Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paragon Acura = AmAzInG

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paragon Acura = AmAzInG

Hey guys just wanted to tell you how amazing paragon acura is. I drive here today becasue i had a problem with open road acura.Sob's anyways i drive in today because my car is shaking due to a bent rim or lost balance or no balance. I go in they take my car tell me the balance is off tell me to wait in the showroom eat somethign or drink somehtingwhile you wait. As i am in the shwroom i see a tl all done p i look at it in awe . They have the comptech supercharger /exhaust and all comptech parts and i belive they cover it by warranty if they install it . I am lookin at the car right nowas itype this to u on there complementary cmputers. This might e the nicest cleanest most professional car dealer ive ever been to . Just figured if anyone in the NYC area wanted the S/c Go to paragon and check it out first .
Old 03-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Racer

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Paragon is one of the worst dealers in the NYC area. I will never go back there even if they were the only Acura dealer left in the whole northeast.

They were very rude. All in all, complete a*&holes from the saleman right up to the manager.

Hope your experience goes better than mine.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Sorry dude, Paragon is one of the WORST dealers in the Tri State Area. Rallye in Roslyn is much better. Btw you mention that TL with the comptech parts they tried to outsmart me and judged me as an 18 year old retard. Starting from price to the performance, sorry but I ended up making the guy look like a retard. Sadly, I bought my TSX there and did not get a great price at all. The dealer quality there sucks. Yeah that TL and RSX would be nice minus the tasteless graphics and the 15,000 dollar premium they charge you for all the extras. In addition you look carefully, the cars are NOT detailed properly.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Racer

WoW i am sorry .. i am truly enjoying them as ryans open road was a complete waste.And yes the graphics are hideous but the convienience warranty and location is worthmymoney for the supercharger. In my opinion if i send it soemwhere far and the s/c ahs a problem i have no car. If i do it here then it has a problem its only 30 min away and theyll give me a loaner. Whichopen road acura did not do either way . But if they really tried to push you around cause youre 18 their retarted. I actualyl just proved a saleman wrong too about the supercharger by him sayin they relocated thebattery to the trunk whch it actually isnt. But i didnt take it as big of a deal. SOrry for youre guys inconvience witht hem but there liek frigin platinum to me after open road
Old 03-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Racer

As long as they treat you well....
Old 03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Racer

Paragon Acura = AmAzInG Bad Dealer and can not be trusted
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Mofo

I bought my TL from Paragon in December...I got a killer deal, probably the best I've seen on this forum, and the salesman was very helpful....but the post-sale service is HORRIBLE. The finance manager is a prick, who hasn't returned any of my 20 voice messages, the dealership manager is also useless, and hasn't been able to help me whatsoever.
I even contacted Acura Corporate (who doesn't have the power to force them to do anything, they can just urge them) and Paragon STILL has not solved my problem.

However - it is a very pretty dealership
Old 03-06-2006, 07:17 PM
malacanyang palace

You cannot trusted the Paragon dealer when it comes to sales people., But! when it comes to maintenance Service they are doing Great! For example just last week im complaining about my clutch problem i have 6spd MT w/navi. regarding 3rd gear issue., sometimes i need to step on a clutch twice instead of once shift to 3rd gear.., So., Service Advisor told me to leave the car for the whole day. My tranny issue is fixed ! at the same day before end of the day. They replace my Flywheel,Pressure Plate, main Bearing and put a new Clutch.+plus they flush old transmission fluid and put new One.., Big surprise me when i drove my car that night accelerates fast and step on clutch is so soft. and Full Under Warranty NO CHARGE.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:14 PM
VS#03

I have one that is better than everyone else, Park Avenue Acura in Rochelle Park NJ. There service department sucks, not knowledgeable in warranty issues involving Acura vehicles. And there service manager Dwight doesn't believe in customer satisfaction. If you want good service, go to Open Road Acura in Wayne NJ. Open Road Acura believe in customer satisfaction. When you go for your next service ask for Steve or Donna in service....there great.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
I had consistently good service experience at Paragon. The service rep at the desk seemed a little worn down, but the techs were great. Can't say anything for the sales dept since I never bought a car from there, but hey what do you expect from a dealership in the middle of LIC?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Has anybody ever been to Acura of Valley Stream in NY on Long Island?

They have some not so nice people but the service manager is really nice. Want to know what others think.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Riu

They have some not so nice people but the service manager is really nice. Want to know what others think.
I went there when I get first A1 service and have them fix some problem that covered by warranty. yeh I remember the lady sit on the frontdesk at service dept.

