New TL - Type S for now, A5 in 60 days

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:04 AM
Trucki!!

Am I the only one that doesn't see a huge problem here. You guys all act like $5k is a ton of many. To many people $5k doesn't mean all that much. His 5k is your $500, so just deal with that demon first.

Maybe this is what he wanted to do. I don't blame him for not buying a cheap used car, I would want to drive around in a 93 civic hatchback.

While there might have been better deals out there, I'm not sure if he will loose a full 5k when it comes time to sell, assuming its a private party sale.
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:24 AM
Instructor

I don't think it matters whether or not $5000 means alot to him or not.

It is just not a good financial decision. I like to call it "impulsive buying".

I'd like to point a few things out:

Cars in Canada, once you sign on the dotted line, the car instantly depreciates by 22%. Is that the same way it is in the States?

If so then you already lost 6-7000.

Unless you do a private sale then you can soften the financial blow?

You financed at 4.9% for how long? The 4.9% interest rate is already pre-calculated into your monthly payments for the length of the finance term.

I honestly think 4.9% is too high especially during this part of the year and also this close to the new 2009 TL release. I would have thought you would get an interest rate somewhere in the 2.9% area.

But then again, if you do a private sale and find someone who can take over the monthly payments then why not?

You have less than 10 posts....I feel you came here to insult us in a way cause you're drooling about your A5 and talk bout ditching your 08 TL-S after only 2 months.

That isn't cool. If anything, you should have just stayed in the Audi forums instead of posting on AZ forums.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:30 AM
Trucki!!

It still comes down to, is 5k an acceptable loss for him to have a car he wants. Will it be 60days or 60months, doesn't matter.

Your seriously taking this as an insult? lol get real

If it is then he really sucks at making that point clear.
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:35 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lembowski
It still comes down to, is 5k an acceptable loss for him to have a car he wants. Will it be 60days or 60months, doesn't matter.

Your seriously taking this as an insult? lol get real

If it is then he really sucks at making that point clear.

Ok allow me to re-phrase. not really an insult but you can kind of sense he's braggin.

Ok I agree, whether or not 5K is an acceptable loss to him is up to him but don't you feel irked that he just posted here for the sake of it and will bail after the A5 comes in?
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:40 AM
3.2 VTEC

not only does it not make financial sence, but it doesn't make any sence at all, why wud you trade a 08TL-S for an A5...we're not talking S5, A5!!!! it's weaker, and it is the basic model, vs 08TL-S is the top of the line TL...

tell you what, if you're serious about this...keep the TL-S for a a few extra months and buy a 09 TL...or drive the TL-S for another year or so and buy a S5.

if i had to go and buy a brand new car right now, given the option of a 08 TL-S and a A5, i'd buy the TL-S.
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:43 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by AZuser
Guess you didn't hear about the guy that put tranny fluid in his motor.
LMAO dud he put 75w-90 in his engine..hahahahahah

the engine takes 5w-30
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:26 AM
_

There are some people who have more money than they know what to do with it. Maybe this guy is one of them. Yes, the decision was bad from a financial stand point. So what? It's his money. Let's just leave him be. As long as he's happy then that's all that matters. The important thing is someone's gonna get a TL-S at a pretty sweet price when (if?) he sells it.
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:45 AM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by mmade22
This guy set him up for this.....It could be true and it's great to have the extra cash. I think I can say this from everyone here, nobody wants to hear you brag that you bought a TL as a mear 2 month toy until your other toy comes in. A lot of us here are financially well off but the ones who flaunt it, are the one's who spends a lot of time alone. Just my 2 cents....
Wow ... we are a tough crowd here .... guess OP asked for it .... LOL
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:55 AM
Registered but harmless

Man, it would really suck if OP got the A5 and discovered that he liked the TL more.

On the other hand, OP might like the A5 more and proceed to the Cartalk and Ramblings subforums ("Bimmerzine"), where all the ex-Acura and non-Acura owners congregate.
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I dont know if hes a troll or not. But if he wants to do it so be it.

Let him lose his 5K. Then in two months he can post in Car Talk about his new Audi and he can give us a review on what he thought of both.

For those of you (converted) who havent read the new rules for posting, you might want to give it a read.
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:20 PM
Intermediate

Sorry if it sounded like bragging but yeah I may have had it coming since I just joined AZ without any posts and not a good way to make a first impression. I was holding out because I drove a 99 TL for years working at 1 place out of school. I was loyal to the company until last year(long story short i left that place) and took a awesome job downtown Houston. Originally was holding out for the 09 TL but the spy shots kind of disappointed. Then that's where the A5 came in. Wow. Normally, i'm 99% not a impulse buyer but I did it so that's that. You guys are tough but everyone has an opinion... believe it or not I do appreciate everyones' input. "To each his own". I appreciate those who "live and let others live".
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:26 PM
200,000 mile club

I have to respect your answer to all the negative posts. Post your pics of the car when you get it and post the pics of the A5 when you get that. At least it will keep a couple of people quiet.
Old 01-19-2008 | 01:31 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

I think the OP is smarter than we think, at least he'll have a reliable car to drive when the Audi is in-shop.
We all do impulsive things. The A5 does look nice.
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mmade22
At least it will keep a couple of people quiet.
Why, I can post pictures of a space shuttle but it dosen't mean its mine. This guys also talked about putting 20" wheels & tires on his TL.

