3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYPD Ticket Quotas

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Oh yeah, I am not totally defending cops here. As a matter of fact I am not too fond of them. If it wasn't for the fact I know a few I would be thrashing them, trust me.

Let me correct myself.....I got pulled over a few times since 2003, probably 5 other times, but no tickets.

Just got pulled over 3 wks ago just 30 minutes after having my tints put on. He pulled me over for no reason....I was courteous and normal and he didn't say a thing and let me go. Didn't even show my PBA card. Maybe it's the way I talk?

I was just sayin he's been pulled over a lot lately and is a heap of trouble. If he wants to stay on the road he has to reduce the chance of ever getting pulled over again for the next 5 yrs.

As Dr. Phil says; when you have a problem, first thing you gotta do is look at yourself first and say "OK, now what am I doin wrong?"
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 AM
King of NYC

I never talked myself out of a speeding ticket, people rarely can talk themselves out of that nowadays. I talked myself out of a lot of near calls over the last 5 years:

Almost ran a stop sign, almost ran a red light, almost 2 DUIs, almost parking in a fire lane, almost getting a parking ticket, almost a ticket for tint.

What I mean by ALMOST is that I was not blatantly breaking the law but I was right at the limit of facing trouble and the cop wanted to ask questions. They could nail me if they thought I was acting like a smartass. There was an escuse I explained each time, I talked myself out of it and the cop let me go.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
ive talked myself out of ALOT of tickets... never a speeding ticket in NY !! however, i've gotten them in Connecticut, and key west florida.. key west was fun, cop was being a dick like in meet the fockers "Please turn off the ve-hick-le"

i got pulled over 3 times in may for my tints on Blackura (10%)... everytime i fed the cop some bullshit story about it being a show car, and i never really drive it.... he bought it!!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocky... Dude i was entering the highway on my way to work. There something you guys don't understsand here. At the end of each months those kiss ass cops that want to loook good to their superior will give out tickets just to complete their ticket book. He gave me 3 tickets. for tints. Why not 4 or 5 maybe he just needed 3 to complete this month. Guess what i drove me there again today and they were not there. I was going about 5mph when entering the highway. Is a very busy area. Maybe is my north face coat and my earing.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got all u beat lol.... I AM NOT ALLOWED TO GET A LICENSE IN NY. Imagine my record?....Never ever. Black I feed them the show car BS all the time. They love stickin their head in and askin me to pop the trunk when they see a fiberglassed trunk and stupid amounts of sound equipment most of their jaws drop and I get let go. but they always forget to look at the mileage. lol
Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
Obviously kissing ass is a big deal, but I need some help understanding these pba cards and "mini badges"? How come cops receive these to give to family members/friends? How come when a family member of a cop is speeding, its different than when a stranger is speeding? I really don't understand this, it seems that the"breaking of the law" of "speeding" isn't really what it is. Either way you are speeding no matter what you do, no matter who you are.

Whats the deal here?

its called professional courtesy.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by backofmyac
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it became a law that no one in NY could have tints on their windows because of that shooting a while back when some cops pulled someone over and the guys shot the two cops, and killed one of them? I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted this weekend. Anyone suggest a place, preferrably in Queens or L.I.? should I get that moleskin crap before I get the tints?

NY is trying to put this into effect after the shooting you mentioned above. It takes sometime before it becomes official.

Not sure about the place to get your tints in Queens or LI but definately get the moleskin.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
Jay I once got out of my car to beat this cop to his grave... he was one of those "tough guys" in the neighborhood turned asshole cop.... anyway.... him and his friends jumped me when i was younger for no apparent reason...just to do it....but I dont forget faces....so when this asshole pulled me over and threatened me with tickets and rolled his sleaves up and I saw tats I was like this guy remembers me and thinks Im not getting out to slam his face into the pavement... i got out closed the door and got in his face. said u dont remember me jerk off? and I kept walking towards him like i was gonna kill him... now let me say Im 225lbs of muscle..... twice that guys size from when i was a child and now.....so when u see me coming at u its either get out of the way or fight. He turned to his partner screamed YOOO LETS GO! I stopped. they jumped in the car and dipped. Talk about BS huh?? He pulled me over for no reason either....it was one of those bad days to mess with a person.
Big tough guy there; lucky you aren't dead.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
LyfeIs, absolutely not true, as long as you respect them, they will return the favor.

