Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, Here's THE DEAL.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb OK, Here's THE DEAL.....

With gas gone nut's. We need to find a way to get high octane. Right? I think I found something. You tell me..... OK?

Please take some time and look.

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/

I had it in my bike (Ninja 1100) all winter. With noting Else! No stable or seafoam. I have now had time to really ride it this spring. It did start right up. Thats a first. Ran strong, I mean fresh gas strong!! It runs like full 93 octane. This is also a first. I have had two winters in a row where I had to dump the old gas, it wouldn't even burn. And stunk up the garage bad!! I had to remove the jets and replace them. Because they were so clogged.

If it can do this I believe there claims. Hope you went to there site!

I sent them an email to see if it was available for my 06TL. Here is what they said=

"Dear Scott,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. The
application for your Acura is a F6T, cost $149.95. This is our
drop-in units that go directly into the fuel tank. I believe your
vehicle has a siphon block in the filler neck, if so you would need
to remove the filler neck at the fuel tank and drop the units in or
remove the in tank fuel pump access panel and drop the units in. I
sent installation instructions as an attachment for your review. If
you have any additional questions please email or call me.

Thanks

Robert
Customer Service/Tech Support
888-881-2774"

Please take a look. Let me know what you think! OK?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
$150 and they don't include the snake oil?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
RickRoush03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put it in and give it a shot, you tell us how it works!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Man of God.....

So you don't believe my Ninja story? Or don't think that if one clam is met that the others will be also?
I just know what it did in my bike. Now I am asking for other info from you guys that know about this product.

Was hoping for a group buy....
Old 04-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Racer

No disrespect, but I'm a little confused here. You have a $32K+ car and you want to modify it with something to save some bucks ($0.20 per gallon reg vs. prem?) on gasoline?

I know the run up in prices has a lot of people shaken, but have you computed what it really costs you?

Let's say you drive 20K mile per year and get 25 mpg. That would compute to an extra $160 per year for prem over reg gas. That's a little over $3.00 per week!

Will this widget void your warranty? Can it mess up the fuel system somehow?

Why would you even remotely want to chance it?

gurney
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Man of God.....

No disrespect, "none taken"
Maybe I didn't say this right. I just want more performance from my 39k car!! I don't what the ping sensor going off with the 91 Octane gas, under hard (full) acceleration! Not at all! If it senses pre-detonation we loose power, even if only a little!

This product will boost the Oct to at least 93. So thats what I meant to say. Not that I would buy regular. Sorry for the confusion.......

Does this make sense to anyone but me?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Post the installation instructions?

Looks interesting. I like the environmental aspects. Seems like a worthy investment for the life of the car.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
RickRoush03

didn't say i don't believe your story, just that its not worth it to me, and i have just heard about this from your post, never anywhere else. so, do it and give us feedback on how it works on your TL
Old 04-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Man of God.....

OK, Thanks for the answer back. Hey is that a Ninja? In your avatar? Hard to see, but looks like it to me! Man mine is getting old. Its a 97. But it's also about 140 at the wheel. It just NEVER says no!! All I ever hear from it is GO!!!Thanks again, I do plan to buy this. Just been swamped latly..... One full time job, two part timers.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Spiritman
No disrespect, "none taken"
Maybe I didn't say this right. I just want more performance from my 39k car!! I don't what the ping sensor going off with the 91 Octane gas, under hard (full) acceleration! Not at all! If it senses pre-detonation we loose power, even if only a little!

This product will boost the Oct to at least 93. So thats what I meant to say. Not that I would buy regular. Sorry for the confusion.......

Does this make sense to anyone but me?
Sorry for misunderstanding your question. Interesting idea.

I use Exxon 93 octina and haven't heard the ping sensor go off. Maybe I'm just not pushing hard enough!

gurney
Old 04-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I use Exxon 93 octina and haven't heard the ping sensor go off. Maybe I'm just not pushing hard enough!

gurney
Come on :killer: , the gas pedal is on the right...get on it!

J/K

I have to admit, I don't know what the ping sensor is . All we have is 93 here, and I do push it from time to time, but I've never seen anything out of the ordinary or heard anything go off. Does using 91 cause some sort of problem if you drive aggressively?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Come on :killer: , the gas pedal is on the right...get on it!

J/K

I have to admit, I don't know what the ping sensor is . All we have is 93 here, and I do push it from time to time, but I've never seen anything out of the ordinary or heard anything go off. Does using 91 cause some sort of problem if you drive aggressively?
Hey chill, back off!

Today's my birthday, show a little respect.....................or pity.

gurney
Old 04-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Man of God.....

Happy Birthday!! Ya old fart!! Now before ya get pissed check my age....

