Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

out of the game

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by marshall28
I don't understand why he was the idiot? He lost his job; so to soften the blow he sold his car and got one which would be less of a financial burden. Even if you have your 3-6 months of average income set a aside incase of job-loss, your next objective should be to minimize expenses, which he did...

Did I miss something here?
I didn't call him an idiot it may have been impropery implied but I didn't call the OP an idiot.

D
Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DMZ
This 'DON' thinks http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare!

The economy of this country is in the toilet right now. More people are loosing their jobs than we're being told on the news. 9 out of 10 bankruptcies in this country are directly related to medical emergencies, death in the family, and JOB LOSS. As for the current foreclosure crisis, not all of these people stupidly took out loans with adjustable rates they couldn't afford. Many were prayed upon by ultra-fast talking mortgage brokers working on commission who knew exactly what THEY were doing.

The banking laws were changed by Phil Gramm in conjunction with the Bush administration to deregulate the whole financial industry which is how we got into this current mess to begin with. I'd like to see you loose your job and not be able to pay your mortgage or make car payments. Maybe THEN you'll wake up and start having some compassion for others who've met with misfortune.

Best of luck to you, U4ICTHEORY.
Ummm where did you get those stats? I would certainly like to know because AIG didn't go under because of medical issues. Nor did WAMU nor did all the other financial institutions that went and are going to go under. Also medical bills aren't the reason that the big 3 in Detroit are looking for Government handouts. But those did go under because of people taking bad loans and those same institutions were giving out bad loans.

Also maybe I can speak to the OP in such a manner because I have been there and done that. But instead of being able to recognized the valueable information and lesson that can be taken from this you guys want to piss and moan about stuff that doesn't even matter. I guess some of you guys are so stuck on being prideful that you can't hear the message.

D
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ggesq
For the benefit of everyone reading this thread:

carlos9827- We encourage members to have debates that are civil. Please refrain from attacking other members especially using vulgar language. I think you are smart enough to have an intelligent debate while keeping it civil. Please refer to the rules for posting in 3G for further clarification.

don5504- Please refrain from posting in threads if you have nothing positive to add. For further clarification, please refer to the rules for posting in 3G. If you want to let your hair down and criticize others about their choices do it in Ramblings. Since you apologized publicly to the OP, I think no formal warning is merited at this point.

Also, to the other members who have commented on don5504's not so popular comments, please move on as this issue has been addressed by way of me posting in the thread.

carlos & don- if you need further clarification other than what has been said by me in this thread and what has been posted in the rules for posting in 3G, please PM me. I don't want to ruin this thread.
Lol I knew this was coming ggesq. You are 100% correct, and I apologize if I offended anyone by using the language I did. I was just going to PM you to say this but I deciding to instead post it publicly. I think it was nice for Don to apologize and show a little bit of support towards the OP. Everything is good now
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
Ummm where did you get those stats? I would certainly like to know because AIG didn't go under because of medical issues. Nor did WAMU nor did all the other financial institutions that went and are going to go under. Also medical bills aren't the reason that the big 3 in Detroit are looking for Government handouts. But those did go under because of people taking bad loans and those same institutions were giving out bad loans.

Also maybe I can speak to the OP in such a manner because I have been there and done that. But instead of being able to recognized the valueable information and lesson that can be taken from this you guys want to piss and moan about stuff that doesn't even matter. I guess some of you guys are so stuck on being prideful that you can't hear the message.

D
Who said anything about corporations? I was referring to personal bankruptcies and INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE, like the OP .... which is WHO/WHAT this thread is all about. The fact that you actually thought I referred to AIG, banks, the big 3, etc. makes me reiterate the 1st sentence in my original post.

And oh yes, I'm 'prideful' alright. Prideful in the fact that I didn't vote for the politicians who changed the laws deregulating the financial industry that got us into this mess to begin with. You're starting to sound more and more like the arrogant self-absorbed inconsiderates out there on the political blogs who voted for Bush TWICE, and still think we'll all be better off with 4 more years of the last 8. Why don't you try watching a news channel other than Fox for a change? OK?

Have a nice day ..........
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504

D
Who said anything about corporations? I was referring to personal bankruptcies and INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE, like the OP .... which is WHO/WHAT this thread is all about. The fact that you actually thought I referred to AIG, banks, the big 3, etc. makes me reiterate the 1st sentence in my original post.

And oh yes, I'm 'prideful' alright. Prideful in the fact that I didn't vote for the politicians who changed the laws deregulating the financial industry that got us into this mess to begin with. You're starting to sound more and more like the arrogant self-absorbed inconsiderates out there on the political blogs who voted for Bush TWICE, and still think we'll all be better off with 4 more years of the last 8. Why don't you try watching a news channel other than Fox for a change? OK?

Have a nice day !!

