Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oklahoma TL Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Oklahoma TL Owners

Curious who on this board is in Oklahoma and where they get work done on their TL's? I purchased my 2004 TL new from Don Carlton Acura in Tulsa, OK and have been treated fairly well. Any others in the area have good places besides the dealer for service or aftermarket work done. I know OKC has Bob Howard, but I think those are the only two Acura dealers in the state. Nothing on the list at the moment, but always good to have a few options if something of interest comes up. Like those lighted door sills, wow those look NICE!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought my 06 from Don Carlton in June. Left all my dealerships in Kansas behind because they offered me the best price and were the most friendly. Negotiated price over the phone and was very pleased.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Quick second try... Any TL owners in Oklahoma out there.. If so where do you bring your TL when not going to the dealer. Maybe most of us are too new models to be asking this question, but also looking for good places for aftermarket work if I go that route...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
now with four rings

first of all, it's a relief to see others on this site from oklahoma....for the longest time i've thought i was the only one from this state visiting here...

i'm in tulsa and bought my certified '04 TL in may 2006 from (of course) don carlton acura...i take it there when i want to make sure things are done right instead of going to a shop...my car is still under warranty since we bought it certified, so until that runs out (another 3,000+ miles), i'll be going there...

i just had my AEM cold air intake installed by a shop that my father-in-law recommended me too...he knows the owner so i went there and they did a sweet job! ...the shop is called Superwrench and they're just north of 61st street on Garnett...

so there's two of us from oklahoma...anyone else...? ...i'd really like to meet up with at least one person around here with a TL...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Advanced

I just moved to the OKC area a couple months ago. I've been getting my work done at Bob Howard and they've been pretty good to me. One odd thing that I've noticed there was that they don't provide any full synthetic oil, I've been having to bring my own in.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
10th Gear

Another Okie!

Hey, good to hear there's some other Oklahoma folks hanging out on the list. I'm in Tulsa. I've had great results with Carlton, but another alternative is 4Star Automotive. They've got some ex-dealer techs and do work on all kinds of Acuras up to and including NSXs.

I've bought an '93 Legend LS Sedan and, more recently, an '04 TL w/NAV from Carlton. Very happy with them.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:35 PM
now with four rings

rwbentley, whereabout in tulsa are you? ...i drive the creek turnpike and highway 75 everyday to work and back...maybe i've seen you...
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Instructor

ah... glad to see more Okie's on the site and that's why I bumped this thread again. I see too many TL's around the area not to find some. As mentioned I've got a 2004 that I got from Don Carlton back in Dec. 2003. My wife and I love the car. Ours is a non-navi SSM AT with body side moldings, wing, and roof deflector. I have an OSU plate so if you see one on a TL it's probably me or my wife. I've seen another silver TL with an OSU alumni sticker on the center of the rear bumper, but that is not me.

I've also heard good reviews from others about 4 Star automotive. My car still is under warranty so Carlton gets all my work at the moment (oil changes mainly, warranty work too). Carlton has treated me very well and can't complain about them at all. I like them so far. I've heard of superwrench, but by name only. I'll have to keep them in mind if I do anything to it. It's all stock at the moment, but maybe new wheels in a few years once the toyo's (i put 245/45 on it) wear off. Rimz your wheels look nice . Curious about your intake look.. would you mind posting a pic of it. I'm always tempted to upgrade my car, but just haven't done anything to it.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
now with four rings

thanks for the compliment on my wheels OK_TL, but that picture of my car under my name has been photoshopped...my car looks stock on the outside...only thing i've done to it, besides put LED lights on it, is the cold air intake...

yeah, i can post a pic of the intake...i can tell you right now that it made a very noticeable difference in power and sound...my front tires spin most of the way through first now, if i accelerate hard from a stop...the sound is very aggressive around 4-6000 rpm and the increased speed is amazing! i think it's one of the best mods you can do to your car...

whereabout in tulsa do you drive most, OK_TL?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys in OK need to have a meet with us in Dallas/FW! Maybe we can meet half way somewhere, when the weather gets better. I know our members here love to travel and hook up with others. Maybe we could do a Red River Meet? That would be cool! PM me if you want to discuss.