About the ping deal. I don't think its audible. It just retards the timing advance, a tad. I think?

OK, tech-no-geeks here is your Q!!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:23 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Sounds to me like another infomercial scam, just like the Tornado.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/showthread.php?t=11
Old 04-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Man of God.....

I read his site. Then emailed him about my Ninja. I tell you this stuff works. Now before anyone asks. No I don't work for them. No they are not paying me to sell this here....
Old 04-29-2006, 03:40 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Taken from their Canadian web site
I am not endorsing this just posting for informative value.

Product Description

The Fitch® Fuel Catalyst is composed of a heterogeneous metal alloy that is a true catalyst by definition in that it affects, but does not become a part of, the fuel. The Fitch® Fuel Catalyst improves the combustibility of hydrocarbon fuels by treating the fuel immediately before it enters the combustion chamber. As the fuel is exposed to Fitch® Fuel Catalyst in the fuel tank of small engines or as it passes through a canister containing the catalyst in the fuel line of larger engines, the catalyst acts on the naturally degraded extreme ends of the fuel spectrum. The catalyst acts on impurity molecules in fuel converting them into extremely active small molecules which have the effect of cracking any long-chain paraffins to form lower molecular weight saturated alkanes. As a result, fuel burns cleaner and more completely, improving the combustion process. This process is similar to the cracking process used to create different fuels at an oil refinery.

By facilitating more complete combustion, the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst improves fuel economy and increases power, while reducing emissions. The use of the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst also results in cleaner engine oil, reduced carbon buildup in the engine, easier starting, reduced maintenance, and prolonged engine life.

The Fitch® Fuel Catalyst may be used on any size internal combustion engine. The product is now in use on thousands of engines worldwide ranging from small 1/4 horsepower string trimmers to large commercial and marine engines in excess of 5,000 horsepower. The Fitch® Fuel Catalyst may be used with gasoline, diesel, methanol and other liquid fuels.

On small engines such as chain saws, lawn mowers and motorcycles, the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst is installed directly into the fuel tank. All larger engines are treated with an in-fuel line application the size of which is based on the horsepower (or fuel flow) of the engine. The Fitch® Fuel Catalyst is maintenance-free and will last for the life of the engine in non-commercial applications or 250,000 miles or 5,000 operating hours in commercial applications.

HOW IT WORKS

The Fitch catalyst process works in a manner similar to the cracking process used in the petroleum industry to make high octane gasolines.

Imagine a bell-shaped curve representing the components of the fuel. The most combustible materials are in the middle range and make up the majority of the fuels composition but at either end there are elements that cause ignition problems. The lighter components burn too fast causing pre-ignition and the heaviest components burn slowly causing late ignition resulting in smoke and carbon buildup-- it is these problem components on which the catalyst works.

Through an electro-chemical reaction the Fitch catalyst converts these lighter and heavier components into energy producers rather than to excess smoke.

USE IT ON YOUR OWN VEHICLE OR EQUIPMENT

In order to fully appreciate the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst you have to see it work for yourself. Drop an F-2T unit into your chainsaw or trimmer or put an F-4T into your lawn mower-or install an F-5T into your motorcycle or ATV. You will quickly notice that your equipment will start easier, smoke less and have more power. Then install a Fitch® Fuel Catalyst in-line unit on your car or truck after establishing a fuel mileage baseline and monitor the results.

HOW WILL I KNOW THAT IT IS WORKING?

Certain things can be quickly observed. The engine may run smoother and quieter. More power may be felt and there may be less exhaust smoke. However the most objective way to measure is by having a baseline of information for comparison of "before" and "after." This data can be based on fuel economy (miles per gallon), emissions of Hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO), engine oil analysis, or performance.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Advanced

Here is what I found

from their web page:
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/sta...ningafter.html

Note 7: Will the Fitch Fuel Catalyst damage carburetor jets or injectors? Absolutely Not! The Fitch Fuel Catalyst does not add anything to Fuel. The Fitch treated fuel will help keep the jets or injectors clean.

This leads me to believe this product only removes moisture or something from the tank allowing the gas to be closer to it original state rather than be polluted by contaminates.

Actually usefull? Probably not unless you have a situation where there is realy chance of moisture or whatever this thing actualy affects. My issue is that there is no direct description of what it does or how it works. For me, no thanks.

I go to a gas station that sells good gas (so far) so I think that is the best solution.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by TL Dude

I go to a gas station that sells good gas (so far) so I think that is the best solution.

These are good places: http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Old 05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All we have in CA is 91 octane, and believe me I push mine hard enough. I have never heard the ping sensor go off.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Man of God.....

About the ping deal. I don't think its audible. It just retards the timing advance, a tad. I think?