I dont blame the lady but the service that I receive was horrible. my B service is due now. so I am looking for other dealer near my hometown.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro

One more thumbs down for Paragon. Talked to most of the "managers" but no one appears to be in power to make business decisions. They keep on passing the buck from one manager to the other.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ravingstylez
WoW i am sorry .. i am truly enjoying them as ryans open road was a complete waste.And yes the graphics are hideous but the convienience warranty and location is worthmymoney for the supercharger. In my opinion if i send it soemwhere far and the s/c ahs a problem i have no car. If i do it here then it has a problem its only 30 min away and theyll give me a loaner. Whichopen road acura did not do either way . But if they really tried to push you around cause youre 18 their retarted. I actualyl just proved a saleman wrong too about the supercharger by him sayin they relocated thebattery to the trunk whch it actually isnt. But i didnt take it as big of a deal. SOrry for youre guys inconvience witht hem but there liek frigin platinum to me after open road
What hap to you at Open road? i have my car there now.. kinda vague when you said they pushed you around.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by ajeetm
I had consistently good service experience at Paragon. The service rep at the desk seemed a little worn down, but the techs were great. Can't say anything for the sales dept since I never bought a car from there, but hey what do you expect from a dealership in the middle of LIC?
You travel all the way from San Jose, CA to Long Island City to have your car serviced?

Old 03-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by willz822
Paragon is one of the worst dealers in the NYC area. I will never go back there even if they were the only Acura dealer left in the whole northeast.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Instructor

I got my TL from Pargon Acura, nice guy name Tyrone helped me out he was leaving so he gave me a great deal. The service their is another story, sometimes they are cool others they are not. My warranty work was ok, I had to complain first but after that things went cool they keep my car for two days because of the engine light and they gave me a loaner. The sales people at Acura are dumb and they never help you when you first walk in, you have to beg for service. As far as the sales manager I give them a 6 out of 10. The only way you will get good service is if you talk to them face to face no phone service. I will most likly not by another Acura from them I will most likly go to Manhattan. I so far have had the best service from Montclair, Manhattan and Wayne. I have to tell you I get better service over at Infiniti and I do not even own one of their cars.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I prefer Precision Acura in Princeton, NJ. Quite a drive from the NYC area, though. I didn't buy my TSX there, but have been there for every service. Walked in there once on a Saturday morning because my turn signal had been disconnected during a headlight replacement at Acura of Ocean and they forgot to reconnect it...anyway, they fixed it no problem with no appointment on a busy Saturday AM, and the car was not even purchased there. They are very professional and courteous, and give free Acura loaners unlike some other dealerships I've heard of. I highly recommend them.

Bridgewater Acura is 10 mins from me but they are rude there and I won't go back.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Advanced

open road acura in wayne

All I can say is anytime I had a concern with my 05 auto tl I was taken care of professionally by both the service writers and especially mike the service manager. He would go on road tests with me and always tried to be helpful.Im now in my 06 6sp with nav and everyone Ihave dealt with have been great! I highly recommend this dealership.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,615 Likes on 2,194 Posts
Originally Posted by K-Shawn
I have one that is better than everyone else, Park Avenue Acura in Rochelle Park NJ. There service department sucks, not knowledgeable in warranty issues involving Acura vehicles. And there service manager Dwight doesn't believe in customer satisfaction.
Wow, that's quite a change if other people are consistent. In my 2G TL days, Park Avenue Acura was quite active on this site and people raved about their service and their ability to install aftermarket (mostly Comptech) parts and take responsibility (e.g. warranty) for the installs. Of course, I haven't seen a post from those guys in about three years, so who knows.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMZ
You travel all the way from San Jose, CA to Long Island City to have your car serviced?

Yea, good excuse to get some good pizza... it's the water Actually I moved like a year ago...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Cruisin'

Got my 06 Black Nighthawk with Camel Interior/ Non Navi, 35% max legal smoked tint makes it a gem (when clean) 3 weeks ago, already have 1300 miles on it and love. Got it from Acura of Westchester in Larchmont and having been my 2nd Acura taken from there, the other being an 03 type s, this was another great shopping experience. I highly recommend this place, no problems at all. After 2 HID thefts on the 03 and an accident in Dec. from the snow, I decided to get an 06 and get rid of the headache 4 months short of lease termination. Glad I did not but the 03 as I would have been stuck with a car worth much less than its value.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Paragon is poison. Worst car buying experience I've ever had. Do a search on the forum for my saga. I asked one of the service techs there where the rear trunk release button was and he didn't even know.

I ended up buying at Rallye in Roslyn and I'm glad I went there. I got a great price and great service. Valley Stream was also nice to deal with but they didn't have the color combo I wanted.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Racer

They really dohave the best service department around... what imentby open road acura pushing me around is ... 3 times i went to them to tell them to fix a rattle in my trunk they said ok i got back 2wice i swore in my head they werent doing anything so i heard it again and i taped a piece that u needed to cut if u wereto remove the deck or if you wanted to remove the carpet linign in the trunk i get the car bac they say it was fixed i open the trunk and go balloistic on the guy i was liek WAT THE FUCK this is the 3rd time and this time u guys diditn ven touch it.. HIS excuse was well i musta been in the shop all day and the mechanics culdnt get to it but they cleared it
Old 03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Riu

Valley Stream Acura does have a great service Area. I had aftermarket HID problems and I went there and they helped me out, another time I had a tranny question, one of the guys took a little drive and just told me what he thought. The Service manager is also a great guy, he is actually a friend of my dad, since he use to go there so much when he had his legend..