Two of my best friends are cops....It's all about how you present your self. When I pull over, I turn the car off, put the keys on the top of the dash, turn the interior map lights on, and I await instructions...and I sir them to death, lol...it works.
lmaol sad but true
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
ive talked myself out of ALOT of tickets... never a speeding ticket in NY !! however, i've gotten them in Connecticut, and key west florida.. key west was fun, cop was being a dick like in meet the fockers "Please turn off the ve-hick-le"

i got pulled over 3 times in may for my tints on Blackura (10%)... everytime i fed the cop some bullshit story about it being a show car, and i never really drive it.... he bought it!!
lol... nice one
Old 01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Racer

HOW I GOT A GOD DAMN TICKET FOR THROWING AWAY A RECEIPT....!
WENT TO COURT JUDGE JUST LAUGHED AND SAID 50 DOLLARS.... GO HOME
Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Cruisin'

Each cop has a different quota #, if they don't have enough it will go on their record. Did you guys know cops get written up too. They have ppl that go around to make sure cops are dressed and acting properly. If they get caught with their hat off on the streets, and other BS it goes on their record. But I do agree NY Cops are terrible, they like to pick out nice cars with tinted windows. Like 2 years ago, I got 5 tickets 1 time on the staten island expressway. 1 for speeding, 1 for tailgating. 1 for endangering the road, 2 for tints. This was 3am Sunday in morning where there are no cars. I felt that i only deserved the speeding ticket but he wanted to be a dick to me because im young. I hired a lawyer and the case is still going on, the lawyer told me Staten Island is the hardest to get your tickets dismissed. So far my lawyer has dismissed 3 speeding tickets for me in brooklyn. Its not even about paying the tickets, i just dont want points under me then my insurance will find out then I will end up paying more money than i have to. Other States are lucky, I got a speeding ticket in Delaware last summer for going 90 in a 55 zone, the cop only wrote down 70 and the ticket was only about $60. Does anyone know if this is true, I was told if you get several tickets like every 3 points it's another few hundred dollars? I heard it was a new law or something.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Safety Car

each cop doesnt have a quota its by dept. they have a system. they need to reach a certain amount of ticket in a category.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
King of NYC

You guys are complaining about NYPD? I think they are so cool compared to where I'm from. They got better things to do. They're more likely to let you go.

I live in the boondocks of CT where EVERY one of these cops have a damn squad car. Half the time you see them driving slow in downtown, wasting time lookin for trouble. You see them lurking around in random parking lots at night, lights off, exhaust puffing, they're bored......They're as bored as a mall parking lot security jeep. Any time I roll past one they are eying me like an eagle. They are just waitin to harass anybody for anything. They will throw a ticket at you in .5 sec. The only thing they're a bit lenient on is tint because 35% is legal in CT.

North face jacket and earring......HAHA! Around here you'll get a hard-ass stare if you cross paths with a cop on the street or in a restuaraunt. I guess you fit into a certain "stereotype" or what they call a "profile".

If it were up to them and you had no rights, they'd have you frisked up on the wall on the spot.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

rocky the oinkers are like that in Suffolk long island..... my boys alarm went off in his house.....its silent...so without realizing its going off.....he sits down starts eating some cereal loungin around in his living room and next thing u know 10 cop cars on his lawn ready to bust the door down. with their guns drawn.....bro in queens some stupid shit like that happens u get 1 car to drive by slowly to see if everythings ok in the front n back for any forced entry otherwise they leave.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Tripnbeats, but I actually like the idea of 10 cops checking up on me when my home alarm goes off.

One thing is for sure though, car alarms, are useless in NYC, no one cares for the noise, in fact, they will be happier if your car is stolen just to alleviate the noise, lol.