Or...come visit us at www.acuraclubtexas.com !
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
now with four rings

here are two shots of my AEM cold air intake installed...

originally i was going to get the polished color, but it was out of stock, so i went with the silver one and it looks great...i got it for $200 from a store on ebay plus $35 shipping...

i'll be working on my new design for www.TLofTulsa.com in hope to get TL owners around Tulsa together...meeting with you guys down in DFW would be great...maybe this summer...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Instructor

rimz, thanks for the pics.. it does look good.. I've also book marked your site to see how it goes.. please be sure and post to this forum as it take more shape.. the only real mod to my car is a car seat... as we just had our first baby last week so the TL now also transports the kid as needed..

as for my driving in the tulsa area mainly its hw 75 for the daily commute, but i use the creek when going into tulsa a lot as I live in the jenks/glenpool area. we may have crossed paths as sound like you run on hw75 also..

be safe out there and watch out for all that sand on the roads... i was on hw75 today and a truck flew by me and just threw it all over me.. I'm sure I got a few chips from it...
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 PM
now with four rings

congratulations on the new joy in your life, OK_TL...i have a soon-to-be six year old, so i know how it is to have a kid in the car...i have a boy and he LOVES the TL! ...he refers to it as 'the fast car'...

yes, i take highway 75 to and from work daily...i have seen one or two TL's around here with OSU (go pokes!) license plates, so it may have been you...

i will definitely keep everyone updated in this thread about my site...currently it's a temp site for a project my friend and i have been working on, but soon, it should be up and running...
Old 01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
rm -rf *

Another Okie chiming in. All late & stuff. I live in OKC and bought my 05 in March 05 from Bob Howard. They treated me right on price, trade, etc. I don't take my car there for service because I live on the opposite end of the metroplex from them.

I use a mechanic in Moore. The name of the shop is Beneficial Automotive. The guy that runs the shop is verrrry anal retentive about things, so I never have any worries. They are awesome there! Fortunately all I've had to have done so far is oil changes. Brakes are starting to squeak a bit so a brake job is in my near future. About once a month, they send out $25 coupons for service jobs.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 PM
10th Gear

Hey Tulsa folks I'm in the south Tulsa area (101st & Yale) I usually drive Creek/75 to work unless I'm dropping one of the kids off at school. Then I *carefully* head north on Riverside I drive Anthracite, completely stock. Need to get an OSU sticker put on the back to show my true colors!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by rwbentley
Hey Tulsa folks I'm in the south Tulsa area (101st & Yale) I usually drive Creek/75 to work unless I'm dropping one of the kids off at school. Then I *carefully* head north on Riverside I drive Anthracite, completely stock. Need to get an OSU sticker put on the back to show my true colors!
holy crap, i'm at 91st & yale...every morning i get on the creek turnpike heading west towards work and i've seen a white TL and also an anthracite one, if i remember right...so i may have seen you before, rwbentley...coming home from work i've passed a woman driving an anthracite TL numerous times...
Old 01-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Advanced

I am in Tulsa, living around the 101st and Riverside area. I have a 2006 TL w/Navi anthracite/ebony. It has 20% tint, the s-type lip spoiler, and a clear bra.

I have taken mine to Don Carlton a couple of time. I hate them because they seem to do a poor job of diagnosing problems and seem to not be able to completely fix things in one attempt.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Instructor

rimz/rwbently - I'm out a bit further south than you guys 131st and hw 75 area. I take hw75 into downtown. I've seen some other TL's on the way and know of at least 4 others within a block of where I park downtown. Daily I see a black one with stock chrome wheels, a ssm like me, and another ssm(maybe anthrite) with the optional 18's on it. I've seen the white TL on the road also on HW75 too. Glad you both like OSU also. . I think I've seen one or two TL's with the A-Spec kit on it also on the creek.

We might have driven by each other before since we are all on hw75 a lot. I usually keep an eye out for TL's so may have seen both of you at some point.

sinisterk - glad to hear another okie on the forum. I almost got my car at Bob Howard.. They were very close on price with Don Carlton.. Doesn't seem like you can lose with either dealer on the price.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gosuns
I am in Tulsa, living around the 101st and Riverside area. I have a 2006 TL w/Navi anthracite/ebony. It has 20% tint, the s-type lip spoiler, and a clear bra.
Where did you get the clear bra at and did you have it installed or DIY?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The executive policy on this type of thread has changed and we would like all discussions of this type posted in the Acurazine Clubs & Meets Forum. Since we can't move threads into other forums, please repost there if you wish to continue this discussion.