I got a 6MT WITH Navi for $33,600 at Radley Acura in Virginia. Since the MSRP without Navi is $2,000 less, you would want to start at no more than $2,000 less than that, and then, if you're looking in the New York area, it may be reasonable to knock off some more for the MT if people there are the same way they are here (i.e., anti-manual) under the theory that it will be harder for the dealer to move the car.
Old 09-17-2004 | 05:18 PM
Racer

Got mine from Rallye Acura as well.

30,500 6 speed no-navi before tax, title, registration
Old 09-17-2004 | 06:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by frainc
My son got a 04 TL with MT and no nav for a lease of about $430 with only NY sales tax down, don't know what the price was set at. He got it at Hillside of Bay Shore on Sunrise Hyw. See Calton Johnson, besides my son I got 4 Acura's from him. Allways fair and no BS, tell him that Frank I with the 2003 TL send you there.
This is so funny because I have purchased 3 Acura so far, 2 from Smithtown Acura and 1 from Rallye Acura. Every time I go to Hillside Acura and speak with Carlton he and his dealership are allways the highest priced by far of the 5 Acura dealerships on Long Island. Island Acura and Valley Stream are very competitive price wise also. I recently went in to speak with him about buying a new '04 TL and again he is the highest price. Basically his attitude is that they can't or will not compete with the other Acura dealerships on price. I felt so bad that their where many unsuspecting customers getting fleeced by this dealership because they put on this nice guy image.

I am not sure when your sons car was purchased but $430 per month with only sales tax is higher than Rallye which is charging $380 per month with only sales tax up front.
Old 09-17-2004 | 07:04 PM
Intermediate

Try Island Acura

I purchased a 2004 TL 5AT - No Nav in the middle of August at invoice ($30,300) with barely any haggling. I also got basically the same price from Rallye. They also included wheel locks and the first service.

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2004 | 03:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael A
This is so funny because I have purchased 3 Acura so far, 2 from Smithtown Acura and 1 from Rallye Acura. Every time I go to Hillside Acura and speak with Carlton he and his dealership are allways the highest priced by far of the 5 Acura dealerships on Long Island. Island Acura and Valley Stream are very competitive price wise also. I recently went in to speak with him about buying a new '04 TL and again he is the highest price. Basically his attitude is that they can't or will not compete with the other Acura dealerships on price. I felt so bad that their where many unsuspecting customers getting fleeced by this dealership because they put on this nice guy image.

I am not sure when your sons car was purchased but $430 per month with only sales tax is higher than Rallye which is charging $380 per month with only sales tax up front.
I guess next year when my lease is up I'll go to Hillside and get a price and then to the others. Rally and Smithtown are both our of my way, but for a good price I could go. What about the service dept., how are they? Any free services or any problems with them?
Old 09-18-2004 | 05:20 PM
Racer

Big Thumbs Up for Island Acura. Got my 04 5AT/Navi under invoice 2 wks ago.
Click the link in my sig.
Old 09-18-2004 | 05:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
Big Thumbs Up for Island Acura. Got my 04 5AT/Navi under invoice 2 wks ago.
Click the link in my sig.
Island Acura has been very flexible in the past its just a bit far from me. How far under invoice did they go with you ?

Service at Smithtown Acura has been awesome I couldnt possibly imagine any dealership being better.
Old 09-18-2004 | 05:49 PM
Banned

I boiught my 04TL 5at/Navi Anthracite/Ebony back in the middle of june from Hillside Acura and paid 33,050 + Tax/tags No bullshit. Just speak to Internet manager Will Combs. He is a cool guy that will match other dealerships if necessary. They also give you FREE oils changes for 4yr/50,000 miles (same as the warranty) You can tell him Greg sent you and remind him that I had my dog in surgery when I pickup up my car. He will remember
Old 09-18-2004 | 05:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by New2004AcuraTLman
I boiught my 04TL 5at/Navi Anthracite/Ebony back in the middle of june from Hillside Acura and paid 33,050 + Tax/tags No bullshit. Just speak to Internet manager Will Combs. He is a cool guy that will match other dealerships if necessary. They also give you FREE oils changes for 4yr/50,000 miles (same as the warranty) You can tell him Greg sent you and remind him that I had my dog in surgery when I pickup up my car. He will remember
I forgot about Will ... he is the other guy who doesnt seem to care about losing business to other Acura dealers.

At $33,050 you paid almost $1k over invoice ?
Old 09-18-2004 | 06:20 PM
Banned

I forgot about Will ... he is the other guy who doesnt seem to care about losing business to other Acura dealers.

At $33,050 you paid almost $1k over invoice ?

