Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oops! Should have posted this...Took the plunge and got the TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops! Should have posted this...Took the plunge and got the TL

I finally took home my 04 Satin Silver Auto TL with Navi. Got a pretty good deal (i think) from my dealer. Got it for $33300 with All Weather Mats and Lojack included in the price, plus TTL of course.

Haven't driven it much, but so far I'm loving it. It is so smooth to drive, acceleration is so easy for the engine. I still have to finish setting up the Navi, Phone Address Book and also reading the manuals.

Been trying the voice commands for switching the radio, navi, ac, etc. What's your experience with regards to its accuracy? Most of the time, it gets my commands correctly. In some instances though, it goes to a different radio channel from what I told it to. Any suggestions as to the technique to use to make it accurate. Also my daughter's high-pitch voice cannot be recognized most of the time. It doesn't need any voice sampling, does it?

How is it in the snow? Didn't dare drive it yet in the snow that much? Been snowing here in the TriState area for the past few days.

Btw, is Lojack worth it?

Great forum! Thanks guys, you difinitely helped me make my decision easy purchasing the car!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Oops! Should have posted this...Took the plunge and got the TL

Originally posted by DvdGene
I finally took home my 04 Satin Silver Auto TL with Navi. Got a pretty good deal (i think) from my dealer. Got it for $33300 with All Weather Mats and Lojack included in the price, plus TTL of course.

Haven't driven it much, but so far I'm loving it. It is so smooth to drive, acceleration is so easy for the engine. I still have to finish setting up the Navi, Phone Address Book and also reading the manuals.

Been trying the voice commands for switching the radio, navi, ac, etc. What's your experience with regards to its accuracy? Most of the time, it gets my commands correctly. In some instances though, it goes to a different radio channel from what I told it to. Any suggestions as to the technique to use to make it accurate. Also my daughter's high-pitch voice cannot be recognized most of the time. It doesn't need any voice sampling, does it?

How is it in the snow? Didn't dare drive it yet in the snow that much? Been snowing here in the TriState area for the past few days.

Btw, is Lojack worth it?

Great forum! Thanks guys, you difinitely helped me make my decision easy purchasing the car!
Great deal
what is TTL?
How long did you have to wait?
Old 03-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
Congratulations on the car, and welcome! You got a particularly good deal since that $33.3k included Lojack (several hundred $) and the all weather mats ($120 MSRP). The car is fine in the snow with the Turanzas, though there are better tires.

The navi doesn't require any voice sampling, you just have to speak clearly and toward the mike, which is in the center of the headliner. Some commands I still can't get right, though, even after nearly six months (!!!) with this car.

ENJOY!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
TTL is Tax Title License
Old 03-18-2004, 06:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the car right away, dealer had it in stock. TTL is Tax (6%) , Title and License ($320 total).

I was showing off a bit to my wife and kids, activated the ac by voice, which worked, turned on the radio by voice which also worked, but when I tried to switch to a particular radio station, it interpreted it as some other station. Guess I need more practise. I bit embarassing, but overall, they were still impressed.

Any thoughts about adding body side mouldings? I can't bear the thought of it being dinged at the office parking lot.