Example, my 00TL, had clifford 3.5 matrix, with a back up horn, and let's not forget the trucker's horn...so when it went off, it was loud as a mofo...my car was still broken into, and taken apart in my garage, within I would say 2 hours, not one of neighbors bastards called the cops...or raised a concern, no one gives a crap. they only care when it something happens to them....

and NYPD don't give two shits about your car..... I even know for a fact they knew exactly who was taking out the headlights from the 2G cars, they even named two names of who is doing this in Brooklyn area, but the cops never did anything about it... 'We don't do anything, unless ordered to do so'..they claimed to be collecting more evidence.....bs.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
aw1
Pro

had a state trooper pull me and my friends over by bear mountain at 1am. we were camping out for several days and ran out of food. how? because i have a IDIOT for a friend. anyways, we drove around route 17 in search for food. state trooper pulls us over & asked for my info and what we were doing driving around at 1am in the morning. gave him my license/reg/insurance including my parking permit at the camp grounds. also told him we were starving but he pretty much saw it in our faces. let us go and pointed us in the right direction. so not all state troopers are aholes!!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
aw1
Pro

tek, totally agree with you on the car alarm. no one in my neighborhood gives a crap if they go off. it just annoyance to them that it woke them up from their sleep.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Race Director

aw1, thats a different thing all together where do you camp?

When you stink. dressed in mis-matching layers, and asking where to get food, lol, they will be nice to you I've been in your shoes a few times while camping, lol....but that's what makes it fun, those spontaneous hunting journeys.(munchies lol)
Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
[PA] NBP-TL

Looks i started a nice thread for people to let out their feeling about TIcketing...so yea rocky you figure. Good thing summer is here no more north face. Which might means less getting stopped by NY finest
Old 01-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Race Director

speaking of tickets, if I go in the Buses Only lane in SI, do any of you know how much of a ticket I'm looking at? and what kind of a ticket it will be?

Sometimes when I'm at a dead stop traffic, I...ummm....really gots to go, lol, if you know what I mean...just want to see if it's worth to hold it
Old 01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
[PA] NBP-TL

speaking of tickets, if I go in the Buses Only lane in SI, do any of you know how much of a ticket I'm looking at? and what kind of a ticket it will be?

Sometimes when I'm at a dead stop traffic, I...ummm....really gots to go, lol, if you know what I mean...just want to see if it's worth to hold it

Any moving violation is point in NYS, look at this
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#points
Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
King of NYC

according to that, isn't your license suspended clavo?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

as a former SI resident, and a frequent traveler through there.... i gotta put my in

that area of the SI expressway you are talking about is a "high crash zone" according to NYPD, and its always a traffic mess, and there are always cops there.... probably not a good idea to be jumping in that lane..

out on long island, we have HOV lanes, and if you jump in there and dont belong, or cross the divider. i believe its 2 or 3 points and a BIG fine.. like $300+ i never (even in traffic) bother using that lane... unless i've got atleast 2+ people in my car.... not worth the $$ or points to me...
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
East Coast Crew

The bus lane is now HOV for 2 people or more, going towards New Jersey.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
[PA] NBP-TL

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
according to that, isn't your license suspended clavo?

nO IS NOT sUSPN. i CHECK WITH dmv.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
aw1
Pro

aw1, thats a different thing all together where do you camp?

When you stink. dressed in mis-matching layers, and asking where to get food, lol, they will be nice to you I've been in your shoes a few times while camping, lol....but that's what makes it fun, those spontaneous hunting journeys.(munchies lol)

harriman state park. you can camp with a tent or rent a cabin.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
as a former SI resident, and a frequent traveler through there.... i gotta put my in

that area of the SI expressway you are talking about is a "high crash zone" according to NYPD, and its always a traffic mess, and there are always cops there.... probably not a good idea to be jumping in that lane..

out on long island, we have HOV lanes, and if you jump in there and dont belong, or cross the divider. i believe its 2 or 3 points and a BIG fine.. like $300+ i never (even in traffic) bother using that lane... unless i've got atleast 2+ people in my car.... not worth the $$ or points to me...
I just went to court for an HOV violation on the LIE - I was alone in the car during the HOV time (didn't realize they start the HOV rules at 3PM). I got it reduced, but the ticket would have been 2 points and $205 if I had pleaded guilty.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by clavodulce16
nO IS NOT sUSPN. i CHECK WITH dmv.

Not until/unless he's convicted. I don't think he's gone to court yet.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
You guys are complaining about NYPD? I think they are so cool compared to where I'm from. They got better things to do. They're more likely to let you go.

I live in the boondocks of CT where EVERY one of these cops have a damn squad car. Half the time you see them driving slow in downtown, wasting time lookin for trouble. You see them lurking around in random parking lots at night, lights off, exhaust puffing, they're bored......They're as bored as a mall parking lot security jeep. Any time I roll past one they are eying me like an eagle. They are just waitin to harass anybody for anything. They will throw a ticket at you in .5 sec. The only thing they're a bit lenient on is tint because 35% is legal in CT.