Yes, that was back in JUNE where I had the full summer to use my car and it was the BEST price on Long Island. I checked ALL the dealerships to see which ones had my car in stock or was getting them in soon. Only 2 had it in stock. Curry and Hillside. The best price I could find was at Curry and Curry's price was 33,050, and Will at hillside matched it after I went on a test drive and told him currrys price. Rally and Smithtown are snobs and Island had a bad BBB record as well. I wanted my car soon without waiting a month for them to supposedly " find" me one which would never happen. Will is a NICE guy and will match prices if you are well informed and prepared to negotiate. He also gave me FREE oil changes as I stated which at $ 33.95 an oil change = a lot of money for the full warranty period. They also give you an ACURA loaner car for ANY service, including oil changes, not just repair work. Since I live closest to Hillside, That is where I bought it from because all the cards on the table were in favor of my purchase there
Old 09-18-2004 | 06:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by New2004AcuraTLman
Yes, that was back in JUNE where I had the full summer to use my car and it was the BEST price on Long Island. I checked ALL the dealerships to see which ones had my car in stock or was getting them in soon. Only 2 had it in stock. Curry and Hillside. The best price I could find was at Curry and Curry's price was 33,050, and Will at hillside matched it after I went on a test drive and told him currrys price. Rally and Smithtown are snobs and Island had a bad BBB record as well. I wanted my car soon without waiting a month for them to supposedly " find" me one which would never happen. Will is a NICE guy and will match prices if you are well informed and prepared to negotiate. He also gave me FREE oil changes as I stated which at $ 33.95 an oil change = a lot of money for the full warranty period. They also give you an ACURA loaner car for ANY service, including oil changes, not just repair work. Since I live closest to Hillside, That is where I bought it from because all the cards on the table were in favor of my purchase there
4 years ago when my wife purchased here '01 TL we spent 3 hours with Will and Carlton. The lease payments stated out at some ridiculous figure and eventually came down about $75 per month. I then went to Smithtown who beat Hillside price by about $10-$20 per month after 15 minutes with no BS. I then contacted Rallye by EMAIL and they beat everyones price with NO negotiation. I spent a total of about 1 1/2 hrs at Rallye and most of it was them reviewing the car with us.

Then when the lease for the '01 TL was up (This past June) we where looking for an MDX and again Hillside was about $2k more than Smithtown Acura. I do admit we got a good deal on the MDX at Smithtown but Hillside just could'nt compete again and this time we where returning a leased TL and where clearly looking to buy something. So their was no excuse that they didnt think we where a real BUYING customer.

So I go into Hillside a few weeks ago (I happen to be passing bye) and its was like pulling teeth with these guys to get them to say they would sell me a '04 TL for invoice which they didnt.. Go to Smithtown or Island and they immediately offer invoice on an '04 TL.

I suppose Hillsides idea is that some people will just lay down and pay more and maybe this offsets the customers like myself that are just interested in the best price. All the added bonus stuff like oil changes and such are meaningless to me as Hillside is too far from my house and would end up sevicing the car at Smithtown anyway.
Old 09-18-2004 | 08:53 PM
Racer

4 years ago when my wife purchased here '01 TL we spent 3 hours with Will and Carlton. The lease payments stated out at some ridiculous figure and eventually came down about $75 per month. I then went to Smithtown who beat Hillside price by about $10-$20 per month after 15 minutes with no BS. I then contacted Rallye by EMAIL and they beat everyones price with NO negotiation. I spent a total of about 1 1/2 hrs at Rallye and most of it was them reviewing the car with us.

Then when the lease for the '01 TL was up (This past June) we where looking for an MDX and again Hillside was about $2k more than Smithtown Acura. I do admit we got a good deal on the MDX at Smithtown but Hillside just could'nt compete again and this time we where returning a leased TL and where clearly looking to buy something. So their was no excuse that they didnt think we where a real BUYING customer.

So I go into Hillside a few weeks ago (I happen to be passing bye) and its was like pulling teeth with these guys to get them to say they would sell me a '04 TL for invoice which they didnt.. Go to Smithtown or Island and they immediately offer invoice on an '04 TL.

I suppose Hillsides idea is that some people will just lay down and pay more and maybe this offsets the customers like myself that are just interested in the best price. All the added bonus stuff like oil changes and such are meaningless to me as Hillside is too far from my house and would end up sevicing the car at Smithtown anyway.
I got my 2003 TL-S for a lease of $349 a month with only taxes down. It was not the end of year either when the 04's when coming out. I guess everyone like one dealer over another and that's OK if you think you are getting a good deal and service. The service dept. to me is very important and I never have a problem with them in Hillside, always getting a Acura loaner if I have to wait over an hour or more and always getting the service that I ASK FOR, not what they want to give me. In the 6 years I have been going to them I have never paid for an oil change yet and I only get the 15,000 mile service, about $130 and that's it because by then its time for a new car.
Old 09-18-2004 | 10:02 PM
Racer

Island Acura has been very flexible in the past its just a bit far from me. How far under invoice did they go with you ?