I would suggest he is full of shit.
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:32 PM
200,000 mile club

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Why, I can post pictures of a space shuttle but it dosen't mean its mine. This guys also talked about putting 20" wheels & tires on his TL.

This is true and there is no way to tell.
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:34 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
Someone that shows their ugly head in a forum every once in a while to get you chasing your own tail.
thx!
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory

Just took pictures. As soon as I figure out how to upload, I'm going to shut this rude dude up. Man, I never called anyone names, but if it makes you feel better than go ahead. "I would suggest he is ..." the type of person that sees someone on the freeway with a nicer ride than his and gets his panties up in a bunch and gets pissed off at the world.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:15 PM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by sfcu
Just took pictures. As soon as I figure out how to upload, I'm going to shut this rude dude up. Man, I never called anyone names, but if it makes you feel better than go ahead. "I would suggest he is ..." the type of person that sees someone on the freeway with a nicer ride than his and gets his panties up in a bunch and gets pissed off at the world.
Hey at least I can see you got some guts .... LOL

It's a NBP type-s right? I do agree that it's easy to call names behind the computer screen so let's be nice to each other ... whether we intend to keep the car for two months or 10 years ...
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Here's the thread trancemission was referring to:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168021

To sfcu- follow this thread to post pics:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/faq-black-market-forum-important-paypal-disclosure-how-post-pictures-313533/
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:19 PM
Instructor

Sorry if it sounded like bragging but yeah I may have had it coming since I just joined AZ without any posts and not a good way to make a first impression. I was holding out because I drove a 99 TL for years working at 1 place out of school. I was loyal to the company until last year(long story short i left that place) and took a awesome job downtown Houston. Originally was holding out for the 09 TL but the spy shots kind of disappointed. Then that's where the A5 came in. Wow. Normally, i'm 99% not a impulse buyer but I did it so that's that. You guys are tough but everyone has an opinion... believe it or not I do appreciate everyones' input. "To each his own". I appreciate those who "live and let others live".
Naww is all good. People interpret things differently sometimes but that's human nature. As long as you clear things up then we all cool with each other.

There is no doubt the A5 is a beautiful car. I'd like to have one too if i could.

Congrats on your new job!

Well thankfully many of you are in the States.... you guys all talk about a TL-S being 33-38K...geeez........a base TL starts at 42K canadian without freight or taxes yet (13-14%)...........

a 5K hit not so bad if u make that in a relatively short time if u got a great job right? =)

2 months without a ride can definitely seem like an eternity if u too used to it.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:48 PM
Intermediate

[IMG][/IMG]

The old silver 99 TL is my oldy favorite, it's one of the best cars I ever had.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:49 PM
J35A8

Nice ride.
How much is the house next door.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:57 PM
Opium den in

Gotta love the WDP, congrats on the ride, enjoy.
Old 01-19-2008 | 09:59 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

The thing that doesn't make sense, like others said.... is WASTING money on a new car that will depreciate by 5-6K dollars... but then also ordering the A5, and not the S5...

What gives? Why not save your extra cash and buy the S5?

Or the real situation: This is your parents house, and your DAD is buying an A5? lol
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Converted
The thing that doesn't make sense, like others said.... is WASTING money on a new car that will depreciate by 5-6K dollars... but then also ordering the A5, and not the S5...

Or the real situation: This is your parents house, and your DAD is buying an A5? lol
Converted - If it makes you happy to doubt others, so be it. What, i have to show you my drivers license, deed on the house, title insurance, marriage license, diplomas, etc., etc.? Regardless, I don't see why you are such a hater. If you were the OP, i would have been happy for you, but i'm 10 years your senior and worked extremley hard for what i have, so I don't see how a 25 year old could realistically pull that off. In time you may be successful and...then a 20 year old will come along and say"Hey Converted !! It's not yours, you are full of SHIT, it's your mommas house, you suck..." Aaah...then you'll understand.
Old 01-19-2008 | 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

sfcu you dont have to explain anything.

converted, you have a PM
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:08 PM
Pro

wow, nice car, i like it, i bet you like it too lol

i see a stucco job on your hourse... that's what i do over the summer, yours look good
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:23 PM
USDM -> JDM

nice upgrade..... my first car is 03 TL-p... one of the best cars i have ever had... plus shouldnt the 99TL be in the garage? com`on.. haha
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I ordered a Audi A5 in December but couldn't wait until March 08, so I bought a 08 TL- Type S - DWP with A-Spec kit, to hold me over. I always wanted this car. Paid $33,500 +$1k for the kit and 4.9% financing, so I shouldn't lose too much in a couple of months. Love the car but I see about 10 every day. I was going to buy some 20's but i'll save it for the Audi.
Type S's go for only 33.5k!? is that out the door? I thought it was like closer to 40k... ah well
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by trancemission
sfcu you dont have to explain anything.

