Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people drive me insane.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people drive me insane.

When did we decide it was okay to scape someone's car in a parking garage and do nothing about it?

I found this little present when I left work today:

I know its minor, but I spend a lot of time making sure my baby is always looking her best. And now I have to look at this everyday.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:41 PM
To punish and enslave

i know how you feel, damn humans
Old 07-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Boondocks fanatic.....

had that happen with my civic. I hate parking lots as a result.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
checkmate...

Feel your pain, man. If you've got a buffer, and those aren't deep scratches, try buffing it out with some scratch remover. It won't remove it all, but most of that could disappear. That is unless you decide to repaint the whole bumper, although I personally wouldn't. Who knows if it might happen again.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
I am lucky I have a work truck so I dont have to drive to work, if we go out I make my friends drive............Come to think of it, thats probably why I only have 2k Miles. I feel your pain though, hope youg et it fixed soon.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I see is a red X but agree with you . Fortunately where I work most of us know who drives which car and do respect our rides and there is plenty of visitor parking spots.
Go to a local detailer or an autoboy shop, I know if I can buff out a scratch that you can feel with the tip of your nail, most PROFFESIONALS can too.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:49 PM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hopefully that will all come out with wax and a little hard work. From the pictures it looks like no repainting is necessary. The bumpers on TL's seem to be black plastic underneath like the old CL's. You probably have white paint from some jerks bumper on top. Maybe little or no scratches under it. Try getting it out yourself with wax or cleaner wax first. Then something a little stronger like polishing compound if doesn't work and your comfortable (very localized to white paint, then wax). Or have a good professional do it so not to take off any of your paint.

Some people really suck!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:59 PM
6MT & LSD

good lord, another anthracite got hit!!

Sorry about your car, but some drivers simply don't know when they scrape/scratch another car, and run off unintentionally (and then later notice their car damaged and get furious thinking someone hit them).

Try using some compound first... somewhat seems like it might do the trick.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think dark color cars is asking for it, people just dont see them.
But someone hit my bumper (wife was at mall) and put a few light
scratches in it.
Door dings and scratched bumpers are bad enough without
getting an invisable color...

Brett
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Dang.

Originally Posted by Brettg
I think dark color cars is asking for it, people just dont see them.
Just wondering - what do you mean people don't see them? During the day/night or in general?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

In one place you can see brown, from where it went all the way through. One POV is it is a bumper, while the other is its a shiny bumper and should stay that way. I would at least fix up the stuff to the door as to avoid any rot, also keep an eye out for the culprit. Hit and Run is a serious crime(calling the cops won't do anything unless it's major damage or you are hurt, but put out some bulletin saying you will have a police investigation launched unless they come forward...)
Old 07-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clsdave
The bumpers on TL's seem to be black plastic underneath like the old CL's.

There's one small part where the chip is all the way through the paint. The rest of it I shouldnt have any problem buffing out. Its not something I am going to worry about repainting since this kind of thing happens to people every day. I just had to vent about it. Sadly enough, I'm sure whoever did it probably didnt even notice. I was curious so I checked the car next to me, but I think it happened from the person leaving, not pulling in.

I just wish I could see the guy's face when he finally notices his scratch and wonders who the heck hit him.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Instructor

Thats why I sometimes park 1/4th of a mile away just to avoid these sons of bitches. I doubt anyone could do that and not know about it, it looks like a nice scrape.

But these things are bound to happen, you can't terminate all the idiots now, can you?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Dark color cars are always hard to see.
Yes, I like black, and think the anthrax color looks very nice
(wife calls it antrax because its deadly).

I have had many cars:

Dark green 66 dodge, someone drove into the rear side in the rain,

White mustang, 4 years no accidents,

Black el camino, totaled 3 times in 2 years plus a bus ripped a fender
off in the city.

White chrysler laser 2.2 turbo, 10 years no accidents,

Light blue metalic Jaguar, 5 years no accidents,

White Passat, 2.5 years no accidents,

White TL, no accidents yet.

I have backed into cars 2 times, dark blue chevy parked across the street
at my parents house, at night, in the shade of a tree (streetlamp),

Black honda in a post office parking lot, not parked in an actual parking spot.

I pay attention to the many accidents I see during work (I drive all day),
and right out front of work is one of the worst accident areas
in South Jersey, and most involve a dark color car.

