Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYPD Ticket Quotas

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NYPD Ticket Quotas

on my way heading to work. As i entered the highway on Jerome Ave towards whitestone bridge. There an NYPD car standing hal way in to the entrance of the highway telling very body to slow down. SO i slowed down and he sort of tell me to pull over to the side wit his hand. So tell me i'm getting pulled over for tinted windows. He put the little machine on my windows and it displays a 29. so he comes back with 3 tickets. And i asked him why 3? he replies i could of giving you 5. So i tell him NYS laws states that any vechile with their side mirror can have any percentage tints on the back seat and rear mirror. SO how they always tell me when i let them know i know the law. "SO YOU A SMART ASS" so i replied back. Hope you me your quota.

NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE. BUT CLEAR NYPD IS THE WORSE LAW SYSTEM IN THE WORLD.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
If the cop is an ass he can give you a ticket for every window. In sedans we are not allowed any tint period in NYC, we must have 70% of light passing thru (factory). (Suv/trucks its a different story)

You need to be courteous to the police officer, and you will not get tickets, but the moment you open your mouth, here they come. I've been pulled over plenty for tints, be polite, and get a PBA card.

Peace.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
....what?
lol, can you write a little bit more coherently.

Wait so you only had the rear windows and rear windshield tinted, correct?
You said to the cop "SO YOU A SMART ASS"?
what do you mean quotas, did you get the ticket or not?
were your window and passenger window tinted?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clavodulce16
on my way heading to work. As i entered the highway on Jerome Ave towards whitestone bridge. There an NYPD car standing hal way in to the entrance of the highway telling very body to slow down. SO i slowed down and he sort of tell me to pull over to the side wit his hand. So tell me i'm getting pulled over for tinted windows. He put the little machine on my windows and it displays a 29. so he comes back with 3 tickets. And i asked him why 3? he replies i could of giving you 5. So i tell him NYS laws states that any vechile with their side mirror can have any percentage tints on the back seat and rear mirror. SO how they always tell me when i let them know i know the law. "SO YOU A SMART ASS" so i replied back. Hope you me your quota.

I FEEL YOUR MADNESS MY FELLOW TL OWNER ....I HAVE 5 % ALL AROUND IM LUCKY HE JUST GAVE TICKETS FOR THE FRONT 2 ONLY...HE SAID HES GONNA GIVE ME A CHANCE....NOWADAYS YOU CANT EVEN TAKE PICTURES OR EVEN TAKE RECEIPTS TO THE COURT ...THE JUDGE DOESNT EVEN CARE ...TOO BAD I AINT TAKING THEM OFF LOL......BY THE WAY HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Race Director

bfrobian, if you are a ticket cop, you give tickets for seat belts and tints solely, you must bring in a quota for the month, so if your superior tells you. I want to see by the end of the month 10 of each, you better deliver...this is a quota.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
bfrobian, if you are a ticket cop, you give tickets for seat belts and tints solely, you must bring in a quota for the month, so if your superior tells you. I want to see by the end of the month 10 of each, you better deliver...this is a quota.
oh i knew what THAT was, gotcha.
clavo how much did everything come out to?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Race Director

I think its a 30 bux surcharge, with each window $40? I don't know, they always raise the fees, those bastards.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

I have 35% all around.
NYS law states that any car can have any % tint on back seat and rear windshield as long as they have their side mirrors. 70% of light must pass by the front windows.
I told this to the cop and he said so your a smart ass. like they normally do when i correct them lol

FYI

Section 375 (12-a) of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law does not allow a windshield or front side windows that are dark. The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light. Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window. This law also applies to the rear window unless the vehicle has outside rear-view mirrors on both sides. The mirrors must give the driver a full and clear view behind the vehicle.

If the vehicle is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible, the rear side windows must also allow at least seventy percent of light from the outside to pass through the window.

