3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One click close rear windows? Modify KP Module?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
One click close rear windows? Modify KP Module?

Is it possible to come up with a mod to allow the rear switches to close the rear windows with one click like the front? or better yet modify the kp module to allow for a one action roll all windows up? (i.e. pressing lock and trunk at the same time) or perhaps a seperate wire/switch that activates the module and closes all windows?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not going to go out to my car to try this, but maybe you can hit the lock button twice with the same delay you use from the remote. I don't recall if the sense wire on the module gets its signal from the door lock solenoid or from something else. But, if it's the solenoid, I'd think it would be tricked into thinking you had his the remote lock button twice.

If I think of it when I leave work, I'll give it a try.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by bluenoise
I'm not going to go out to my car to try this, but maybe you can hit the lock button twice with the same delay you use from the remote. I don't recall if the sense wire on the module gets its signal from the door lock solenoid or from something else. But, if it's the solenoid, I'd think it would be tricked into thinking you had his the remote lock button twice.

ooo thats a good idea. still be nice to have a one touch up though.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
From no auto window up to 2 click auto window up.. now you want 1 touch? Someone is getting lazy here..

There's an thread that discussed this. I think you need to add some type of relay so that the rear windows will close with one touch. I'm sure you can dig it up with search for "relay", "window", "one touch", and a combination thereof.

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datmrman
From no auto window up to 2 click auto window up.. now you want 1 touch? Someone is getting lazy here..

There's an thread that discussed this. I think you need to add some type of relay so that the rear windows will close with one touch. I'm sure you can dig it up with search for "relay", "window", "one touch", and a combination thereof.

Good luck!
Ask him how long it took us to install it last night because he wouldnt listen to the girl.

Yeah, ask him.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Sec's Expert

Originally Posted by xtin
Ask him how long it took us to install it last night because he wouldnt listen to the girl.

Yeah, ask him.

Yeah, but who can blame him. You LB's don't usually know what you're talking about anyway.

Steve
Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Leedogg.. how long did it take you install (whatever you two like to install ) last night?

Just noticed my typo in the last post.. it should read

................old
There's an ^ thread..
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
You can have one touch auto down and auto up with the DEI Module 530T
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by streese
Yeah, but who can blame him. You LB's don't usually know what you're talking about anyway.

Steve
What is an LB?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure ya'll noticed the 1 touch buttons for the front 2 windows feels like it has a extra grip on the bottom of the switch. Like the bottom of the button has something it links onto for a few seconds and releases once the window stops rolling up or down. Think if you just went to the acura parts and got those 2 switches or whatever that are used on the front windows ... then replaced the 2 switches on the drivers door with those 2 new parts for the back windows ... that would work? Of course only the drivers door would only have the 1 touch feature and no the back passenger doors switches. Unless you wanted to buy 2 more switches for the back 2 doors if that kind of mod would work in the 1st place. KP Tech has to be able to come up with someone if worse comes to worse ...

We could prolly use a diagram of the door panel for the drivers door control switches MOD ?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
I'm sure ya'll noticed the 1 touch buttons for the front 2 windows feels like it has a extra grip on the bottom of the switch. Like the bottom of the button has something it links onto for a few seconds and releases once the window stops rolling up or down. Think if you just went to the acura parts and got those 2 switches or whatever that are used on the front windows ... then replaced the 2 switches on the drivers door with those 2 new parts for the back windows ... that would work? Of course only the drivers door would only have the 1 touch feature and no the back passenger doors switches. Unless you wanted to buy 2 more switches for the back 2 doors if that kind of mod would work in the 1st place. KP Tech has to be able to come up with someone if worse comes to worse ...

We could prolly use a diagram of the door panel for the drivers door control switches MOD ?
Did you install your own KP Mod?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by bluenoise

I tried this this morning, but it didn't work.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:20 AM
RAR

Originally Posted by datmrman
Leedogg.. how long did it take you install (whatever you two like to install ) last night?

Just noticed my typo in the last post.. it should read

................old
There's an ^ thread..

On xtin's car, the doorpin lock took 30 mins, and the white plug took another 30 mins. On my car, the damn bumper screw (screw with rubber bumper on it) turned endlessly. Took a needle nose plier, a gouged up door, and 45 mins for that cursed thing.

Made one wiring mistake (Green on the white with red stripe - Apparently there are 2 whites with red stripes...both of which go to a grey connector. Lucky for me, the one I needed to connect to was hidden behind the white door plastic.

On whole it took maybe 3 hrs? dinner was mixed in there so its hard to tell. Plus I had to fix xtin's door as well, as her interior door handle wouldnt open the door.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Safety Car

Gotcha. You're like the third person so far with that running screw that I know of (the other two being lembowski and waacow). It's good to go through Fast4DR's thread as most of that was mentioned somewhere in there.

In the end, glad you got those installed and working.

Back on topic, the DEI 530T, I believe, was mentioned in chesteveb's original auto window up DIY. You might want to look at that thread for any hints/suggestions.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:33 AM
RAR

omg I looked at that dei thing. more goddamn wires. lots more.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by leedogg
On xtin's car, the doorpin lock took 30 mins, and the white plug took another 30 mins. On my car, the damn bumper screw (screw with rubber bumper on it) turned endlessly. Took a needle nose plier, a gouged up door, and 45 mins for that cursed thing.

Made one wiring mistake (Green on the white with red stripe - Apparently there are 2 whites with red stripes...both of which go to a grey connector. Lucky for me, the one I needed to connect to was hidden behind the white door plastic.

On whole it took maybe 3 hrs? dinner was mixed in there so its hard to tell. Plus I had to fix xtin's door as well, as her interior door handle wouldnt open the door.
I love how you make it sound like I was sitting on the couch eating bon bons.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
RAR

Xtin was crucial. I couldnt have done it without her =) ...and maybe her wiring wizard fiance too.

besides, u told him to ask how long it took me, not us!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I was hesitant to start a new thread, but would there be anyway to modify the car alarm to trigger the doors to lock twice, in turn putting the windows up. Also, it would be nice if some rain sensor could be tied into this, is there anyway that could be done?

Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 PM
B A N N E D

lol the rain thing sounds kinda tyte
Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

Since all windows can be rolled up or down with the key in the drivers door, it would seem that one would just have to tap into the circuit that is in the locking mechanism that does this. If someone has a wiring diagram this could be worked out in short order.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

^That is exactly what the KPT module does

It waits for the lock solenoid to recieve power twice in a certain time constraint, and then activates the lock cylinder thing for X seconds. They do sell aftermarket windshield rain sensors to turn on wipers. I am not sure on there power consumption, though I assume it is small. Anyway, using the existing timing in the KPT module(which I plan on getting, and definatly will if there is another group buy) I'm sure it could be wired up somehow so the relay for the wipers would pulse twice. Preferbly I would like to have it so the unit(sensor) received power only when the windows were down, which I assume would require tapping into one or more window sensors.

Mike