converted, you have a PM

uh oh~ trouble~

Old 01-20-2008 | 12:20 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Converted - If it makes you happy to doubt others, so be it. What, i have to show you my drivers license, deed on the house, title insurance, marriage license, diplomas, etc., etc.? Regardless, I don't see why you are such a hater. If you were the OP, i would have been happy for you, but i'm 10 years your senior and worked extremley hard for what i have, so I don't see how a 25 year old could realistically pull that off. In time you may be successful and...then a 20 year old will come along and say"Hey Converted !! It's not yours, you are full of SHIT, it's your mommas house, you suck..." Aaah...then you'll understand.
Well, your first thread came across as a "Look at me, I have tons of money and this TLS that many of you work HARD for, is just a temporary "in the meantime beater" until my Audi arrives..."

Sorry for possible offending you... but you have to understand that there are LOTS of trolls who make threads like this just to get a reaction out of people, and my reply was assuming you were one of them.

I'm just still in dis-belief that you would buy a brand new car, as a temp car! Why didn't you just rent a nice car for a few months? lol
Old 01-20-2008 | 08:20 AM
J35A8

IMO It's less expensive than renting a car, I've rented a car for 3 months, much more expensive than $5K.
Old 01-20-2008 | 08:48 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by welist
Only $ 33,500 for a 08 TL-S wow was that used or brand new. Hello anyone I live in connecticut and all i can see on the dealer lots are 08 TL-S for $36,000-37,800 What should i be paying for a 2008 black TL-S now.

Thanks
That deal was on December 26, 07. You should still be able to get a 08 TL-S now for the same $$(33.5 -34.0K) with the special promotions. Get on Edmunds and select the dealers you want to deal with and submit a request for a quote. They should all respond with the same deals within 24-48 hours. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2008 | 10:15 AM
Instructor

I got a quote of 33,600 for 2008 Type S + TTL. My trade in was a 2006 TL Navi, 6 sp with 10K in perfect condition. They were giving me 26K for my car, I did not take the deal.

I think a car like TL should sell below invoice in a year it is being replaced. I think whoever pays 35K or more for TL-s should shop around.
Old 01-20-2008 | 10:16 AM
200,000 mile club

I must say, I enjoy your combacks! I understand exactly. Yes, you can have it all at your age with a lot of work. I worked my ass off for the past 12 years (right out of college) with the same job I started with. After 12 years with one company, your skill and pay increase every year. I know run my own business on the side and still work for the company I started with. At our age, it is possiable to own nice things and congrats to you. Hard work pays off as I have seen it myself. When I was 25, I never thought I would be where I am today. I love the car, love the house, love the old ride.....Keep it up man.
Old 01-20-2008 | 07:00 PM
Racer

So you bought that car and you are going to downgrade into an a5 in 60 days? ouch.
Old 01-21-2008 | 12:33 AM
Its good to be FRESH!!

who really gives a shit. its his money and his loss. if you really wanna type then send him an email in a month and lowball him on his 2mo old TL-S. he obviously dont give a shit about money and will probably sell you his car for dirt cheap. i know alot of us live on a budget but not all of us are as priviaged as the OP
Old 01-21-2008 | 12:41 AM
Its good to be FRESH!!

Originally Posted by Converted

HATERS EAT A DICK. all i have to say dont be jealous because and individual has worked his ass off while you mooch off of mommy and daddy. and dont even come back with your witty comeback cause you got your pussy hurt over this post. mad props to the OP and all your luck. i hope one day to be as lucky as you. converted EAT A DICK. it ultimately comes down to the fact that you are jealous and obviously a fuck up and will never obtain things in life from the sweat of your brow.
Old 01-21-2008 | 12:45 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by philly fresh
HATERS EAT A DICK. all i have to say dont be jealous because and individual has worked his ass off while you mooch off of mommy and daddy. and dont even come back with your witty comeback cause you got your pussy hurt over this post. mad props to the OP and all your luck. i hope one day to be as lucky as you. converted EAT A DICK. it ultimately comes down to the fact that you are jealous and obviously a fuck up and will never obtain things in life from the sweat of your brow.
Jealous? I just said it was stupid... I haven't lived with "mommy and daddy" for years... but nice try.

I made 175K last year... and could easily "waste" my money too if I wanted to, and brag about it as well. It seemed like a stupid choice, and that's MY opinion. Just because you make a lot, doesn't mean that it's still not completely retarded to waste it.

Plus, I originally thought he was a troll, but apparently he isn't, just made a bad impression on his first thread.

Now get back to your "freshness" ok?
Old 01-21-2008 | 08:13 AM
J35A8

This has become such a pissn contest.
Maybe it's time to
Congrats sfcu, update us when you get your A5.

Quick Reply: New TL - Type S for now, A5 in 60 days