Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYPD Ticket Quotas

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
The word you’re looking for is worst. As in this is the WORST thread I have ever seen in terms of correct use of the English language. Proper grammar is nonexistent and word use is astonishing. Try using Microsoft Word to type your responses or download Mozilla Firefox, which has a built in spell check.

sorry if i insulted you by using the incorrect word. is this thread about how to write english or talk about our Acura's etc...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acuras n tickets !!!! =)
Old 01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
The Darker the berry....

PBA cards or courtesy badges will work for the most part in NYC, but forget about state troopers - they don't respect anybody's stuff. I got pulled over in Dec at 3:20 PM because I didn't realize that the HOV rules on LIE in LI had started at 3PM and I was by myself. He claimed my courtesy badge was bought on ebay, pulled out the tint meter and measured my front windows at 16%, but I was nice and he only gave me the HOV ticket, which I went to court yesterday and got reduced to a parking tickect w/ a $125 fine. I learned many moons ago that it just doesn't pay to mouth off to stinkin pig cops because they can make your life miserable. I once got pulled over in Flushing, NY and mouthed off at the cop and got a total of 10 tickets!!! - 1 for each tinted window, 1 for each tinted license plate frame, 1 for each head light cover, etc... Went to court a got all but 1 dismissed - judge said that they can only ticket you once if the car had illegal tint - not 1 ticket for each window, unless the law has changed. Def. go to court and see what you can do.

Side story...- last night at traffic court in North Hills, LI, this guy who saw the judge ahead of me had already made his deal with the prosecutor but the judge wasn't sure he liked the deal. He's looking over the guy's record and says "Mr ???, do you know what your record looks like?". The guy replies "No, sir". Judge -"you don't know how many violations you've gotten in the past 4 years?". Guy -"No sir, I don't recall". Judge -"you don't know about any of the 15 violations you've gotten in past 4 years?". Guy - "No, I don't remember". Judge -"OK, I'm rejecting this deal and you must post a $500 bail right now and you can go to trial- if you would have been honest, I might have accepted this deal". I'm like, Dawg, the judge has your record right in front of him, why would you play dumb like that? Point of the story- when it comes to dealing with these cops/judges, just doesn't make sense to do anything to piss them off. Story over......
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
aw r u nuts? show respect and they'll let u go?? bro not one cop in NY will let u go for that. unless u got tits and ur hot.

trip, u made me laugh out loud at work..
Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Pro

just bustin balls man I had to
I don't have a problem with the way you write tripnbeats, I understand that. It is the stuff that clavodulce16 writes that is confusing.

Clavodulce I am not trying to cause to fight or take over your thread but how hard is it to take 3 extra seconds to make it comprehendible. Otherwise I spend 30 seconds trying to crack your Da Vinci Code.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
I just happen to agree with fish008. Proper grammar (word usage) and spelling demonstrates our intellectual ability to form comprehensive sentences.

Iz that aight dawg? It's a forum, where we can write just as we speak,lol.

PS I luv Firefox.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

lol!!!!! u guys are funny...... jet I agree to some extent I have come across a few state troopers that look at me and go wtf is this? Im like look man Im from the city Im hoping to god you can honor that for me. 2 times it worked... all the other times i was walkin around with a thumb in my ass. and when it comes to going to court DO NOT LIE TO THE JUDGE.... ONLY TO THE COP WHEN UR PULLED OVER =)
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Safety Car

yea firefox is the shit. recently the site's been acting weird and if it wasnt for firefox my computer screen would have a hole in it right now.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
aw1
Pro

what i meant by respect was not mouthing off at the cop even if he/she is being an asshole.

riding home with my brother in law one night back to Brooklyn. we had to take a detour from the BQE to the Gowanas through the local streets. right above the tunnel, there is this sweeping 180 degree turn that allows you to merge back onto the Gowanas right at the mouth of the tunnel. this cop pulls us over for not turning on the left signal. we (bro in law & I) both knew that it was BS because there is no other way to go but the sweeping left 180. we did not talk back and just gave the cop the drivers license and a pba card. 2 minutes later, we were on our way home.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I mean to not offend any nypd officer who may drive an acura and is an acurazine member, but the fact is I graduated from a school (john jay college) where good majority of the male student body and attend the college are nypd officers

the truth is that it is one of the worst jobs, your beat is generally one of the most populated areas, and usually there are supervisors who want to look good on paper

there is no real quota, there is just some supervisor with a mustache sitting at the base during muster that wishes to one day get promoted higher up so he wants to fatten up his tours ticket numbers

Your best course of action is to mail in the yellow dmv tickets innocent, you will get a court date like 3 months from now, show up, when you get there you will see the very officer who gave you the tickets, he will have his little baby blue memo book reading off a quick transcript of everything that occured, time date location etc...