OK, tech-no-geeks here is your Q!!
Did ya read this? I posted it before.......
Old 05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

All I use is Shell V-Power (it's either 93 or 94 octane here. I think the 94 is marketed as "Ultra"). I push the car hard at times, and have never seen/felt any degradation in performance when getting on the right pedal.

I live out in BFE, so my options are limited anyway.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Man of God.....

OK, on 5-10-6 I ordered this for ALL my gas powered stuff. Yes, that means my TL also.......
Old 05-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Man of God.....

Well now for "The Rest of The Story"!!

OK,
Here is how it went. I tried to insert the "pills" into the tank via the flex tube/filler. Just before the tank itself. No cigar! The siphon blocker must be like right at the tank. So I went after the fuel pump hatch in the trunk. And man was that nylon locknut tight! Couldn't make it budge! So I went to my dealer, to see if I could borrow his 07AAA-S0XA100. As we all know, thats the tool you need to get in to the pump. A $78. tool! For one time. I think not!! To make this a little shorter story. One of the mach. felt sorry for me and said he would smuggle it out the back door. Then he said BRING THIS BACK TODAY!

Well the rest of of this install was a snap. On my test drive before installing the Fitch. I was going like 65mph. Getting about 33MPG-34MPG. Per the on-board computski. After I changed the MT lube to RedLine MTF (the only other thing I changed) and adding the Fitch. Same road, same day (weather) Same tank of gas. I was seeing 37MPG to 38MPG at the same speed. Both times I was using the Cruse Control.

You tell me..........
Old 06-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Instructor

A friend of mine swears he gets like 45MPG in his 04 Nissan Maxima with this Fuel Catalyst thing. He uses a different one though.

Dr Fuel Max

I'm curious about what everyone thinks about this.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM
acura-cl.com OG

i am skeptical about it, i would like to see dyno charts or something
either that or some more owners testify that this thing really works
Old 06-14-2006, 04:16 PM
10th Gear

You asked if we believed the claims and no belief from my side. Between the two products the claims are to wild and fret with conlusions about molcules and ions that do not make sense. They also talk to speeding up the combustion process which is what in turn causes detonation. The higher the octane of a fuel the lonbger and slower th burn rate is. This is why you can run much more advance and higher compressions, you are starting the inigiton sequence much earlier in order to get a complete burn, which is in fact not complete nor efficient. This talks to increasing the efficiency of the burn yet changing the molecular composition, but how can you increase the percentage of bunr yet slow it down enough to emulate a higher octane, you cant.

It is also suspect that the poster has posted the same story at http://www.biofuelsforum.com/general...ke_hype-2.html april 06

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.c...=117466&page=8
Old 06-14-2006, 05:52 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
What a crock. If this stuff was that good, would they be selling it over the internet along with those people selling "genuine" erectile dysfunction drugs and overnight weight loss pills?

Hell, no. The car mfr's would be beating their doors down and fighting over who gets it.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyshadow
A friend of mine swears he gets like 45MPG in his 04 Nissan Maxima with this Fuel Catalyst thing. He uses a different one though.

Dr Fuel Max

I'm curious about what everyone thinks about this.
Well to be honest it looks like a dildo with holes in it.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by lembowski
Or a metallic tampon with holes.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lembowski

Funny, i was thinking the same thing.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Weapon X

So if you do indeed, decide to do it. Getting to the tank is the hard part.
And yeah $78 for a part to get to it, may not be worth it.
I will try it in my motorcycle first.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by GRich4u
So if you do indeed, decide to do it. Getting to the tank is the hard part.
And yeah $78 for a part to get to it, may not be worth it.
I will try it in my motorcycle first.
PT Barnum once said: "There's a sucker born every minute"
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Weapon X

Originally Posted by DMZ
PT Barnum once said: "There's a sucker born every minute"
Yeah we all realized that the minute you were born.
Hmmmm how interesting..... A 51 yr old man comes in and tries to make an insult, without understanding what the product is about.
Maybe to set in his ways and thinks he knows everything.
I can afford to take a chance with a $6000 mortorcycle vs a $36000 car. Can you?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:42 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Hmmmm how interesting..... A 51 yr old man comes in and tries to make an insult, without understanding what the product is about.
I can afford to take a chance with a $6000 mortorcycle vs a $36000 car. Can you?
So ...... do you know "what the product is about"?

I mean, do you believe you can drop a thingy in your gas tank and all of a sudden 87 octane gas becomes 93 or whatever?

But maybe you're a petrochemical engineer and know all about those long-chain and short-chain hydrocarbons, and "oxygen-active ions with a positive “D” electron charge'", etc.

