Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Open" Door warning light help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Open" Door warning light help

So today i washed my car, like usual i dry the car with a shamois, incl. door jambs. After i was done i moved the car into the garage while i was doing that I noticed my Passenger rear door was open, no big deal. I cut the car off, opened the RR door and shut it and while walking into the house tried locking the car with the fob. It didnt give me the "acknowledge" beep so i played with the fob a bit, still nothing. I got in the car and turned it on, again it said my RR door was ajar, opened and shut it still says open. Figured it was just the door switch so i switched the LR and RR around, didnt do anything for thr RR but it was okay on the LR so i know the switch isnt bad...I also noticed that the sensor reads as "closed" when the bolt doesnt ground the switch, but even with the switch removed from the RR the light stayed on. I figured it wasnt a big deal until i was getting ready to go take it to the dealership, i buckled my seat belt and all of a sudden the light turned off....WTF??? So to sum it up, RR door reads open at all times but when i buckle my seatbelt it turns off. Could it be the wire? BCM? Moisture? Any help would be appreciated.