North face jacket and earring......HAHA! Around here you'll get a hard-ass stare if you cross paths with a cop on the street or in a restuaraunt. I guess you fit into a certain "stereotype" or what they call a "profile".

If it were up to them and you had no rights, they'd have you frisked up on the wall on the spot.

One time blew a red light by accident, I was coming back from the train station because I had to drop off a friend. So as I leave the train station I travel a few blocks and then I come across an intersection, the light was turning yellow and went red, but as it immediately went red the Green Turn left signal also went on, so it had confused me to the extent that I was unaware that it was a red light. My friend asks me if I'm going to stop and then I had suddenly realized what I was doing, I slam my brakes and I'm already half way throught the intersection, so I said to myself whatever I might as well should just keep going.

Mind you when I slammed my brakes I hadn't come to a complete stop and so I just slowly rolled through the intersection.

It turns out that a squad car was 15 feet behind me, but I assume he either hadn't seen what I had done or just didn't care. Cops in the the New Haven area have bigger fish to fry I suppose.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Point of my post is that no two CT cops are alike, all of them enforce their own rules and it sucks.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Racer

on my way heading to work. As i entered the highway on Jerome Ave towards whitestone bridge. There an NYPD car standing hal way in to the entrance of the highway telling very body to slow down. SO i slowed down and he sort of tell me to pull over to the side wit his hand. So tell me i'm getting pulled over for tinted windows. He put the little machine on my windows and it displays a 29. so he comes back with 3 tickets. And i asked him why 3? he replies i could of giving you 5. So i tell him NYS laws states that any vechile with their side mirror can have any percentage tints on the back seat and rear mirror. SO how they always tell me when i let them know i know the law. "SO YOU A SMART ASS" so i replied back. Hope you me your quota.

NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE. BUT CLEAR NYPD IS THE WORSE LAW SYSTEM IN THE WORLD.
Actually NY is not nearly the worst for traffic tickets.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by visuelz
The bus lane is now HOV for 2 people or more, going towards New Jersey.
Absolutely incorrect, I'm on this road 5 times a week for over 3 years now...enjoying the traffic daily...this was the main reason why I went with auto tranny.

That lane is for Buses Only.... they originally were suppose to have an HOV lane there but that got canceled.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Race Director

and guys, if you think about it, NYPD is doing a great job. They are keeping us safe, I wish though they practiced the same toughness before 9/11.

They are underpaid and overworked. In Staten Island however, they are bored out of their mind, and their favorite call is 63...fat bastards, lol.

I only get tint tickets in Staten Island....
Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Safety Car

ok lets not bring 9/11 into light.....and I do agree they do a hell of a job keeping the city safe even though I dislike them Im not opposed to all of them. Tek i just got a clifford alarm for the car that ill probably be dropping in this weekend......and i got a 160DB train foghorn for it too.... mounted the tank in the trunk and compressor under hood. =)
Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Race Director

Tripnbeats, that's awesome

It reminds me of my set-up in my last TL...nice! I also did the windows up/down, with an extra horn hidden under the car.

But my poor 00TL was still dismantled I miss that car!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Any moving violation is point in NYS, look at this
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#points
i was looking at that list...but dont they slap you with a reckless driving if you drive over 31+mph over the speed limit? so that turns out to be like 8+5 so you lose your license on the spot no?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Safety Car

yea my last TL was a Dark Emerald Pearl Type S..... i had it 3 months, 2 weeks of which it spent in the body shop becuz some bitch driving an escalade sideswiped the car pulling out of a pull-in spot..... she got arrested because she had no license or papers to the car....anyways I got T-boned by a kid who blatantly blew a stop sign....the car split in half when i hit the pole. I still miss it too. =(
Old 01-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Safety Car

berite u dont lose it on the spot... its a summons and u go to court thats when u lose it. Unless ur lawyers suck the judges nuts.... your not gettin out of it...best bet is reduction but even thats a crock.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 AM
I'M BACK!!!

ahh and thats why i love cali. we can have any percentage of tint in all windows except the two front. love it! one cop did try to tell my i cudnt have any of them tinted.hahaha

Quick Reply: NYPD Ticket Quotas