It is illegal to sell, offer for sale, or install glass that does not comply with this law. It is illegal to operate a vehicle with glass that does not comply with this law.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no no no no hold on....... first off KEEP IN MIND EVERY SINGLE CAR ON THE PLANET ALREADY HAS 70% TINT because of the plastic fused into the glass when its molded....that means in NYS u cannot put any kind of tint on the window because even if u put 35% or 50% ur still cutting it down to 35% to 20% or 50% to 35%....... u CAN have every window behind you tinted as dark as u want.... shit u can even spray paint them black. Its actually LAW in NYS for u and the cop to be able to see out or in of the side view mirrors....anything prohibiting that is illegal. (tints, getting head, whatever.)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Safety Car

Oh and I have my windshield tinted at 16% and my windows at 11%....or at least thats what the tint meters say.annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd get a PBA card they let u slide big time with em.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

is 40+50= 90 for each.
and i got 3 of them. I starting to hate end of month
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Race Director

clavodulce, don't you have only have to pay ONE surcharge!??
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
no no no no hold on....... first off KEEP IN MIND EVERY SINGLE CAR ON THE PLANET ALREADY HAS 70% TINT because of the plastic fused into the glass when its molded....that means in NYS u cannot put any kind of tint on the window because even if u put 35% or 50% ur still cutting it down to 35% to 20% or 50% to 35%....... u CAN have every window behind you tinted as dark as u want.... shit u can even spray paint them black. Its actually LAW in NYS for u and the cop to be able to see out or in of the side view mirrors....anything prohibiting that is illegal. (tints, getting head, whatever.)

I understand what you are saying. Now why did he gave me 3 tickets. I asked why 3. He said the 2 front and 1 from the back lol. What happen to my other windows and my back winshield.????
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Dude,
I'd say it's your choices, not the cops, that are getting you into trouble. This is on top of the 14 points against you for your earlier transgressions?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

i also asked him for the receipt that the machine prints out. He just avoided my question. I asked twice. lol NYPD i tell you. The worse
Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Is cooli will just pay them but wanted to xpres my anger against the worse law enforcement.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Safety Car

well pay the 2 front and get the 3rd dismissed when u go to court for it...the pig judge will most likely drop it because most cars come standard with a rear windshield tinted.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:59 AM
LyfeIs what you make it!

Oh and I have my windshield tinted at 16% and my windows at 11%....or at least thats what the tint meters say.annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd get a PBA card they let u slide big time with em.
PBA cards arent what they use to be. Most cops don’t give a shit about PBA anymore. Seems like the only way you can avoid a ticket is by being a cop or being related to a cop. Of course, that’s unless u get pulled over by a state trooper, then you’re screwed either way.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:59 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

i will bring in my lawyer nd try to get all 3 dismiss
Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Safety Car

a receipt? hahahaha good luck dude....NYPD pigs are a bunch of idiots. dude..... havent u ever seen 400 cops appear at a crime scene its like they all know donuts and coffee is there for freeee. I had a jerk off pull me over one time for "racing".... RACING?? I pulled away from a green light to make a right turn... unreal..... I just drove away like he didnt even pull me over...... he tried to arrest me til my neighbor whos a sergeant at the jerk offs precinct came out of his house and almost beat him senseless..... now the bitch is a meter maid. It just doesnt end with these morons.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Race Director

LyfeIs, absolutely not true, as long as you respect them, they will return the favor.

Two of my best friends are cops....It's all about how you present your self. When I pull over, I turn the car off, put the keys on the top of the dash, turn the interior map lights on, and I await instructions...and I sir them to death, lol...it works.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Safety Car

correct tekno..... u say nothing u hand em ur shit they'll honor it.... i have rreeeaaaallllyyy higher ups cards so they come in handy all the time. especially at the tunnel....those muts pull u over for looking at them.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Race Director

Tripnbeats, lol, he got what he deserved, some are bad, who think they are above the law...

I only open my mouth if I know someone at that particular precinct. I try to know all the captains and detectives, it works.

But I never had success with troopers...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

Tripnbeats, lol, he got what he deserved, some are bad, who think they are above the law...

I only open my mouth if I know someone at that particular precinct. I try to know all the captains and detectives, it works.