I'm done here.........................
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM
-E-K-S-O-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW...

thanks for the support, opinions and suggestion.

ABOUT ME:
I made more then enough to pay off my bills, expenses, mortgage, 2 cars, 2 pets, a fiance on disability, and her jobless brother... it all went down hill when our clients could not pay anymore and left us holding the bag. i've tried to help my clients out the most/best i can but if they can't pay up it's me who takes the hit... it's the result of the ecconomy and nothing more. the times are changing and the only way my company could adapt was to layoff which unfortunately included me. EDD wasn't enough to pay for everything so i did my best at eliminating all excess spending including the TL and the house. We're now living in a rental and finally have found ourselves out of the red. I've gotten a new job as an estimator at a local construction company and still remain positive throughout the ordeal.

someone suggested an 2nd gen TL... it was my obvious choice, unfortunately i'm done with going fast and according the CHP... i need to chill the fuck out... so i'm going the lux'o/VIP route... concentrating more on the luxury and sound aspects with minimal mods done to increase performance.

AGAIN, YOU GUYS/GALS ARE DOPE... MUCHO THANKS
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Needs to clean up

Originally Posted by U4ICTHEORY
i'm done with going fast ... so i'm going the lux'o/VIP route...
Good Luck on your efforts to reconsolidate your life on your new ride
Another recent RL owner here too
Old 09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
-E-K-S-O-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sr4dt
Good Luck on your efforts to reconsolidate your life on your new ride
Another recent RL owner here too
thanks, but i haven't gotten the RL yet, just concidering it and keeping my options open... i just found an 03 TL-S in anthratic with black leather... i know i shouldn't get one because i need to slow down... but damn it, that shit was nice...
Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by U4ICTHEORY
WOW...

thanks for the support, opinions and suggestion.

ABOUT ME:
I made more then enough to pay off my bills, expenses, mortgage, 2 cars, 2 pets, a fiance on disability, and her jobless brother... it all went down hill when our clients could not pay anymore and left us holding the bag. i've tried to help my clients out the most/best i can but if they can't pay up it's me who takes the hit... it's the result of the ecconomy and nothing more. the times are changing and the only way my company could adapt was to layoff which unfortunately included me. EDD wasn't enough to pay for everything so i did my best at eliminating all excess spending including the TL and the house. We're now living in a rental and finally have found ourselves out of the red. I've gotten a new job as an estimator at a local construction company and still remain positive throughout the ordeal.

someone suggested an 2nd gen TL... it was my obvious choice, unfortunately i'm done with going fast and according the CHP... i need to chill the fuck out... so i'm going the lux'o/VIP route... concentrating more on the luxury and sound aspects with minimal mods done to increase performance.

AGAIN, YOU GUYS/GALS ARE DOPE... MUCHO THANKS

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone on this board man. What you do is what you do. People can make judgement about how you carry yourself but in all honesty only YOU know what the truth is. The sad fact is there are certain individuals passing judgement when they knew nothing about your financial situation. Again, you don't need to explain yourself to any of these people. Best of luck and continue to have faith in yourself.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DMZ

Have a nice day ..........
Why don't you learn your history. Here is a couple websites and articles to get you up to speed.

http://www.legalhelpers.com/bankrupt...n-article.html

"In the late 1970's and early 1980's, with no debate, Congress quietly deregulated the home-mortgage lending industry and the credit card industry. The deregulation of the consumer credit industry produced many good things. There is an abundance of credit available. People can go out and borrow money at low interest rates. However, deregulation has also spawned a monster that is slowly devouring the heart of the American middle class. This monster has many faces, the ugliest of which is sub-prime lending, that is, lending to an individual or family that is already in financial trouble."

http://www.stradley.com/articles.php?action=view&id=279

"Legislative deregulation of the banking industry has also fueled the subprime lending industry. In 1980, Congress adopted the Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act (“DIDMCA”). DIDMCA helped the Savings and Loan (“S&L”) industry stay competitive with nonfederally chartered banks where consumers received higher rates of return (Howell, 2006). DIDMCA also enabled the S&Ls to recoup the higher interest rates they were paying by allowing them to preempt state usury laws for loans to consumers secured by first liens on their homes (Howell, 2006).

In 1982, deregulation continued with the passage of the Alternative Mortgage Transaction Parity Act which extended federal mortgage-lending regulations to most residential loans, including the permitted use of variable interest and balloon payments (Howell, 2006).

These laws opened the door for the development of a subprime market, but subprime lending would not become a viable large-scale lending alternative until the passage of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 (“TRA”) (Chomsisengphet and Pennington-Cross, 2006)."

So at least get your facts right before you go giving out bad info. Also guess who was president during the late 70's and early 80's. Jimmy Carter. Guess which party he was part of. The democratic party.

D

Last edited by don5504; 09-30-2008 at 01:58 PM.