Listen carefully, 9/10 a cop will miss 1 detail, 1 single miniscule detail will cause the case to be dismissed

Note: this coming from a dude who beat a red light with 2 squad cars behind me (i just didnt think when I did it), court date, at the start the cop said "steady red light on 153rd" I was like right that is the light, then towards the end he summed himself up, and he said "steady red light on 152nd", ok so I looked at the judge and began to speaking in proper english (which I rarely do), and asked that the officer repeat the redlight, he said 152nd, I said ok as you read I glanced at your book and it says 153rd, I heard you say 153rd, so did I blow 2 lights or one, I have pictures showing the intersection which was yellow when I crossed (full bs)

dmv court judges (aint real judges) they are like judicial hearing officers or someshit, he concluded by saying dismissed due to unclear facts and a lack of 1 proof and 2 sense

ps. make sure you send it in not guilty and you want a hearing in person, because if the cop don't show, you free to go, they usually give you a date soooooo far away that you hope the cop didnt write all the details in his memo book
Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Instructor

where does one get that pba card? or that courtesy mini badge? had a friend who became a cop but he gave away the mini badge to his mother and sister, which i can understand. so where can i get one?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Instructor

I'm sure glad I don't live in NYC. I don't know how you folks put up with some of the BS they have there.

It also sounds like you were being a smart ass. If I were you I would either move or get the tint removed.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by berite100
where does one get that pba card? or that courtesy mini badge? had a friend who became a cop but he gave away the mini badge to his mother and sister, which i can understand. so where can i get one?
It's not about getting one, it's about knowing a cop. If you just have the PBA card, and you have no clue to whom the badge # belongs to, or you can't provide clear info of where you got it and why, it won't do any good to you, in fact, the cop will confiscate it, and will report it to the cop's who badge's # it is.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Safety Car

well there isnt a quota...ur right buuuuut there is a guy who sits there n counts how many lets say speeding tickets there are or arent and how much more money (tickets) need to be collected in order to keep the budget flowing... that I know is a fact.... i got that bit of info from a oinker. and if there is an NYPD TL driver and he is being insulted I can give a shit less.... not my problem.... not his either. It is what it is....some are nice, most arent.
NYS is a theft state to live in anyway.....every cop looks for a reason to f*ck u in or out of ur car... and on taxes these jerk off politicians blast u over ur head when its turned the other way.
I wish their residence was posted publicly and people would go to their bagillion $$$ houses n shit on their lawns and of course pee on their pillows. wonder if that would make them more humble.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Race Director

Trips, they actually get solid numbers of what they need to bring each time, but never more than the number that is asked for....cops don't like other cops who do more work the necessary, most of my buddies sleep in the patrol cars, as they work night shifts...nice? egh? lol
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Safety Car

Jay I once got out of my car to beat this cop to his grave... he was one of those "tough guys" in the neighborhood turned asshole cop.... anyway.... him and his friends jumped me when i was younger for no apparent reason...just to do it....but I dont forget faces....so when this asshole pulled me over and threatened me with tickets and rolled his sleaves up and I saw tats I was like this guy remembers me and thinks Im not getting out to slam his face into the pavement... i got out closed the door and got in his face. said u dont remember me jerk off? and I kept walking towards him like i was gonna kill him... now let me say Im 225lbs of muscle..... twice that guys size from when i was a child and now.....so when u see me coming at u its either get out of the way or fight. He turned to his partner screamed YOOO LETS GO! I stopped. they jumped in the car and dipped. Talk about BS huh?? He pulled me over for no reason either....it was one of those bad days to mess with a person.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Safety Car

Tek ur right.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
It's not about getting one, it's about knowing a cop. If you just have the PBA card, and you have no clue to whom the badge # belongs to, or you can't provide clear info of where you got it and why, it won't do any good to you, in fact, the cop will confiscate it, and will report it to the cop's who badge's # it is.
so befriend a cop you are saying?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Safety Car

no dont go out get pulled over n hug the guy...... if u know someone whos a cop ask em for a pba or a friend of a friend but they dont give those out lightly.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Race Director

so befriend a cop you are saying?
Yes. I'll tell you honestly, I don't like to get my cop friends involved, I always try to diffuse the situation myself. PBA cards are only there to ask for courtesy/discretion, they are not "get out of jail free card."