But I never had success with troopers...

tek be real man. Those cops ar enever there from the first of the month. They get there towards the end of the month is proven. I drive that way every single day. i only open my outh when he came to me with 3 tickets. and he tried da take dem off and take picture shyt, that doesnt work. judge would tell u it doesnt work. trust me.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Safety Car

he didnt say U deserved it dude he said the cop whos now a meter bitch deserved it.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Race Director

Ok, i got pulled over on Sunday @ 10pm, in Staten Island for tints.... 1 min later I got "Have a good night sir"...no tickets. And this is in S.I., where a ticket is guaranteed, as they are really bored.

So yeah, it works. Don't get me wrong, they are some cops who are just nuts in the head, and believe me, even their own people can't stand them. I had this one bald cop pull over for no reason what so ever in my area, I was like what's the reason I am being pulled over, he said because he felt like it, so I called his captain, because I felt like it, that bald dude just gives me a cold stare now, lol.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Safety Car

if ur from NYC and know a cop u can get a release that u "peeled" the tints off the pic shit ur talkin about doesnt work with anyone..... the judge will drop the last ticket for the back window
Old 01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
LyfeIs what you make it!

LyfeIs, absolutely not true, as long as you respect them, they will return the favor.

Two of my best friends are cops....It's all about how you present your self. When I pull over, I turn the car off, put the keys on the top of the dash, turn the interior map lights on, and I await instructions...and I sir them to death, lol...it works.
Tekno, you are absolutely right. This is why I've never received a ticket (knock on wood) and I've been pulled over several times. I’ve re-read my post and what I actually meant was that the PBA card does not always prevent you from getting a ticket. I've worked with cops, so I've always had the most recent PBA cards. I place these cards right beside my license and I've had to NY cops tell me "Don’t show me that" even though I wasn’t trying to.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Safety Car

I was pulled over at the tunnel once by a dick toll booth cop he had such a hard on......screaming to the top of his lungs that I was stoned outta my mind.....Im like dude i dont blaze wtf is ur problem???.....30 mins pass and hes still screaming where is it? tell me and ill let u go!!! im like listen man if u make me make one phone call u'll regret ever coming to work today... i havent seen him since the phone call was made. lol oops
Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Race Director

LyfeIs, very true, I don't show it to them, it just happens to always be visible in my wallet, you have to act a little, oh look, what I've found, wink, wink, lol.

PBA cards work best on rookies, veterans are usually the ones who are miserable and just don't care what you show them.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Safety Car

u dont even make the card seen.....u put it behind ur license. he'll determine what it is when he gets to it......u show him the card he's like....this guys a dick he thinks hes cool because hes got one.....im gonna ticket him anyway.....at least thats what they tell me to do.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 AM
aw1
Pro

just show little respect and most times they will let you go.

so far, so good. haven't gotten pulled over for 35% tints.

its also good to have family members in the nypd, nassau cty and home land security. got cards with their badge numbers, station house and cell numbers on them.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
TYPE-S CBP MT

i went to court last week for tints tickets... 2 seperate tickets for front driver and passanger windows.

i took pics and a receipt.. the judge reduced the tickets to $10 each and still there was a $30 surcharge for each window.

total i paid $80.

hope that helps
Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Pro

i also asked him for the receipt that the machine prints out. He just avoided my question. I asked twice. lol NYPD i tell you. The worse
The word you’re looking for is worst. As in this is the WORST thread I have ever seen in terms of correct use of the English language. Proper grammar is nonexistent and word use is astonishing. Try using Microsoft Word to type your responses or download Mozilla Firefox, which has a built in spell check.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

aw r u nuts? show respect and they'll let u go?? bro not one cop in NY will let u go for that. unless u got tits and ur hot.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

fish wat did u sai?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Safety Car

mY' SpeL chickr doesnt' wurc to weLL
Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Pro

fish wat did u sai?
LOL HAHA
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

we arent trying to use correct grammer or even spell correctly we want to get the stupid thoughts out of our heads..... quickly.... if we wanted to be correct we'd be in the english and grammer forums...thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

just bustin balls man I had to

Quick Reply: NYPD Ticket Quotas