Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One week of HELL

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Brother Sum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy One week of HELL

My '95 Acura Legend.. it's chillin.. on ebaymotors.com because i've already picked up my beautiful 2005 TL with Navi. Naturally I park my new TL under my covered parking space at my apartments and move the Legend into the uncovered space behind it. This was last wednesday.

Friday night:

I'm chillin with my roomate, my friend and my girl at the crib watchin a movie, it was about 9pm. Suddenly, the worst hail storm in 20 years starts. It's not little hail, it's golf balls rocketing at my shit. Windows are breaking, i'm yelling, my gf is screaming, shit's getting hecktic. ..first thing to my mind "my cars" running outside I'm getting hammered by hail in the head, it feels like someone is throwing rocks at me, hard...The '95 Legend is trashed.. my babies, the '05 is getting hit on the trunk lid and the rear quarter panel because the hail is coming down at an angle and it's sticking out a little from the covered space, my roomates '04 350z's hood was getting hit.. There's nothing I/we can do.. i'm pissed, I hurt and as suddenly as the hail started, it was over.

Saturday:
I assess the damage, I was so depressed, the car I was going to sell has to get fixed, my new car has to get fixed, i'm looking at 1K in deductibles for starters. I have to forfiet my e-bay auction and the insurance companies phones are busy from all the people calling in. Later that day, I call Acura, the new car manager reminds me that I purchased the 5 years of dent removal for my new TL ($399.99) add on, "yeh, that covers hail too.. you're lucky you bought that".. he says.. "You'll have to wait till the first when your policy is sent in to Dent Wizard by the dealer, bring it here on the first and I'll give you another TL to drive while your's is fixed." Sweet, at least my new car is going to get fixed.. I thought to myself. I'll just have to file a claim on the Legend.

Sunday: A phone call; a guy and his girlfriend saw the Legend on e-bay and still want to come look at it, after about a 1 hour test drive they buy it, cash.. nice. Things are looking up.. all I have to do is wait till the first and get the dings taken out of my new TL.

Monday:
It's 8:00am, i'm leaving for work... I gaze out at my TL in the parking space... "what the *$#%@?" Someone rear ended my new TL. A huge white scrape on the bumper and a slight dent in the quarterpanel. I almost crapped my pants, could I have WORSE luck. I went straight to Acura and showed the new car manager and asked for advice... "With all the hail damage it'll be difficult to get ahold of you insurance company, but you can go to our body shop and get an estimate, it may help speed things up.." he said. I head over to the body shop because of the hailstorm on friday, the Dent Wizard lady from the Dent Wizard Headquarters is on site to help out. " Oh, hail isn't covered on the policy you were sold by the dealer".. more great news... either this lady has no idea what she's talking about or the dealer didn't. I immediately call the new car sales manager, to make this long ass story a little shorter, I had to threaten to give bad reviews to Honda Motor Corp. when they called for their follow up call from me buying a new Acura. Suddenly the really wanted to help me, they decided they would cover the dings from the hail, less $100.00 and I would get the hit on my bumper fixed at the same time, covered by my insurance, ($250.00 deductible). Furthermore, the new car manager offered a new TL for me to drive.

Tuesday: Today:
8:30am, I drop off my TL at the body shop and pick up the loaner TL, the sales guy puts one of those cardboard license dealer plates in the back window.. I'm hauling ass to work, it's a 30 mile drive and my boss is sick of hearing about car trouble. Naturally, staying with the current motif of shittly luck, I get pulled over by a disgruntled motorcycle Austin Police Department cop. He comes over to the passenger window and says "Where's the fire?" or some silly shit like that... As soon as he notices my insurance card is for a 1995 Green Acura Legend.... "who's car is this son?" ... that fat little piggy said
"My car is being fixed at the dealer, and they gave me this car to drive.." He goes around to my side of the car, opens the back door and removes the Dealer Tag. he walks back over to the passenger window.. "Well, let me tell you something.. This tag.. it's no good.. .:RRRIIIPPP:. he rips the dealer plate in half..

At this point.. i'm pretty sure i'm going to get my first homo ride on a cop's Harley Davidson.

The cop writes me a ticket and tells me the dealer should have provided a real plate, their insurance showing that car was under an "umbrella policy" and they know better than to do this.
I get to work. finally and the rest of the day was pretty normal.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Brother Sum

If anyone who reads this prays at night.. just say a little one for me and my TL, to stay out of trouble and end this streak of bad luck...

that's it..

thanks,
J-Tow
Old 03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jtow
At this point.. i'm pretty sure i'm going to get my first homo ride on a cop's Harley Davidson.

Don't worry, they would've called for a squad car to haul you away...
Old 03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow dude. sorry about your bad luck. one hell of week is right. go treat yourself to something nice now.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry. Doesnt get too much worse. I will make sure my dad gets the dent removal plan
Old 03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jtow
.. just say a little one for me and my TL ...
this is the least we can do buddy
cheer up!
it'll be over soon
you've had your share of bad luck for a couple of years in one week
it simply can't go on

speaking about prayers ... look what i found
Old 03-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Man, that had to be the worst possible week ever! At least it's over...you should take a vacation or buy yourself something really nice...you've earned it! Here's to nothing but good luck in the future
Old 03-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Instructor

sorry to hear about your cars. This makes me happy I dont live anywhere that snows or has hail.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Intermediate

Wow!!

Get out of town!!

By the way, did you spill salt, crossed a black cat, or broke any mirrors lately?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Brother Sum

Originally Posted by somi2002
sorry to hear about your cars. This makes me happy I dont live anywhere that snows or has hail.
That's just the thing.. I live in Austin, Texas.. it should never do either here..
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Racer

Man I remember those days when I lived in an apartment here in Dallas. We get the worst damn hell storms I didn't even have covered parking so I had to put on my Dallas Cowboy football helmet to save my ride by moving it into someone else's covered parking space. Maybe it's time to look into getting a house or an apartment with a garage. Good luck to you.
GO SOONERS!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
7th Gear

I live in Austin too

...I just picked up my 05 late Friday afternoon. That night I saw the report of a storm blowing in and said to my wife, "wouldn't it just be my luck to have a hailstorm beat the crap out of the new car..." Within ten minutes the first sound of hail hit the roof. We NEVER get hail - this is the worst in over 20 years. So we run out to the carport and the shit is flying. Huge hunks of ice are hurtling in horizontally, so we grab blankets and towels and cover up the cars. They are mostly covered, but this stuff is shooting at us sideways... and beating the crap out of us. Anyway, ten minutes later it's over and I realize my wife fell down through the ankle deep ice and got rewarded with road rash all over her legs... But on the brighter side the TL came through fine. Not a dent, ripple or wave. My wife's OK too...

Chris L
Austin, Texas
Old 03-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
this is insane!
i've got to find some blankets to carry with me in the trunk all the time
cause the area i live in is known for this kind of storms
last year i barely missed one
drove into the neighborhood after going through a hell of a rain
and all the neighbors were outside kicking ice rocks around
i missed it by a minute or two!