One thing that definitely helps, if you turn off the car, put the keys on the dashboard, and turn on the map lights; this show's the cop that either you are a cop or know a cop. Don't reach for your wallet unless instructed to do so, and do tell them where exactly you are reaching, ask them to use the flashlight so you can see.

Just think of how they feel when they approach your tinted out car at night, they are scared, they have no clue what you maybe pointing at them. Make their life easier, and they will return the favor. (most will, r00kies especially)
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Race Director

no dont go out get pulled over n hug the guy...... if u know someone whos a cop ask em for a pba or a friend of a friend but they dont give those out lightly.
Yep. it costs them a whole dollar

Usually, if you get a ticket (a moving violation), you would ask your cop friend to call the cop who gave you the ticket, and it works out as I'll scratch your back, but you will eventually scratch mine, thus, getting a PBA card is a privilege, and this is why when you get pulled over, a PBA card does mean something to the cop, assuming you don't just shove the card into his face.

PS Don't start asking random cops for PBA cards, they need to know you personally, in order to vouch for you.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

You choose to do tints & tint tickets are cost of doing business.

I can't understand all the bitching about getting tickets for tints when y'all know they are for the most part illegal before you even have them done.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM
aw1
Pro

try asking him if he still has any left. cops usually only get 3-5 at most to give to family members. if your buddy has one for you, ask him if he can right his info on the backside of the card.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

You choose to do tints & tint tickets are cost of doing business.

I can't understand all the bitching about getting tickets for tints when y'all know they are for the most part illegal before you even have them done.
100% agree with you.

Also, I heard a rumor that cops (at least in NY), don't like imported cars, they only like American made, mustangs and stuff, so if u r driving a Japaneses or German car you will get pulled over first. (I don't think they know TLs are also made in Ohio)

Another weird thing, I use to fly (90mph) on my FX35 in front of the cops, and they would never pay any attention to me...Now I drive my TLS at speed limit, and they always looking at me, waiting for me to mess up.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
100% agree with you.
When I used to commute into the city from central Jersey there was a traffic light on Rt-9 in Sayreville which backed up traffic in the morning for about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile.

There was a housing complex you could duck through to beat the light but you had to make an illegal run up the shoulder to make the right turn into the complex.

We got caught once or twice a year & paid the fine but the half hour it saved us every day was more then worth it.

Just the cost of doing business
Old 01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
To the OP please try to write in complete sentences. It's very hard to understand what your trying to say with abbreviations, misspellings, and fragmented sentences. Maybe if you're texting but not typing on a computer, abbreviations and misspellings are understandable.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
To the OP please try to write in complete sentences. It's very hard to understand what your trying to say with abbreviations and misspellings. Maybe if you're texting but not typing on a computer it's understandable.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
100% agree with you.

Also, I heard a rumor that cops (at least in NY), don't like imported cars, they only like American made, mustangs and stuff, so if u r driving a Japaneses or German car you will get pulled over first. (I don't think they know TLs are also made in Ohio)

Another weird thing, I use to fly (90mph) on my FX35 in front of the cops, and they would never pay any attention to me...Now I drive my TLS at speed limit, and they always looking at me, waiting for me to mess up.
LOL. Maybe back in the days when you didn't need a college degree to be NYPD.
I think the officers today aren't as ignorant as they were before.
Don't be sooooo paranoid, nobody is looking at you.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Race Director

Wuzup korrupted, oh, I'm not paranoid, I ignore them

I forgot, what color is your TLS? I still haven't seen another TL-S in the area.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MRP, not too many around, so when you see it, you'll know it's me
Old 01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
wait clav didn't you get some other tickets recently??
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
my exgirlfriend got SEVEN tint tickets on her TSX