I often see VERY stupid people driving anthrax color cars in the rain, at dusk,
with no lights on. You could not come up with a more invisable combo
if you worked at it.
Those people should be pulled over and locked up for stupidity!

When I had the black el camino, I was like total stealth, and had people
make left turns in front of me, me doing 50 mph on a sunny day, on a concrete road, that was the first time it was totaled.
(I had a body shop that fixed it cheap and I kept some money each
time it got smashed up)...

People are eating, drinking, talking on the phone, playing with the sat nav,
playing with the radio menu's, (maybe all at the same time)
and may not see a dark color car at all.

So I stay away from stealth color cars....

Brett
Old 07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Advanced

sorry to hear about that...some people just can't back out of the parking space without hitting the cars next to them.

i hate the fact that people don't have the decency to care for other people's cars such as not to hit other's cars when opening door.

TL is my first "nice" car...and wut sux is that i am so paranoid about driving it n other people damaging it whenever i take it out. Yesterday i parked on the street and went to workout in the gym...i just couldn't stop worrying about the car and had to cut my workout early just to check on my baby i think i need some counseling...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

I wouldn't be too worried if people were guaranteed to leave their information, the problem is a lot of people wouldnt/don't.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
I wouldn't be too worried if people were guaranteed to leave their information, the problem is a lot of people wouldnt/don't.
Sorry, but I would be worried...I don't want their info (which no one leaves anyway), I want them to not f*ck up my car in the first place...and while this has a lot to do with common curtesy and respect, it has a lot more to do with getting your head out of your @$$ and paying attention...one does not hit parked object if one is paying attention to what they're doing.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Well obviously that would be preferable, but I can guarantee anyone who has a TL in the city will experience some tipe of scrape or dent, and some curtious people do have accidents. The least they could do would be to leave information.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

ahahahahhahah

is anthrax short for anthracite now??

set terror alert to orange-high
Old 07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Old 07-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Is that the original door paint? I just noticed some slight orange peel.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
G2 TSX

That's rather unfortunate and I had the exact same thing happen to me, on my TSX in the company parking garage last week. I keep my car detailed pretty well, so I know where all the chips are. I noticed two or three chipped spots on my rear bumper. It sickened me to my stomach, knowing I would have to touch these chips up and know that my 6 month brand new car had been nicked by a careless buffoon.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Your not the only one, i had a double whamy on mine back in the holiday season.

Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Intermediate

Pains me to see another "anthrax" with the same scar as mine. All too common an occurance if you ask me.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Advanced

After living in Fort Lauderdale for the past 3 years I've come to notice how people just don't have a sense of respect for other peoples property. Especially cars. I'm sure there are people in the area that take care of their cars just as much as I do but, even I expected the town i'm in to be a little higher than that given the type of cars people drive around here.
1. Was down in Miami visiting my fiance's friend in Key Biscayne. Group of people unloading their car next to mine. Parking lot was full and I thought it would be ok, since they of course saw me coming out of my car and looking at them. We went inside her friend's place and stayed for about an hour. When we went back to the car the same people were there. BUT, this time LEANING AGAINST MY CAR!!! They saw us coming out of the apartment and just kept on talking. They didn't even bother moving when we were just a couple feet away. So, I unlocked the car with the key fob and could hear it unlock while we were walking closer. You would think that they would get the idea right? NO, they looked at me and then kept on talking!!!!! Now I was getting a little pissed off, so much that I decided to "TEST" out the "PANIC BUTTON" on the key fob. After it went off they finally stepped away and looked at me AGAIN. Like they didn't know why I did that or what was going on. How stupid can you be???

2. Took my daily ritual of walking around my car and just inspecting it. Just noticed that the corner of my bumper on the driver's side under the side of the headlights was pushed in slightly damnit!!!!!!!!!! Not so much but just enough to bend the bumper and protrude out the side. I was able to push it back in but now it's not flush to the top piece. Just minor details but still pisses me off. Took another look at the front to figure out how it got pushed in and looked under the bumper to see black marks that looked like tire marks. Was able to wipe them off with my finger but will have to use BugNTar to get most of it off. Can't figure out how it happened and make sure I park away from others but I guess eventually somebody inconsiderate will always be there.

Tekageek
TL: SSM, 5AT, 2004