Which one will you buy.....2006 G35 Skyline 325 HP Coupe V 2006 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005 | 12:52 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lbbrando
That looks bad ass!!!!
I also heard IF they do release the skyline gt-r it will probally be around 90k us dollars. In no class what so ever with the Tl.
ok if that is the price then they probably won't sell too many. who in their right mind would pay that much for a nissan. for 90K i can think of so many other cars that i would rather buy. for another 10K you can get the new M5 which has 500hp. an S4, M3 or corvette z06 would be half the price of the GTR which is insane. you could get an RS6(well they don't make it anymore) for cheaper than 90K and that has 450hp. you could get a bunch of AMG cars that are well under 90K. if nissan did stick to that price tag then they are smoking alot of happy grass.
Old 02-17-2005 | 09:04 AM
G35 Freak

Yes, the US G35 is the same as the Japanese Nissan Skyline. The GTR is a completely different animal. If they come out with the GTR, it is going to be 'based' off of the current G35/Skyline, but compete more with the likes of a 911 and Z06.
Old 02-17-2005 | 05:28 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Yes, the US G35 is the same as the Japanese Nissan Skyline. The GTR is a completely different animal. If they come out with the GTR, it is going to be 'based' off of the current G35/Skyline, but compete more with the likes of a 911 and Z06.
err in that case i rather get the 911, i mean i love the skyline and all but if they are priced the same as a porsche. common who in their right mind would get the nissan over the porsche.
Old 02-17-2005 | 05:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by caball88
common who in their right mind would get the nissan over the porsche.
someone that wasn't compensating for a small penis. If the car is insanely fast. does it really matter who makes it? ever seen the insides of a Ferrari or a Lambo? the interiors look about one step above a kit car.
Old 02-17-2005 | 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

common who in their right mind would get the nissan over the porsche.
Interestingly acura makes a fairly expensive nsx. Using your reasoning who would buy a honda (nsx) over a porsche?
To some people its not the name on the car, but the appearance, performance, comfort that matter.
Old 02-18-2005 | 02:17 AM
Safety Car

shodog, slinks:
i realize your point in evaulating the product as a whole and not just the brand name. that is certainly true.

Shodog:
i have seen the interior of Ferraris and most are pretty sweet looking and goes well with the overall design of the car. not alot of electronics but has some ergonomics to it. only the enzo and 360 stradale which are basically street legal race cars have that kit car feel

Slinks:
the honda/acura nsx has not sold well over the years because of the price tag and its competition. how many nsx's do you see on the road everyday as compared to porsche's? the original projected price tag on the nsx before it came out in 1989 was going to be 50K which would be a bargain for the type of car you were getting and would compete well against corvette's. however when it came out selling for over 80K sales did not do well at all.
Old 02-18-2005 | 01:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PG2G
Personally, I'm expecting the new Skyline to be in the 60-70k range, which would put it in an entirely different category.
I agree. The Skyline will be in a totally different league where not even the current G coupe can tred.
Old 02-18-2005 | 05:39 PM
Racer

if nissan brings this skyline engine to the us and puts it in the G35 coupe i think i am trading in my TL.
Old 02-18-2005 | 05:44 PM
Burning Brakes

shodog, slinks:
the honda/acura nsx has not sold well over the years because of the price tag and its competition. how many nsx's do you see on the road everyday as compared to porsche's? the original projected price tag on the nsx before it came out in 1989 was going to be 50K which would be a bargain for the type of car you were getting and would compete well against corvette's. however when it came out selling for over 80K sales did not do well at all.
No doubt there aren't many nsx's on the road and alot more porsches. And brand name certainly plays a role in things. But I think the reason the nsx isn't selling is because for 90k you only get a 3.0 or 3.2 liter 290 hp engine, which seems far under powered for its cost. I think the next gen nsx is going to fix that up a bit.

Given if two cars were equal and priced equally, I would probably pick the better brand name myself for status reasons. But status isn't everything, and a name brand shouldn't be the overriding factor in buying (or not buying a car).

I agree that there may be better cars at a 60k+ price point than this concept nissan, however all I was saying was I wouldn't discount it from consideration just cuz its a nissan (I would discount it -- if I was in the market -- if I felt its specs weren't up to par).

Anyways, I think from your last post we agree on our points -- just a mis understanding in how they were stated.

Edit: I also think favorably on the nissan brand (even though I've never owned one) so they get some style/performance/reliability points from me when other brands may not.
Old 02-18-2005 | 05:51 PM
Racer

ok if that is the price then they probably won't sell too many. who in their right mind would pay that much for a nissan. for 90K i can think of so many other cars that i would rather buy. for another 10K you can get the new M5 which has 500hp. an S4, M3 or corvette z06 would be half the price of the GTR which is insane. you could get an RS6(well they don't make it anymore) for cheaper than 90K and that has 450hp. you could get a bunch of AMG cars that are well under 90K. if nissan did stick to that price tag then they are smoking alot of happy grass.
Probably the same people who buy's the NSX.90k is what the current NSX with only 290hp.
Old 02-18-2005 | 07:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Slinks
No doubt there aren't many nsx's on the road and alot more porsches. And brand name certainly plays a role in things. But I think the reason the nsx isn't selling is because for 90k you only get a 3.0 or 3.2 liter 290 hp engine, which seems far under powered for its cost. I think the next gen nsx is going to fix that up a bit.

Given if two cars were equal and priced equally, I would probably pick the better brand name myself for status reasons. But status isn't everything, and a name brand shouldn't be the overriding factor in buying (or not buying a car).

I agree that there may be better cars at a 60k+ price point than this concept nissan, however all I was saying was I wouldn't discount it from consideration just cuz its a nissan (I would discount it -- if I was in the market -- if I felt its specs weren't up to par).

Anyways, I think from your last post we agree on our points -- just a mis understanding in how they were stated.

Edit: I also think favorably on the nissan brand (even though I've never owned one) so they get some style/performance/reliability points from me when other brands may not.
agree, i do think our view on this subject is pretty similar.
Old 02-19-2005 | 07:02 PM
Advanced

Smile Skyline

Skyline have many different versions in Japan. When Nissan discontinued R34 (Skyline GT-R), their plan is to have the Skyline production different from that of the Skyline GT-R (thus they currently have Skyline but not GT-R).

Japan have recently stopped the 280hp self limitation on their production car but I read in Japanese car magazines that not many auto makers are interested in going into HP war...as that usually requires stronger body/brakes, etc. which will cost more for customers.

I think RL is the first Japanese car to offically go over 280hp in Japan. They call it the "F1 Limited Edition"...I think Toyota is coming out with a super-sports which is like a new gen of Supra...so does GT-R and new NSX.

A/