Service at Smithtown Acura has been awesome I couldnt possibly imagine any dealership being better.
Details
They included a remote starter. If you figure the starter was worth $500, and invoice is $32,145 w/ dest, I got about $150 under invoice. Not too bad, plus I got $3.69% on 60 mos.

This was 2 weeks ago. The closer we get to the 05's, the sweeter the deals should get.
Old 09-24-2004 | 11:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
Details
They included a remote starter. If you figure the starter was worth $500, and invoice is $32,145 w/ dest, I got about $150 under invoice. Not too bad, plus I got $3.69% on 60 mos.

This was 2 weeks ago. The closer we get to the 05's, the sweeter the deals should get.
How is the service at Island Acura? Anybody get pricing from Curry Acura?
Old 09-24-2004 | 11:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Airdog
How is the service at Island Acura? Anybody get pricing from Curry Acura?
My only experience w/ their service was when the Auto Dim on my rearview mirror went out on my '01 CL. Didn't have an appointment. Dropped it off and it was done same day. No problems.

Curry has been very competitive in terms of pricing.
Old 09-24-2004 | 11:47 AM
Racer

Curry?? They are not that competitive.... They had to match Rallye's offer and still wrote the wrong price on the sale sheet. They low ball my trade-in big time and I just walk out. At least, I got a better deal/trade-in at Rallye (at invoice). Curry even calls me up at home a couple of days after I walk out. I didn't even bother to return their calls.
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:14 AM
Instructor

I shopped around this weekend for an '04 TL. Pretty much all the Acura dealers on Ling Island are offering invoice, $30,300. Except for two. Island Acura was willing to go $300 under invoice and Hillside Acura pretty much laughed at me and told me they will sell the remaining '04 TL's for $31k and they are NOT negotiable.
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:25 AM
Instructor

I shopped around this weekend for an '04 TL. Pretty much all the Acura dealers on Ling Island are offering invoice, $30,300. Except for two. Island Acura was willing to go $300 under invoice and Hillside Acura pretty much laughed at me and told me they will sell the remaining '04 TL's for $31k and they are NOT negotiable.
Who did you talk to at Island Acura and what was their inventory of 04 TL's?
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:27 AM
Instructor

Who did you talk to at Island Acura and what was their inventory of 04 TL's?
I don't remember the salemans name but they had at least 15-20 '04's remaining. I was looking at a demo for about $1k less so It made alot of sense to just buy a new '04.
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:31 AM
Instructor

I don't remember the salemans name but they had at least 15-20 '04's remaining. I was looking at a demo for about $1k less so It made alot of sense to just buy a new '04.
Are you going to get an '04 TL from them? And it was a new 04TL for $300 under invoice NOT the demo right? do you know what the discount was on the demo? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:37 AM
Instructor

Are you going to get an '04 TL from them? And it was a new 04TL for $300 under invoice NOT the demo right? do you know what the discount was on the demo? Thanks for your help.
I am not sure what I am doing because they offered me $800 less on my trade in then Paragon Acura. Paragon was at invoice so basically they where about $500 less for me. I got the impression though that Island would sell a new '04 for $30k regardless of a trade of not. Their demo was $29,300 because it had a few accessories.
Old 09-28-2004 | 10:53 AM
Instructor

I would go to Ralley first. They suck but will give you a good starting point. Haggle with them like crazy. Then go to Island Acura and tell them what you got from Ralley but that you need x dollars more off and you are ready to buy now. They will give you the best price at Island.
Old 09-28-2004 | 11:24 AM
Instructor

I am not sure what I am doing because they offered me $800 less on my trade in then Paragon Acura. Paragon was at invoice so basically they where about $500 less for me. I got the impression though that Island would sell a new '04 for $30k regardless of a trade of not. Their demo was $29,300 because it had a few accessories.
I just hung up with them - their sales guy states $32600 out the door for the demo with 5600 miles. It is a 04 TL 6 speed w/Navi Black on Black - same car? He is nuts.
Old 09-28-2004 | 12:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by argoldst
I would go to Ralley first. They suck but will give you a good starting point. Haggle with them like crazy. Then go to Island Acura and tell them what you got from Ralley but that you need x dollars more off and you are ready to buy now. They will give you the best price at Island.
Island let me walk over $500 ..... and I have not from them....
Old 09-28-2004 | 01:23 PM
Team SSM Queen