But the experts I read tell me the "lighter compounds" in gasoline are basically the equivalent of paint thinner, and you don't want those things being created. Not that a cannister full of magic beads will do that anyway, since it's a function of catalytic cracking, which takes place under controlled conditions of high heat and pressure ... not in your gas tank.

There actually are catalysts that can affect the compounds in gasoline - even in your tank - but they work very slowly and produce no dramatic results.

So maybe old P.T. Barnum was right after all.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm very skeptical! Every car manufacturer would pay big bucks for something that will increase their fleet mileage. Fitch wouldn't have to sell their product individually to get their money! Just sell it to the car manufactures or engine manufactures.

I didn't see any patented or patent pending notice for the product on their web site. May be I missed it but it's usually not hidden if there is one or an application for one has been submitted. Not seeing it really makes me wonder about the product.

I would think they would be interested in protecting their invention. Was it not approved by the patent office? Or did they not want to waste their time?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:04 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Consumer Reports, Nov 2005

Gas savers: They still don't work

With gas prices still high, readers have asked us to weigh in on products that promise better fuel economy. We tested three: Fuel Genie, Platinum Gas Saver, and Tornado. Our advice: Don't waste your money. They don’t work. This isn't news. We've tested such devices over the years and have not found any that improve fuel economy. The Environmental Protection Agency, whose Web site lists scores of devices that the agency has tested in the past 30 years, including the Platinum Gas Saver, has had similar results.

Fuel Genie
Platinum Gas Saver
Tornado

The Fuel Genie, $90, which promises more power and better gas mileage, is a plastic device with curved blades that fits inside the air-intake hose. The airflow is supposed to allow for better performance. But in our tests with a 2004 Toyota Tundra and a 2004 Dodge Stratus, we saw no significant improvement in performance or fuel economy. The Tornado, $70, is a similar device made of stainless steel. It is the same product we tested for a July 1999 report, when we said it didn't improve power or gas mileages in two test vehicles.

The Platinum Gas Saver, $119, includes tubing and a plastic reservoir containing liquid. It is the same device we tested for our report in February 2001. You connect it to a vacuum line leading to the intake manifold. The manufacturer says that microscopic platinum particles from the liquid are sucked through the line, helping your car burn gas more efficiently and cleanly. In our previous tests, there were no changes in fuel economy after we installed the device in two test vehicles.

The bottom line: The best way to get the most from a tank of gas is to follow the vehicle manufacturer's service schedule.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, this 51 year old whose been around longer than you speaks from experience. And if you go to their site, you'll see there's no money back guarantee if you use it and it doesn't work. If you still want to go out and flush your $$$ down the toilet, go right ahead, be my guest. I'll be waiting with baited breath for an HONEST evaluation on your part to see just how right PT Barnum really was.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/reports.htm
Old 06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Weapon X

I am not a petrochemical engineer, so no I do not know about short-chain hydrocarbons. Nor have I claimed to be an expert on it.
I just simple say do the research on a product before coming in and insulting someone
Also I dont expect a majic pill that changes 87 octane gas to 93. Thats a dream.
I am a realist everything has PRO's and CON's. The people that have tried it appear to have had hands on results of it working.
The other three products that DMZ mentioned I've heard of as well and they are without results, Im not saying totally but maybe in a certain situation or certain type of car,,ehhh maybe it will work.
Its no different than someone trying FP60 or LC20 in their car. Some claim it works some dont.

Its a $40 piece of metal and plastic. Look at it like this you could take $40 to a casino and loose it.
No sweat on $40 from my end, if it works cool if not no biggy. Like I said I would rather test it in my motorycle where its easy access than my car.

Just because a man has been around 51 years does not make him more experienced. Go tell that to a 12yr old child. You may be experienced in what you do, no different than I. It does not make you wise on everything. I have a masters degree and that doesnt make me smarter than someone that doesnt.
PT Barnum may be right, but go push that on somebody else.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Man of God.....

Angry Please stop.....

I am very sorry I even started this here. Please hold you crap for the trash can. I told you the truth about everything. Take it or leave it. But GROW UP!!!!! Now I hope this thread gets closed. It will be a long time for me before I try to share any info in the playpen.....
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Instructor

I am very sorry I even started this here. Please hold you crap for the trash can. I told you the truth about everything. Take it or leave it. But GROW UP!!!!! Now I hope this thread gets closed. It will be a long time for me before I try to share any info in the playpen.....

Not a bad idea before it gets really ulgy.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Thanks for the info spiritman, it's very interesting stuff and it seems you were just trying to help.

Everything in this thread was expected, it's good to have debates and ideas going around, sometimes it's not expressed the best way, but it's still good.

Quick Reply: OK, Here's THE DEAL.....