4 door windows, 2 small quarter panel windows and one rear windshield. on top of following too closely, speeding, unsafe lane change and failure to signal.. sucked for her!

im a polite guy. if i get pulled over, im kissing some serious cop ass... i've got 15% tints, and had 10% on my last car... i dont like paying $$$ to TPVA (traffic&parking violations agency).. they have already got a wrap sheet on me with my old cars thats like 30 pages long.... never again
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Yeah, 14 pts in 4 violations:

14 points
Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
[PA] NBP-TL

Originally Posted by rockyfeller

yes i did, i got appoit for 3 other tickets.
sometime in may
Old 01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
NYC sucks all around, they are waaay to profit driven, everytime I go there the parking meters are adjusted. Some go fast and they reduced the maximum to one hour, after that they give you a 35$ fine and they are able to give you multiple tickets if you don't move your car.

Also if you don't pay the fine they will charge you late fees and if you have 3 outstanding tickets you'll get towed, and then when you get towed that's a $150 fee, plus the towing fee. So $300 will quickly double.

So that's why I say I hate New York.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
my exgirlfriend got SEVEN tint tickets on her TSX

4 door windows, 2 small quarter panel windows and one rear windshield. on top of following too closely, speeding, unsafe lane change and failure to signal.. sucked for her!

im a polite guy. if i get pulled over, im kissing some serious cop ass... i've got 15% tints, and had 10% on my last car... i dont like paying $$$ to TPVA (traffic&parking violations agency).. they have already got a wrap sheet on me with my old cars thats like 30 pages long.... never again

I'm never afraid to kiss a little ass, honestly you have to these days.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Obviously kissing ass is a big deal, but I need some help understanding these pba cards and "mini badges"? How come cops receive these to give to family members/friends? How come when a family member of a cop is speeding, its different than when a stranger is speeding? I really don't understand this, it seems that the"breaking of the law" of "speeding" isn't really what it is. Either way you are speeding no matter what you do, no matter who you are.

Whats the deal here?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it became a law that no one in NY could have tints on their windows because of that shooting a while back when some cops pulled someone over and the guys shot the two cops, and killed one of them? I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted this weekend. Anyone suggest a place, preferrably in Queens or L.I.? should I get that moleskin crap before I get the tints?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
C'mon man we talked bout this and you said you're a safe driver.......How is it that you keep getting pulled over?? How come I hardly ever get pulled over? Dumb luck? Or are you doing something to draw attention to yourself?

I haven't gotten any tickets since 2003. The last time I did, I can admit, I deserved it.

I was in a pissed off mood and I was admittedly dickin around in my BMW. Driving home from work at midnight through a very deserted area on curvy roads I drive on everyday and know like the back of my hand. I blatantly ran 2 pointless stop signs and was speeding. I saw a car suddenly pull up at high speed at my back bumper. At first I thought it was someone who wanted to race.....Then I looked closer and saw the familiar outline of Crown Vic headlights in my rearview. Instead of stomping the brakes I slowed down normally and then he put his lights and siren on.

With all the curves he didn't see exactly what I did, he just assumed I ran the stop signs because of how far ahead I got in front of him with all those curves. Cop gave me all 3 tickets. $450 worth of tickets there.

He couldn't tell how fast I was going so he just made up a number of 48 in a 25. He said he was giving me a break because he knew I was going faster and he tried hard to pull up to 65mph to catch up. (Crown Vic vs. BMW 540i on a cury road......lol!!) I was actually doing like 55mph hee-hee! No use arguing there, I said OK and fought it in court.

I told the DA that he didn't actually see me run the signs, he just assumed I did and he didn't use any apparatus to determine my speed, just judgement. I think $450 was just absurd. I paid $120 in a plea bargain, but I really did deserve to pay something because I was driving like a dick.

I don't recommend driving like that on a public road. I was alone and not around anybody on the road though. I normally don't drive like that 95% of the time.

Drive safe and you will be pulled over less.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Safety Car

Come on man cops are dicks too... if ur messin around speeding u deserve it.... but if u werent and u got pulled over and u werent speeding u wouldnt deserve it.... and would be pissed becuz he was being a jerk off. Safe driver or not cop was still being a jerk off.

Quick Reply: NYPD Ticket Quotas