Stay away from Paragon! Do a search here - there are many discussions about why you shouldn't buy from them.
Old 09-28-2004 | 02:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by narnia
Stay away from Paragon! Do a search here - there are many discussions about why you shouldn't buy from them.
I realize that Paragon is not the most honest. I called them and they quoted me $26,800 for a demo TL which sounded too good to be true. I drove 1 1/2 hrs and when I got their they started out at $31,900 on the car they quoted me $26,800 on the phone and $18k for my Evo which 8 months ago cost $31k. After about 2hrs of going back and forth they eventually offered me $21,300 for my Evo which is fair and $28,700 for a demo TL. Now I see they have an ad in the Daily news for $27,800 and another TL advertised for $28,000. So am am very leary about driving all the way out their again to buy a new TL for $30,300. However it is still a better deal than Island, Hillside and Rallye.
Old 09-28-2004 | 03:41 PM
Racer

Michael A,

I know that you don't like Hillside, I got 4 cars from them, but you seem to be driving all over Long Island from dealer to dealer, then go crazy with the sales guy for 2 or more hours and still not happy.

I may pay a little more, but that's me and its OK, because I'll will not drive for hours or waste my time with car salesman who will drive you or me crazy.

Besides their service dept., to me anyhow, always gets the job done right the first time and never gives me a problem with any kind of service due. Oh, I haven't paid for an oil change in 5 years and only get the 15,000 miles service done (about $120) for my cars, which I lease.
Old 09-28-2004 | 03:42 PM
Team SSM Queen

I realize that Paragon is not the most honest. I called them and they quoted me $26,800 for a demo TL which sounded too good to be true. I drove 1 1/2 hrs and when I got their they started out at $31,900 on the car they quoted me $26,800 on the phone and $18k for my Evo which 8 months ago cost $31k. After about 2hrs of going back and forth they eventually offered me $21,300 for my Evo which is fair and $28,700 for a demo TL. Now I see they have an ad in the Daily news for $27,800 and another TL advertised for $28,000. So am am very leary about driving all the way out their again to buy a new TL for $30,300. However it is still a better deal than Island, Hillside and Rallye.
They aren't only dishonest, they are outright sleazy! Don't waste your time with them. They use bait and switch tactics. The offer might sound good, but you will never get your car for what they quote you.

I ended up buying from Rallye for a little more than what Paragon quoted me, but Rallye delivered and Paragon didn't. You've been warned. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2004 | 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frainc
Michael A,

I know that you don't like Hillside, I got 4 cars from them, but you seem to be driving all over Long Island from dealer to dealer, then go crazy with the sales guy for 2 or more hours and still not happy.

I may pay a little more, but that's me and its OK, because I'll will not drive for hours or waste my time with car salesman who will drive you or me crazy.

Besides their service dept., to me anyhow, always gets the job done right the first time and never gives me a problem with any kind of service due. Oh, I haven't paid for an oil change in 5 years and only get the 15,000 miles service done (about $120) for my cars, which I lease.
Hillside is in my book
Old 09-28-2004 | 04:20 PM
Instructor

Their is just no reason for me to buy a TL from them for $1k more then every other Acura dealer on LI and this is not the 1st time I have found them to be the most expensive. The salesman told me that they will sell the remaining '04's @ $31k to somebody. Besides I live far away from Hillside so even if somehow their service is equivalent to Smithtown I would never service the car their.
Old 10-01-2004 | 10:48 PM
Instructor

I just hung up with them - their sales guy states $32600 out the door for the demo with 5600 miles. It is a 04 TL 6 speed w/Navi Black on Black - same car? He is nuts.
Which dealer did you call that stated they had an '04 Demo 6 speed w/nav for $32,600 ?
I am really confused now because I found a used '04 TL for an incredible price ..... I made arrangements to buy it but I am 2nd guessing myself because I am having difficulty selling my Mitsu Evolution.
Old 10-02-2004 | 08:59 PM
10th Gear

bought a non nav 5at Anthracite/Camel 04 TL from Hillside Acura in June for invoice...30300 + tax.....deal took 5 minutes...no problems dealing with Carlton (Sales Manager)
Old 10-02-2004 | 09:23 PM
Pro

so what about the dealerships in MD DC area?
Old 10-02-2004 | 09:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VADER
bought a non nav 5at Anthracite/Camel 04 TL from Hillside Acura in June for invoice...30300 + tax.....deal took 5 minutes...no problems dealing with Carlton (Sales Manager)
Hillside bascially laughed at me last week when I asked them to sell me an '04 at invoice.
They told me that the remaining '04 will be sold at $31k ... I guess we can attribute this to inflation.
Old 10-02-2004 | 09:41 PM
10th Gear

Sorry to here that...I guess I hit them at the right time, their inventory must have been up at that time.
Old 10-03-2004 | 11:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by VADER
Good for you, that's who I deal with everytime and I never have a problem. Even my son paid invoice for has 04 TL.