Out with the 02, in with the 04!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004 | 11:23 AM
10th Gear

Out with the 02, in with the 04!

After 3 transmissions on my 02 TLS, and one test drive of the new 04 TL, I'm a proud new owner of an 04 TL w/navi! I finally took people's advice and did my homework for about a week. Made some numbers, shopped around and made a deal last night.

If anyone out there is looking into lease options, I suggest leaseguide.com!
I learned so much from this free website. I came in prepared and ready. Compared to what others have posted, my number were great.

Back to the car, it is awesome. The navi and sound system are worth the upgrade alone. I still can't get over how great it feels and drives. I haven't thought of my old TL for a second. This is the perfect replacement!

NL
Old 09-11-2004 | 11:37 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you have many safe, enjoyable miles in your new TL. We have been where you are now, so we know how great you must feel.
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ntljr
After 3 transmissions on my 02 TLS, and one test drive of the new 04 TL, I'm a proud new owner of an 04 TL w/navi! I finally took people's advice and did my homework for about a week. Made some numbers, shopped around and made a deal last night.

If anyone out there is looking into lease options, I suggest leaseguide.com!
I learned so much from this free website. I came in prepared and ready. Compared to what others have posted, my number were great.

Back to the car, it is awesome. The navi and sound system are worth the upgrade alone. I still can't get over how great it feels and drives. I haven't thought of my old TL for a second. This is the perfect replacement!

NL

Would you care to post how much your payment it.
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:14 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ntljr
After 3 transmissions on my 02 TLS, ....

Did you attempt to fight acura on the three trannies through the BBB? sounds like you would have had a great case. That's what I did and I sold them back my '02 TL-S w/ three trannies for an '04TL ..

I love my '04
Old 09-11-2004 | 01:50 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Other than the fact that the TL-S has a better motor w/ better low end torque, the 04 is better in every way. Enjoy!
Old 09-11-2004 | 04:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
Other than the fact that the TL-S has a better motor w/ better low end torque, the 04 is better in every way. Enjoy!
better motor? isn't it the same motor with the 04 having extra 10hp? also i think the dynos for the torque has the 04 on top as well.
Old 09-11-2004 | 05:01 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

That's what I thought when I bought my 04.......

But the engines feel alot different. Maybe it's this new drive by wire throttle thing on the 04 that I dont like. Down in the lower RPMs, the TL-S feels torquier (although they both move the speedometer very quickly). Also, the VTEC changover is more obvious in the type S, with a meaner roar as well. However, the 04 does have this weird torquey surge at a point that is a bit over 6000 RPMs that the TL-S doesnt have. I like both engines, dont get me wrong, but the 04 engine is more refined and smooth, while the Type S is more raw.......
Old 09-12-2004 | 01:40 PM
10th Gear

Sorry for the delay. To answer your questions:

1) My tranny went out only twice. 3 Trannys included the original one it came with. I looked into fight Acura on it, but it was an uphill battle. The week and a half it took to fix the last tranny, I made up my mine that I look get rid of it as soon as I got it back... and I did.

2) My cap cost on 04 TL, Auto with Navi was 33,140. I got a 36 month, 18,000 miles per year lease at 477 (that includes tax). I but 3500 down, and my resid is 16,500. I purchased from Keyes Acura in Van Nuys Ca. They are the biggest in L.A. No one even came close. I took notice of a few things:

-the 40 or so TL's in their back lot
-the fact that Labor Day out here was a bust for dealers, we had quite a heat wave the whole weekend.
-I walked away from the dealer 2 nights in a row, saying I'd think about it.
-They called me, about 4 times a day. Even the sales manager called.

I stuck to my numbers and never moved. I got a fair number for my trade in, even though I know they might make a few $$ on the resale, I didn't get any bites when I placed ad's for it in papers and on internet.

Plus, I has at 59,650 miles, which allows them to sell the car as a certified pre-owned.

I am extremely happy. Took the car downtown last night and the Navi blew all my friends away. The XM radio is the best. There's always something on! Gotta run, taking her out to Starbucks for a Sunday morning ride.

Later guyz,
Nick